Robyn's Radiant Rainbow! EDD 11/18/12

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree512Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 19th, 2012, 10:36 AM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Sounds like you had a great first appointment! I think it's a good idea to wait until the latter part of next week to get your u/s. It would really wreck you if your baby was right on the cusp of developing a heartbeat and you went too early and couldn't see it. And I say that whatever helps you to relax during the critical first trimester is for the best, so yay for Prometrium!

March 19th, 2012, 11:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
It sounds like things are progressing well for you Robyn, yay for passing your loss point!

i wish i had to worry about the AC here lol, the sun has been out today but i still need a cardigan to keep warm inside!

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

March 19th, 2012, 01:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yay, Robyn! What a fantastic second beta! Your numbers are amazing.
I'm glad you had a great appointment and that it went so much better than the first one on your m/c pregnancy.
And you made it past your loss-point. Hooorray for that! I can imagine you feel much better about this pregnancy now.
I agree with your doctor about the late u/s. It would create needless worry and stress if you can't see the heartbeat because the u/s was done too early. And even then, don't worry if it's not very high. You'll be around 7 weeks, right? It'll pick up and get much stronger around 8 weeks!

It's great your doctor gave in and prescribed you the progesterone supps. Rather safe than sorry, I always say. And progerstone supps can't harm you or the baby, so why not?!

And yea, 2nd trimester starts on mother's day for you? What a coincidence! What an ambiguous gift, soon-to-be momma

my little love bug Savina Celestiale arrived 10/16/12 measuring 6lb 5oz, 20 inches
March 19th, 2012, 02:43 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lav View Post
And yea, 2nd trimester starts on mother's day for you? What a coincidence! What an ambiguous gift, soon-to-be momma
ambiguous gift?

Thanks, ladies! I'm thinking of trying to schedule the ultrasound for Friday of next week. That'd put me at 6 weeks 5 days getting the ultrasound. I think that'll be good because if there is a heartbeat it's a nice way to start the weekend and if there isn't we have the weekend to be upset and prepare ourselves. Hopefully the latter won't happen, though!

I'm so excited to start the Prometrium tomorrow! I wish my pharmacy had it in stock, but oh, well. I'll get it tomorrow on my way home from work.

March 19th, 2012, 03:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Baby is getting his or her first mom's day gift to you It's your start of being a mommy. It's not just a gift for being a mother soon, it's a gift for being a mother already. Because you will be

hmmm was that more understandable?

my little love bug Savina Celestiale arrived 10/16/12 measuring 6lb 5oz, 20 inches
March 19th, 2012, 04:04 PM
yeah, but the word ambiguous just doesn't make sense there. At least not with the definition I know! I know ambiguous as meaning "unclear." That's what threw me off. I think of it as an awesome Mother's Day gift!

March 19th, 2012, 04:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
ambiguous also means "to have two or more meanings" ... at least in literature

March 19th, 2012, 05:15 PM
yeah, I know that, just have always related it to lack of clarity. Not my first though that comes to mind is all.

I think baby is like Mommy and doesn't like veggies much. I was eating some steamed veggies tonight and had to take a break because I felt nauseous.

March 19th, 2012, 07:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
oh, sorry I confused you

Either way, it's great you begin your 2nd trimester on mother's day. It's a good sign

March 20th, 2012, 10:11 AM
-Brandy-'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Robyn I just caught up on your journal (I forgot to visit since it wasn't in the November journals until I saw your comment on mine!) Anyway, now I really really want Red Robin....you may have just set off my first craving!

So glad you are passed your loss point and I can't wait until you have your ultrasound and can be assured things are progressing nicely!

A BIG thank you to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!

March 20th, 2012, 02:13 PM
Thanks, Brandy! I seem to have set off a whole bunch of Red Robin cravings!

5 Weeks 2 Days

I got my third betas today! hCG went up to 6,634 and progesterone went down to 13.79. I'm so glad I got the doctor to prescribe Prometrium yesterday! I'm also so glad I had them add the progesterone to the lab order last week! I would not want to find out if I would have had another loss if I didn't do this. I will make sure to do this every time I'm pregnant just in case. I was surprised by how the Prometrium looks! Originally I was picturing a suppository that looks like a Monistat suppository. Then when the nurse called and said it was an oral capsule that I'd take vaginally, I was picturing a regular pill. Here's what it looks like for those who have never seen Prometrium before:

My hCG is right where it needs to be at this point! It's actually still doubling ahead of schedule at 45.91 hours when it's expected to be doubling every 72 hours once it's above 1,200 (thanks, Brandy, for this link: hCG Level in Early Pregnancy | BabyMed.com) I was worried that it wasn't still at doubling every 29 hours, but then Brandy found this link and I remembered my doctor said something about expecting doubling every 72 hours at our appt yesterday and I just brushed that comment aside.

Today was 80°F today! That's unheard of for this time of year around here. It was awful at work today! Of course the heat is still on because we usually need it! The kids were taking state testing and I had to monitor the hallways. I ended up asking for someone to cover for me so I could go cool down because I was getting too hot. Nobody covered for me and then I asked someone else (my supervisor) and she said she had to bring a student to the gym and asked if I wanted to do that for my break. Um...I can try, but that's not going to cool me down. I brought the student to the gym (which involves going outside) and then went and sat down in the vice-principal's office with the crossbreeze to cool down. While I was sitting in there, I was apparently sitting with my hands on my belly. A teacher came in looking for the vice-principal and asked me if I was okay. I said I was and she just kept looking at me funny. Then she asked me if I was pregnant. It was then that I realized how my hands were! I was too shocked she just came out and asked me to lie so I ended up telling her and just swore her to secrecy. She was excited for me and completely understood me wanting to hide out and cool down!

I also should mention that we get to hear Bowie's heartbeat next Thursday!!! My ultrasound is at 1:00. DH is going to take a half-day from work so he can come, too. I can't wait!! I'm nervous about blighted ovum or not hearing the heartbeat, but I'm trying to put those out of my mind.

We started looking at names last night and it was just as I feared. It's going to take a while! DH wanted to shoot down names for things like a cousin he hasn't seen since he was 20 has the same name, or our next door neighbor's daughter who we only see in passing has that name! No way am I ruling out names for that! We're in for a long road. I'm glad we have a deadline!

Right now I'm trying to just focus on the excitement of seeing my little rainbow next week!!!

Last edited by Belita; March 20th, 2012 at 02:17 PM.
March 20th, 2012, 02:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
yay, I wish you the best for the coming u/s It'll be a marvelous sight!

March 20th, 2012, 06:48 PM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
Yay! Sounds like everything is going good! I can't wait for an update on your u/s next week!

It was 80 here today too! Craziness!

Forever missing my angel 2010

March 21st, 2012, 12:22 AM
HopeTea's Avatar Cautiously expecting #1
I hope you'll get to see a heartbeat and everything at the first u/s! That should help put you at ease a lot! When I had my first u/s at 7 weeks 1 day, the baby was still too small to see a heartbeat.

I'm also glad you got your medicine! It's so exciting to see everything going well for you this time! Hope I didn't miss any other major news, I had to skip over all the burger posts...didn't want to puke on my laptop!

Also, I have to say I'm envious of the 80 degree weather. Very, very envious. I'm ready for the heat!

March 21st, 2012, 06:07 AM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
So glad you're on the Prometrium! And that despite decreasing progesterone, your hCG looks awesome.

The name thing... yeah, my DH was the same way, especially when it came to boy names. I was annoyed at the time, but now we have such a short list, it won't be too hard to decide.

March 21st, 2012, 06:19 AM
Thanks, Elli and Dawn!

Jack, I don't think you missed anything important. Maybe just that I'll enter my second trimester on Mother's Day and that'll be a great gift! I can't believe you're almost out of the first trimester!!!

Adrienne, glad my husband isn't the only one like that. He did try to rule out one of my favorite boy names ever (Micah) and I begged him to leave it on the table and see if he can come around to it, especially since we won't know the gender for a couple of more months. My goal is to get a short list of about 5 names for each gender before we find out what the baby is and then take it from there. I'd still like a backup because I've heard of people changing their mind about the name when the baby is born because they don't think it fits. We'll see. We have plenty of time!
LWiegel likes this.

March 21st, 2012, 11:24 AM
-Brandy-'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Robyn I am so glad that link was helpful for you- it was one of the few I found that breaks hcg down by day during the early weeks. I am so glad I work from home because I definitely think I would end up outing myself sooner than planned! It's hard enough working from home and not telling people when I talk to them much less if I were in person with them!

A BIG thank you to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!

March 21st, 2012, 05:35 PM
5 weeks 3 days

My boobs have never been so sore in my entire life!!!! I'll take it if it means I get a baby come November, but I thought my boobs hurt badly when I was pregnant before and that was nothing! Before it hurt, but mostly when they were squished. This time it feels like I have knives digging in even if I'm just sitting or laying down on my back. I'm really noticing veins now. They look a bit like a road map!

I hope my Prometrium is helping. I hear it works quickly, so I bet it is. I've taken two doses so far and will take my third dose before going to bed. I don't sem to have any side effects so far, which I was concerned about.

Our house reeks of moth balls! Well, I guess it probably doesn't really reek of mothballs, but I'm just noticing it now with my new sense of smell. We were having a problem with flying squirrels getting into the house so DH put some moth balls in the attic and some steel wool to keep them out. I remember smelling the moth balls when he first put them in a few months ago, but then haven't noticed it. The past two days I've been able to smell it throughout the house. I love the smell of moth balls, though, so it doesn't bother me! I know. I'm weird. I also love the smell of toll booths.

I don't like the smell of the factory across the street from school. They're burning something that we have no idea what it is, but it smells awful and none of us think it's healthy to inhale (although they have to do air quality and soil quality testing at our school and it's passed, we're wondering if they've ever tested on a day this burning is going on!). There are many theories on what this is. We've heard walnuts (we think that's rubbish), packing peanuts, silica gel, and a fireman told us it was metal. We think it's one of the last three. People have had healthy babies who have worked at our school, so I'm feeling like Bowie will be okay, but it's a horrible smell and it made me really nauseous today. I think it happens about once or twice a month. At least tomorrow they're supposed to turn on the AC. I think they're only turning it on so early because tomorrow's another state testing day, but we'll take it! It'll probably be too cold again next week.

Last edited by Belita; March 21st, 2012 at 05:37 PM.
March 21st, 2012, 09:15 PM
HopeTea's Avatar Cautiously expecting #1
Flying squirrels?! Wow! Are they as territorial as regular squirrels? I've heard them growl before and it's kinda scary coming from such a cute little animal! There are squirrels here, but most people I know have never seen one (and neither have I)! They aren't just wandering around like they do in a lot of the US.

The more I hear people discussing names and such, I feel pretty grateful that my DH is pretty laid-back about names. I feel like it's 90% my choice - that unless it's something he really hates, he'll agree with whatever I want.

I think it's great Mother's Day will have an extra special significance for you. Do we get flowers or presents this year or do we have to wait until the babies are actually born?

March 22nd, 2012, 05:42 PM
Jack, I am totally pulling for a Mother's Day gift for us! I think it counts! I plan to get something for DH for Father's Day if I'm still pregnant, so why not us? Now for a subtle way to let DH know about this plan...

5 weeks 4 days

One week until my ultrasound!!! I'm going back and forth between excited and petrified.

Last night I played up my nausea to get the bed to myself. I told DH I was feeling nauseous and he may not want to sleep in the same bed as me. I got the best night's sleep I've gotten in a week! I won't do that all the time, but I will admit I may do that sometimes as I really do sleep poorly with him in the bed now that I'm further into this pregnancy.

Yesterday with the heat I wore a skirt to work. I'm regretting it today. I've never had this happen to me before, but I have huge chafing burns on the inside of my thighs!!! I've heard the skin gets more sensitive during pregnancy (and actually feel it, too. I don't like the feeling of the seatbelt on my chest if the shirt I'm wearing is low enough) but this is such an owie!! I'm putting Vaseline on them to help, but picture trying to walk or wear pants with a sunburn on the inside of your thighs. And your thighs touch. That's what this feels like. I sure hope it heals soon!

Other than that I'm feeling about the same. Hunger is increasing so I need to manage that so I'm not gaining too much weight. I'd like to keep myself on the lower end of weight gain since I'm already heavier than I've ever been to begin with. I'm not going to beat myself up about it if it doesn't work since stress is just as unhealthy as a little too much weight gain.

That's about it for tonight. A girl at work, who has a similar taste in books to me, recommended I read The Hunger Games so I started that today. I'm afraid I may stay up too late tonight while trying to finish reading it! I've been trying to go to bed at around 9 lately, and it's 8:40 now. I'm 3/4 through so we'll see what happens. At least I'll just have to make it through one day of work if I stay up too late.

Sorry I'm not getting to check in much here today. I'm so invested in my book! I'll catch up with everyone later.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search