Adrienne's Awesome Adventure to an August EDD

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree530Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 15th, 2012, 02:53 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
9 weeks

I added my Week 9 pics to the first post.

I love hitting the weekly milestones. And my pregnancy has now progressed from an embryo to a fetus!

DH twisted my arm into going to brunch today. It was rather decadent, and I ended up coming home with a piece of boysenberry pie to boot! I haven't been that interested in sweets lately, but I've really fancied fruit. I saw someone else order the boysenberry pie, and I just had to have a slice. Of course, I'm so stuffed from brunch that I don't feel like I want to eat again for the rest of the day.

Now I have to get some work done. I'll also work a bit tomorrow. I just really need to complete a couple of benchmarks before I head back to the office on Tuesday. It's so nice to have the TV on while I work, though. And I'm also in my PJs, curled up in a blanket. Way better than a skirt and heels, sitting up straight at my desk, with fluorescent lights slowly sucking my will to live. Okay, so maybe I'm being a tad dramatic.

Last edited by Mom2JDub; January 15th, 2012 at 03:29 PM.
January 16th, 2012, 01:57 PM
9 weeks & 1 day

I had my new pregnancy and NT screening orientation this morning. I'm really disappointed that I couldn't get an NT scan appointment for 4pm. That's the only way that DH would be able to go. The woman ahead of me scheduled the 4pm, so I got stuck with 2pm. I'm really bummed about this. I had hoped DH would get to experience all of these appointments with me. It's not even nervousness about the appointment or anything like that. I just saw his eyes during our first u/s, and I'm just so sad that he won't be able to see baby during the 12-week scan.

On a very positive note, I'm even more excited about delivery in this hospital now. I knew it was a great hospital. It's the whole reason I switched insurance and networks in January. However, I learned today that all of the rooms are private. My former network did not have this option. DH and I are going to take a tour a little later on.

And the hospital is labeled a "baby-friendly" hospital (only 5% of hospitals in the country have this UNICEF/WHO designation). This basically means that they are very serious about breastfeeding. They do everything they can to help new moms breastfeed and only resort to bottle feeding or formula if medically necessary. I'm really excited about this because I know they will help baby and me be successful with breastfeeding instead of just giving up and going the route of least resistance. Everyone on the staff is trained in providing breastfeeding support, so it's truly a priority for them. Even better, once we leave the hospital, they continue to offer free lactation consultations for struggling mothers.

January 16th, 2012, 02:59 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That sounds great, Adrienne!

January 16th, 2012, 06:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Adrienne...you're pictures are gorgeous! I can't wait to see your progression throughout your pregnancy.

I'm sorry you couldn't get your NT scan appointment for when DH gets to go; hopefully he won't have to miss anymore. At least you feel really good about your doctor and hosptial; I think that is very important part of the process.

Forever missing my angel 2010

January 16th, 2012, 07:02 PM
Thanks, Dawn.

DH is already talking about seeing what he can do to make it to the NT scan. He really wants to be there, but it's difficult for him to get away from work early. I'm hoping he can work something out.

January 17th, 2012, 11:47 AM
dri2011's Avatar Tired of Practicing
I second that your pictures are gorgeous!!! I can't wait to see your belly grow!!! As usual your journal brings a smile to my face. I'm so very happy for you and glad that you continued to share your journey. *smooches*

*Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!*

January 17th, 2012, 12:05 PM
Ah, thanks, Dri! I can't wait to see you get your BFP too.

January 17th, 2012, 06:50 PM
9 weeks & 2 days

Today was a particularly grumpy day. I'm bloated, constipated, nauseous, exhausted, and just in no mood to be around anyone. I hope I get through this phase sooner rather than later because I hate being in a pissy mood.

I also drank prune juice this morning. It was nasty, and it didn't do much to help with my constipation problem. I *might* continue to drink it for the rest of the week, since I spent $5 on six tiny cans. Maybe once I get it in my system, it will start working. Otherwise, I'm moving on to stool softeners.

In good news, I'll be seeing my little nugget again in just three weeks. Of course, I start to question our decision to go through with the NT scan. I do think it is for the best, but it makes me nervous.

January 17th, 2012, 07:19 PM
Super Mommy
Aww your belly is starting to poke out . So excited for you.

The JOY of the Lord is my STRENGTH! Nehemiah 8:10

January 17th, 2012, 07:46 PM
IndyMommyWannabe's Avatar Always Hoping & Praying
I haven't stalked your journal here for a while! just wanted to say YAY for the ultrasound pics!

IVF=ONLY option

October 2012 = Fresh IVF #1 - retrieved 8, 6 fertilized. Transfer 2. Fail.March 2013 = Frozen #1 - Transfer 2 of 4 left. Fail.
February 2014 = Frozen #2 - Transfer remaining 2 - IMPLANTATION!
8 weeks, D&C - blighted ovum - Triploidy

July 2014 = Fresh IVF #2!

"Sometimes the bad things that happen in our lives put us directly on the path to the best things that will ever happen to us!"

Come visit my blog/journal to learn more about our journey - Our Adventure through Infertility
January 18th, 2012, 06:55 AM
Sorry you're feeling grumpy. I hope you get out of your funk soon!

Good luck with the NT scan! I'm sure it'll be fine, and if they think they find something, remember that they are overly cautious and everything will probably be just fine.

January 18th, 2012, 07:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That does not sound like fun...sorry. Was DH able to get something worked out with work so he can make the NT scan?

As for your issue try baking apples and eating baked apples and add cinnamon to them. It's very tastey and is supposed to help. Also, try to walk a little bit everyday if you don't already .

Forever missing my angel 2010

January 18th, 2012, 08:04 PM
Dawn - I'll have to try out the apples. I eat an apple several days a week, and I also heard that drinking apple juice every morning is helpful. I've also heard kiwi fruit is the best. So I'll keep trying all these different things and hope one works.

9 weeks & 3 days

I worked from home today, which was nice. I had so much to get done on a proposal, and I have so many distractions while I'm in the office. So I really powered through a ton of work today.

I had a pretty good day with pregnancy symptoms, which was a relief. Perhaps the worst of my m/s is gone. At least, a girl can dream.

Last edited by Mom2JDub; January 18th, 2012 at 08:07 PM.
January 19th, 2012, 06:30 PM
9 weeks & 4 days

I'm almost certain that I will need to announce my pregnancy at work a couple of weeks sooner than I wanted to. I tried on three different blouses this morning until I settled on one that didn't show my belly too much. However, two women still looked directly at my stomach today and then awkwardly looked away.

I had planned on waiting to say anything until at least 2/8, which would be the day after my 12-week u/s. I just don't think that's going to be possible, though. I would rather "out" myself than have people whispering and speculating about it. I'm still going to play it by ear, but I might just go ahead and announce on Wednesday, 2 weeks earlier than I had planned.

January 19th, 2012, 06:42 PM
I can't believe you're at that point already! How are you feeling?

January 20th, 2012, 09:40 AM
I can hardly believe I'm at that point already! I feel like I'm all belly and boobs. I never imagined my belly would start showing this early, but I guess it's because I have a small frame. This is the one time in my life that I wish I was 20 pounds heavier, so I could conceal things a little more easily.

I've decided that I'm still going to wait, and just let people whisper and speculate. I don't think anyone will have the nerve to actually say something to my face. If they do, I won't lie. But I think I can try to lay low for a couple more weeks.

I'm feeling pretty good. I was kind of a late bloomer with the m/s. I was queasy from 5 1/2 weeks onward, but the urge to throw up kicked in at about 8 1/2 weeks. I have good days and bad days. However, it's really not been bad compared to a lot of women. So I will definitely not complain.

My biggest issue right now is constipation, which I'm hoping will pass as I move into the second trimester.

January 20th, 2012, 12:53 PM
ohfiddleheads's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Those are great ultrasound pics! I was so excited for my 12 week ultrasound and then nervous as all get out when I was in the waiting room. I had no idea of my baby was alive since I was worried I would have the same genetic thing my mom had that caused her to have multiple missed miscarriages. I was so afraid the same would happen to me. But the tech found the babe right away and all my fears went right out the window like this great purge of worry. When DH came into the room to have a look I was grinning from ear to ear. It kind of made my face hurt.

If you believe in the HB gender prediction, 162 says boy. I'm sort of right in the middle, but technically mine says girl. However, I have a hunch I'm having a boy. Do you have any hunches yet?

Hannah Elizabeth born June 30, 2012
via Cesarean due to breech presentation
7 lbs 15 oz, 20.5 in
January 20th, 2012, 01:49 PM
I think most people are pretty sensitive to that since everyone hates to be the one who asks and then it turns out the person isn't pregnant! I wouldn't be surprised if you start getting roundabout questions, though.

I"m glad that you're feeling good overall. Was William able to get the time off for your next ultrasound?

January 20th, 2012, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohfiddleheads View Post
If you believe in the HB gender prediction, 162 says boy. I'm sort of right in the middle, but technically mine says girl. However, I have a hunch I'm having a boy. Do you have any hunches yet?
I just kind of thought from the beginning that I was having a boy, though DH was adamant it was a girl.

When I told my sister that the baby's heart rate was 162 at 8 1/2 weeks, she instantly said, that's a girl!
Both of her daughters were right around 160 at that stage of pregnancy. However, I have a friend who instantly said, that's a boy!

Who knows! I have conflicting signs on all the gender predictors. I'm going to do the red cabbage and baking soda test on Sunday, when I'll be 10 weeks.

We honestly don't care either way, and I don't have a big intuition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belita View Post
I"m glad that you're feeling good overall. Was William able to get the time off for your next ultrasound?
Yes, he'll be coming with me.

January 21st, 2012, 08:34 AM
martinchic's Avatar TTC # 1
I love reading you journal Adrienne! Makes me all the more crazy for my BFP!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search