Dani's Little Cub, Due in September!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree62Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 8th, 2012, 03:39 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
If you're really wanting to definitely see the heartbeat, wait until 6 1/2 weeks. So many girls in my DDC had theirs done right away or up to 6 weeks, and they were so disappointed when they didn't see a heartbeat. And they kind of freaked out, thinking something was wrong. Since the heartbeat all depends on hCG, it can be iffy up until about 6 1/2 weeks. But you should be golden by then.

I opted to wait until 8 1/2 weeks because I wanted to see more distinct features... arms and legs. However, I know all about the excitement of wanting to see your bean ASAP. I am counting down the hours until I see my gummy bear on Thursday!

As for the shooting cramps... I got those in my ovary area several times up until about 6 weeks. And I would get them toward the left side of my uterus once in a while... I figured from the bean implanting nice and snug. For the past couple of weeks, if I sit in the same position for too long and then get up quickly, I'll get cramps in my uterus. They go away, but they are definitely annoying.

And, TMI, the newest thing I discovered is that orgasms (even in a sex dream) cause me to cramp sometimes. They always go away after a couple of minutes, but they can be pretty intense. From what I understand from other BTDT moms, they are totally normal.

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.
January 8th, 2012, 03:56 PM
DaniM0820's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by junie22 View Post
And, TMI, the newest thing I discovered is that orgasms (even in a sex dream) cause me to cramp sometimes. They always go away after a couple of minutes, but they can be pretty intense. From what I understand from other BTDT moms, they are totally normal.
OMG I totally just remembered I had a sex dream last night where I had multiple orgasms--that's probably exactly what happened!!

I know I can't expect to hear the heartbeat until later, but I'm pretty sure that my RE wants me to get an early ultrasound anyway. I'm not sure if I'm considered "high risk" at all or if it's just protocol since I did have to go through the RE to get pregnant, but I'll be happy enough just seeing little bean if the heartbeat isn't detectable yet

January 8th, 2012, 03:59 PM
Yeah, definitely get that u/s, but just don't be sad if you don't see the heartbeat! I'm sure your bean will be B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L. And I'm sure those numbers will be awesome tomorrow!

I have been having WAY more sex dreams in the past month than I think I've had in my entire life! Hormones are a funny thing.

January 8th, 2012, 04:00 PM
jojo2bee's Avatar Matthew's Mommy!
How exciting! I'm sure everything is going well and can't wait to hear the unpate after the u/s!

January 8th, 2012, 05:34 PM
MillerMom2b's Avatar Veteran
I've been Mia for a while, I just noticed you got your BFP! I'm so happy for you!! Congrats!

Thank You Claire1979 for by beautiful Siggy!

January 9th, 2012, 10:45 AM
4 weeks, 4 days

12 DPO betas:
HCG = 50
Progesterone = 30

14 DPO betas:
HCG = 128
Progesterone = 28.5

Doubling rate of 36.13 hours!!! I asked the nurse about the lower progesterone and she said it was fine and that as long as the number is above 10 then I'm ok

She also told me that my early ultrasound is just a location u/s to make sure the baby is implanted in the right spot. That will definitely be peace of mind for me! I go in for that on Monday, January 16th at 9:00am!

After that (and when everything is ok) then I'll schedule another ultrasound for 7-10 days later to see the fetus and heartbeat! Then after the u/s I meet with my RE. I am sooo incredibly excited to be getting TWO ultrasounds in a matter of 2 weeks!! I cannot wait to see my little cub, even if there's just a sac on the one on Monday

As for symptoms, I have been having major gas all morning My stomach has been LOUD and that sucks because it's so darn quiet in the office, it's embarrassing! I hope I don't deal with 8 more months of this!
Other than that, just the usual--sore boobs, bit of nausea, bloat, tired (and I woke up at 3:30am again! ).
Also, and I've been having this for over a week but never mentioned it-- I am SO WET down there!!! There has been so much creamy/watery CM that I feel like I either peed myself or AF has come. It's annoying and I'm running to the bathroom every hour or 2 just to check! Sometimes I even feel like wearing a liner

Oh well! I'm just glad my numbers are on track and I get to see little cub in a week Happy Monday everyone!

January 9th, 2012, 11:56 AM
Congrats on great numbers!

FYI - I've been wearing a panty liner every day.

January 9th, 2012, 03:36 PM
I have been the SAME way!!!! I keep going to the bathroom just to check! I'm about to put a panty liner on now because it's been a mess down there! sorry for the TMI!!!!

January 9th, 2012, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo2bee View Post
I have been the SAME way!!!! I keep going to the bathroom just to check! I'm about to put a panty liner on now because it's been a mess down there! sorry for the TMI!!!!
I hear it only gets worse as the pregnancy progresses.

January 10th, 2012, 10:55 AM
4 weeks, 5 days

I woke up at 2:30 this morning and was awake for at least an hour. I finally went back to sleep and my alarm woke me at 5, but I felt like I hadn't slept at all. Needless to say, I am exhausted today. I don't know how I will get through another 2 hours of work and then 1.5 hour drive home... I think a nap is in order before dinner

Nothing else to really report... symptoms still include bloat, achy boobs, occasional waves of nausea, tired, peeing more (but that's probably due to my increased water intake), the creamy CM, and really weird/vivid dreams, which has been going on for the past few days now. I'm glad for all of them because it makes the pregnancy seem more real until I finally get to see the little cub on Monday

January 10th, 2012, 02:09 PM
then nap time it is! I'm been having the crazy dreams since like 3 days before I found out! There very odd and I don't like them! Hope your are better!

January 11th, 2012, 08:03 AM
rmarie9509's Avatar Liam's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to rmarie9509 Send a message via Skype™ to rmarie9509
Aw I hope the sleeping gets better soon. Your numbers look awesome!

January 11th, 2012, 09:16 AM
4 weeks, 6 days

Well, sleep was slightly better last night... I went to bed at 8:30 and woke up at 2:30 again. Was up for an hour AGAIN. But then I went back to sleep until my alarm woke me up from a super amazing awesome dream I was having! Anyone that knows me knows I am a HUGE Hanson fanatic! Well, I had a weird, weird dream that involved Taylor Hanson, and for most of the dream it was just him and me sitting down and chatting about random things The dream ended with DH coming to pick me up in a white car that he doesn't even have, dressed in his work clothes (at night??), and it was right after I introduced him to Taylor. They were about to interact when my alarm went off... Maybe that was a good thing???

Anyway, I woke up feeling GREAT because of my dream and have been able to get over the whole "I woke up for an hour again" thing. It also helps that I feel more rested today Apparently I may be having this issue for a while in the first trimester--I read some of my pregnancy books and they say that restless sleeping/waking at night is a pregnancy sign

On the plus side, that's pretty much my only symptom today. I feel slightly bloated, and my boobs hurt a bit, but so far so good today

I can't wait until tomorrow--I'll be 5 weeks!!!

Last edited by DaniM0820; January 11th, 2012 at 09:19 AM.
January 12th, 2012, 09:34 AM
5 weeks

I may have felt good yesterday, but today is certainly making up for that! I woke up at 3:30 this AM. DH and I stayed up until 9:30 watching Modern Family. I thought the extra hour of being awake would do some good.

NOPE! It's like my body doesn't want me to be awake for more than 6 hours at a time. I was awake over an hour before getting back to sleep for just 30 minutes before my alarm went off. One of these days that thing is going out the window.

Other symptoms for today include: bloat, cramps (they're baaaaack), backache, fatigue, irritable beyond belief, sore boobs/nipples, slight nausea, and it feels like I'm starting to get a slight headache. I hope it doesn't progress further than that.

So today has been pretty sucky with my wake up at 3:30 and increased symptoms. What made it worse was this morning when I walked out to my car it was pouring. That part was no big deal. The problem was there was a RIVER forming around my car that I thought I could jump over. Instead I jumped right into it and water got alllllll into my left shoe. So the whole drive to work I had my foot out of my shoe trying to dry my sock off. Needless to say, it's still not dry.
Ugh. Some days just aren't your day!

On the plus side, today is my last day of work until Tuesday! DH and I are going away to the Poconos for my birthday. We're leaving early tomorrow morning and will be back Sunday, so I probably won't post again until Monday after my ultrasound!!!

I hope everyone enjoys their weekend! I'm hoping to have a decent picture of little cub when I get back

January 12th, 2012, 11:47 AM
Yay! Have a blast this weekend.

January 12th, 2012, 02:52 PM
Have a great weekend! enjoy and can't wait to hear about the u/s and hopefully see pics!

January 17th, 2012, 09:33 AM
5 weeks, 5 days

Well I'm back from vacation. We had a GREAT time and I took naps every afternoon because we were up late each night. The food was excellent and there were only a handful of things that didn't seem pleasing to eat or that I couldn't finish because it tasted weird.

Yesterday was our first ultrasound. I measured at 5w2d (which makes sense based on O date) and we saw the gest sac as well as the yolk sac
No heartbeat yet but I'm not worried and neither was the u/s tech or the doctor I didn't get a pic and they wouldn't let DH take a pic with his phone, but I go back for my next ultrasound on Friday the 27th, where we'll get to see the heartbeat and get a picture our little cub I can't WAIT for that one!

After the u/s, we talked to one of the doctors about early pregnancy symptoms and what to do to try and combat them. She also gave me a sheet of medicines that are ok to take while pregnant (not that I plan on taking ANY--I'd like to avoid it if possible). Most of the things she told me I already knew because of being on JM But I humored her.

She did say that if the next u/s is good (baby growing normally and nothing weird like blood or something) then I will get switched to my normal OB at that time. My RE will even write a letter to them, but I'm waiting until next Friday before contacting them just in case.

As far as symptoms go, I think the biggest ones are exhaustion, bloat, and hurt boobs. Everything else is pretty ok (some food aversion/slight nausea here and there, some dull cramping...nothing major ) I think I've been pretty lucky so far and just hope everything stays tame A girl can dream!

January 17th, 2012, 10:52 AM
Hope things stay tame for you, too. I only had one bout of throw up nausea... and that was at 8 weeks & 3 days. I've been otherwise just queasy most of the time. The m/s has definitely been worse in the last week, but it's been nothing to make me wish I wasn't pregnant. Some of us are just luckier than others.

Glad your u/s went well. Hope you get to see the heartbeat on the next one! I had my 8 1/2 week u/s last week, and it was magical. I'm already so in love with my little nugget.

I'm with you on trying to avoid any medicine if you can, but I've certainly been eating Tums. The heartburn gets too bad some days, and it's really just calcium. I'm at my wits' end when it comes to constipation too. I'm getting ready to down some prune juice for the first time. If that doesn't do the trick... I'll have to resort to stool softeners.

Hoping your symptoms stay mild for the whole pregnancy!

January 18th, 2012, 08:42 AM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad your first u/s went well.
January 20th, 2012, 04:43 AM
6 weeks, 1 day

I am FREEZING!! Apparently the heating system is broken at my work In the summer the air conditioning always busts and now the heat is caput. This is b/s. I don't know what I'm going to do when it's 1000 degrees outside and there's no AC and I'm fat with a baby! Ugh.

In other news, things are still going ok. I've definitely been hungrier than normal and have so far avoided m/s. Don't know how long that will last but I'll embrace it while I can
Aside from my boobs hurting still, my nipples have been super sensitive and hard for the past week! Anyone else have their poppers permanently out?? I thought it was just the cold but it's been all the time!
But anyway, my only symptoms other than those are bloat and exhaustion. I think I've been pretty lucky so far

That's about it going on with me. Tomorrow my mom is taking me to Babies R Us and maternity clothes shopping I know it's early but she has been SO incredibly excited so the maternity clothes are my birthday present. Hopefully I can find some really cute tee-shirts and work pants that fit with this bloat.

Happy Friday everyone!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search