Crystal's Baby Emmalyn Journal :)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree155Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 11th, 2013, 04:24 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
How was the party??

Hope sleeping is going back to normal!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
April 11th, 2013, 05:07 AM
Crystallee's Avatar Host of the Dec 2012 PR
Party was good. Sleeping is crap lol. I'll update longer later. One of my furbabies developed a weird abcess so we had to go have doggy surgery yesterday and I am just worn down from dealing with a cranky kiddo and a coned angry doggy lol.

Thanks kiliki for my siggie!
April 11th, 2013, 10:30 AM
DeepSouthMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry to hear about your grandma. Sounds like you've had your hands full! I hope things start looking up soon. Emmalyn is just gorgeous! I love her favorite bow.

Btw, aren't Melissa and Doug toys awesome?? Keep an eye out, every so often TRU has a 50% off sale which is good because M&D toys can be expensive!

Michelle ~ Mommy to Joseph
April 20th, 2013, 10:03 PM
5 Months old!
Our little peanut is already 5 months. She weighs 15lbs even and is 26.5" She is pulling herself around swimming style lol. She crawls but her legs don't quite get it so she kind of scootches and army crawls and it is pretty funny. She has started saying muuuu muuuuu mmmuuuu so it sounds like mum mum it is cute. Hopefully it will progress into mimicking mama. She had her checkup yesterday and the doc said she is quite advanced as far as playing with toys and crawling/standing/sitting and all that. She sits up quite well now and usually only tips side to side now. She is still in some 0-3 but mostly transitioned into 3-6 month clothing. We got her a teething necklace and she loves it. It seems to help with the drooling and fussiness. We don't have to do zantac anymore so that is nice. I am currently super sick so that sucks lol. She is still EBF so that is all going well. Solids will come around 7 or 8 months probably. I am hoping like crazy she doesn't get my sickness. I have had a lot of cramping on and off this month so I wonder if Af or something is going to come about sometime soon. If so we will likely start going for baby2 about when she hits 10 or 11 months. Besides that she is playing super well with her toys and exersaucer. She can turn herself around in it now so she has more fun with it. She can pick up her toys now so she has a blast playing. She giggles and laughs up a storm. DH is getting to be a lot more helpful. He is doing awesome while i'm sick. Emmalyn got her pcv and hib shots yesterday and had no reaction at all. Never has so that is nice. I missed the great cloth diaper change event today mostly because I forgot but I wouldn't have went sick anyways. She is sleeping decently well again. She is mostly sleeping on me again though with some time in the cosleeper when she is out cold. Going out and about is way easier. I am more comfy with NIP now. I did it during dinner at a restaurant the other day and in the walmart garden center hehe so I am ok with it. I love our ergo. Haven't really tried to nurse in it but I haven't gone far to wear it lately. I have been trying to help my cousin with TTC knowledge so that has been interesting lately. I am going to go hack up a lung for awhile and nap. Miss you guys! Im always reading, just haven't felt good or been responding much.

April 21st, 2013, 02:18 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is a lot of things she's able to do early, especially considering she was a preemie and you'd expect her to be late on things.

Pics of the amazing Emmalyn, please!

April 21st, 2013, 09:16 PM
I really need to get some video. The muuuu muu thing only happened in the car when she was angry about being put in Its not her saying mama. Just complaining and learning the m sound. Thats why I said I hope she progresses it into mama. I sit there all the time trying but she stares at me like I am a nutcase. There is pics of her standing and trying to step on facebook. Super cute. I don't think she is doing anything early. Her doc just said she is advanced in trying to do the things she tries. She isn't doing anything fully right lol. Her crawl looks like froggy swimming and dragging herself along as I said, her standing is quite neat as she has strong leggies but again its not like she is balancing all by herself, and sitting is just she stopped toppling forward and now just topples to the side she can hold herself up but has no balance and plops to the side. There is pics and video of the fun in the exercauser/with toys on facebook. I am sick as a dog so if you wanna see before I feel like living again look on there lol.

April 22nd, 2013, 11:39 PM
Adrienne and Karin you guys are my heros lol. I bought that bottle you guys were talking about and she TOOK IT!!! Awesome.
Mom2JDub likes this.

April 23rd, 2013, 01:09 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
I'm so glad! Ya that bottle worked like a charm for us too. I personally am not crazy about the bottle shape but the nipple was well received for certain. I also recently tried he comotomo. He also took this very well!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
April 23rd, 2013, 11:10 AM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Nice update! Glad Emmalyn is doing so well. And yay for taking the bottle!

I nursed Jack in the Ergo when he was around Emmalyn's age. It actually went better than expected, once I got him adjusted. Now he's too big to really do it that way.

April 24th, 2013, 07:29 AM
Here are some of my favorite pics

Mom2JDub likes this.

April 24th, 2013, 09:06 AM
DaniM0820's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OMG she is so stinkin cute!!!!

April 24th, 2013, 11:38 AM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)

April 24th, 2013, 03:53 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So cute!!

May 3rd, 2013, 01:48 AM
My new favorite picture of the week:

aaaaaaaaaand the sadest picture of all time:

Got a new siggie. Love it Emmalyn is doing well. I'm still sick

May 3rd, 2013, 01:54 AM

whoooooooooa there

May 20th, 2013, 06:06 AM
Emmalyn has an appt tomorrow. Got bumped from friday. I shall have updates then. Short update is Emmalyn is now rocking on hands and knees now so might have an early crawler. She drags herself by her elbows now and wiggles around lol but it isn't crawling. She also started babbling dadada a couple days back. She can sit unassisted for short periods. Getting quite tricky with toys and picking them up. I'll update stats in a bit. Still not sleeping through the night after her regression. No toothies. The bumps she had in her mouth are totally gone.... so maybe they went back down? I don't know how it works lol. still EBF. Gets up anywhere from 2-5 or 6 times a night. I was sick for a long time and just got over it and now think i have a kidney stone or a super bad bladder infection. No Af. Emmalyn wears size 3-6 months. is six months old today and wears size 2 sposies and is on the lowest rise and second snap out on OS cloth which Ive been cranky with lately so we have had more sposies than normal. More to come after her appt.

May 20th, 2013, 11:42 AM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
So sorry that you were so sick. Can't believe that she is crawling! Wow, how time flies!

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

May 20th, 2013, 03:43 PM
Shes mostly just thinking about it and doing the worm and army crawl when she wants to try to get somewhere lol. It does fly oh so fast
June 1st, 2013, 01:36 AM
Hiiii I didn't come update like I was sposed to. My bad lol
Emmalyn was 27" and 16lbs 17oz! Where has my peanut gone! She is starting to get quicker with her army crawl and rolls all over and gets up on her hands and knees to try to get in to things lol. She is rocking a lot more when on her hands and knees and moves her legs back and forth and slides in place lol. Its pretty cute. She babbles Dadadada and has strung together muuuuummuuuuu a couple times but no Mama. She is EBF. She had her dtap at her 6 month and we go back at 7 months for a nurse appt to get her pcv and hib again. She still does great with shots. She has been off Zantac for a long time so that is good. She is a happy happy kiddo. She rides in the top of the cart now when we go out and about. She sits unsupported for long periods of time. She loves to stand and wishes I would just hold her armies and let her stand allllll day. I am in the process of starting to gather supplies to start solids in the next few months. She does alright taking a bottle of pumped milk but mostly just wants the tap. She still gets up at least 3 times a night usually though some days only 2. Loves her exersaucer too death. Loves playing on the floor. We are going swimming sometime really soon so I'm excited to give that a try. We transitioned to the big bathtub in a seat and she seems to like it well enough. She has morphed into a pretty easy baby as long as she can have mommy 24/7 with some daddy snuggles intermixed in. She doesn't love being with others too much. Still loves the ergo. No toothies even though we have drool buckets lol. She had bumps where I thought they were going to come but they just went away. Still only that 1 diaper rash ever and is still in cloth probably 75% of the time though I have gotten away from doing it when I leave the house and at night. She wears 3-6 month clothes mostly and wears a size 2 sposie though might buy 3's if I can ever get rid of this pack of 2's. I might strip my dipes just to use up some sposies lol. No AF still. Still want to ttc kiddo number 2 asap. Emmalyn still cosleeps and I dont' have a desire to change it anytime soon. Some of her favorite toys are books and this ball that rattles. We still use a bink on occasion but its days are numbered. She has really lost interest in it. I did buy some cups to try down the line once she starts solids to put some BM in to try out. She still has blue eyes. Her hair has turned super blonde. She laughs like a maniac and is just the sweetest little thing. I think that is all I can think of to update on!

June 2nd, 2013, 04:03 AM
17oz duh it was 14 oz. lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search