JoLina's First Little Twinkie Due in September! (**Birth story!**)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 8th, 2012, 04:33 PM
jojo2bee's Avatar Matthew's Mommy!
I'm JoLina (24) and DH is Jason (32) and we started TTC our first in september 2011. We were on our 5th cycle of TTC our first and had finaly recieved our BFP on January 5, 2012.

Our EDD is September 17, 2012!!!!

Were Team Blue!!!!

Waiting the arrival of our little boy Matthew Ernest Paul!

First blood drawl - January 7, 2012 @ 12 DPO
~ Blood Hcg - 64.4

First prenatal appointment - January 18, 2012

Next prenatal appointment - September 10, 2012
39 week appt

Ignore my horrible stretch marks that are really coming along!

(Some of the pics are funny looking since I croped them, sorry!)

Belly Pictures

Ultrasound Pictures

First u/s at 8 weeks 2 days, Febuary 8, 2012

Second u/s at 12 weeks 2 days, March 7, 2012

Third u/s at 19 weeks 4 days, April 27, 2012
Were Team Blue!

Fourth u/s at 29 weeks, July 2, 2012

His little face!

another one confirming he's a boy! ha ha

Last edited by jojo2bee; September 19th, 2012 at 01:50 AM. Reason: birth story
January 8th, 2012, 04:46 PM
Here is my begining story of this wonderful journey!

I had taken a HPT at 6,7 and 8 DPO (I was very impatient) and all BFN. I was confused with what was going on this cycle anyways so I just figured I was out. I had to work late so I was up late taking care of a few things and I sall where I have my testa at and I was looking at the one from 8 DPO and I started to think I sall a second line, even though it's no good anymore after 2 days! So then I got the urge to test again so I grabed my amazon cheepie and went and took the test. I waited like 30-45 seconds maybe and looked at it and I sall that beautiful second line! My heart started racing and I was in complete shock so I went and woke up DH and told him I just took a HPT and theres a second line! I had him look at it and he sall it to so I had to test again. I grabed a FRER and chugged water so I could pee and tested and another BFP!!!!

I then decided to test again in the morning if they were positive again I was going to call the doctor! I woke up and took a FRER and a amazon cheepie and BFP again!

Total I have taken 11 HPT and 6 brands. I feel like a crazy person but it make me feel better for some crazy reason! I just can't fully believe it untill I get the results back from my doctor.

Anyways, I had my doctors appt on saturday the 7th and she took blood and will call me on monday the 8th with my results so tomorrow! She didn't have me take another urine test because I already had taken 9 and 6 different brands ha ha so she just took the blood.

I have my first prenatal appointment on the 18th. It was the first one they could get me in at and I'm OK with waiting the week and a half ish as long as I get my lab results. There was no way I could wait that long to get blood work done! So now I'm just trying to not so patiently wait untill then!

So as of right now I am 3 weeks and 6 days along!

January 8th, 2012, 05:09 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Another pregnancy journal to stalk!

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.
January 8th, 2012, 05:19 PM
DaniM0820's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
11 tests is ok... I'm already up to 16 and keep taking them to see the line get darker if it gives you peace of mind until you get your numbers then I don't see any harm
Mrs.Paradise likes this.

January 8th, 2012, 05:24 PM
MillerMom2b's Avatar Veteran
Congrats jolina! I've been Mia for a while but I've been lerking... it's so great that you got a BFP! I'm so happy for you.

Thank You Claire1979 for by beautiful Siggy!

January 9th, 2012, 12:42 AM
Thanks girls! And dani, ikm not to far behind you on the test taking, and I'm just wanting to see the lines get darker too! But its defentaly good to hear that I'm not the only one doing it!

January 9th, 2012, 03:31 PM
4 weeks

I was finally able to get some sleep last night night. I was still waking up a lot but I feel more rested today then I have the past few days. Maybe thats also because DH is finally back home, he had to go play army for the weekend and left friday and got back home yesterday. I always have troubles sleeping when he's not home.

I got my lab results back from my doctor today and they were positive ha ha but my Hcg level was at 64.4 at that was at 12 DPO!!!! I am very happy with those numbers!

As far as symptoms today, not a whole lot going on. I'm defentely fatigued and have had cramping for the past 3 days. The cramping isint like period cramps but more mild I guess is the eaisest way to describe it. I had a little nausea yesterday and very mild heartburn. I also had a bad lower backache yesterday to. Other than that thats about it for now on the symptoms, oh and bloating! But thats it.

Now I'm just waiting for my first prenatal appointment on the 18th and I will hopefully find out more then!

Now I feel a lot better about this pregnancy being real now that I got results back from my doctor! I have been so happy and excited since I got my BFP but I didn't want to fully embrace it just in case. I'm still worried that things could go wrong but not as much as I was before. I might end up going back to my regular doctor before I go to the OB just to get my beta Hgc done again just to make sure my levels have at least doubled. I still feel like a crazy person taking all the HPT and wanting to go to the doctor again to check my levels but I just want to make sure everything is going good. DH says it's cute that I've now taken 13 HPT ha ha but I don't care because it make me feel better!

and I will post my 4 week pic tomorrow!!!!

January 9th, 2012, 03:51 PM
At some point, you just have to let it go and trust that things will work out. I totally understand your anxiety... especially since I had an m/c before this pregnancy. I tested up until 19 DPO... that's when I got the results of my second beta and saw that everything was doubling nicely. I finally just let go and stopped testing.

Your level at 12 DPO is great! It's actually a lot higher than the average of 37. Hmmm... maybe a girl (their hCG #s are usually higher than boys). You have no history of problems, so you should just relax and enjoy the ride!

Can't wait to watch your weekly belly progression.

January 9th, 2012, 10:29 PM
Thanks adrienne and I would love a girl ha ha. DH and I don't really care but I'm starting to lean towards a girl.

January 10th, 2012, 04:06 PM
4 weeks 1 day

So far today I have just been happy and excited! I'm feeling better about fully embracing my pregnancy now! That felt good just saying that! But I did update and put my 4 week picture up, sorry I look poopy! It was a lazy day and no make-up! I'll make sure the others look better ha ha.

Also I found out recently that one of my oldie but goodie friends is also pregnant! She's at around 14 weeks. It was just crazy because we both were going to tell each other and come to find out were both prego! Just kinda made me laugh.

Todays symptoms
~ fatigued
~ a little bloat
~ very mild and short nausea
~ frequent urination
~ crazy dreams! ( 1 of them last night my dog sat in a fire grill and I had to bring her to the hospital then they offered me a job.... ya i didnt like it very much!)
~ increased CM!

I think thats about it! Today is a good day!

January 10th, 2012, 04:58 PM
Yay! Can't wait to watch your bump progress. Grow, bean, grow!

January 12th, 2012, 03:12 PM
4 weeks 3 days

I was on yesterday and didn't post in my journal! But yesterday was a good day for the most part. Just the same symptoms going on.
~ bloat
~ cramping (usually at night time)
~ frequent potty trips
~ a bit of nausea
~ and the crazy dreams

I had my first really 'naughty' dream last night, needless to say I will stop there ha ha. I have been really restless the past week or so and I'm defently going to talk about that with my OB on wednesday. I have been so tired but it takes me forever and a day to fall asleep and when I do I keep waking up and the slightest noise will wake me up. It's getting frustrating!

Then I go back to work tomorrow since finding out the news, and I'm not sure if I want to tell them yet or not. For the most part a lot of my co-workers know that DH and I have been trying so I know they would be very happy for us and like half of them are pregnant ha ha. I just don't know id it's to eairly for me to tell them. DH and I have told or immediate family about it and a few friends but were waiting untill a little farther ahead to tell everyone else. So should I tell my work now or wait for a few more weeks?

Thats about it for now and I'm just excited for my first OB appt and I can't wait! DH got the day off work so he can make it, he just has to go to school in the morning then he's going to meet me there since I have to be there eairley.

January 18th, 2012, 02:07 PM
5 weeks 3 days

So I had my first prenatal appointment today! It went very well and she thinks everything looks good. She is having me come back in febuary 5th for my first u/s!!!! I'm sooo excited also because twins run in my family and im next in line they say so I will find out on the 5th! I don't really want twins for my first pregnancy!!!! I would be fine with twins for like a second pregnancy but not my first! It's been on my mind like crazy also because my hcg levels were almost double the normal!!!!

Shye also changed my edd to september 19 now and says i'm 5 weeks 3 days today. I will post my 5 week pic later I just have been MIA for a few days and havent uploaded it to my computer yet! But theres no change really except the massive bloat I get after dinner and it makes me look like im 6-7 months already!!!!

Symptoms!
~ massive breast tenderness!!!! ouchy!
~ mild spurts of nausea
~ frequent urination
~ Very thirsty all the time!
~ very tired all the time!
~ I think I could out eat a 1st place winner from a eating contest!

January 19th, 2012, 05:21 PM
5 weeks 4 days

I have been so MIA for a few days and I feel bad! It has just been a crazy busy time for DH and I. We decided to put the house hunting on hold for another year and just get an apartment again. So we have been apartment hunting and found a place that we think will work out good for us for another year. Besides in a year, DH will qualify for a VA loan which was our first choice but then they decided to change the requirements on us! So now we were able to save all of the down payment money we had saved up to use for the baby coming and to start furnishing our soon to be house (which is going to be an apartment for the mean time lol)! So we went out over the weekend and bought us a new couch! We have been wanting to get for for years now! We have this ugly 1960's yellow love seat thats way to small for the 2 of us! But now we have a new couch and it's soooooo nice! It's the new cloud 2 with the electronic recliners! It's like sitting on a cloud!

But anywho! My first prenatal appointment went very well and she thinks everything is looking good so thats great news! I have my first u/s on febuary 9th and I am very excited and cant wait!

Other then that everything is going well! My symptoms have died down a lot and I havent really had to many. Just my boobs are very tender and I pee alot and I have had the cramping but thats dieing down a lot to. I have had a little bit of nausea but just for a short amount of time and once I eat it goes away.

I also got the one a day womans prenatals and started taking thoes yesterday. I was taking just regular vitamins before and my OB sugested I take over the counter prenatals and thats what I wanted to do as well!

January 19th, 2012, 05:46 PM
Love the 5-week pic!

I wish I could tell you the bloat gets better... but it's only downhill from here.

January 26th, 2012, 01:20 PM
6 weeks 4 days

First off I will post my 6 week pic later, I'm on my cell phone now. And second, sorry I have been so MIA! DH and I got an apartment and he moved in over the weekend so now I have just been trying to get everything all set up and put away. But pretty much we decided to just get another apartment and put house hunting on hold for about a year. I figured it would be nice to just keep all our down payment money we had saved up and get baby stuff and what not. So in a year DH will qualify for the VA loan so it just seemed liked the best decision for right now. I was busy all weekend with work so DH had to move by himself (well with help from some family) so now that he's at work this week I'm trying to get the place all put together!

My momma came over yesterday to help me and we got a lot done I think! Then I made chili for dinner and it was amazing! And now today I feel just so tired and worn out! I'm just sitting on the couch watching evan almighty and I don't want to get up and clean or do anything!

January 26th, 2012, 01:32 PM
Glad you got moved in to a new place. It sounds like you guys made a great decision. And, by the way, you're pregnant, so you get a pass today if you're too tired to do much.

January 26th, 2012, 07:23 PM
HA HA! I was thinking the exact same thing!

January 29th, 2012, 11:40 PM
7 weeks

Well things have been going good for the most part. I had to work all weekend and yesterday these preggo symptoms have really started to show more! I woke up yesterday sooooo nausious! I munched on some crackers and that helped. I've noticed when I'm feeling sicky to eat something and it tends to help. I've also had the crazy tiredness starting to really kick in. So today I've pretty much been tired sicky moody and I can't stop peeing! But I think that's about it for now! Also I will try and post my 7 week pic tomorrow!

February 5th, 2012, 05:53 PM
8 weeks

I have posted my 7 and 8 weeks pic finally!

Wow it feels like I havent been on in forever! It's just hard since we dont have internet right now. But things are good for the most part. This week the nausea has really kicked in and its quite misserable. I'm eating like all the time because I've noticed it helps calm the nausea if I have something in my tummy. I've been getting the cramping again a little so I'm going to talk to my doctor about that as well on wednesday. My boob are starting to get a bit bigger, but I'm going to wait a little bit to get a new bra. I've been getting very emotional, my mood will change so quickley it's crazy!

I had to work today and we have some amazing sales going on in shoes, winter coats and kids so when I got off I bought a new coat and I have been needing one! It was 40 on clearance normaly 200!!!! And I also got a pair of maternity capirs for 4.80! There like a tan kacki but I think they will be nice since I will be pregnant ALL summer! The material is thin so that should be nice!

Other then that things are good! I'm so excited for my first ultrasound on wednesday! I can't wait to see my little twinkie in there and I think it will help to make the pregnancy feel more 'real'. I will post a pic once I have it!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search