Crystal's Baby Emmalyn Journal :)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree155Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 16th, 2012, 04:05 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When I had my first ultrasound I chugged the 32oz of water but couldn't make it all the way to the OB and went to the bathroom about 15 minutes before my appt. My bladder was still plenty full for them to do an abdominal ultrasound at 6 weeks so try not to worry if you can't hold it. Chances are your bladder will still be plenty full.

Sounds like your little one is having a growth spurt! I feel like I can tell when Sean is having a growth spurt by my level of energy and hunger.

for being officially out of the first trimester! I went through the same fear about the NT scan. Most of the time everything is just fine, so I'm sure you'll have a blast!

June 16th, 2012, 04:08 PM
Crystallee's Avatar Host of the Dec 2012 PR
It is weird but I am not so worried that the nuchal fold will be too big or anything, just worried about stupid stuff like no baby there (ok i admit this is dumb) no heartbeat (also dumb, i heard it yesterday) or major deformities, missing parts, etc. SIGH Was it you who said that people should have pouches like kangaroos to check in on baby? If so, I AGREE.

Thanks kiliki for my siggie!
June 16th, 2012, 04:11 PM
DaniM0820's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't know why they are making you drink so much. My place said that after 12 weeks you don't need a full bladder and they can see baby just fine with the abdominal u/s. They said that for my NT scan and also at the place where we got the elective one. And they also encouraged me to EMPTY my bladder before the u/s.

June 16th, 2012, 04:14 PM
The paper says, note if you are 14 weeks or greater, you don't have to have a full bladder. I am IN my 14th week. I vote that should count lol.

June 16th, 2012, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystallee View Post
It is weird but I am not so worried that the nuchal fold will be too big or anything, just worried about stupid stuff like no baby there (ok i admit this is dumb) no heartbeat (also dumb, i heard it yesterday) or major deformities, missing parts, etc. SIGH Was it you who said that people should have pouches like kangaroos to check in on baby? If so, I AGREE.
Yeah, that was me.

I was worried about deformities, too. It's so hard not to. It took you a while to get this little bubs, so of course you're going to worry that it's too good to be true. However, I assure you it is true and you have a perfect little baby in there.

June 16th, 2012, 05:44 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Hope Monday is awesome! I bet your little one will be so stinkin' perfect.

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.
June 16th, 2012, 06:51 PM
Thanks guys.

June 16th, 2012, 06:56 PM
I saw your DDC is the snowflakes. How excited are you?

June 17th, 2012, 11:25 AM
Haha I just noticed this, we are stars aaaaaand snowflakes so I'm good.
Belita likes this.

June 17th, 2012, 11:52 AM
13w3d SECOND TRIMESTER!!!!!!
So according to my doc anyway, I am now in the 2nd trimester which is just crazy. I was feeling pretty good last week but this week I have been feeling pretty bad. Intense headaches, weird tummy upsets, super irritable and very very teary. I cried for hours last night over something stupid. Just an emotional bad week I suppose. Dh is practically hiding from me I am hoping tomorrow will be the pick me up I need when I get to see bubs again. I'm hoping for a good tech who takes their time and lets us browse for awhile. DH seems excited about it, though not excited about the drive. I have my last doc appt with my current ob in the morning and then have time to go home for a couple hours before we have to head out for the long drive. Even typing it out about getting to see baby tomorrow has lifted my mood. I still have a crazy intense headache though and still really teary and upset and frustrated about everything. Since I stopped working, most of my friends and I have drifted apart just because we don't see each other frequently. I'm just feeling pretty lonely today. Anyways, I hope everybody is having a better day and I can't wait for tomorrow.

June 17th, 2012, 03:10 PM
I considered myself in the second trimester at 13 weeks & 3 days, though I know a lot of people think it's 14 weeks. If you do the math of 40 weeks divided by three, though, 13 weeks & 3 days it is!

Sorry you're feeling so emotional. As much as it sucks, I'd take it as a good sign. Your hormone levels are really surging, helping bubs to grow and grow. I hope you have a great time seeing him/her tomorrow.

June 17th, 2012, 03:14 PM
I am hoping that a dose of cute baby plus lunch with DH after and a board game night with dh plus the fact that we are getting cable again this week will cheer me up. Fathers day dinner got delayed from yesterday to today so I am heading over there in awhile for some Grandma home cooked food, my favorite kind. Maybe all the hormones and exhaustion do indicate a big growth spurt. I told Joe that I hope it was its boy or girl bits growing so that it might look like one or the other lol. I am dying for a nub shot so I can try to guess what I think it is The nurse called on friday to confirm stuff and was like I bet you are so excited to find out the gender and I was like huuuuuh and she said oh yeah we can almost always tell the gender past 13 weeks so I guess we will see. I won't put much stock in it.

June 17th, 2012, 05:33 PM
Sorry about the hormones. It's all switching over from your body making them to the placenta, so it's normal to be a bit out of whack. I'm sure seeing your little one will make up for all of it. So exciting to get cable!

They should definitely be able to give you an idea tomorrow if they look. Mine wouldn't even look, but a woman in my DDC still found his little peepee and scrotum on one of the pics. I wouldn't run out and buy things in whatever gender they tell you tomorrow, but I would start leaning more towards thinking of names in that gender and start planning nursery themes for that gender, though.

June 18th, 2012, 05:32 AM
I just woke up sick as a dog. Ugh. I think I am going to cancel my ob appt in the morning and just go to the nt scan so I can sleep in and be more leisurely about driving out to the other place. My OB appt had nothing fascinating besides me telling them I'm going to go to a different OB so I think I just will call to say goodbye and get my records transferred. I need a much longer nap. I woke up with weird nightmares, a migraine, and some nausea. Definitely going back to sleep. Maybe after a snack Night night

June 18th, 2012, 05:40 AM
I hope you feel better! Glad you're still going in for the NT scan, though!

June 18th, 2012, 05:44 AM
Wild horses, dinosaurs, alien invasions, migraines or nausea couldn't keep me away from that NT scan lol. I'd have to be dead. Literally.
Belita likes this.

June 18th, 2012, 07:41 AM
Have fun today. And I hope you feel better.

June 18th, 2012, 10:29 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
So sorry you woke up feeling so poorly. Good call on cancelling the OB appointment when it wasn't going to be eventful/necessary anyway. Best of luck on the NT scan!
x

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
June 18th, 2012, 11:26 AM
I ate, I slept til 11, and I feel slightly human. Weird little bits of nausea off and on. I'm going to go eat again and hope it goes away for the long drive, otherwise I might bust out my seabands again. I'm so exciiiiiiiited. I'm glad I avoided the morning appt. To be honest, I was really feeling awkward about telling them I was leaving so now I can chicken out and just call teehee. I really didn't have a close relationship with anyone there so honestly, it doesn't make me feel bad. I liked the guy at first but I don't know why, but something irked me about him sometimes. Anyways, I am off to jump in the shower and get prettyfied and then I shall drag dh from his lounging spot on the couch and we will head out. We are going out to lunch somewhere yummy (yet to be decided) after the scan so I am just all around excited. Then we are going to play silly board games like kids all night. I'm off to make a snack so I will check in when I have any updates. I will probably type up a short on the cell version of events while I am gone. Have a good day everybody and keep us in your prayers and wish us luck. Appt is at 2 30 pacific.

June 18th, 2012, 11:33 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
LUCK LUCK LUCK!

Can't wait for your update. Have a yummy lunch!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search