Adrienne's Awesome Adventure to an August EDD

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree530Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 17th, 2011, 05:21 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No, but at least the time will go by faster. Not much longer until you get to switch doctors!

December 17th, 2011, 06:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
That is so frustrating. Sometimes Drs don't think about what their patients have to go through when they make them wait for things. I'm really happy that you and your little bean are feeling great!

Thank you Vicki for my wonderful siggy.

December 17th, 2011, 04:05 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
4 weeks & 6 days

Even though I won't know the results of my second beta until Monday, I resisted buying another pack of FRERs today. I went grocery shopping this morning, finished up a couple of packages I had to mail for Christmas, went to the post office, picked up the dry cleaning, and made an early dinner/late lunch.

I wish I could get my appetite back. Since I got pregnant, it's pretty much gone. It's not nausea; it's just a decreased appetite. I thought I was getting it back, but I feel "blah" again today. I am forcing myself to eat, but I'm not hungry.

I am also ridiculously tired. I don't think I've ever been this tired in my life! I fell asleep on the couch last night around 8pm. I finally went to the bedroom at 9:30pm, instantly fell back asleep, and slept until 6am. And I wanted a nap again by noon. I'm holding out until at least 8pm, though.

I have the packages announcing our pregnancy ready to mail to our parents, as soon as I hear from the doctor on Monday. When I first got my BFP on a digi, I hung it from the Christmas tree and took a picture. I texted it to DH, and then I thought it would be nice to send the picture to our parents on Christmas Day, since I'll be 6 weeks pregnant on the 25th. I put the pictures in frames. I wrote up a letter announcing everything, and I included it in the package. We also created a blog last week, and we'll be sharing it just with our family members, so they can track everything that's going on. I don't normally get homesick or miss them too much, but it will be hard being so far away from them during this pregnancy.

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.

Last edited by Mom2JDub; December 17th, 2011 at 04:29 PM.
December 18th, 2011, 04:24 PM
5 weeks

Not much new going on today. I'm just happy that I made it to the 5-week mark.

I tweaked my neck about a week ago, and I thought it was getting better. However, I must have agitated it in my sleep again because I woke up in the middle of the night in excruciating pain. And every time I fell back asleep, I would move and wake up again. I have to turn my torso to look to the left, instead of my neck. And I'm not sure what to do about it. I'm trying not to take pain relievers, even though I know Tylenol is okay. I'm sure it wouldn't do much to help me. I have ThermaCare heat wraps, but I don't want to use them unless I talk to my doctor. So I've just been suffering today. I've been trying to stretch it as much as possible, even though it really hurts. And DH gave me a great massage.

I am starting to get an aversion to sweet foods, which is highly unusual for me. And my teeth are really sensitive, which usually happens when I have a change in hormones, often most pronounced around O time. I also had it around implantation. So I hope it's just the increasing hCG making them sensitive. I get worried that I'm going to lose this pregnancy, so unusual things make me take pause.

Of course, my breasts are still sore, and they are growing. And my stomach feels upset this evening, though that could be totally unrelated. The pain in my neck is giving me a headache, which could be upsetting my stomach.

I baked some jam tarts for my dear English friend, who says they remind her of home. So I thought I would make her a batch for Christmas. And I also made a batch of chunky peanut butter cookies. I'll probably spend the rest of the afternoon and evening on the couch because I am tired.

December 19th, 2011, 05:45 AM
KatieKat's Avatar TTC #1
I love the way you're going to announce to your parents that you're pregnant. That's so cute I hope your doctor calls you early today so you don't have to wait much longer for the news!! Keep us updated

~thanks to Jaidynsmum for my perfect siggy!~

December 19th, 2011, 06:30 AM
JLock126's Avatar Expecting #1
Ahhh tired, sore bbs, food aversion, the first 12 weeks....so glad that is over. It will go quickly. Words of advice....
1. Get a comfy sports bar (preferably a really worn out one) and start wearing it to bed...the morning you have to hold the bbs while taking one of many mid-night trips to the bathroom you will wish you had one on.
2. Pay attention to you water intake before bed time...The first 6 weeks I woke up 3 or 4 times a night to pee.
3. Always have the two t's handy....Tylenol and Tums!
4. Keep lance crackers or some small snack food handy at all times....there is nothing worse then when your stomach is suddenly empty and you can't find snack fast enough....it becomes a Code Orange Atomic level type of emergency! Lance crackers got me through morning sickness!

Good luck!

December 19th, 2011, 06:34 AM
Thanks for the tips, Jenn. It's nice to know someone who recently went through the first trimester.

Last edited by Mom2JDub; December 19th, 2011 at 09:11 AM.
December 19th, 2011, 08:08 AM
I sent you one regarding what worked for my morning sickness. I'm still taking the Unisom but not the B6 and I'm feeling great! It worked like a charm.

Good luck sweetie! I'm so very excited for you.

December 19th, 2011, 12:27 PM
5 weeks & 1 day

I called my doctor this morning, and I got my second beta results!

The level was 27 at 11 DPO. And it was 478 at 18 DPO. So my hCG is doubling every 40.5 hours. Everything appears to be totally normal!

I was feeling really good about things, but it's so nice to have that extra assurance. Now I can sit back and relax over the holiday break. And by the time I get back to work, I'll be in my 7th week!

We took belly pics at 4 weeks and 5 weeks, but I didn't want to post anything until after I heard from my doctor. So when I get home this evening, I'll start my bump progression on my first post.

I am a little bummed because I have lost 1 1/2 pounds in the past three weeks. I know that can be normal in early pregnancy, but it's frustrating. I have been eating more than usual, and I haven't been exercising because I've been concerned. So it's perplexing that I've lost weight. I'm sure it will level out at some point. In the meantime, there will be a lot of eating at Christmas and through New Year's. So perhaps that will help.

Last edited by Mom2JDub; December 19th, 2011 at 08:09 PM.
December 20th, 2011, 08:31 PM
5 weeks & 2 days

I posted my 4- and 5-week belly pics in the first post.

I've had fairly mild symptoms up until now, but today things got more pronounced. My BBs are actually less sore, though they are filling out. I felt like my bra was cutting into me all day. I am so TIRED. I have major bloating. I am a lot more hungry, but I feel nauseous when I eat. And if I don't eat a little something, I feel nauseous too. It's definitely not full-blown morning sickness, but it's a crummy feeling.

I'm embracing it all, though, because I'm so, so, so happy to be pregnant!

I only work a half-day tomorrow, and then I'll be off until January 3. Time for some R&R.

December 21st, 2011, 07:08 AM
KatieKat's Avatar TTC #1
You're so teeny! You're going to have a super cute baby bump

You must be finding it hard to get through the last few hours of work before your time off!

December 21st, 2011, 07:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieKat View Post
You must be finding it hard to get through the last few hours of work before your time off!
Ha! I'm just now leaving for work! It's only 7:30 here. I'm mainly going to be unpacking. We moved into a new building at the beginning of December, and I'm still not finished unpacking. I figured that was a good last day of work task.

December 21st, 2011, 07:55 AM
KatieKat's Avatar TTC #1
Oh, ha ha! You sure do get on JM bright and early It's 10:54 here - sometimes I forgot about us JM sisters being spread out across different time zones! Unpacking sounds like a perfect last-day task.

The weather here is bad so half of my office is empty - it's hard to motivate myself to work and not lurk around JM!

December 21st, 2011, 06:22 PM
5 weeks & 3 days

Today was my last day of work until January 3! And it couldn't have come soon enough.

My pregnancy symptoms in the past 24 hours have really exploded. I was so tired at work today that I could hardly keep my eyes open. Thank goodness I didn't have any meetings because I would have been worthless. I yawned in the middle of talking to my assistant, and it lasted about 20 seconds. She laughed at me and said that was the best yawn she had ever seen.

I'm also pretty nauseous off and on. I've been blaming it on my allergies, which have definitely been known to upset my stomach. However, it became pretty obvious today that it wasn't just allergies. I took my staff out for our Christmas lunch. I was scarfing down my food, and then all of the sudden I just couldn't eat it anymore. I held my napkin up to my mouth and BURPED! I thought I might throw up a little bit. Fortunately I didn't. It was strange, though.

When I got home, I took a nap. When I woke up, I teared up over the "Beauty and the Beast" commercial (the Disney cartoon). I'm still really tired, and my stomach is also still upset. However, I'll be glad to have the next 12 days off and not have to be around a bunch of people. I'm just hoping I feel well enough to make my big Christmas dinner!

December 22nd, 2011, 09:36 AM
Oh boy sounds like pregnancy symptoms are in full blown mode for you. I had to eat small snack type meals instead of big meals...which is hard when you are hungry...but it helped. I'm off all next week too and so looking forward to finally getting some things done around the house I've neglected since being prego.

I think being weepy is sooooo funny. I cry over Christmas and country music the worst. Forget the song "Christmas Shoes"....have to turn it every time. Good thing I don't listen to country music ever! hahaha

Hope your mild morning sickness gets better soon.

December 22nd, 2011, 12:17 PM
lilemma86's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
sounds like you are doing great!! jealous about your break wishing you a merry christmas!!

December 22nd, 2011, 06:26 PM
5 weeks & 4 days

It was the first day of my 12-day break! I went to Whole Foods and picked up most of the groceries I need for Christmas dinner. Then I did a little bit of laundry and straightened up around the house.

I'm so frustrated by my decreased appetite. I was in the mood for chicken noodle soup tonight because I'm getting a sore throat. I made some, but after a few bites into it, I just didn't want it anymore. I finished most of my bowl anyway, but it was totally unappetizing. My nausea comes and goes. Sometimes it's there when I haven't eaten anything, and other times it comes on after I've eaten (or in the middle of eating). I really shouldn't complain, though, because I know it's going to pick up a lot more before all is said and done.

I was watching a cheesy Christmas movie this afternoon, with my Christmas tree glowing and candles lit. I became overwhelmed with happiness because I started thinking about sharing future Christmases with our little one and creating our family traditions. I have so many wonderful childhood memories revolving around Christmas and other holidays, and now we'll get to create wonderful memories for our child.

Last edited by Mom2JDub; December 22nd, 2011 at 06:32 PM.
December 23rd, 2011, 09:22 AM
Awwww that is really super sweet. I'm excited for you....and me too haha.

The unpredictable nausea is frustrating. I'm now dealing with unpredictable indigestion.

I found this awesome link that shows what happens to our organs while pregnant....no wonder our tummies are unhappy haha.

Museum of Science and Industry | Exhibits | YOU! The Experience | The Exhibit | Your Beginning | Make Room for Baby | Make Room for Baby

December 23rd, 2011, 01:16 PM
Wow, that visual is pretty crazy. I'm going to show DH!

I'm constantly amazed by how much this little thing, which is currently the size of an apple seed is impacting my body. Obviously, at this stage, it's the hormones wreaking havoc. It's just such an awesome and miraculous process.

December 23rd, 2011, 07:54 PM
5 weeks & 5 days

I have nothing new to report today, other than being more bloated and having bigger and sorer BBs.

We went to breakfast this morning and a movie. We pretty much just vegged out the rest of the day, which was nice. DH's day off for Christmas was today instead of Monday, so we spent a nice day together.

Tomorrow I am going to make cinnamon rolls and a chocolate cream pie, and I'll do preparations for Christmas dinner. I hope I have the appetite to eat it all! I can't imagine not wanting a cinnamon roll or two.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search