Jack's Rainbow Baby - EDD 10.12.12

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree38Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 15th, 2012, 02:16 AM
HopeTea's Avatar Cautiously expecting #1
I said in my TTC journal that I was finally ready to move over the Graduates. That was several days ago. I guess it was easier said than done! For the past few weeks I've been very inactive online. I feel like I'm either sick, in need of a nap, or wanting to get something done during those rare moments I'm feeling normal. Not a lot of time left for journals or keeping up with everyone. But this is really important, so I'm going to try harder from now on.

Just a little background, DH and I first started TTC at the end of November 2011. We conceived our first cycle, but ended up having an early miscarriage at just over 6 weeks. My body regulated itself pretty quickly after that, and we again managed to conceive right away. Today I am 9 weeks 6 days, and so far this time everything is going really well. I've had two appointments already, one at 7 weeks and another at 9. At the 9 weeks appointment we were able to see a heartbeat and some movement. That's when the whole pregnancy became real for me, and my optimism has been rising steadily this week. I've had no spotting or cramping at all, and I really believe this LO is here to stay! Still, I'll feel a lot better once we are out of the first trimester!

My very first symptom with both pregnancies was breast tenderness. It should have clued me in right away as I've never had that before (at least not since puberty). At just before 6 weeks I started getting morning sickness pretty bad, and I'll admit to spending an awful lot of time in bed. I also take naps in the afternoon most days. I get tired really easily and have noticed my muscles get sore just from walking around town a couple days in a row. Not that that's happening a whole lot lately. But all the little symptoms here and there really are nothing compared to the morning sickness, and I can't wait until it eases up!

Several dpo, I had the most vivid baby dream I have ever had in my life. It was also the first dream I could clearly see my baby's face. It was a boy, and he was beautiful. I am not a believer in dreams as premonition or anything like that, but I would love to believe that what I saw was my baby. We are really hoping for a boy, but most of my prior baby dreams were either of girls, or babies of indeterminate sex (not hermaphrodites, just it wasn't clear to me in the dream if it was a boy or girl). Although I have no real reason to think so aside from intuition, I kind of think it's a boy! Of course we will be happy either way, but I wanted to record my thoughts just for fun.

I guess this is pretty good for an opening entry. I will try to update regularly, but if I don't, just assume I'm laying in bed trying not to toss my cookies.

March 15th, 2012, 08:43 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
for starting a journal! I'm so glad you feel comfortable moving over to grads. Can't wait to follow you through your pregnancy!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
March 15th, 2012, 09:07 AM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Glad you finally started a grads journal!

March 15th, 2012, 10:07 AM
JandJC's Avatar #2 due in April!
Congrats Jack! So happy you are preg. with your rainbow baby! I look forward to following your journey!

March 15th, 2012, 03:38 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so glad you finally felt comfortable posting a grads journal! Grow, baby, grow!!! (but please stop making Mommy toss her cookies. See, we like her here and want to enjoy her while we can!)

March 21st, 2012, 12:46 AM
Hi.

Still having a rough time of it, but I'm noticing my window of "functional" time in the afternoon is ever so slightly increasing. I think it might be because I've made more of an effort to get up and out lately. Walking, talking on the phone, sitting upright...you know, the hard stuff. This past weekend DH and I got out of the house as well, so I got a good amount of fresh air. Tuesday was also a holiday here (for the first day of spring), so really I've gotten out a LOT the past several days.

Having some functional moments has left me a bit overwhelmed at times, though. I'm just now realizing how out of the loop I've been for months. I'm involved with some things on YouTube which have been put off since October, I've been having to refuse plans with friends/acquaintances left & right without being able to offer a good explanation (have only told family and closest of friends about the pregnancy so far), and...well, really I haven't done much of anything but try to get/stay pregnant for months! I guess it's all just part of the process.

There's also an interesting coincidence I discovered a couple days ago. I've been craving Corn Flakes for a few weeks now (I use the term craving lightly - it's one of the only things I can usually eat even when I feel bad, and it's one of the only foods I kind of enjoy), even though the last time I had it before getting pregnant was a LONG time ago. I mentioned it to my mom and she told me Corn Flakes was her main craving when she was pregnant with ME! Isn't that a bit strange? Feel free to spin any crazy theories you might have about this.

Our next appointment is this Saturday. I can't remember if I even talked about the last one! Anyway, this time we'll get my blood results and do another ultrasound. I didn't think I'd be nervous this time since last time went so well and we saw the heartbeat and the movement, but naturally the closer it gets, I start getting nervous! I think it's unavoidable. But at least my nervousness is more reality-based now. I'm no longer afraid the scan is going to suddenly show a completely empty uterus.

March 23rd, 2012, 02:08 AM
Our next appointment is tomorrow! I'm nervous as always, but excited to see the baby again.

I feel pretty confident that everything is still going well because my morning sickness is actually getting worse. I've been throwing up every day, and yesterday it was FOUR times. It was the worse day EVER. I've also started getting headaches or migraines every day. I am REALLY hoping I won't have the experience my mom had. She had a migraine for MONTHS when she was pregnant with me. I think it was the last several months of the pregnancy. I certainly don't want something like THAT to look forward to!

A couple times I've had to have a little pity party for myself. I've had some moments where I feel really weak and pathetic for feeling so crappy when some pregnant women carry on with normal life with only minimal discomforts. Some people have to keep up with full-time jobs, other children, etc, and then here I am...and I even feel guilty for complaining! I really am happy, I promise!

Other than all that, I'm doing fine and don't have a whole lot to report.

My 12 week point will be March 31, I think...so I've decided to tell more people about the pregnancy on April Fool's Day. What perfect timing to make a big announcement!

March 23rd, 2012, 07:30 AM
I hope your appt goes well! I hope your migraines ease up. A woman at work was telling me that she didn't get any migraines while pregnant, and she's someone who gets migraines a lot.

I also hope your morning sickness eases up. Some women do get hyperimesis while pregnant and maybe you're one of them. With how it works over here a lot of women get a medication to help them feel better when they have morning sickness that bad. I hope the morning sickness easing up after the first trimester holds true for you!

I wonder how many people will think you're joking if you announce on April Fool's Day!

March 24th, 2012, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopeTea View Post
My 12 week point will be March 31, I think...so I've decided to tell more people about the pregnancy on April Fool's Day. What perfect timing to make a big announcement!
That's awesome!

March 24th, 2012, 06:09 PM
The appointment went well. All my blood-work came back normal, and the baby was moving around like it had just had an espresso shot! It's measuring a little small (this is only MY assessment), but the doctor didn't seem a bit worried and said everything looked good. Now that we're at this point, my appointments will go to once a month until the third trimester. That means I'll be 15 weeks next time! Sounds crazy...I can't even imagine being 15 weeks! I'm sure the baby will look dramatically different in four weeks time. I've been lazy about posting the pics, but I'll get them all up at some point.

After the appointment we walked around for awhile and came across a recycle shop that had some maternity clothes for really cheap. It was the first one we'd found, so we went in and bought a couple things. Unfortunately it's really mostly stuff I'd wear around the house and not out, but finding one gave us hope of finding more. In fact, DH found that there's one not far from our house that we didn't know about. We might check it out today.

I'm still trying to get out of the house more. The fresh air helps with the morning sickness, but I feel so exhausted afterward! It also seems like I start getting a headache once I'm back at home, and those are turning into migraines more often than not. Needless to say, the migraines exacerbate the morning sickness, and it's just not pretty. DH is such a great help, though. I never even expected him to be so helpful and understanding. That's not to say I thought he'd be trouble or anything, but he has just really surprised me. He does everything he can to make me feel better. It makes a huge difference in how I feel and deal with all the struggles. He makes things immeasurably easier on me.

I'm getting nervous about my April Fools Day announcement! I wish I had one more week! Waiting until 12 weeks felt like forever, but now that it's only a week away...well, at least time is really flying! It can keep on flying, I'm OK with that. Fly me to 15 weeks, please!

Oh! One very "interesting" difference between the US and Japan. We've all read how the average woman should gain 25-35 lbs, more if you're underweight, less if you're overweight. Well, here the weight limits are pretty strict! How much you're "allowed" to gain varies by doctor, but it's usually much less than the US recommendation. Just to give an example, yesterday my Dr. told me to be careful not to gain more than 8kg (about 17 lbs) throughout the pregnancy! I'm planning to keep my weight gain on the lower end, but health is the top priority, and I'm definitely not going to work at keeping my weight gain under 17 lbs! What if all the products of pregnancy weight more than that? Do I have to diet? Because I'm pretty sure that's the last thing you should be doing while pregnant. I already kinda feel like I've been on a diet with all this morning sickness...

Anyway, I just wanted to mention that. It's a little stressful, but we've decided to aim for whatever is healthy and deal with the backlash if I go past the 8kg limit. So far my gain is like -1.5kg so I won't have to cross that bridge for awhile.

March 24th, 2012, 11:13 PM
I think that's odd that doctors recommend no more weight gain than 17 pounds. Without extra fat stores, which are recommended, you will gain 20 pounds just from the baby, placenta, amniotic fluid, blood, breasts, and uterus. Here's a good link.

March 25th, 2012, 09:26 AM
That is low. I think you have a good attitude about it. Can't wait for the latest pics!

March 25th, 2012, 04:30 PM
Thanks for the link, Adrienne. I have a similar breakdown in one of my pregnancy books. It's definitely odd. But like I said, we are basically going to ignore my "limit" and do whatever is healthy for me and the baby. That's what's most important to us. We can deal with scolding if it comes to that, but a healthy baby will make any struggle worth it!

I will get the pics up someday before the baby is born, guaranteed!

I am trying to stay away from the PC as much as possible lately. I think walking during the day is really starting to help me, so I'm trying to make that my highest priority. Even though a lot of the time all I really wanna do is lay in bed, I'm trying SO hard to make this phase more bearable. Yesterday DH & I walked for almost four hours! I was SO exhausted after that, but the payoff was worth it! I was able to eat a salad (vegetables, guys! Inside me!), a tiny bit of rice wrapped in seaweed, and a piece of tamagoyaki (it's grilled egg, but like an omelet made with layers of cooked egg & some sugar or soy sauce. It has a very light taste, not very "eggy", which is why I was able to even consider it. I haven't had any egg since I was like 5 weeks pregnant) for dinner! It was like a real dinner! I was very excited.

I did do one "bad" thing, though...I had a Dr. Pepper. I don't know what's with me, but I have been getting the occasional craving for soda. Not a good habit to start! I think letting myself have the occasional ginger ale has been a gateway drug! But I'm going to try not to go down that path. I think guilt will keep me off it.

March 25th, 2012, 05:40 PM
I'm glad you're starting to feel better! My take on it for me is that I have to force myself during the work week to be up and moving around, I'll let myself be a sloth on the weekends if it's what I want.

March 27th, 2012, 08:17 PM
I felt pretty good yesterday! I was even able to be productive for once! To top it all off, I made DH a chicken stir-fry, which apparently came out really good! Felt great to actually do something! I wasn't completely nausea-free, but as long as I kept up with my eating, it was bearable.

Of course a part of me is thinking, "uh oh...something must be wrong...". But I'm doing my best to suppress it. It's weird...I was feeling really confident for awhile, but now that I'm nearing 12 weeks...I'm getting worried again! Emotionally, much of this process makes no logical sense.

I'm feeling really guilty for having another Dr. Pepper and another ginger ale this week. I'm not even a soda person, but the craving has been hitting me so hard! I planned on zero caffeine, but it's turning out to be small doses of caffeine here and there. It's never been enough to "feel" it, and I look up the mg amounts online...so I hope I'm safe. Sure, the scientific community is still out on the effects of minimal amounts of caffeine, but I feel bad that I've given in at all. Then again, totally depriving yourself without strong evidence doesn't make the most sense either. I mean, look at all the things some people say you should and shouldn't have - in general but especially in pregnancy. So...I'm trying to keep it very minimal and not beat myself up too bad. But here's my guilty rambling paragraph anyway.

Not much else to report! Hope everyone else is doing great!
Belita likes this.

March 28th, 2012, 07:58 AM
Your nausea should be easing up. You're almost through the first trimester!!!!!

I planned on eating a lot better, too, but now my plan is just to deal with the nausea and get through the first trimester the best I can and focus on the healthy eating when morning sickness is gone. I also think it can be counter-productive to deprive yourself.

March 28th, 2012, 09:14 AM
I just think about how much more we "know" now than our parents did. And I can tell you that my mom didn't deprive herself of things like deli meat and caffeine, and all three of us girls turned out fine. Sometimes I think we end up being overly cautious, and I am the worst offender. Especially during the first trimester, I didn't want to do a darn thing wrong. When my doctor actually recommended that I have some caffeine for an ultrasound, I started thinking a little differently. It's all about moderation and also what makes you and baby happy.

March 28th, 2012, 11:03 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
I just have to thank you again for "cake wrecks". It has, as you promised, provided HOURS of entertainment!!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
April 2nd, 2012, 04:59 PM
Did you announce yesterday? How are you doing?

April 5th, 2012, 04:33 PM
Once again it's been awhile! But this time, for good reasons! Well, what I mean is, I've been feeling a lot better! Especially yesterday, I had this burst of energy! I made dinner, got stuff done around the house, was super productive! It was like I was supercharged! Feeling a bit of that left over today as well. Hoping it sticks around! I could get used to this!

Also...today I'm 13 weeks! So I can go ahead and say I've made it to the second trimester (even though I think it's technically 13 weeks 3 days or something - but who cares)!

As far as how I'm feeling...I feel lots of little twinges and stretches. While it used to freak me out early on, at this point it actually reassures me things are happening in there. From two weeks or so ago, I started to notice if my bladder was full or I ate a big meal, my stomach would get really big. This past week the effect has continued, getting a bit more dramatic. Now, even a medium-sized meal will have me feeling a bit...fluffy? It's dramatic enough that DH and I were surprised the first time we felt it. It's kind of an uncomfortable phase, since it basically just makes me look fat in the middle, not quite pregnant. But at least it's not all the time!

I haven't started taking photos yet. Some people start from the very beginning, but I don't want to take photos where I just look normal or bloated. I'll wait til I see something that slightly resembles a bump, and start weekly from there. Not sure whether or not I'll share, just because I'm a pretty private person. I might even move some of this stuff to my DDC, but I'm not sure. Maybe there are more people to interact with over there.

Hmm...what else...well, my next appointment is in two weeks. It's not too far away but it's still hard to imagine since I'll be 15 WEEKS at that point...really really hard to believe. I can't wait to see the baby again. I hope it's OK in there.

I had such strong feelings about it being a boy at first, but now I have NO strong feelings. Makes me think maybe it's a girl. Still hoping for a boy, but I'm trying to mentally prepare myself for if it were a girl, and working to convince myself I could handle it.

I'm sure there's a lot more I could add, but I'll end this here. Sorry I'm so bad at regularly posting, but I'm getting out of the house a lot and trying to enjoy my newly reduced morning sickness! Also, it's cherry blossom season! The time of year everyone enjoys flower viewing. People gather in parks and other areas where there are cherry blossoms, and drink and eat and enjoy time with friends & family. I might be going to one hanami (flower-viewing) party tomorrow for YouTube, but I'm a little worried since I've never gone sober before! Also, it's pretty much guaranteed some people will be smoking, though I guess it's not too hard to get away from it in an open air environment.

Hope everyone is doing great!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search