JoLina's First Little Twinkie Due in September! (**Birth story!**)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 26th, 2012, 03:47 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
I hope that your husband doesn't get called away on the mission. Moreso than the 12-week appointment, the gender reveal u/s is really awesome. I'll be crossing fingers that everything works out just fine, and he can be there, and you guys can get your registry started.

Don't worry about the movement thing. My doctor told me that it sometimes takes as long as 24 weeks to start feeling consistent movement. With me, it literally seemed to happen overnight. Your babe just needs a little time to get super-strong and then kick the crap out of your belly and your cervix and your bladder.

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.
April 29th, 2012, 09:50 PM
jojo2bee's Avatar Matthew's Mommy!
19 weeks 6 days

The u/s went great and she said everything looks good! when I go in for my appt on wed, my OB will discuss it further with me she said, I hope thats a good thing.... now I'm worried! But I posted my u/s pics and Were Team Blue!!!!

Thankfully DH was able to make it! But he can still get called up for the mission at late a 545am on wed! I sure hope he dosent go! Oh and we got the registry done! But thats its for now! I shall return with my 20 week pic hopefully tomorrow!

April 30th, 2012, 06:24 AM
Yay for joining Team Blue!

We have lots of blue going on in the Grads section!

April 30th, 2012, 12:50 PM
Ha ha I know!!!! Boys are going around like crazy right now!

April 30th, 2012, 10:35 PM
20 weeks

I'm defentily posting this a little late! Had to work today lol. Thankfully DH hasent heard anything about that mission yet but he can still get called up as late as 545am on wednesday. I sure hope he dosent go! And its mailny because he is going to a confrence wed through friday then he has his army weekend friday through sunday. So either way he's leaving but I know he is really looking foward to the confrence.

But the big news today is I am officaly half way through my pregnancy! Its a great milestone to hit and I am so happy we have hit it and things are good and our little boy and I are healthy!

Also, we have picked a name for baby boy! His name is going to be Matthew Ernest Paul. Its a tradition in DHs family to have 2 middle names and the names are the babys great grandparents. So Ernest is my moms dad, he passed away when she was 9 so I never had the chance to meet him, and then Paul is DHs dads dad who passed away a few years ago. But we had the middle names picked out for a while and I have always loved the name matthew and it took DH a little bit but he fell for it to! And then come to find out, Matthew is DHs step fathers middle name and one of my uncles middle name as well! I also found out recently that paul is another one of my uncles middle names ha ha! Its kinda funny how all that worked out!

Other then that things are going good. My hands swell up a lot though expecially when I first get up. My feet swell a lot to but only really when I stand for a while so when I get off work mostly ha ha. The heartburn is crazy to, I'm going to still ask my OB about that pill on wednesday. I have had a few mood swings and moody days lol. One day when DH got home I was in the shower and he came into the bathroom and asked if I was off my rocker that day!!!! Ya that was isntant off the rocker! Ha ha! Other then that things are good but I still haven't felt much movement yet but hopefully soon!

May 1st, 2012, 06:27 AM
Congrats on being over the hump! More than halfway there now!

May 1st, 2012, 02:41 PM
20 weeks 1 day

I posted my 20 week pic! I think my belly looks way big! I'm thinking it was the angle maybe because I'm so not that big! ha ha and I even took it a few times but I don't know!

Things are going good and we found out eairler that DH does not have to go on that mission! yay! so he is off to his confrence tomorrow though then he had his drill weekend! I do have my OB appt tomorrow though so hopefully things are good!

May 2nd, 2012, 04:09 PM
20 weeks 2 days

Had my OB appt today and she said Matthew looks great! He has all his little organs and what not! But she was a little concerned though because I guess the placenta is low, it's right next to my cervix right now. She said at 28 weeks I'll have another u/s and there going to check the placents position again but she said its a concern but not a concern if that makes sence lol. how she explained it to me was that majority of the time this happens as the uterus grows the placent moves up with it so at my 28 week u/s it should be ok.

That was a little concerning but I'm not going to think about it to much and I'm sure everything will be fine!

Other then that, DH left this moring to his confrence and I havent heard from him since after my appt, he texted to see how it went and I havent herd back from him yet. He should call when hes done.

We got the crib yesterday and put it together! It looks great! I'm very happy with our choice! My parents bought us the crib an crib mattress as a gift. So sweet of them! I also put his bedding up to, I'm going to take it down closer to when hes due and wash it all but I just couldn't wait to see how it all looks together!

May 2nd, 2012, 06:01 PM
I had an anterior placenta at my anatomy scan but not at the others. It definitely moves around. If it does stay low, you might get some cramping or even occasional spotting, but it's usually not something to worry about. I'll hope that it moves by your 28-week appointment.

Glad you've already gotten the crib put together. That's awesome. We painted the nursery last weekend, and we'll be assembling the crib this weekend. I'm going to do exactly what you're doing... putting the bedding on just to see what it looks like and then washing closer to his arrival.

May 9th, 2012, 10:43 PM
Good to know I'm not the only one Adrienne ha ha

May 23rd, 2012, 03:17 PM
23 weeks 2 days

I posted my 23 week pic and forgot to put in an update! Well things are going great I have to say! I can finally feel Matthew moving around! I started to feel him about a week or so ago and since then it has been everyday! I so happy to be feeling him move on a more regular basis ha ha! He is diffentaly low to! Other then that I've been getting crazy bad heartburn pretty much everyday! I bought some zantic but I always forget to take it! and thankfully it's more like spurts of heartburn rather then full on so I can deal with that a lot better lol. I've also been getting a few headaches and I've noticed I get them when I need more sleep. For like 5 days I got a total of like 6 hours of sleep so I had a headache almost the whole time. Today my sacrum has been sore, like I feel like I have a lot of pressure I guess. and my hips and pelvic area have been getting sore to and of course I had to work this morning right when everything starts falling apart on me ha ha!

Other then that things are good and now I have been researching cloth diapers. I think its a great idea and DH and I just might decide to do cloth diapers! Theres just soooooooo much info about them and so many to choose from! so thats the hard part! but we havent decided for sure yet if were going to go the cloth route yet but difentaly considering it!

May 23rd, 2012, 03:23 PM
Closer and closer to the third trimester! Glad you're feeling Matthew regularly now. It truly never gets old, does it?
jojo2bee likes this.

May 24th, 2012, 11:50 PM
It is defentaly a different and new feeling but it truley never gets old! I'm glad to know he's still in there ha ha!

May 25th, 2012, 12:03 AM
23 weeks 3 days

So I finaly went through some of the papers we have and sorted them out for what needs to be shredded and what needs to be filled so that was nice! I think were getting pretty close to haveing the house put together and ready to fill up with all of matthews stuff! I can't wait either! I'm so excited to really start getting his room together and I think it will also make the pregnancy feel more real to! And I mean more like there really is a little baby coming soon! Its all just surreal still and hasent fully kicked in yet I guess.

So I have still been trying to decide on if I want to cloth diaper or not. I've been thinking about this for like 4 or 5 days now! I think almost everything about it is a great idea and I know it is better for the environment and the cost is way cheaper in the long run compared to disposable. I just think my biggest thing is the laundry ppart of it which I think is not that big of an issue either. Anyways I will figure it out eventualy I guess!

May 25th, 2012, 06:47 AM
I say try cloth diapering, but have some disposables on hand. If the cloth diapering becomes too much to handle, then you can always switch to disposables. Or do both depending on your situation for that day. It certainly can't hurt to try.

When my sisters and I were babies, my mom used both. Of course then it was a cost-saving measure, not an environmental one.

May 25th, 2012, 11:54 AM
That's what I've decided to do, I figured ill try it and if I love it great if not then oh well!

May 28th, 2012, 09:16 PM
24 weeks

First off I will post my pic as soon as I can get to my parents to post it.

Things are going good. I think matthew is starting to kick harder now but we still can't feel him move from the outside yet. Well hopefully soon we will! I've been getting this dang heartburn a lot latley! Its getting frustrating!then of course there's the tiredness and getting worn out so eaisly and the swollen feet and hands but other then that its all good!

I have my next OB appt on friday. She said its just a regular appt and at my 28 week appt I will have another u/s and the glucose test. Oh joy I can't wait to drink a tube of sugar! Lol.

May 29th, 2012, 06:46 AM
The drink isn't even the worst part of the glucose challenge test. It's the waiting for a whole stinkin' hour. The one kind of cool thing was that the sugar made Jackson crazy, so he was kicking and squirming the entire time.
jojo2bee likes this.

May 29th, 2012, 04:03 PM
24 weeks 1 day

Well same ol' same ol'! Had to work today and it actually went by pretty fast. I didn't think it would and it was very slow to! and thankfully my feet weret killing me to much when I got off ha ha. but I have tomorrow off and I work thursday then I have my next OB appt on friday yay!

Speaking of my next appt, I want to talk to my dr about this pain I've been getting on my kind of lower ish left side abdomen. It's happened a few times already and it's starting to concern me a bit now since I have a low placenta and what not. When I left my last appt she had said something about wanting to know were the blood comes from if I have any bleeding so I'm concerned that my placenta may be tearing (I hope I spelled that right lol) or something and thats not a very good thing I would think! Well hopefully not and everything is fine.

June 4th, 2012, 03:49 PM
25 weeks

To start, I posted my 25 weeks pic in the first post.

Well the first thing I want to start with is that last night DH was finaly able to feel Matthew kick! He has only kicked hard enough to feel maybe 3 times or so and once I tell Jason to come feel he stops moving lol. But last night we were laying in bed talking and he started kicking right under my ribs on my left side and really hard to! It hurt! So I had Jason put his hand there and Matthew just kept on kicking away! Jason even said hes really kicking you like crazy! So that was the highlight of my day lol.

But it was a busy week. I was working a lot and had drill over the weekend as well. But thankfully I have today and tomorrow off! then were going camping friday sat and sun! I cant wait! we have had this trip planned for like 5 or 6 months now! Its going to be DH and I, my parents and cousin and my brother and his girlfriend and DH's parents as well. We have 3 sites next to eachother booked! So excited!

Then I have decided when to quit work. I'm going to tell them the end of June. I'm just haveing so may issues right now with the swelling and what not and we have a lot to do and a lot coming up as well. While DH is gone for a month I am going to work for my unit for like 14 days and thats a all day mon-fri type thing so theres no way I can work at the same time. That would just be way to much for a woman in her 3rd trimester to handle! but thats about it for now!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search