Robyn's Radiant Rainbow! EDD 11/18/12

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree512Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 23rd, 2012, 01:22 AM
HopeTea's Avatar Cautiously expecting #1
I read the Hunger Games series earlier this year. Some of those young adult books are very good! I've been kind of irritated with people here claiming it's a ripoff of the Japanese work Battle Royale, when there have actually been several similar stories here and there in our lifetime (not to mention the historical connection to the gladiators and other brutal practices which influenced the Hunger Games according to the author herself, and also probably many of the others). Why do people always need to claim things?! Rant over.

I think I've only gained half a kg so far, but I'm kinda worried about tomorrow's appointment because today I kinda went crazy! I was feeling well enough to develop a sudden desire for french fries, so I walked to McDonalds and ended up getting some PLUS a cherry shake. No idea what got into me!

March 23rd, 2012, 08:29 AM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
Hi Robyn! I was just catching up on your journal. I can't wait to read more about your appt next week. I'm so glad that your MD put you on prometrium. I can't wait to see pics of your rainbow baby!

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

March 23rd, 2012, 05:40 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Jack, nothing is purely an original idea anymore, but you're right, it is crazy! Glad you felt well enough to eat!

Thanks, Nicholle!

5 weeks 5 days

Morning sickness has arrived. I felt queasy all day, but got home from workand felt really tired so laid down. Sleep has been seeming to ease my nausea, but before I could fall asleep, I lost my food for the day. I hope this isn't the start of daily throwing up. I can take nausea, but hate throwing up (although I'm sure everyone does)! I slept from about 4pm until 8pm. Still tired and nauseous, so I maygo back to sleep soon. DH brought me some saltines and water to try to est and so far I've held that down. I haven't taken my fish oil yet today but don't think I'll chance it. At least it held off until after work!

I finished the firstbook in The Hunger Games lastnight and am looking forward to starting the second!

March 23rd, 2012, 06:28 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Sorry m/s has arrived. I hope it's short-lived for you.

March 24th, 2012, 08:06 AM
Thanks. I didn't manage to fall back asleep until 1am, but then I slept until 10:30am (well, interrupted sleep as I had to go to the bathroom a few times but it felt good).

So far I felt fine when laying down, but felt queasy again when I got up to brush my teeth. I'm eating some saltines and we'll see how it goes. I'm missing my husband because I'm laid upstairs with the AC and so I can sleep if I need to and he's downstairs. I don't even really see him at night because of the chafing and nausea he's been sleeping in the guest room. I like having the bed to myself, but I miss him.

March 24th, 2012, 01:16 PM
5 Weeks 6 Days

So far I've been able to hold my food down (although I haven't eaten a whole lot either)! I hope that continues. I do feel nauseous if I stand up, so I've been taking it easy in bed today. I'd like to get some cleaning and laundry done, but hopefully will feel up to that tomorrow.

DH and I talked about my Prometrium today. I'm on what seems to be a high dose at 200mg 2x/day for a total of 400mg daily. Most women seem to be on half that. Since the doctor was giving the Prometrium to me to ease my mind and because my progesterone was on its way down, and since most women seem to be on half the dose I am, I'm going to try taking one dose at bedtime now. We're hoping that it'll help my nausea. I also upped my B6 so I took 100mg of it today to try to ease my nausea. We'll see!

Other than that, nothing new to report. Hope everyone's having a great weekend!

March 24th, 2012, 01:22 PM
I wasn't even thinking about the Prometrium causing nausea. You're right, though, that does seem like a high dose. Hope taking a dose at bedtime will help. Or maybe once you've been taking it for a while, your body will adjust.

March 24th, 2012, 01:34 PM
I thought about slowly upping myself to the 400mg when I first got the prescription on Tuesday, but didn't. I'm going to try the 200mg, but if I get worried or if I get spotting I'll up it back to the 400mg and hopefully the time at just 200mg will allow my body to adjust.

March 24th, 2012, 06:15 PM
HopeTea's Avatar Cautiously expecting #1
Hope the lower dose helps! I was about where you are now when my morning sickness started. Hope it's not too bad for you!

March 25th, 2012, 10:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I found laying down helps with the nausea (which you are already doing ), and also eating little servings throughout the day, instead of three big meals.

But maybe it's indeed the prometrium.
Hope it won't last too long.

my little love bug Savina Celestiale arrived 10/16/12 measuring 6lb 5oz, 20 inches
March 25th, 2012, 03:37 PM
6 weeks!!!

I don't know what it is but there is something about making it to six weeks that feels so good. I think it's because people aren't so "wow, that's really early!" anymore. If Bowie doesn't have a heartbeat yet, he will be any day now. There is just something about having a baby old enough to have a heartbeat and features that's awesome to know! At least I hope this baby is developing properly and we'll see a perfectly healthy 6w4d fetus on Thursday.

I'm still feeling about the same as yesterday. Nauseous, but no vomiting. I woke up at 8:30 today so excited about making it to six weeks that I couldn't wait to read up on 6 weeks in my books and apps. I also woke up to an e-mail from my mom saying "Happy six weeks!" I'm e-mailing her the Baby Gaga fetal development information weekly and will do the same for my MIL when we tell her. I think she enjoys it and it helps her feel closer to me even though I won't get to see her much. Since we don't know how long she'll have, we're hoping she'll get to meet the baby, it's nice to be able to include her with all this.

I honestly don't know how I'm going to make it through work now. I've felt like I needed a nap and been on the verge of vomiting all day and laying down feels like the only thing that's holding my food down. I'm nervous about work! I told DH this morning that I have no idea how women who already have kids and work do it. At least I get to rest when I'm home. I'm hoping that when I'm pregnant again the next time this baby is still at a napping age so I can get some extra rest then since I'll be a SAHM!

At least DH came up and played Yahtzee with me for a bit today and I got a few loads of laundry done!

March 25th, 2012, 04:16 PM
for 6 weeks! It's definitely a milestone to celebrate. I so hope that your mother gets to meet your baby. It's nice that she's engaged in your pregnancy.

Can't wait to hear a fabulous report from you on Thursday!
Belita likes this.

March 25th, 2012, 04:21 PM
Honestly, one of the hardest things about my loss for me was that I thought I could count on my mom at least being here to meet the baby in August and then I had the uncertainty of when or if I would get pregnant again. It's part of why I'm so happy to be pregnant again and I'm just hoping each day that the baby and my mom make it.

March 25th, 2012, 04:22 PM

March 25th, 2012, 05:10 PM
LWiegel's Avatar Lauren *Expecting #1!*
I just got caught up on your journal! I have been sick all week. I am so glad they got you on the prometrium and I was on it for 2 days and my levels went from the 7.8 to the 13 something (in my siggy) so I am a firm believer. The prometrium also definitely made me nauseous so i inserted it every night when I laid down to sleep bc it also made me drowsy so i slept better. I guess that's impossible for you though bc i only took it 1xday! But the B6 for sure helps with nausea. You def should keep the name Micah bc it is the best name ever!! I can't wait for your US!!!! I'll be keeping up better now that I'm almost over this sickness but look forward to updates!!!!
Belita likes this.

Lauren's Pregnancy Journal.
March 25th, 2012, 06:27 PM
BabyBirdies's Avatar over the rainbow?
I'm so sorry about your mom! My mom was very sick when I was in high school, but I am very lucky and grateful that she has been in remission for over 10 years now. But there was a time when I wasn't sure she was going to get to see me live my life

Also, congrats on another milestone!!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
My fertility blog: Only Infertile

NTNP since March 2012, TTC since August 2012, HSG = one blocked tube, SA = normal, 1st RE 7/11 - took a zillion tests, 2nd RE appt = Tubal issue with PCOS tendencies, possible polyp, August 2013 - possible polyp, September 2013 - new job, insurance change! January 2014 - new insurance, March 2014 - new RE appointment, then surprise BFP!

March 26th, 2012, 05:21 AM
Thanks, Jessica. My mom had it the first time when I was in high school too. This time it's just about giving her more time. Just have to keep taking it day by day.

March 26th, 2012, 09:24 AM
BabyBirdies's Avatar over the rainbow?

Thanks Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
My fertility blog: Only Infertile

NTNP since March 2012, TTC since August 2012, HSG = one blocked tube, SA = normal, 1st RE 7/11 - took a zillion tests, 2nd RE appt = Tubal issue with PCOS tendencies, possible polyp, August 2013 - possible polyp, September 2013 - new job, insurance change! January 2014 - new insurance, March 2014 - new RE appointment, then surprise BFP!

March 26th, 2012, 03:16 PM
6 weeks 1 Day

Today is my second day of taking 100mg of B6. I expect it to take a couple of more days at least to help, but today did seem better than I expected. My nausea was pretty bad this morning. I ended up just taking my anti-depressant, B6, and baby aspirin this morning and probably should have waited to take the B6 this afternoon. I take it first because my B-50 complex tastes so nasty (surprising since the B6 itself tastes great!) and I thought I was going to lose it, so I decided to wait to take my prenatal with dinner. I always take my fish oil with dinner. I yawned a few times today that I thought were going to result in me being sick. Thankfully, I was okay.

I was able to keep the nausea under control pretty well by constantly snacking on saltines and sucking on peppermint.

I got nervous earlier today because I've been feeling a lot of sharp, quick stabs in my uterine area today. No spotting and the sensation happens more if I'm leaning over. I'm hoping it's nothing!

I never could fall asleep yesterday until after 11. I ended up watching the season premiere of Mad Men. It was good, but I wish I had been able to fall asleep earlier! Of course I'm exhausted today. I hope that means I can fall asleep well tonight since I'm also waking up at least once per night to go to the bathroom!

I can be happy to be pregnant while not enjoying every part of the experience, right? I'd much rather put up with this than not be pregnant!

Also, two more days until ultrasound day!

March 26th, 2012, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belita View Post
I can be happy to be pregnant while not enjoying every part of the experience, right?
Absolutely! There is a lot to not like about pregnancy. It's the end result that makes it all worth it.

My doctor's office recommended staggering the B6 throughout the day. So I would cut my tablets into quarters and take throughout the day when I was the most nauseous. I'm still taking it, but I'm down to 50mg per day. I just take it in the morning. I'll probably stop it pretty soon, but it feels weird to change up my routine.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search