Belita's Best Christmas Present Ever!!!! Aka: Baby Love Bug

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 16th, 2011, 01:54 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
3 weeks 6 days (depending on which DD calculator I use and I'm using FF right now)

Having a TTC journal helped me so much, I'm hoping that a pregnancy journal will help me just as much.

I'm still in shock and awe that DH and I conceived so quickly! I had hoped to conceive this month, but I never truly believed we would conceive and get pregnant in our first month of trying. That's just crazy! But good crazy.

I just had a feeling I was pregnant from immediately after BDing on the day I ovulated. I'm not sure if those are the spermies that caught the eggie, but I just felt...different. All my doubts and fears about our chances of getting pregnant just went away. I had my pre-conception appointment on December 5th and my doctor thought I was being overly cautious acting as though I was pregnant at the time, but I just couldn't do otherwise when I had such a strong feeling that I was.

All that was confirmed yesterday! I had been feeling very dizzy and tired on Wednesday. So dizzy and tired that at 2:15 I asked for my boss and said I didn't know if I could present the PD I was supposed to do. She called it off and the nurse walked me to my car since we couldn't get a hold of my husband and I managed to get a doctors appointment for 3:30. My husband has now given me another number to get a hold of him at work, but at that point I didn't have it. He called me as I was just about to head out to the doctor.

The doctor reluctantly tested me for pregnancy because I was 11 DPO and he thought it was too soon for me to show as positive. I did show as negative on a urine test, but he decided to order blood work for thyroid disease and lyme disease, as well as Vitamin D. He ended up adding the HCG test at the end because I was so adamant that I could possibly be pregnant and I told him I had seen an implantation dip the day before. He prepared me for a negative blood test, though.

I was supposed to get the results yesterday morning, but I didn't get the results until 5pm! The doctor's assistant called to tell me that all the blood work came back normal. Oh, by the way, my HCG test came back positive and that explained all my symptoms!! I was so happy and amazed that I forgot to ask for my HCG count. I called back today and left a voice mail asking for the HCG number.

I also made all the phone calls to an OB/GYN, our health insurance, and the HR company at work to find out the proper information and forms I need. I have my first prenatal appointment next week on December 22nd! It's just an opportunity for a blood draw and a Q&A, but I'm so glad I get to meet the doctor so soon. My friend wasn't going to get seen until she was 12 weeks except they were afraid she was having an ectopic pregnancy! I'm hoping this means I'll get to be on the early side of ultrasounds, too.

Today I started to notice a bit of nausea if I didn't eat quite enough. The doctor also told me that my dizziness can be explained by not eating enough and being too hot at work. They think I'm plenty hydrated. I've noticed tightness around my lower abdomen where my uterus is. The nurse I spoke to for my intake said that it's probably ligaments stretching already. I didn't realize it started so early!

DH and I couldn't be happier to expect our first little bundle of joy in August! We cannot wait to tell our families for Christmas!! 2011 has been a good year to us.

December 16th, 2011, 02:21 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Congrats again, Robyn. I look forward to stalking your journal and sharing the same DDC. At around your stage, I had that tightness in my uterus, too, and it went away pretty quickly. Now I just get pinching in my ovaries from time to time... I guess from the corpus luteum developing.

Hope your dizziness subsides and you're able to enjoy things until full-blown morning sickness hits.

December 16th, 2011, 04:37 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
lol! I guess that's the story of pregnancy, isn't it? One symptom subsides and another comes to replace it.

I was so disappointed when the word "Pregnant" disappeared from my digi even though I knew that was going to happen. I think I'll save the digis for when we tell our parents. I took a picture to put in their frames, a photo of the test as an ornament with "Baby _______ Due August 25, 2012" but I think it'll be nice to have an actual test to show as well.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search