Adrienne's Awesome Adventure to an August EDD

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree530Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 23rd, 2011, 08:42 PM
Tbaby's Avatar Super Mommy
Thanks for sharing with us. I'm happy to see your progress.

Thanks for my siggy Jaidynsmum

The JOY of the Lord is my STRENGTH! Nehemiah 8:10

December 24th, 2011, 06:27 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
5 weeks & 6 days

I've been falling asleep around 9pm every night. I just can't help it. This means, though, that I wake up around 5am. Some days I can fall back asleep, but not most. As a result, today was quite productive.

First thing this morning, I went to the grocery store to pick up just a few items. I did 6 loads of laundry throughout the day. I made a chocolate cream pie for dessert tomorrow, and I also made cinnamon rolls for our breakfast tomorrow morning. It oddly didn't take that much out of me, but I'm sure I'll be asleep on the couch by 9pm again.

I felt pretty good today, other than off-and-on nausea. However, I am so incredibly bloated! I take my 6-week belly pic tomorrow, and I have a feeling it's going to be an explosion compared to 5 weeks.

I heated up the tamales that my friend gave me for Christmas. They were so delicious and definitely didn't help with the bloat.

I'm now going to anxiously await tomorrow morning's phone calls (when our parents open their presents revealing our pregnancy)!

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.
December 25th, 2011, 06:45 PM
6 weeks

It's crazy to think that this will be our last Christmas without a little one (knock on wood). It was a wonderful day. I made cinnamon rolls yesterday, so we had those for breakfast. Then I leisurely started on our late lunch after watching Home Alone. It was a tasty meal, though I'm still disappointed that I don't have much of a sweet tooth. The chocolate cream pie I made looked delicious, but I just didn't want any of it.

All of our parents and my sisters now know that we're pregnant. Both sets of our parents are divorced, and they all live at least 1300 miles away from us. So we mailed them gifts revealing our pregnancy. They all actually waited to open them until Christmas!

My mom called first thing this morning. When I answered the phone, she said, "It's Grandma!"

Then my FIL called and said this was the "best Christmas ever."

My dad had spent the past three days with my sister and her family, so he didn't get home today until about 3pm. He called me and said, "Well, I'm sitting here with one of the best Christmas presents I've ever received."

And finally, just a few minutes after getting off the phone with my dad, my MIL called. She had been spending the past few weeks with my SIL, so she flew back home today. She opened the present as soon as she got home. As we suspected, she started screaming incoherently for the first minute or so. Then she calmed down a little bit, enough to get real words out.

Now I hope they can just keep it a secret until after our first trimester.

December 26th, 2011, 07:03 PM
6 weeks & 1 day

I was so happy to have today off... and the rest of the week! DH went back to work, though.

Normally, I do a little bit of day-after-Christmas shopping to at least buy Christmas cards for the next year. I didn't today, though, for a couple of reasons. First, I've been "fighting" a cold, and it was pretty bad this morning. And, second, I realized that next year, we'll want to send out Christmas cards with a picture of our new little one!

I also did some online "window" shopping for baby stuff, including a lot of research on best cribs, strollers, carriers, car seats, etc. It was fun, but kind of overwhelming.

I took an hour-long nap this afternoon. And I was less nauseous and had a bit more of an appetite, though this evening, I'm a little icky and not at all hungry. I guess all this stuff comes and goes.

I posted my 6-week pics. The bloat is definitely settling in.

December 27th, 2011, 08:43 PM
6 weeks & 2 days

Last night was rough. I have a stupid cold... again! And it makes sleeping pretty miserable. So I was tired all day, but I didn't take a nap. I went grocery shopping and dropped off the drycleaning, and then I did some chores around the house. I'm incredibly emotional today, including a crying episode this evening for no apparent reason. I guess I'll chalk it up to pregnancy hormones.

December 28th, 2011, 02:03 PM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
Just saw your 6 week pictures, I can definitely see the progression! I love seeing the baby bump! I hope you feel better soon! Have a Happy New Year!!!!
December 28th, 2011, 02:17 PM
Thanks, Nicholle. Yeah, it was crazy seeing that bump on Week 6. Honestly, though, it's really just bloat and food. I took it after a big Christmas meal. It's still fun to see it, though.

Happy new year to you too. You'll have to update us if you end up hosting the NYE party. We'll be taking it easy this year... just a romantic dinner at home. It's the first NYE I can remember in a very, very long time that we didn't have something planned.

December 28th, 2011, 04:28 PM
6 weeks & 3 days

I had more nausea today than in days past, but it got better by the afternoon. I made a really spicy black bean soup. Spicy foods have been the only thing that taste good to me. Everything else is bland. So I should be able to eat this soup for at least a couple of days. I'll probably make some jalapeno cornbread tomorrow to go along with it. I also discovered that club soda with lemon squeezed into it really helped with my upset stomach.

My bloating gets so bad as the day progresses. If I remember, I'm going to take a pic first thing in the morning and then another at the end of the night. There is such a big difference. By the end of the day, my belly looks like I'm already in the second trimester. TMI warning: It doesn't help that I'm constipated.

All that said, I am enjoying every single minute of it!

December 29th, 2011, 06:25 AM
JLock126's Avatar Expecting #1
Oh poor thing. Constipation is the pits. I started drinking a small glass of prune juice in the morning and it helped a lot. Drink lots of water.

Recently I've been having a lot of headaches and I was finally cleared to take Excedrin. I can't tell you how happy that makes me.

We had our 2nd trimester (16 week) OB visit and blood work. I had a terrible stomach virus that day thanks to my little niece (AND her MOTHER for bringing her sick to Christmas dinner). Needless to say I was very happy to have a vomit bag in my purse on the way home from the appointment.....it's been in my purse since week 6. Any way, the appt went really well. Heart rate at 140 and I didn't gain any weight over the last month...but I'm sure it's coming!

Hope you had a very Merry Christmas!!

December 29th, 2011, 07:16 AM
Drinking plenty of water is definitely not a problem for me. I can't get enough, no matter how much I drink. I have seriously been drinking at least a gallon of water per day! I was always a big water drinker, but this is ridiculous. I did notice yesterday, though, when I was feeling nauseous, that water was not appealing. I just made sure it was ice cold, and I could stomach it easier.

TMI - I've been less regular since I gave up caffeine in June. So I've gradually gotten used to it, but the irregularity has gotten worse since I got pregnant. It's manageable at this point, but we'll see how it goes as the pregnancy progresses.

So glad you and baby are doing well. I can't believe you'll be finding out the gender in just a couple of weeks, right?

December 29th, 2011, 12:35 PM
IndyMommyWannabe's Avatar Always Hoping & Praying
hey Adrienne! Just wanted to pop in...i've read through your journal and can just feel your excitement radiating through your journal posts! I am so beyond happy for you.

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!!!

IVF=ONLY option

October 2012 = Fresh IVF #1 - retrieved 8, 6 fertilized. Transfer 2. Fail.March 2013 = Frozen #1 - Transfer 2 of 4 left. Fail.
February 2014 = Frozen #2 - Transfer remaining 2 - IMPLANTATION!
8 weeks, D&C - blighted ovum - Triploidy

July 2014 = Fresh IVF #2!

"Sometimes the bad things that happen in our lives put us directly on the path to the best things that will ever happen to us!"

Come visit my blog/journal to learn more about our journey - Our Adventure through Infertility
December 29th, 2011, 12:41 PM
Thanks, Keri-Ann. I can't wait to see you get your much-deserved BFP!

December 29th, 2011, 12:58 PM
-Brandy-'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Adrienne, just wanted to tell you how enjoyable it is to read about your big adventure. So exciting and I can't wait to see that baby bump progress!

A BIG thank you to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!

December 29th, 2011, 01:04 PM
Ah, thanks Brandy. I just want to see all of you girls get BFPs too. I so hope that dip today is implantation for you.

December 29th, 2011, 06:22 PM
6 weeks & 4 days

Today I received the two prenatal exercise DVDs that I ordered, as well as my belly bands! I shouldn't need the belly bands for a while, but they will really come in handy when I start filling out a bit more. I'm going to try to wear my regular clothes as long as possible before purchasing maternity clothes, and the belly bands will hopefully help me wear my jeans and slacks longer.

I also purchased a new bra today, thanks to the Victoria's Secret semi-annual sale. My BBs have already increased from a large B-cup to a small C-cup. Just one of the perks.

I'd thought I'd post a couple of comparison pics to show how bloated I get as my day progresses. I generally start out with a pretty normal stomach, and the bloat just loads on as the day passes. So here is a belly pic from 8am and one from 4:30pm. Talk about bloat!

December 30th, 2011, 09:18 AM
-Brandy-'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by junie22 View Post
Ah, thanks Brandy. I just want to see all of you girls get BFPs too. I so hope that dip today is implantation for you.
Thanks Adrienne, I've got my fingers crossed!

And you weren't joking about the difference from morning to evening...crazy how much a couple hours changes things!

A BIG thank you to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!

December 30th, 2011, 05:52 PM
6 weeks & 5 days

I acquired a new symptom today: heartburn from hell. I think Tums are going to be my new best friend.

I took all of the Christmas decorations down today, and now I'm really tired. I'll probably fall asleep early on the couch again. I feel nauseous now and not at all like eating. I just don't think I'll be able to choke much more down than toast and maybe some blackberries. Fortunately, I did have a nice, hearty lunch. I guess I'm one of those pregnant women who gets m/s in the afternoon/evening.

I was excited to get a new book today: The Pregnancy Bible. When DH got home from work, we looked through a bit of it together. I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful husband; he is so excited to read the book. I'm not even 7 weeks along yet, and he's already treating me like a princess. I'm really looking forward to our three-day weekend together.

December 31st, 2011, 04:59 PM
6 weeks & 6 days

I'm tired and having bad mood swings today. I hate myself when I get like this, but I really can't help it. I'm just trying to notice before I say or do mean things. DH is so wonderful, the last thing I want to do is snap at him.

We went to a movie and a very late lunch today. And later this evening, I'm making us chocolate fondue with a bunch of dippers. We will greatly enjoy the indulgence. DH's new year's resolution is to lose weight, and I'm supporting that resolution. He says that he wants to be in good shape when he becomes a daddy. I always have self-control when it comes to desserts, but he doesn't. So I have agreed to not bake anything that stays in the house... after tonight.

Then I will probably fall asleep on the couch and ask DH to wake me up just before midnight.

Last edited by Mom2JDub; December 31st, 2011 at 05:03 PM.
December 31st, 2011, 07:39 PM
jojo2bee's Avatar Matthew's Mommy!
Glad to hear tings are going good and I just love the bump making progress! I am sooooo unbelievably happy for you and I can't wait to see that wonderful christmas bump grow!

January 1st, 2012, 07:50 AM
JoLina, you are so sweet. I can't wait to see a bump on you!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search