Paradise HOOKER'S little nugget! due Oct!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree99Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 23rd, 2012, 03:31 PM
Mrs.Paradise's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know Im CRAZY!!! lol but I have thought long and hard on it... and even prayed about it... and feel comfortable with my decision... the hospital is like maybe 5 mins if that away... so it wont be too bad if something does go wrong! and Im meeting with my midwife tomorrow... I havent hired her yet... but Im going to meet with her and ask questions about all of the things I need answered! if I feel 100% comfortable with her then I will hire her... but I already have a really good feeling about her! shes also my SIL's midwife too! so thats who recommended her to me in the first place! Im SCARED S * * *less of the pain! lol and Im ALWAYS the first to say GIVE ME DRUGS! but I just feel like this is the best thing for me... so hopefully Im right! lol some good documentaries that I watched are:
born in America
and
the business of being born

those are GREAT! I love them! Im not saying home birth is fore EVERYONE ... because its NOT! and I never thought I would be doing it until a few years ago when the thought popped into my head... and it took me until now to actually make the phone call to meet with the midwife to be sure thats what I wanted to do this pregnancy! lol yeah Im CHICKEN!!! lol
April 23rd, 2012, 04:53 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good luck with that! I'm not sure a midwife would even attend a home birth for me if I wanted it because I live 1/2 hour (with no traffic) from the nearest hospital that knows something about babies.

April 23rd, 2012, 05:57 PM
Tammyms's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow Jess you're really going through with it! Eek!

Make a pregnancy ticker
April 23rd, 2012, 06:43 PM
PinkCloud's Avatar It's a girl!!!
Jess good luck tomorrow at your meeting with your potential midwife! I also am a wimp with pain so I had the epidural at 6 cm- didn't feel a thing lol. I did not like how it took so long for feeling to return though lol & I am going to try to go without an epi next time. Kup on your appt!!!
April 24th, 2012, 11:48 AM
Lex&angels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good luck with your meeting! You are so so brave! I couldn't do it at all! Are you going to rent one of those birthing pools?

April 24th, 2012, 12:30 PM
thanks girls...

Lex, yes Im going to rent one of those pools or whatever... I want a water birth!
Lex&angels likes this.
April 24th, 2012, 05:46 PM
Holy $%#! You amaze me girlee!!!
Mrs.Paradise likes this.

Make a pregnancy ticker
April 25th, 2012, 02:58 PM
Tammy!

I met with my midwife last night!!! and I LOVE HER!!! she is sooooooooooo AWESOME!!! she helped calm my fears and made me feel better about doing a home birth!!! she answered all of our questions and she even did the doppler so we could hear the baby's hb!!! apparently someone does not like the doppler!! lol the baby kept kicking it! and my midwife kept asking me "did you feel that?" and I would take a min and then say "nope... " lol I really wanted to feel the kicks but couldnt... lol so one of the things we talked about was what method I wanted to use or classes I wanted to take... Im going to go with hypnobabies rather then hypnobirthing... I like that hypnobabies has all of the hypnobirthing and then some! so I think that will be the best thing for me! I also LOVE that my midwife comes to me! its soooooooooooooo nice because then Mark doesnt have to take off work to come get me to take me to my doctors appointment since I dont drive... (I was in a bad accident and have anxiety every time I get in the car... not as bad with being a passenger... but still.. ) so it works out for us! lets see what else...

oh yeah! we are planning on getting our gender scan on May 12th!!! I cant WAIT!!! we are also going to do a gender reveal party and wait to find out with everyone else!!! Im super excited for that!!!
April 25th, 2012, 03:33 PM
DeepSouthMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
He he! Joseph hated the doppler as well and would kick it and/or run away from it. I didn't feel his kicks at first either but I could hear them. I was exactly 17 weeks when I realized I could really feel him kicking when I leaned forward and my belly pressed against my legs. (He did NOT like being smooshed. )
Mrs.Paradise likes this.

Michelle ~ Mommy to Joseph
April 25th, 2012, 04:14 PM
aww, that's so cute! Another girl has her midwife coming to do home visits, too! Can't wait to find out what you're having! That'll be an awesome first Mother's Day present for you!!!

April 25th, 2012, 07:15 PM
Can your midwife ease my mind too? Holy your gender scan is so quick!!!

I can't wait to meet you and baby!!!
Mrs.Paradise likes this.

Make a pregnancy ticker
April 25th, 2012, 07:20 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
What a fantastic appointment! I'm jealous that your MW comes to you. How neat!
Mrs.Paradise likes this.

April 26th, 2012, 12:24 AM
Lex&angels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wooo May 12 is going to be here sooo soon! I'm excited you'll know the gender already!
Mrs.Paradise likes this.

April 26th, 2012, 07:07 AM
I know I CANT wait to meet you either Tam!!! its going to be sooooooooooooooo much fun!!!

yeah it seems like this pregnancy has just FLOWN by! I cant believe Im already getting to the point of finding out what im going to have!!! so exciting!!! lots of fun things to look forward too!!!
April 27th, 2012, 01:00 AM
so its almost 2 am... and Im still awake! Im tired but I was laying in bed and just kept thinking about everything! I was thinking about what to do for the big gender reveal party. Im not sure about the cake, like where Im going to get one from and so on... but I was thinking do I do dinner and then cake? or just have everyone show up for cake? well then I was thinking well if we do dinner what should we do? so I thought about it and the first few ideas I had I decided was too much work then I came up with the PERFECT thing to do! and thats pulled pork sandwiches and bbq chicken sandwiches... since I dont like pork I would do bbq chicken for me! and then we could have potato salad and a green salad and chips... and then maybe some fruits and vegies and then the cake! I think that should be good! I just hope the weather is nice... because if its not then what? lol Im going to invite quite a few people so if it rains then we cant all fit in my house! lol so I guess I just have to pray for good weather! lol I just cant believe that I get to do this for me! its so crazy! but sooooooooooooo exciting! I just cant WAIT! ok thats about it... I had to tell someone my idea! lol since everyone is sleeping... lol
Mom2JDub likes this.
April 27th, 2012, 04:25 AM
DaniM0820's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand I'm hungry!

That is so exciting that you are planning a reveal party! I hope it turns out fabulously and I bet the weather will be GREAT!
Mrs.Paradise likes this.

April 27th, 2012, 10:15 AM
oops sorry I guess I should have warned all of you preggos! oh well! lol

thanks Dani! I really hope it is nice... its been really nice weather here the last few weeks... but then yesterday it started raining... and its cold... so hopefully we will just have a perfect day!!!
April 27th, 2012, 10:55 AM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Paradise View Post
YAY for getting your car seat!!! so awesome! I have no clue what to put on our registry! any tips?
I'm not going to lie, Jessica, it's a daunting process! One thing I've heard is don't register at Target because their return policy on registry items is horrible. It's nice to register at Babies 'R' Us because it's a store people can visit in person and has everything you need. Some items do tend to be pricier than at other places, so I did a lot of online comparison pricing before adding things to my registry. I had things in mind that I wanted to put on the registry before I went to the store. And on the BRU website, you can find a whole list of items that you might need to add. So that's a good starting point.

I also registered at Amazon.com because there is a wider selection, and things are generally less expensive. Since I have a lot of family and friends that don't live near us, I figured it didn't matter to register at a place where they can't actually see the products. And Amazon has free shipping on most items (over $25). I just made sure that I didn't put duplicate items on both the BRU and Amazon registries. Amazon also has a "starter" list, which makes adding things a little easier.

You definitely want to add things that you really need, but you also want to add some wish items as well. Both BRU and Amazon give you a 10% discount to "fulfill" your registry if there are any items left that people didn't buy for you. That's why I just added everything I thought I could possibly need. I think at BRU, they don't honor the fulfillment thing until the registry closes. I know that Amazon honors it starting 30 days out. I really like that because then you can buy all the last-minute items before the baby actually arrives, instead of after.

Sorry if that was information overload. I know you'll have fun registering, but it is quite a process, especially if you're like me and need to check consumer reviews and safety reviews regarding every product.
Mrs.Paradise likes this.

April 27th, 2012, 12:01 PM
good to know Adrienne! Im already scared for that process! lol its just a LOT of work!!! thanks for the great info!
April 27th, 2012, 06:57 PM
Sounds like you'll have a fun gender reveal party!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search