Lauren's 1st Pregnancy Journal DDC October 2012!!!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree72Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 16th, 2012, 03:49 PM
LWiegel's Avatar Lauren *Expecting #1!*
A little about me to those who I have not "met": My name is Lauren (24) and DH is Micah (27). We got married 5/29/11 and it has been great ever since. We grew up together our entire lives being that his cousin Julie was born 2 months after me and we have been best friends ever since and our parents were best friends before that and still are. Julie's mother and Micah's mother are sisters and very close. We have always gone on family vacations and we have always had seceret crushes on eachother until we finally came clean and ended up getting married 5 months later!! We have gotten pregnant before (last March and this past October) and both ended in miscarriages. And now we are PG again!! My DH is in his first year of residency for OB/GYN at a high risk hospital and I am in my last semester of nursing school to get my BSN at the same hospital.

When I got the slightest little line at 9dpo I was so excited and sooo nervous. Due to my previous 2 miscarriages within the past year I am still worried (but trying to stay positive) about the fact that it is early and things can happen. But there is something about this pregnancy that just feels so right. I do not currently have an OB because everytime they want me to wait until week 10 to be seen, so I went today to my gyn to meet with her about getting bw (betas and progesterone). Well I could not get my bw done bc the blood draws have to be done within 48 hours of eachother and the lab is not open on Saturdays!!!!! So now I have to wait until Monday to see where I am at!!! At least DH and I are getting away on a quick trip this weekend so that will help take my mind off of it.

Ok I think I got everything out!! LOL Anyways I am really excited and hope this is it!!!

8 week 1 day

Lauren's Pregnancy Journal.

Last edited by LWiegel; March 15th, 2012 at 03:08 PM.
February 16th, 2012, 06:53 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Glad you started a pregnancy journal, Lauren. I'll look forward to following your journey. Hoping for a super-sticky bean for you this time around. Have a fun weekend away!

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.
February 16th, 2012, 07:36 PM
Thank you so much Adrienne! I love reading yours and thought it would be a great way to remember everything during my pregnancy an be able to look back on it all!

So I took my first digital tonight and was thinking if I get a negative it's ok because my urine was super diluted and its super late in the day but this is what I got....

Woohoo!!

February 17th, 2012, 06:45 AM
Love the digi!
Mrs.Paradise and LWiegel like this.

February 21st, 2012, 01:09 PM
4 weeks and 6 days

I have definitely been doing better with being so tired these days. Last week I slept 2 hours a day 3 days in a row, but I think that was more to do with completely cutting caffiene out of my life. Today I am feeling slightly tired not too bad but my boobs are killing me!! And I'm wearing a sports bra!!! YIKES. I am kinda annoyed because I had my Hcg levels drawn yesterday and the lab people told me the results would be ready in the AM and still no word from my doctor. At 10:45 this morning I called 3 times in a row and they finally answered and told me a nurse would call me back with my results and it is 3 now and they close at 430! You would think since I have had 2 miscarriages this past year and am pregnant now they would call me ASAP with the results bc I am going crazy but still no word. I might give it until 330 and start blowing up their phone lines again This is annoying!!

February 21st, 2012, 05:58 PM
4weeks 6days

Got the results back. Blood was drawn at 4 weeks 5days and the first beta was 703. Progesterone was 7.8. So I am laying in bed with my new best friend Prometrium!! Go in for my second beta tomorrow but won't get the results back until Thursday. Hopefully that doubles so I'll get some good news!!

February 21st, 2012, 06:36 PM
Your hCG number is great! And so glad they got you on Prometrium right away. That's gotta be your ticket to a forever sticky BFP... and a baby in your arms in another 35 weeks.
Mrs.Paradise and LWiegel like this.

February 22nd, 2012, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by junie22 View Post
Your hCG number is great! And so glad they got you on Prometrium right away. That's gotta be your ticket to a forever sticky BFP... and a baby in your arms in another 35 weeks.
Thanks Adrienne. I am so worried but of course not trying to stress at the same time. I just got blood draws again but won't hear anything until tomorrow of course. Along w hcg and progesterone my gyn called the infertility dr she wants me to see when I get all my results back, he ordered Vit D, lupus antibodies, and cardiolipin to look at my clotting factors. If it is clotting factors I'll just be put on baby aspirin. I REALLY hope thia med works it will be completely devastating if we didnt catch it soon enough. But I hope we did. Nothing left to do but wait and be as healthy as possible!

February 25th, 2012, 01:14 PM
5 weeks & 3 days

Uh oh today I woke with a little nausea. Not only did I wake up with it but it has come and gone through out the day. I hope this is just a random thing and doesn't start happening more often! We shall see... Still haven't gotten my second beta results but I bet they will have them by Monday morning since I should have gotten them on Thursday!! I am hoping this means they are normal considering if they were not I think they have to report that to the md immediately.

February 25th, 2012, 03:45 PM
Sorry the nausea has arrived. You're at about the time that mine kicked in the first time. I had non-stop queasiness from 5.5 to 13.5 weeks. I only threw up once, though. All in all, it wasn't that bad for me. And I'm feeling a lot better now in the second trimester, though I do get waves from time to time.

Hoping yours won't be too bad and will be short-lived.

February 25th, 2012, 03:47 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations! That's a great first hCG! I'm glad you were able to get on the progesterone right away. Your husband becoming an OB/GYN can't help you get seen sooner? That stinks! I hope they caught your low progesterone in time and your second betas are great!

February 25th, 2012, 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belita View Post
Congratulations! That's a great first hCG! I'm glad you were able to get on the progesterone right away. Your husband becoming an OB/GYN can't help you get seen sooner? That stinks! I hope they caught your low progesterone in time and your second betas are great!
Thank you!! And yea he could I have just always gone to this gyn and the lab was right under her office. Also I know they are professionals and it wouldnt be weird to them but I personally just didn't want them to know yet bc of the previous 2 miscarriages I had this year. I would have to be logged into the computer and all that just fir blood tests and like next week he's gonna do an US and I can just pop in a room see if theres a heart beat and then I'll start using our "perks". Thanks for checking in on me!!! I miss you guys and stalk over there once in a while to see how yall are doing! I hope to be stalking your pregnancy soon!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by junie22 View Post
Sorry the nausea has arrived. You're at about the time that mine kicked in the first time. I had non-stop queasiness from 5.5 to 13.5 weeks. I only threw up once, though. All in all, it wasn't that bad for me. And I'm feeling a lot better now in the second trimester, though I do get waves from time to time.

Hoping yours won't be too bad and will be short-lived.
Yea it definitely stinks but hopefully I get lucky like you. I can deal a little w the nausea I just do not like throwing up at all! That's good it got better! Does the feeling of being constantly tired get better??? That's the hardest part for me so far. That and the gas!!! It is horrible!

February 25th, 2012, 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LWiegel View Post
Yea it definitely stinks but hopefully I get lucky like you. I can deal a little w the nausea I just do not like throwing up at all! That's good it got better! Does the feeling of being constantly tired get better??? That's the hardest part for me so far. That and the gas!!! It is horrible!
The tiredness does get better too. It honestly lasted about the whole first trimester for me, though. In the last week or so, I've started to get more energy and feel less tired in the afternoon. I do still want to go to bed at 8:00 every night though.

I actually didn't have gas too badly. I suffered from constipation terribly, though, and I still am, though it's not quite as bad as it was. Hope that's a symptom you DO NOT get.

February 26th, 2012, 04:40 AM
Lol me too and I'm sorry you're going through that!! We can just tell our sweet babies later and that's why they should mind us! Lol Thanks for the info! we haven't told our parents yet we will if we see a heart beat this coming weds/thurs so its nice to have someone to ask questions about what is going on!

February 26th, 2012, 09:04 AM
I can understand not wanting to use the perks yet. Hope you hear the heartbeat!

February 26th, 2012, 05:29 PM
5 weeks 4 days

It's official morning aka all day sickness has kicked in. Barf. I even took a ginger tablet and nothing! I couldn't eat anything even the smell of Wendy's natural cut fries which are the best ever made me want to puke. I sure hope this doesnt last forever. I have two tests tomorrow and one on thurs. Oh well anything for my bean! We better see a heart beat Friday that's all I'm saying haha. I found something I could eat but it is really random.. corn souffle!! I still wasn't able to eat much but I got some calories in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belita View Post
I can understand not wanting to use the perks yet. Hope you hear the heartbeat!
Thank you. We're doing the US Friday sometime after 1 so I'll have the results then!

February 27th, 2012, 01:40 PM
5 weeks 5 days

Got my bloodwork back!! So blood draw was Weds 2/22 and my 2nd beta was 1787 and my second progesterone was 13.5!!!! WOOHOO!!! So hcg doubling time is 35.7 hr and the progesterone went up from the 7.8 on Monday using Prometrium just Tuesday night!! I'm soo happy I would dance except I might throw up on myself with this "morning" sickness. I can't wait until Friday when I get to do my first US and hopefully see that heart beat!

February 27th, 2012, 04:04 PM
AMAZING news, Lauren! I am so very happy for you. Can't wait to hear how Friday goes.

March 1st, 2012, 09:32 AM
6 weeks 1 day

Today's symptoms still include the horrible nausea that decided to recently plague my days haha, fatigued (DH loves it when I look up at him and say this), sore breasts, and light cramping I'm guessing due to the gas. I have started taking a quarter of a B6 2x/day and a ginger supplement if the nausea doesn't want to stop. I think DH is just going to do the US on me today because I am constantly thinking about whether this will be my rainbow baby and it's really affecting me. I need to see the heartbeat. I just had 3 tests in one week and I am exhausted. Oh and now I have to work on a paper to have turned in by 9 am Saturday morning but I am working tomorrow from 630am to 4 pm. If I can pass the busiest semester of nursing school without my ADHD medication that I have been prescribed to since 5th grade (it's sooo bad) while working I will be so proud of myself. I passed all of my tests and had about 4 emotional breakdowns haha but I proved to myself I can do it. I also have a meeting with a psych doctor who works with obstectric patients at our hospital and he is going to talk to me about alternatives in medication and help me set up a study plan and just talk about all of my options so I don't feel like I am constantly drowning. I would rather not take any medications and look into natural ways to help increase my attention. I just don't want to do anything that will jeopordize my babies health. Will update later w US results!!! Nervously excited!!

March 1st, 2012, 09:59 AM
I hear you on the ADHD medications! I have ADHD myself and went off it to even get pregnant because the medication is so hard to get around here lately. I'm drowning at work, but tell myself it's ok because I do not plan to return next year. I made an appointment with a psychiatrist at Massachusetts General Hospital who specializes in women through pregnancy and breastfeeding to go over options and it doesn't sound like there is a whole lot she recommends for the ADHD besides Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, although I did get good recommendations for my depression. I hope you're able to figure out a solution! Especially since you can't take meds while breastfeeding either if you're planning to do that. It sucks because the doctor said that all the data they have about stimulants is for recreational drug users and not women who take it therapeutically, but they still don't prescribe for women who are pregnant or breastfeeding just because the data they do have is so negative. She said she has had some patients who had severe ADHD who she let stay on stimulants while pregnant and had healthy babies. I'd just rather not take the chance in the stimulant giving my baby ADHD if I can avoid it. Ya know? I even got permission to take the Ritalin while TTC but now I can't find any pharmacies who have it in stock!

Last edited by Belita; March 1st, 2012 at 10:02 AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search