Adrienne's Awesome Adventure to an August EDD

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree530Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 8th, 2012, 01:54 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
8 weeks

I added 8-week pics to the first post.

I'm feeling good today, other than being really tired. The Santa Ana winds kicked in right before bed last night, and they were relentless until about 8 o'clock this morning. So neither of us slept very well. I think I could use a nap this afternoon.

I went grocery shopping today, did a little bit of cleaning, made wonderful salads for lunch, and I'm making fried rice for dinner. I rather enjoy lazy Sundays.

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.
January 8th, 2012, 03:52 PM
jojo2bee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love the little bump coming along! and I understand the not sleeping very well! expecially whenit's really windy like that that! I never sleep well when it's like that

January 9th, 2012, 12:43 PM
JLock126's Avatar Expecting #1
Your 8 week pics are cute! You are going to be all baby.

January 9th, 2012, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLock126 View Post
Your 8 week pics are cute! You are going to be all baby.
I can't wait to have a legit baby bump!

January 9th, 2012, 03:39 PM
It's coming along very nice!

January 9th, 2012, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo2bee View Post
It's coming along very nice!
Yes, but it's really just food, bloat, and gas at this point!

January 9th, 2012, 07:21 PM
8 weeks & 1 day

This constipation is getting out of control! I am so glad I see my OB on Thursday because I have to figure out what I can do to remedy it. I get a lot of fiber, eat plenty of fruit, and I drink tons of water. Yet, I just cannot get regular. And it's starting to get very uncomfortable. My bump is nothing but a food baby, and I hate it!

I've heard that Colace is fine to take, so I'm going to confirm that with my OB. In the meantime, I'm actually going to buy prune juice and drink a glass every morning.

Otherwise, I feel really good. It's kind of freaking me out that I don't have bad m/s. I've had pretty constant queasiness for the past 3 weeks, but it's just not escalated to anything more. I guess I'm a lucky one. I do feel pregnant in every other conceivable way. Perhaps the extent of my m/s is just queasiness. That would be pretty sweet.

January 10th, 2012, 07:59 AM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
colace is awesome and totally safe! Sorry to hear you're having tummy issues though!

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
January 10th, 2012, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jensma View Post
colace is awesome and totally safe! Sorry to hear you're having tummy issues though!
Good to know. Thanks.

January 10th, 2012, 06:23 PM
8 weeks & 2 days

I am so incredibly tired today. I think it's because I was so focused at work today. And tomorrow is going to be exactly the same. I'm sure I will fall asleep early tonight... as if I don't every night.

I'm also feeling more nauseous this evening than I have in a while. I actually felt pretty darn good all day (except for constipation), but a wave of nausea hit me as soon as I got home from work. I guess I need to find something to eat, since I don't at all feel like cooking.

Blah... that is all.

January 11th, 2012, 07:52 AM
rmarie9509's Avatar Liam's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to rmarie9509 Send a message via Skype™ to rmarie9509
So for me 2 truths
1. MS was always worse when I was tired
2. Nothing helped the constipation and it hasnt gone away yet

Sorry thats not better news lol but I just dont want you to be worried or wonder if you are the only one. And hopefully you will find some relief but I never did.

January 11th, 2012, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmarie9509 View Post
So for me 2 truths
1. MS was always worse when I was tired
2. Nothing helped the constipation and it hasnt gone away yet
This is what I'm worried about! I asked about it to the BTDT moms in my DDC, and they all say, get fiber, eat lots of fruit, drink plenty of water. I already do ALL of that. I've always done all of that. I will be completely waterlogged if I drink anymore water. So I'm kind of at my wits' end.

I'm actually going to try prune juice for the first time this evening. I ate two bowls of Fiber One this morning and even had a single shot of espresso (a major no-no for me), and I haven't had any movement yet! I'm starting to look like I'm four months pregnant already. I have two meetings today, and people at work don't know I'm pregnant yet. I wore a shirt that kind of covers my over-hanging belly. I just hope no one notices because I can't suck it in for 2 hours straight.

I've been told to try milk of magnesia before I try stool softeners. We shall see.

Last edited by Mom2JDub; January 11th, 2012 at 09:03 AM.
January 11th, 2012, 07:47 PM
8 weeks & 3 days

I puked for the first time this evening. I thought I was going to get through this pregnancy incredibly lucky to only be queasy, but that has changed. I ate some cheese and crackers and do feel better now, but still pretty queasy. I hope the actual act of throwing up was a one-time thing.

I go in for my u/s tomorrow. I'm really excited but also incredibly anxious. Maybe that's why I threw up.

January 12th, 2012, 04:27 AM
DaniM0820's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry the m/s came, but yay for the ultrasound!! I cannot wait to see your little baby!!!

January 12th, 2012, 02:54 PM
OH no! Sorry the m/s has showed up! but hopefully this will be the only spout of it and it's just the nerves!!!! Can't wait to hear about the u/s and hopefully see pics!!!!

January 12th, 2012, 04:40 PM
8 weeks & 4 days

So I went in for my first appointment with the new OB this morning. She was incredibly personable, and I think I'm really going to like her. Everyone I encountered, from the receptionist to the nurse to the doctor to the ultrasound technician were very nice. So that has me feeling good. She performed a pap and is requiring a full pregnancy blood panel again, even though I had them with my last pregnancy that ended in October. That's okay, though. I don't mind, as long as I end up with a healthy baby in the end.

I returned to work after my OB appointment, and then had to go back for my ultrasound. William joined me there. And instantly, the tech zeroed in on our little nugget. It's measuring exactly where I thought I was - 8 weeks & 4 days. So I still have the EDD of 8/19. The heart rate was a strong 162. It looked like a little flash of lightning in its chest. And the best part of the ultrasound was seeing its right arm wave at us. We're already both so in love. I'm still smiling from ear to ear.

Without further ado... introducing our little one. (The head is on the right.) Of course, these still shots don't do justice to what we actually saw.

Last edited by Mom2JDub; January 13th, 2012 at 11:38 AM.
January 12th, 2012, 06:48 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so glad you like the new doctor and had such a great experience! That's amazing that the little nugget is measuring right on, too! I'm so happy for you that this is working out so well!

January 13th, 2012, 10:44 AM
lilemma86's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
AWWW i am so glad it went well and the pics are great!

January 13th, 2012, 01:53 PM
8 weeks & 5 days

My m/s has really kicked into full gear the past couple of days. No throwing up, but pretty yucky. It's so strange, though, that I want spicy food to curb it. You'd think it would be bland food, but that's not doing anything to help. So I had a green chile tamale for lunch, and my tummy ache has definitely subsided.

I'm still on after seeing our little nugget yesterday. I just want to tell the world, but I'm refraining. I did give my parents permission to tell extended family, though. I had to head-off those who are friends on Facebook and tell them already so they wouldn't post anything on my wall. I don't want to be "outed" before I'm ready.

I didn't sleep well last night, so I'm totally exhausted today. I have a three-day weekend (thanks to MLK), but I have to bring work home with me. That's okay, though. At least I can work in my PJs.

January 14th, 2012, 08:35 PM
8 weeks & 6 days

I ran errands today and did laundry. I tried to take a nap in the afternoon, but I couldn't. Then we met a couple of good friends for dinner at one of our favorite places.

Since Wednesday evening, I can definitely say that I have m/s and not just nausea. It's been worse at times, but I am managing it fairly well.

That's it for today, as I am tired and ready to fall asleep on the couch while DH watches a movie.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search