Adrienne's Awesome Adventure to an August EDD

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree530Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 12th, 2011, 01:59 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
First off, anyone who wants to read my TTC journal, just click here.

I started a pregnancy journal once before, when I had an EDD of 6/8/12. I had an early loss on 10/4/11. I got pregnant on just our third cycle of TTC. However, due to my luteal phase defect, I believe the egg could not implant properly. Since I discovered my LPD, I've been taking 100mg of B6 on top of my prenatal vitamin, and it's helped tremendously. We decided to try again right away. We were not successful on our fourth cycle. But I'm back here on my fifth cycle, hopefully with a super-sticky bean this time around. My EDD is 8/19/12.

Weekly update - Jackson is here! He was born on 8/9 at 7:51am, ten days early. He weighed in at 6 pounds & 10 ounces and 19.5 inches long. His birth was the most amazing experience of my life. We are so in love with him.

Belly Pics

39 Weeks

Weeks 4-38

cincy1luv likes this.

Last edited by Mom2JDub; August 23rd, 2012 at 06:26 PM.
December 13th, 2011, 05:12 AM
I had to move my u/s pics to this post because I had too many images in the first post.

Ultrasound Pics

24 Weeks & 1 Day

18 Weeks & 2 Days

12 Weeks & 2 Days

8 Weeks & 4 Days

This cycle, DH and I decided to take it easier. I temped only until I confirmed O, then I stopped. On 3 DPO, DH and I went on a belated five-year anniversary trip to Maui. While there, I just felt like I was pregnant. I was incredibly fatigued, had a terrible acne breakout on my chest, and got really irritable from 5-7 DPO. Since I had such a strong feeling, I decided to test early on 12/6 at 9 DPO. And, lo and behold, I got a faint positive on a Wondfo and an EPT.

The next day, I tested with 3 different brands to faint positives, so I decided to call my doctor right away. She got me in to see her at just 11 DPO, and my beta and progesterone came back looking good for that stage of pregnancy: 27 beta hCG and 17.2 progesterone. I went in for my second beta at 18 DPO, and my beta hCG was 478. According to The BetaBase, I'm trending just a little ahead of average, and doubling every 40.5 hours.

Here are some of my BFP pics. I tested for the first time on 9 DPO, and I got faint positives on Wondfo and EPT in the morning and FRER in the evening. You may see the rest of my HPT pics here (Positive HPTs from 9-19 DPO).

9 DPO - Wondfo, EPT & FRER

10 DPO - Wondfo

11 DPO - Clear Blue Digital

12 DPO - FRER

15 DPO - FRER

17 DPO - FRER

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.

Last edited by Mom2JDub; July 2nd, 2012 at 07:54 PM.
December 13th, 2011, 05:03 PM
jojo2bee's Avatar Matthew's Mommy!
yay I'm so glad to hear things are going great and I can't wait to see the pics!

December 14th, 2011, 05:37 AM
KatieKat's Avatar TTC #1
I'm still so happy for you Hoping for a super sticky bean! Looking forward to continuing to stalk you in another way

~thanks to Jaidynsmum for my perfect siggy!~

December 14th, 2011, 09:54 AM
4 weeks & 3 days

I go in for my second beta draw tomorrow. I was feeling pretty nervous even yesterday, but I'm more relaxed today. I can't help myself and have been testing every day. At least it's just once a day now. And my line this morning, at 17 DPO, was looking really good. So I'm hoping hard that my numbers are doubling as they should and this will be a healthy pregnancy.

I don't have too much in the way of symptoms yet. My breasts are really sore, I'm way more tired than usual, I get grumpy from time to time, and I can't seem to drink enough water. Other than that, I feel great. I know that will change eventually, so I'm going to enjoy every day without morning sickness.

I hope to have my blood results back by Friday evening, and we'll move forward from there.

Last edited by Mom2JDub; December 15th, 2011 at 10:34 AM.
December 14th, 2011, 10:47 AM
~Momma*2011~'s Avatar I love my little girl!!
So happy for you. I really hope that this is your sticky bean.. can't wait to hear you numbers and see your pictures!!

December 14th, 2011, 11:06 AM
jojo2bee's Avatar Matthew's Mommy!
yay! great news and defentaly enjoy the days before the morning sickness comes! but hopefully it never will! Can't wait to see the pictures and hear the good news that will come from your second beta!

December 14th, 2011, 07:08 PM
TKbunny's Avatar Elias's slave..err..Mommy
YAY!! Your tests look great! My FRER never got darker even though I took one as late as 19 DPO, go figure. Oh well, glad yours are darker so you have some reassurance. I know your betas will come back way high this time I'm so glad you got your BFP GL tomorrow, you'll do great!

December 15th, 2011, 06:30 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so happy for you that your lines are getting darker! Good luck with your blood draw today!

December 15th, 2011, 09:18 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
December 15th, 2011, 10:42 AM
4 weeks & 4 days

This is the day I started miscarrying last pregnancy. And I'm so happy to say that I feel wonderful today.

I picked up the lab order from my doctor's office this morning, and I'm heading to the lab after lunch for my beta. I should have the results by tomorrow evening. I honestly think they are going to be just fine.

I've been going back and forth about whether I want to ask for an ultrasound during my 6th week, which will be right before the new year, or if I should wait until my 8th week. I switch insurance in January, and I will be going back to my old network and wonderful doctor. I'm really excited to be making the switch, but she can't see me until January 10th. So that would mean my ultrasound would be around 8 1/2 weeks.

At first, I wanted to see the bean as soon as possible, but the more I've thought about it, the more I think I should wait. I will be able to see so much more at 8 1/2 weeks. If my #s look good tomorrow and I feel fine, I think I'm just going to wait it out.

I am so tired today and could really use some caffeine. Our power went out last night at about 1:30 in the morning, which woke us up because our surge protector went crazy. The power came back on, and we went back to sleep. Then it went out again around 3am! DH gets up at 4am to leave for work, so it was an absolutely terrible night's sleep. I guarantee I'll wipe out early tonight, if I don't crawl under my desk today to take a nap.

December 16th, 2011, 07:28 AM
lilemma86's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so happy for you!! I will be stalking your pregnancy journal! Hope yall have a Merry Christmas and a very happy new year!!
December 16th, 2011, 09:05 AM
Ah, thanks! You have a wonderful time too. And I look forward to stalking your pregnancy journal one of these days soon.

December 16th, 2011, 12:30 PM
JLock126's Avatar Expecting #1
Yay!!! So happy to hear you are feeling good about this pregnancy. I got my first ultrasound at 7 weeks and it was beautiful! Good luck and congrats.

December 16th, 2011, 01:33 PM
Did you get your results yet? I'm glad you're feeling so great about this pregnancy!

December 16th, 2011, 01:38 PM
No results yet... should be in a few more hours. I have to call and leave a message at the doctor's office. I'll be calling at 3pm (Pacific), and then she'll most likely call me back by 5-6pm.

I think they're going to look good, but I'm really anxious!

December 16th, 2011, 01:59 PM
I bet! I forget that you're on the west coast. It's so annoying that they don't call until the end of the day! I understand why, but it's anxiety-inducing!

December 16th, 2011, 03:42 PM
4 weeks & 5 days

I called my doctor's office at 3pm, and I got the answering service. Apparently they closed at noon today, but no one told me. So I have to wait until Monday for my results!

If they would have mentioned this to me, I would have gone in for my second beta on Wednesday instead of Thursday. And I know my doctor won't call until end of business Monday, so I still have about 75 hours to go until I know where I stand.

I thought I had POAS'd for the last time this morning, but I know I'm going to buy another pack of FRERs. It's the only thing that will keep me sane until I hear the results. I honestly believe that everything is going to be fine, but I'm just livid that they made me wait.

In good news, I had my monthly lunch with my mentee today. My college is in a consortium with five other colleges, and we have a joint mentoring program. My mentee wants to advance in higher education administration, and she really wants to pursue my niche of work. She is such a sweetheart, and I really enjoy our lunches.

And she gave me a pound of See's candy! I've already had three pieces this afternoon.

December 16th, 2011, 04:33 PM
I loved See's when I was out in San Diego! We don't have that out here. A kiosk or two at Christmas time but that's it.

That stinks you have to wait so long. I don't blame you for wanting to pick up more tests. I'm sure everything is fine, but I completely understand the compulsion.

Do you have much going on this weekend to keep you busy?

December 16th, 2011, 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belita View Post
Do you have much going on this weekend to keep you busy?
Grocery shopping in the morning, and then we'll probably go to a movie in the afternoon. On Sunday, I'm doing a bunch of baking - different types of Christmas cookies and probably some gingerbread and/or pumpkin bread. And we always watch football. I'll definitely have things to occupy my mind, but it doesn't make me any less perturbed.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search