Dani's Little Cub, Due in September!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree62Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 4th, 2012, 09:49 AM
DaniM0820's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just want to start by saying I am so incredibly happy to finally be starting my pregnancy journal!! It has been a 16 month long journey of having PCOS, never Oing, and needing Provera to bring on my periods. I began seeing an RE early last year, and this past November was my first Clomid cycle, 50 mg CD 5-9. I didn't get a BFP but I DID actually O for the first time since before BCPs!

2nd Clomid cycle started December 7th, and I O'd right before Christmas despite having a really bad cold, cough, sore throat, and no voice I forced myself to BD when the OPKs were turning positive, and it led to this on 11 DPO, evening:

!!!
I took 2 more tests this AM, 12 DPO, and they are still positive!
I'm due somewhere around September 13th, and this will be my entire family's (and I think DH's family) FIRST September baby!

3 weeks, 6 days pregnant
I called my RE's office last night after getting the 3 positives and left a message. They just called me back so I'll be getting my first beta drawn at 3:00 today, and second beta on Friday I hope my numbers are good and double like they are supposed to!

The nurse I talked to also said that after my blood tests I'll be going in for an ultrasound I guess since I'm going through the RE they want to get me in early and make sure everything is good early on... no complaints here though because I would LOVE a picture of my little cub!!

BTW--I chose cub because of the bedding I'll be using for the nursery, no matter if baby is a boy or a girl. Babies R Us has this SUPER CUTE Lion King bedding set that I fell in love with when I first saw it over a year ago. And since it's been out for a while I may be able to get it on sale when it comes time to buy it!

Current (and past) symptoms:
  • Bloat (which has been going on for a few days now)
  • Dull cramps/aches/heaviness--SO hard to describe but I've been feeling it, especially when I cough!
  • Slight on-and-off nausea, but nothing that is making me not eat
  • Tired, but that probably has something to do with my not sleeping through the night for the past 2 days. I HOPE that doesn't become a recurring thing!

That's about it really!
I will update with beta #s once I get them tomorrow!

January 4th, 2012, 10:09 AM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniM0820 View Post
Tired, but that probably has something to do with my not sleeping through the night for the past 2 days. I HOPE that doesn't become a recurring thing!
Pretty soon you will be so tired that you'll want to fall asleep at 8pm and sleep until 8am the next day! Every day!

So happy for you... can't wait to follow your pregnancy journey.

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.
January 4th, 2012, 10:21 AM
PinkCloud's Avatar It's a girl!!!
Im so glad you've started a pregnancy journal! Now I'll have another to read while I'm up feeding Paige in the middle of the night

When I got my + OPKs that led to my bfp my DH was in your shoes. He was so sick...achy, coughing, ect. I practically forced him to BD.

Sept 13 sounds like a great DD!

Im going to predict boy for you!! Hehe.
Mrs.Paradise likes this.
January 5th, 2012, 09:05 AM
elizabethchallis's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
those all sound like really good symptoms! I second the being tired... I got my energy back around 10 weeks. Just wanted to say congrats again!

6 weeks 10 weeks 4 weeks

January 5th, 2012, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by junie22 View Post
Pretty soon you will be so tired that you'll want to fall asleep at 8pm and sleep until 8am the next day! Every day!

So happy for you... can't wait to follow your pregnancy journey.
We already head to bed around 8/8:30 and I'm usually asleep by 9/9:30
I'm expecting to be tired, but I just hope I don't keep waking up multiple times in the middle of the night. Last night was ok, I only woke up once around 2:30 am and then slept until my alarm went off at 5. I hate my alarm clock

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRRT View Post
Im so glad you've started a pregnancy journal! Now I'll have another to read while I'm up feeding Paige in the middle of the night

When I got my + OPKs that led to my bfp my DH was in your shoes. He was so sick...achy, coughing, ect. I practically forced him to BD.

Sept 13 sounds like a great DD!

Im going to predict boy for you!! Hehe.
How is Paige doing?? You should post recent pics!
And I hope you're right about the boy prediction! But as long as he/she is healthy, I will be ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabethchallis View Post
those all sound like really good symptoms! I second the being tired... I got my energy back around 10 weeks. Just wanted to say congrats again!
Thanks!! I can't believe you're 15 weeks already! I swear time is flying!!

4 weeks, 0 days
So I make my own candies for the holidays and bring them with us to the numerous family Christmas parties. I wanted something sweet last night after dinner so I decided to have a few pieces.
It tasted disgusting! I was soo upset DH and everyone else who has had some says they are great, but they just didn't taste right to me. And then after eating the 3 pieces, I felt sooo nauseous after!

It finally went away before bedtime but then this AM it came back. I was hungry around 10:00 so I ate something, and then after I just felt the nausea again. It's been on and off now but slightly increased from what I was feeling before. I feel like this is a GREAT sign!
Other symptoms are still the bloating/cramping/heavy feeling and my nipples have been sore! Not feeling too tired today but that's probably because I only woke up once in the middle of the night.

I'm also continuing to test. My IC tests in the AM were super light the last 2 days, and then darker in the evening. This morning though I had the darkest IC test I've ever had! I was sooo excited to see it so much darker! I know I'm going to keep testing (and temping, which I really should stop.. ) until both of my betas come back as ok.

Speaking of betas, I still haven't heard from the doctor with my numbers! argg. Doesn't she know I'm impatient and want to hear some fabulous numbers?? I called and left a message about 30 minutes ago, so hopefully they get back to me soon!

January 5th, 2012, 10:26 AM
The sweets aversion really bummed me out, too, because I normally have a major sweet tooth. Not since getting pregnant, though.

However, I have noticed that fruit tastes delicious, especially berries. I guess the difference is natural sweetness.

January 5th, 2012, 11:13 AM
I got my numbers!
At 12 DPO:
HCG = 50 (average 37 according to this chart)
Progesterone = 30 (average 12-20)

And Adrienne--fruit is DEFINITELY on my grocery shopping list!!

January 5th, 2012, 11:15 AM
Awesome numbers, Dani! So glad everything is looking good.

January 5th, 2012, 03:39 PM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like good numbers so far. Congratulations!
January 6th, 2012, 04:15 AM
4 weeks, 1 day

I slept like CRAP last night! I went to bed at 8:15, which is a bit early for me, and then woke up from DH snoring at 10:45. Plus I had to pee SO BADLY, so I wasn't too upset and it was still late and I had plenty of time to get more sleep.
I woke back up around 3:30 and couldn't get back to sleep I feel fine right now but I know this afternoon it's going to kick my butt.

Fortunately I leave work at noon, and then I'm getting my (hopefully) last round of bloodwork at 1:30. I have to fast for it though because they want to check my levels from the metformin, which I will be taking up through 12 weeks of pregnancy. Only 8 more weeks until I can drop from 6 total pills per day to 1!!!!

In symptoms news, yesterday before leaving work I had some horrible, painful cramping in my left side and tons of bloat. Of course my mind went right to "ectopic" but I think that's silly considering I've had ZERO bleeding and no cramps like this before, and also my tests have been pretty fabulous
Turns out it was just some really bad gas that didn't want to come out. Also I'm a bit constipated at the moment and that certainly isn't helping the issue! I'm still feeling the bloat and dull aches, but that's what I've been feeling for roughly a week now.

Nausea is still on and off but not as bad as it was when I ate that candy Wednesday night. My boobs feel like they want to start hurting but currently it's still just some sensitive nipples.

I have to admit, I am loving these symptoms right now I waited so long for them to be real, how can I complain??

January 6th, 2012, 06:11 AM
Embrace the symptoms!

January 6th, 2012, 06:27 AM
IndyMommyWannabe's Avatar Always Hoping & Praying
Hey Dani!! I just wanted to say - again - congratulations!!!! As I am with all the wonderful women on this board - I am SO SO happy you are on your way to starting your family! I wish you a very happy and healthy 9 months!!!!

IVF=ONLY option

October 2012 = Fresh IVF #1 - retrieved 8, 6 fertilized. Transfer 2. Fail.March 2013 = Frozen #1 - Transfer 2 of 4 left. Fail.
February 2014 = Frozen #2 - Transfer remaining 2 - IMPLANTATION!
8 weeks, D&C - blighted ovum - Triploidy

July 2014 = Fresh IVF #2!

"Sometimes the bad things that happen in our lives put us directly on the path to the best things that will ever happen to us!"

Come visit my blog/journal to learn more about our journey - Our Adventure through Infertility
January 6th, 2012, 08:27 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniM0820 View Post
Turns out it was just some really bad gas that didn't want to come out.

Yay for good numbers!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
January 6th, 2012, 09:41 AM
rmarie9509's Avatar Liam's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to rmarie9509 Send a message via Skype™ to rmarie9509
Hi Dani sorry I havent been in here yet but woohoo! Congrats!
I've heard alot of theories that being sick actually helps you get pregnant because your immune defenses are down and theres nothing to stop the pregnancy from taking. Also you have really good symptoms for so early! The first week or so I knew I was pregnant I couldnt sleep either, just so excited but it gets better till about 20-25 weeks then it sucks again lol. I just try to think of it as my body's way of adjusting to less sleep.

January 6th, 2012, 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmarie9509 View Post
I've heard alot of theories that being sick actually helps you get pregnant because your immune defenses are down and theres nothing to stop the pregnancy from taking.
I did not know this, but it totally makes sense. I was sick most of my cycle, including O time. So woohoo for being sick!

January 6th, 2012, 02:33 PM
If that gets around the TTC boards then there will be lots of women trying to catch a cold near their O days!!
Mrs.Paradise likes this.

January 7th, 2012, 10:18 AM
jojo2bee's Avatar Matthew's Mommy!
I'm sooooo excited for you Dani!!!! and I am very excited to follow your pregnancy journey!!!!

January 7th, 2012, 03:32 PM
4 weeks, 2 days

We told my parents about the pregnancy last night.
We went over to their house and gave them each a Christmas giftbag. I told them that they were Christmas presents we bought months ago and forgot about DH said they had to open them at the same time. My dad was a little perturbed because he doesn't want us to spend unnecessary money on them.

Once the opened their bag, the each pulled out a rolled up onesie and some bibs. My mom IMMEDIATELY started freaking out and screaming, then ran over and gave me a hug. My dad looked confused at first and then said ," Are you serious?? Are you serious??" Then he gave me a hug. It was AWESOME!

I took a pic of the onesies and 2 of the bibs:

After they gave their congrats (and calmed down) my dad yelled to my mom to get on the phone and start making calls, and we had to step in and say noooo. I'm only 4 weeks pregnant and I know anything can happen at this point, so I told him we really want to wait to hear the heartbeat before telling all the rest of the family. It totally burst his bubble but I'd rather be cautious now instead of potentially having to make phone calls later with bad news.

But anyway, my parents are still super excited as this is their first grandbaby and they know all about what it took for us to get to this point

As far as symptoms today, I still have the bloat/achiness, I'm feeling more tired (and even took a nap for an hour this afternoon), my boobs are hurting (even more when my one 70-lb dog jumped on them... OUCH!), and my nose has been detecting lots of unpleasant smells. Every new symptom just makes this more real
Mrs.Paradise and blueeyes25s like this.

January 7th, 2012, 04:38 PM
Oh, how neat! Glad your parents are so excited.

January 8th, 2012, 03:30 PM
4 weeks, 3 days

I've been feeling the tiredness for sure. Last night I went to bed at 9:30 and slept until 7:00. It was wonderful. However, I did wake up at one point in the middle of the night from a sharp cramp that lasted only a few seconds then went away. It really freaked me out but I didn't feel it again until tonight, and again only for a second or two. Has anyone else experienced this??

Today was a pretty uneventful day. DH and I looked around Babies R Us to get some ideas (definitely not buying anything yet though), then went to Kohls so I could get sports bras for my poor achy boobs, then PetSmart for dog food, then home. We lounged on the couch watching TV for a while until I took a nap late in the afternoon. After waking from my nap I'm back to lounging on the couch

I seriously cannot wait for tomorrow! I'll be getting my 14 DPO bloodwork results Pray for high, high numbers, hopefully at least 100! And then if my numbers are awesome (which they should be because my tests keep getting darker and darker every day), I get to scheule my first appointment/ultrasound!!! I can't wait to see my little cub and hopefully hear the heartbeat

Last edited by DaniM0820; January 8th, 2012 at 03:34 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search