Adrienne's Awesome Adventure to an August EDD

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree530Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 1st, 2012, 01:51 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
7 weeks

I added Week 7 pics to the first post.

I had a major emotional breakdown this morning. Stupid hormones. That's been my biggest symptom the last few days. The smallest thing will either tick me off or make me cry.

I'm enjoying my last 1 1/2 days off from work because I know things will get crazy busy as soon as I go back into the office and will stay that way for the next 6 months. DH and I have just been vegging out all day, and I'm loving it.

January 1st, 2012, 03:29 PM
JLock126's Avatar Expecting #1
Hey Adrienne! Happy New Year!

We should find out the gender on 1/9!! So excited.

Hope you are enjoying your time off. I know we are.

January 2nd, 2012, 04:13 PM
7 weeks & 1 day

We had a ho-hum day, our last day off before going back to the grind. It will be a little difficult getting back into the routine of work, but I will be incredibly busy from first thing in the morning. It will actually be nice... if I can just get past my ridiculous tiredness every afternoon.

January 3rd, 2012, 05:18 AM
KatieKat's Avatar TTC #1
Hope your first day back goes well - and that the tiredness doesn't hit you too hard this afternoon!

~thanks to Jaidynsmum for my perfect siggy!~

January 3rd, 2012, 10:48 AM
ohfiddleheads's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Adrienne! Glad to see your pregnancy is going well so far. When we were in TTC#1 together I was always rooting for you to get a BFP. We're only a month apart! I feel for you and all those symptoms. I had the same problems with appetite and feeling sick when my stomach was empty. It's just really hard to eat consistently throughout the day when nothing tastes good anymore, lol. How have you been around meat? It's a common aversion and I've been having a hard time choking it down myself, but I try because protein is important.
As for bloating and constipation I FEEL YOUR PAIN! The bloating sometimes gets so bad it's just sharp cramps and pain. I've been burping a lot to say the least. I've been looking more pregnant than I should thanks to constipation. I had a day where my body just decided to have really bad cramping and let everything go and the next day my tummy was the flattest I had seen it since my BFP. It was crazy.

I don't know if you've scheduled an ultrasound yet, but as hard as it is to wait the payoff of actually seeing a baby versus a peanut is soooo rewarding. I just went for my first ultrasound a few days ago at 12 weeks and it was the best day EVER getting to see a face and and body with little fists and legs. I'm so excited for you to have your first ultrasound.

Have you thought about a fetal doppler to listen to your baby's heart beat? I just ordered on online the other day I'm anxiously awaiting its arrival. I cannot wait to actually hear it since I didn't get to at my ultrasound. Now I'm learning from other ladies who have them that you can hear other sounds too like hiccups and movement.

Hannah Elizabeth born June 30, 2012
via Cesarean due to breech presentation
7 lbs 15 oz, 20.5 in
January 3rd, 2012, 11:08 AM
Thanks for checking in, Jessica! I've actually stalked you a couple of times in the July DDC... belly pics and such.

The biggest thing I'm thankful for right now is no severe m/s. I've just been nauseous off and on and figured I would have it full-blown by now. I'm hoping I'm one of the lucky women who just feels nauseous and never actually heaves. My mom never threw up with her three pregnancies, which were all girls... and one pregnancy was twins (me... which the other twin was lost at 5 months). So maybe I'm just lucky like her.

Of course, I think I'm carrying a boy, and I've heard m/s kicks in later with boys. My little sister didn't get m/s until 8 weeks. So that's just around the corner for me. Who knows!

I could definitely do without the bloat and constipation, but it's totally worth it in the long run. It's just funny how some days I feel like I'm 12 weeks pregnant because of the bloat.

I've actually switched insurance and am going back to my old doctor on 1/10. I was pretty adamant about waiting to get a u/s until at least 8 weeks because I knew I would actually get to see at least a couple of features (brain, limb buds, etc.). I didn't want to be second-guessing everything if I had a 6-week u/s like so many women do.

My doctor is cool with doing the u/s at my 1/10 appointment... I'll be 8 weeks, 2 days. However, I really want DH to be there (and he wants to be there too), so I'm looking into scheduling it at a time that works for him to be there... so the u/s might be a little later. I'm so anxious to see/hear that little heartbeat!

I've thought about the doppler, but I probably won't buy one. It would be one more thing for me to obsess over/worry about. So, for now, I think I'll avoid it. However, that could very well change.

Glad that everything is going well with your pregnancy. I can't wait to see a bunch more of the TTC #1 girls get their BFPs!

January 3rd, 2012, 07:00 PM
7 weeks & 2 days

Today was my first day back to work in 12 days, and it was kind of rough. I had a restless night of sleep, so I was even more tired than usual. I was seriously ready for a nap at 1:30. I did make it, though. And now I think I'm going to fall asleep on the couch... at 7pm.

I got a really bad wave of nausea this afternoon, so I had to eat as soon as I got home. I feel better now, but I'm worried that my m/s is really going to kick into full gear. I hope I'm wrong.

I am also so freakin' bloated!

January 4th, 2012, 07:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hey Adrienne, just catching up with you. A lot of your symptoms sound just like what I've been going through! Loss of appetite and nothing sounds good, it sucks! I love to eat! Because of that, I haven't gained a single pound. I've actually lost about 2lbs. I probably lost more "regular" weight, but gained some "baby" weight. Who knows, but it's weird. I also had severe bloating around 12-13 weeks. So bad, I called the doc and they had me come in. I would be in so much pain by the end of the day, I was in tears. So keep an eye on it, they'll want to make sure it's not a gall bladder issue. Mine wasn't and the doc told me to take some Pepcid and it worked. And I also have nauseous days (like yesterday) where even water doesn't taste good, and I'm a water lover!

Otherwise, everything sounds great for you! Oh and I also had the perk of going from a B cup to a C cup! ooo la la!

January 4th, 2012, 07:52 AM
nina9809's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So happy for you! Great to see your belly progression pictures - you are gorgeous! :-)

Thank you Kiliki... for my amazing siggie!
January 4th, 2012, 08:43 AM
Thanks for popping in, Tressa and Nina.

January 4th, 2012, 07:18 PM
7 weeks & 3 days

I switched insurance in January, which means I switched medical groups as well. I've been really looking forward to the switch because I did not like my former network... especially for pregnancy. However, it's bad timing to switch doctors and networks more than halfway through the first trimester. It couldn't be avoided though.

So I made the first appointment I could get with my GP, 1/10. However, I knew that a referral and u/s would be in store, so I dropped her a note asking what I should do ahead of our appointment... if we could get that ball rolling, etc.

I heard back from her nurse today, who immediately said she was processing the referral to an OBGYN. I already had my preference, so I called today to see about getting an appointment. I'm only 7 1/2 weeks, so I was hoping to see my preferred OB in the next 1 1/2 weeks or so.

Well, the booking lady of course asked my LMP, and when I told her November 5, she freaked out, like "You're calling so late. We really have to rush this. Dr. Lin is our busiest doctor, and she has to see a patient for the first time no later than 10 weeks. And you're already 9 weeks." Uh, no I'm not. I ovulate late, and I'm only 7 weeks, 3 days! But they go by LMP, so there's no arguing with her. I should have just lied about it, but that didn't feel right.

So my preferred doctor had no availability in the next two weeks, but another doctor did. I'm sure she'll be fine, as it's an excellent practice. But I'm just annoyed that the appointment lady made me feel like I'd done something wrong by scheduling so late when I had no other option. She did ease up when I told her I'd already had my pregnancy confirmed and bloodwork, etc. But I'm NOT 9 weeks!

The good news is that I have my next five appointments scheduled, I can always switch to my preferred doctor after the initial appointment and u/s, and I finally get to see my bean next Thursday. And since I'll be 8 1/2 weeks by then, it will look like more than just a bean!

January 5th, 2012, 12:04 PM
That's exciting news about your first U/S and possibly hearing the heartbeat. Awww I'm so excited for you.

News on my front...our little one is moving around like a butterfly. It feels amazing.

January 5th, 2012, 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLock126 View Post
News on my front...our little one is moving around like a butterfly. It feels amazing.
OMG, that is so exciting! And you'll know the gender in less than a week!

January 5th, 2012, 01:32 PM
7 weeks & 4 days

I had a dream last night that we went in for my ultrasound and saw twins!

I guess it's been on my mind because we have fraternal twins on both sides of the family, and I was supposed to have a fraternal twin (but my mom miscarried the other at 5 months). I was looking at my ridiculously bloated belly just before bed, and I guess it got in my head that it could be twins.

I don't actually think I'm having twins because my beta levels were just in the average singleton range. And I don't have really bad m/s, which I've heard women carrying twins get. But then my mom tells me that she never threw up with any of her pregnancies, even the twin pregnancy.

Twins wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, but we certainly haven't planned for that. I'm sure I'm just carrying one, but that dream weirded me out. I guess we'll find out in a week!

January 6th, 2012, 07:14 AM
Good luck Adrienne. My hubby would tease he wanted twins and I would always protest. I'm glad there is only one in my belly but I guess it would have been nice to knock it out in one shot.

January 6th, 2012, 08:43 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
How's the nausea?

I found these great little cookies that are called "Ginger Thins". They are sort of like gingersnap cookies, but uber thin, and really tasty. They were hard to find, but I think I finally found them at Vons. They work wonders!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
January 6th, 2012, 08:48 AM
Thanks for the tip, Karin. My nausea is actually okay. It comes in waves, usually worse in the late afternoon/evening. It's honestly not been that bad, though. Certainly nothing that merits wanting to throw up. My mom told me that she never threw up with any of her pregnancies and really didn't have m/s very badly. So perhaps I'm just a lucky one. Either that, or I'll be like my sister who didn't get it until Week 8. Time will tell...

I'll have to check out those cookies, though, because I love ginger cookies anyway.

January 6th, 2012, 09:42 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Yep, I got them originally when I got my BFP this summer, but unfortunately never had to "use" them to remedy any m/s. However, I also love ginger cookies, so they were never bad to have as a little treat

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
January 6th, 2012, 04:05 PM
7 weeks & 5 days

I had a LPD before I got pregnant, so I started taking B6 to address it. I've been taking it for five months now. When I got pregnant, I kept it up, though I've gradually cut it down from 100mg daily to 50mg daily. I figured I'd keep up the regimen since so many doctors recommend it to help curb m/s.

Well, I haven't had m/s very badly. I've gotten nauseous off and on for the past 2 weeks, but nothing to make me throw up or feel terribly uncomfortable. I have noticed, though, that I get a wave of nausea every afternoon that is worse than any other time of day. It's the closest I ever feel to maybe throwing up, but I never do.

It just dawned on me that I always take my B6 in the afternoon. And right around the time I would take it, whether I have a fuller or emptier stomach, the nausea rolls in. I feel crummy for those couple of hours more than any other time of the day.

I wonder if the B6 really is curbing my m/s a lot. I always start feeling better around the time I leave work, maybe giving the B6 time to kick in again. I don't want to stop taking it until well into my second trimester if it's actually been the reason I haven't been too ill.

Other than that Aha! moment, my BBs are still very sore to the touch, and my nipples are so incredibly itchy! It's a Catch-22 because I want to rub/scratch them, but that hurts.

I'm also the only one in my office today, and I'm wearing jeans on casual Friday. I've had them unbuttoned all day. My dress slacks have been fine, but I may need to retire these jeans. I haven't gained any weight, but this belly bloat is ridiculous!

January 7th, 2012, 06:43 PM
7 weeks & 6 days

I did a lot of housework today, but I otherwise took it easy. I stayed up later than usual last night, so I actually slept in until almost 7:30 this morning. That's the first time I've done that in weeks! So sad.

There's nothing new going on today, but I've been getting periodic uterus cramping when I sit in the same position for too long or suddenly move in another direction. Some days I don't notice it at all, but it was obvious today. I guess it's because I was moving around so much, interspersed with lounging around.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search