JoLina's First Little Twinkie Due in September! (**Birth story!**)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 4th, 2012, 06:33 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
So glad DH finally felt Matthew kick!

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.
June 5th, 2012, 10:41 PM
jojo2bee's Avatar Matthew's Mommy!
25 weeks 1 day

Same ol same ol stuff. Were still so excited DH got to feel Matthew move! He's been movin a lot today to! I could actually SEE him move! It was so crazy! I called DH over right away and then he wouldn't move for him! Everytime he would DH was looking away! Well he will get his chance soon!

I finished making my baby shower invitations today! That was exciting! I made them through this program my cousin has and he's pays for it each month. He was nice enough to offer it to us to use! This company will print the invitations then stamp and mail them out for you! You have to pay for postage of course but that's nothing compared to what you would normaly do! So I guess I actually designed them not 'made' them lol.

I completly for to post some pics of the baby clothes we have so far! Ill try to do that in the next few days or so, I work tomorrow and thursday then were going camping friday tru sunday. But we only have 4 right now since I'm trying not buy stuff untill after my baby shower. And let me tell ya its hard to do ha ha!

June 11th, 2012, 11:46 PM
26 weeks

I can't believe I'm already 26 weeks! I'm still trying to figure out where this past like month has gone! Time is juat a ticking I guess lol. Things are going good for the most part. The family and I went camping over the weekend. It was amazing! I was deffently in need of some time off and away from the city! It was soooooo relaxing! It was my mom and dad, DHs mom and step dad, my brother and his girlfriend. Then my tio (uncle) mike joined us on saturday. It was a lot of fun and I'm so happy we did it. We've had this trip planned since like december and the camp sites reserved since feb 1st lol.

Then there's the bad... On wednesday or thursday I got a call from my mother in law and the hall we had booked for my baby shower fell through! It was going to be at her club house and the manager person called her and said they were canceling everything and wernt going to have any partys anymore. She was so livid about it all and I am to! Thank god we haven't sent the invitations yet! But really who the heck does that to a person! So now were trying to find a new place and we wanted to send the invitations by the 15 at the latest, and this also included sending one to us first to make sure they come out ok. So mad!

Matthew has been moving a lot to! Its so exciting to really know he's actually in there! And then he's kicking hard enough now so you can see him moving in my belly! Its such a new and amazing thing to see! I also bought the letters for his name and will get started on them soon for his room! I still have a few things I would like to get to add them still. Thankfully I have the next 2 days off work!

Speaking of work, I'm still trying to decide when to put in my notice. I was going to have it set where I would work untill the end of june but I don't know if I want to stay longer now or what. Its such a hard decision! I had the end of june planned so DH and I would have a few weekends to get stuff together before he leaves and now he's gonna be all busy for all of them! And I was also going to work at my unit for a couple of weeks while DH was gone but now they don't think that will happen anymore. So joy! Just so much to do and so little time!

June 12th, 2012, 06:22 AM
I hear ya! With less than 10 weeks to go for me, I don't know how I'll find the time to get everything finished. It will happen though.

Glad you had a fun camping trip.

Hope everything works out for your shower. That's really unprofessional for that business to cancel. If they decided not to rent the room or do banquets anymore, they should at least honors those that are already booked and just not take new business. Hope you find an even better place.
jojo2bee likes this.

June 18th, 2012, 08:57 PM
Thanks Adrienne! and I agree they should of at least kept the ones already booked! and with the time left untill the baby shower it was very unconvient for us to try and find a new place within like 2 days so we could get the invitations mailed out in time! It's so unprofessional of them and were all VERY PO about the whole ordeal!

June 18th, 2012, 09:06 PM
27 weeks

Things have been going pretty good other then the issues with the hall for my baby shower. Thankfully we did get a place and have sent an invitaion to us and will be sending the rest out in the next few days or so. We went with the party room at my grandmas house, she lives in an independent living place but theres always people there for just in case. The room is little bit smaller and we were trying to avoid going with them but now with everything that has happened its kind of a last resort thing. Were going to have a lot of people so hopefully there will be enough room!

Dh and I and his mom and step dad and brother and sisterin law and niece all went to the renissance festivle on saturday! it was soooo much fun! DH and I go every year so it was exciting! I also got a henna tattoo on my belly ha ha! I'll post a pic of it. It was nice to get out and spend time with the family and what not.

On the baby front, things are great! He has really become a mover! and now he likes to move once I sit down for like 2 minutes then hes going! it so fun though and I love watching him move around in there. I'm still getting heartburn all the time and thats no fun!

Oh and I ordered my first cloth diaper today! its a flips OS with snaps in grasshopper green. I just got the one diaper and 1 stay dry insert just to SEE it before I buy a few more. I'm so excited and cant wait to get it in! yay!

This one I took that evening I got it. Saturday 6-16. all the henna is still on there

and this one I took today 6-18 so all the goup is off.

June 19th, 2012, 10:49 PM
27 weeks 1 day

thinga are going pretty good today. I got the bathrooms cleaned and some laundry done. I feel productive ha ha. I have also been working on Matthews letters for his room. I'm making his name and painting the letters blue and green then decorating them with cutsie stuff. I'll post pics when I get them done more, I've just been painting them now. I'm excited and can't wait to see the final product ha ha.

So I got my conformation e-mail today for my cloth diaper that I orderd yesterday and it has been shipped yay! I can't wait to get it in! I still need to decide how many to get and inserts and what not not but hopefully soon!

Dh and I picked a pediatrician today, well hopefully ha ha! I just need to figure out whats next on contacting them and what not and hows abouts to go with that. I still need to get DH and I signed up for a birthing class before he leaves as well. h goodness so much to do! Well hopefully we can get it all done in time!

June 20th, 2012, 07:49 AM
Cool henna tattoo.

I hope your shower turns out great, even if it isn't exactly as you had planned.

Can't wait to see your letters.

June 20th, 2012, 08:11 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Very cool henna tattoo!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
June 20th, 2012, 10:58 PM
Thanks Adrienne and Karen! I just love it! she did such a great job on it haha!

27 weeks 2 days

I'm so excited! I scrubed the crap out of my kitchen today and I think it looks great if you ask me lol. I also reorginized it a bit as well so it's not so cluttery. So nice lol. now I've been tackling the living room and its looking better already!

As for baby things re good for the most part but I've only felt him move once today. I'm getting concerned with that because latley when I sit down fo like 2 mins then he starts going crazy in there! Actually twice I believe hes been moving. I have been VERY active today so I'm hopeing thats why but if I still don't feel much tonight and by the time I get up I think I'm going to call my doctor. This is just not like him, he moves a lot normaly! I hope hes OK in there gosh!

Thats about it for today but I also wanted to share a few pics of his bedding that we have for his nursery!

June 20th, 2012, 11:11 PM
here is the blanket/comferter

These are the wall hanging that the bedding set came with

The diaper stacker, still trying to decide what to use it for now since were doing cloth, I'm thinking blankets maybe...

June 21st, 2012, 08:40 AM
Very cute stuff, JoLina!

And don't worry about the movement thing. When I'm really active, Jackson seems to be less active. I think we rock them to sleep with our movements. Also, I've noticed that when he hits a couple of days where he's quieter than usual, he makes up for it the next day by being really aggressive. I heard from someone that they become a little lethargic right before a growth spurt too.
jojo2bee likes this.

June 21st, 2012, 08:57 AM
Those are super cute! I think using the diaper stacker to hold blankets is a great idea!

June 21st, 2012, 04:11 PM
Thats what i've herd also Adrienne! But he hasent moved to much today though, more then yesterday so I'm happy! That is crazy they slow down before a growth spirt!

And thanks Karen! I thought so to ha ha

June 25th, 2012, 12:00 AM
27 weeks 6 days

Well same old same old going on over here. DH got friday off work so we've been trying to spend time together. I had to work friday and saturday and late shifts to might I add lol so were trying to squeeze in the time together as much as possible. I feel like we still have so much to do to get ready for baby Matthew's arrival and I'm just hopeing we can get it all done in time! I'm sure we will but it still drives me nuts! lol

June 25th, 2012, 03:00 PM
Don't worry, you will get it all done! I'm sure it seems overwhelming (I haven't even begun to think about such things), but you will find a way to make it happen!

June 27th, 2012, 01:33 AM
Ha ha I sure hope so Karen! Times running out!

June 27th, 2012, 01:45 AM
28 weeks 1 day

I don't know what the heck is up with me but I have been soo tired the past couple of days! I have no energy to do anything! Including getting up to pee the hundreds of times a day I do lol. I guess I'm really starting to feel the 3rd trimester lol. I can also feel the pressure on my lungs a lot more and I can't take deep breaths anymore and I can tell the he has just had a growth spurt to! I woke up a lot bigger then yesterday lol. Also I will try to get my 28 week pic posted tomorrow! I completly forgot about it today!

On another note... DH and I have our birthing class on saturday! I'm quite excited and I'm looking foward to it! It will be great spending the time with DH with the bonus of learning about birth! Lol. Its just a 1 day class since we can't fit the 4 week one into our schedule. Its the same as the 4 week one just in one day! Its like 10am-4pm so not to bad.

I also think I'm having one of those freak out days today because I have been getting very scared about having Matthew! Not the birth part, even though I am nervous about that to lol, but just haveing a baby in general, becoming a mom and becoming responsable for a tiny little life that's going to rely on us for everything. Don't get me wrong I'm so happy to have a little one but I'm just all scared and nervous again lol. But I'm sure everything will be just fine!

June 27th, 2012, 03:57 AM
Oh my gosh and I almost forgot to mention in my post that I finaly got my cloth diaper I ordered in yesterday (monday)! I'm so excited! I wanted to see it before we got more. I've done my research like crazy and the flips was my favorite so far and I've herd a lot of good reviews about them. So I ordered a flip diaper and I'm lovin it! I really like the stay dry insert as well! Its so soft! Anywho that's it for now!

June 29th, 2012, 02:49 AM
28 weeks 3 days

I finally posted my 28 week pic as well!

So I was so tired the past few days and then all of sudden tuesday night I became sooooooo restless! I ended up staying up untill almost 10am wednesday! I could'nr believe it! I finaly layed down in bed and slept for like 2 maybe 3 hours and was up again. no idea what happened there! So I was kind of tired wednesday night and went to bed with DH a little before 11pm. I feel asleep pretty good and from 11pm-4am I got up to pee 3 times! so then at 4 am ish I couldnt get back to sleep. DH's alarm was going to go off at 5am so I didnt want to wake him so I tryed to fall asleep again and nothing. so when DH's alarm went off at 5am I got up and ate some applesauce. I went back to bed and tryed to fall asleep again and it took forever! Then once I finally fell asleep DH called and woke me up! So I dont feel rested enough and all I've been wanting to do all is clean.

So other then all that mess things are good. Matthew has been kicking like CRAZY the past couple of days. My heartburn has been pretty bad today to. My friend that is also pregnant text me this moring a little before 9am saying her water broke! shes about 38 or 39 weeks along. So that was super exciting! she finaly text me again and she another girl born at 10:06pm 5lb 6oz! Her and the baby are doing good! When she told me that it just made me soooooo super excited to have my little boy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search