Jack's Rainbow Baby - EDD 10.12.12

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree38Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 5th, 2012, 05:50 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Glad you've posted again, and that you're feeling better! Yay for making it (almost) to the first trimester! Definitely something to about!

I would definitely encourage you to interact with your DDC more. I am learning a lot from the BTDT moms on the board, which is the biggest difference between there and here.

I wish I could tell you that the bloat feeling after eating gets better, but the truth is that it only gets worse! At 20 weeks, I can only eat small meals several times per day. I'm used to eating this way because I've never been a big meal eater. And when I was long distance running before TTC, I had to space out lots of little snacks throughout the day. However, now if I do decide to indulge and eat a big meal, I regret it for hours upon hours, not to mention the heartburn that comes with the bloating.

I just think about how lucky I feel to be pregnant and growing this life inside of me, and all the symptoms don't seem so bad anymore.

April 5th, 2012, 06:09 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so happy for you that you're feeling better and making it through the first trimester! I've always wanted to head to DC and see the cherry blossoms there, I can imagine it's much prettier in their native Japan.

I think it'd be good for you to interact with your DDC more.

I'm trying to rely on the little twinges and cramps to reassure me that things are growing down there since we can't feel the baby yet, too.

I'd love to see your pics, but understand the privacy. If you look at my pics I've blurred out my face. You could also crop out your face if you wanted. It took me a while to feel comfortable putting my name and DH's name on here, never mind a picture! I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way!

I miss you, but am glad you're doing so well! I was actually just stalking the October DDC to see if you've been more active there.

April 5th, 2012, 06:27 PM
HopeTea's Avatar Cautiously expecting #1
Yeah, I've been trying to be active on my DDC. It'll get a lot easier soon since we have hosts now and are in the process of organizing a chat. I hope it will become a close group like TTC #1!

April 5th, 2012, 06:32 PM
Did you know there is an app now so you can post from your phone? It's called Forum Runner!

April 5th, 2012, 07:29 PM
Yep! I actually told the TTC #1 ladies about it at the last chat! FINALLY!

April 8th, 2012, 06:35 PM
Funny thing happened over the weekend. I woke up on Saturday with a belly! I was in complete shock. I mean, for about a week or so, when my bladder was full or I'd had a larger meal, my stomach would stick out. I figured, OK, makes sense...there's gotta be less room in there now. But in the morning, my stomach was still normal. Well, it wasn't on Saturday! I really didn't know what to think...I actually wanted to cry! I don't know what I was thinking, but I kind of had it set in my mind that I wouldn't start showing until maybe 16-17 weeks! I've seen lots of "bump photos", and lots of the other petite ladies didn't start showing this soon! I felt so conflicted...like, does this mean I'm out of shape, or what?! I know I have a small torso (I'm high-waisted and just very compact in the middle ), but...I guess I'm still a bit shocked. I went to a restaurant with some friends last night and they noticed!

April 8th, 2012, 07:34 PM
Honey, you're in the second trimester! It's time to start flaunting that belly!!

April 8th, 2012, 07:43 PM
Just didn't expect it to be so sudden!

My MIL is taking me maternity clothes shopping this week or next. I'm sure as soon as I get used to this I'll be more excited...
Belita likes this.

April 8th, 2012, 08:11 PM
Everyone is different. I started showing WAY earlier than I expected as well. And I still feel like I'm way ahead of other first-time moms in my DDC. It bothers me a little, but I know that I'm doing things right. I'm not eating poorly, I'm exercising at least several times per week, and I'm doing everything I can to ensure that this baby is healthy. If it means I'll have a gigantic belly, so be it!

All I can say is let it go and embrace the bump!

April 8th, 2012, 10:02 PM
Yeah, I'm starting to feel "better" about it. I think I was just overwhelmed at first. You know it's gonna happen to you, but until it does, it seems far off into the future. Well, the future is now! Also, I was imagining it would be a gradual thing...like I'd barely notice the changes week to week.

Anyway, it IS a good thing. I feel so much more secure because I have proof that the baby is growing in there. I'm sure I'll adjust soon. DH is always a big help. When I showed him my belly on Saturday, he was really excited! I think he feels a lot better now that we seem to be in the "safe" zone.
Belita likes this.

April 15th, 2012, 03:47 PM
Crystallee's Avatar Host of the Dec 2012 PR
Thought I would wave and see how you are doing!

Thanks kiliki for my siggie!
April 18th, 2012, 12:35 AM
Thanks for stopping by, Crystal!

I haven't updated in awhile! I guess I have a hard time thinking of what to write lately! Maybe I should try writing something every day even if it's completely random. After all, being completely random comes pretty easy to me.

This Saturday we have our next appointment. I always always feel nervous before an appointment, even though I'm not even sure what I'm actually nervous about. I guess I'm hoping the baby will have grown a lot so I can stop worrying about it being small. But with all that, I know that even if it's a little on the small side, it doesn't necessarily matter. I suppose you could call this the one downfall of having lots of ultrasounds - some people might worry more than they need to about things that could be completely normal, just most people don't even know about it.

I'll be 15 weeks and 1 day for this appointment, so I'm extra excited to see the baby! It is going to actually look like a baby! I always feel so much better after seeing it. I like the periodic reassurance that it's still in there.

My belly continues to surprise me, even though I think I'm finally getting used to it. It hasn't gotten dramatically bigger since 13 weeks or anything, but it's definitely growing. I'm actually excited about it now.

I think I'm still about the same with morning sickness - it's definitely on its way out. I occasionally feel nauseous if I go too long without eating or eat something that doesn't agree with me, but mostly I'm OK. I've been walking, shopping, cooking - doing a lot of the things I wasn't able to do for awhile. I still get tired easily, and that energy boost can come any day now please.

I had a pretty rough time in my DDC today, so I've decided to spend more time over here. Both posting in this journal, and also in the general graduates board. I hope it will gradually become more active! The vibe over here is just so much different, and I've gotten to know the TTC#1 ladies a lot better than anyone in my DDC, even though I wasn't in either place all that long.

Hope everyone is well!

April 18th, 2012, 08:31 PM
I'm glad you're getting excited about your belly now. I can't wait for your update after your appt this weekend! That's great your OB does appts on weekends so your husband can go.

I hope you don't give up on your DDC, but am glad you're wanting to spend more time here!

April 18th, 2012, 08:36 PM

April 19th, 2012, 06:00 AM
I said I would try to post every day, so here goes!

This afternoon I took a refreshing three hour nap during which I had positive dreams about going into labor. Everything was going smoothly and I was handling it so well! Woke up feeling really good!

Then I went and bought a delicious bagel sandwich that was made up of a tofu burger, pesto-type sauce, tomato & lettuce. It was DELICIOUS. I also bought three macaroons - chocolate, citrus and green tea. About to tuck into those now!

Was a good day, and I didn't stress about my appointment on Saturday at all!
Mom2JDub likes this.

April 19th, 2012, 07:56 PM
This morning I decided to make an veggie, egg & cream cheese sandwich instead of eating something more "immediate". Big mistake! I threw up for the first time in a couple weeks! I definitely need to eat something right away when I get up. Lesson learned! ...again. Felt fine after that, though. In fact, it made me feel less nervous about my appointment tomorrow. So oddly enough I didn't mind.

Tomorrow after we leave the clinic, we are going back to the recycle shop near there. Since I found a few things last time, I hope I'll get lucky
again! Especially because now I'm actually starting to need maternity clothes. I can fit into all my regular clothes, but I wouldn't call it comfortable. Also, I'm hoping we will go to a restaurant called Freshness Burger that has really good veggie & tofu burgers. Yum!

I'm so obsessed with food lately. Thinking about it all the time. I think it's good because it's getting me to crave and eat a good variety of foods. Can't wait until I can start upping my calories a little. Trying not to until I really feel like my current intake isn't enough, though. So far I feel fine eating normally just more spread out. To be honest I'm a little scared of getting scolded by my doctor, but I think so far I'm doing good. By now I'm "allowed" to have gained up to 1.5kg, and I'm still under that thanks to the bit I lost early on. I'm trying not to focus on it, and I think I'll stop once we get accepted at the birth center we want to use.

Which brings me to that! We have already made some decisions about the birth I guess I will share here little by little. First, we are planning a natural birth at a birth center about three stations from here. They offer water birth which I'm also hoping to do. We can't make an initial appointment there until we've seen an outside doctor for 15-20 weeks to make sure all looks good and low-risk. Today is 15 weeks, so I'm hoping we will be setting that up soon! That will be a weight off my shoulders to know everything is basically in place for the birth. I'm really excited!

Guess that's it for now! Hope everyone has an excellent weekend!

April 19th, 2012, 08:20 PM
Hope you're able to get into the birth center that you want! Very exciting to start thinking about these kinds of things.

April 20th, 2012, 01:24 AM
Thanks, Adrienne! And yes, definitely exciting to think about the fun stuff! Makes it all feel so much more real!

April 20th, 2012, 08:06 AM
That's exciting!! You're much braver than me to go for a natural birth!!

April 21st, 2012, 02:29 AM
Just wanted to say my appointment went well. I'll do a more thorough update tomorrow or Monday. I'm completely exhausted!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search