amelia's addition to the bundles of furbabies!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree12Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 17th, 2012, 07:22 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
So exciting!

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.
May 18th, 2012, 03:51 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

May 19th, 2012, 06:05 PM
lilemma86's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
9weeks 6 days

So the past few days I have not even had the energy to write in my other journal that I have kept since I was 13 I think. Taking the zofran has been really helpful except for a lovely side effect of not being able to "go"! Yay me for eating extra fiber! This weekend I had the house to myself. The dh is gone and the mil is gone . I have been able to lounge around all day without anyone saying anything! Today I had lunch with a friend and saw the movie the lucky one. It was pretty good except I read the book and I think the book was better. I look forward to another lazy day tomorrow!

May 21st, 2012, 02:47 PM

Here is the little bean!!

May 21st, 2012, 03:09 PM

May 21st, 2012, 03:47 PM
cute!!!

May 22nd, 2012, 07:46 AM
11 weeks 1 day

Ok so while i was there they bumped my due date up a week since the wee one was measuring a little ahead. YAY! I guess i just got to skip the whole 10th week

This morning was pretty nauseating but i am feeling better now, for now.

Yesterday in the office when we got to see our little one was pretty awesome! It was like "wow there really is something in there growing!" lol

May 24th, 2012, 10:59 AM
11 weeks 3 days

The past few days have been pretty uneventful. And my bowls have decided that they are going to be uneventful also.... I am really hoping the prune juice will get some things moving. I tried some prunes and i hate the texture! anyway other than getting really tired in the afternoon i have been good!

May 24th, 2012, 11:17 AM
I hated prune juice. I held my nose and chugged, but I didn't notice a difference in my bowels. So I just figured it wasn't worth it.

I have struggled with constipation the entire pregnancy and even ended up in the ER after 40 hours of continuous stabbing pain that just wouldn't subside. (Fortunately, it ended up being just a minor bowel obstruction.)

Others will tell you to drink a ton of water, walk a lot, eat plenty of fiber, and take Metamucil. I do a lot of the first three even when I'm not pregnant, and the Metamucil did absolutely nothing for me.

Phillips stool softeners have helped me some, and once I hit halfway point of the pregnancy I started using Miralax sparingly. It has definitely helped when I've been backed up for a little too long and it's getting uncomfortable. And I also incorporated a bit of espresso in the morning, which also helps to move things along.

Anyway, I hope it gets better for you.

May 24th, 2012, 11:27 AM
My doctor said that plum juice will help if you can't stomach the prune juice. Plum juice tastes really good, almost like grape juice!

May 24th, 2012, 12:39 PM
Junie- thanks for the ideas! I have been taking the phillips three times a day and really don't see a big difference. I might try another brand. Thankfully my lack of movement has not caused major gas pains or anything just yet.

Belita- I will defiantly pick up some of that soon! I chug the prune juice but I think it's also in my head that I know what it is... lol. I do like grape juice!

May 28th, 2012, 07:49 AM
12 weeks

Things have started moving a little so that is a plus. I am still taking the zofran to battle nausea but I have not taken it this morning yet.... Hoping I will not have to. We went to NC for Friday and Saturday night to hang out with a childhood friend who is about 7 weeks ahead of me! She did not know until we got up there and told her! She was super excited to be having children so close in dates!! My other friend found out they are having a boy! I am so excited to find out that this little squishy is!!

We came out to sme of our friend last night and they seemedd pretty excited! . One of the guys had already figured it out about three weeks ago but did not say a word lol. Another of them I think would like to have a little one but his wife is just finishing school so maybe they will get on the baby train it has been a great weekend!

May 28th, 2012, 03:04 PM
Glad you had such a great weekend. How fun that you and your friend can have play dates!

May 31st, 2012, 01:56 PM
12 weeks 3 days

So i have been so slack in writing in my real life journal that I have kept since i was i think 14ish? Anyway by the time i get home i just dont have the energy to do anything! I would really love to have a nap right about now. I was up at 7am to go sit at the medicaid office.... yay.... and as a business owner i had to take a small forest of paperwork for them to look over. Which of course made it longer for me to sit there while they went through it all

Other than that I feel like i am feeling better. I kinda have a routine in the morning. I get up and throw up within about 30 min and then on with my day. I do have to take zofran still everyday. I was really hoping to have a good day today but it went to h*** in a hand basket.... not only was i up early, got sick, and was late for the rest of the day. We have been super busy at work (not complaining) but i have to lift a lot .

In other news I am pretty sure i will qualify for medicaid which will totally help with covering the birth cost!! YAY

I have been trying to be more active lately but my couch just sucks me in! lol

May 31st, 2012, 03:23 PM
It's really hard to find energy in the first trimester. You will be feeling more energetic in the next few weeks, though, and hopefully your couch won't be as much of a draw.

May 31st, 2012, 03:46 PM
I agree with Adrienne. I spent most of my time at home in my first trimester in bed. I'm not as tired anymore, although I do still get tired easily, I'm finding I'm able to do more.

June 7th, 2012, 10:05 AM
13 weeks 3 days

So I have been very tired But I have not had my zofran today yet!!

Hopefully this is the start of my turn around and feel better lol. We have cleaned up the room that will be the babies over the last couple of days. We had a lot of boxes that needed to be organized and put away. I found my old stuffed animals and a lot of memories came back! The DH asked if i really needed to keep all them? OF COURSE! haha they all have a history with me and i just can't part with them. Plus if I have a girl I can give them to her!!

I just feel like it is a girl (but i am usually wrong). But all my friends are having boys so I have to have a girl right? haha anyway I am really looking forward to feeling better and having more energy!

June 7th, 2012, 11:29 AM
It's definitely boy season (everyone I know in person except for one is having a boy as well) but I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that you get your girl!

June 11th, 2012, 10:05 AM
14 weeks

So this will be day 3 with no Zofran!! YAY!!! I am still a little tired but not nausea!! I am so excited! Hopefully this keeps up! My weekend was good and my cousin was in town so we did some shopping. I wish we knew what this little squishy is so i can buy things for it!

I have decided that if it is a boy I am going to do a lion king theme and if a girl Alice in Wonderland! EEEE I really hope for a girl just because i LOVE Alice in Wonderland!

Anyway the DH is out of town for the week so I get the house to myself (except for the MIL....)

June 11th, 2012, 10:53 AM
Lion King and Alice in Wonderful are both great themes! I'm excited for you to find out.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search