Crystal's Baby Emmalyn Journal :)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree155Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 14th, 2012, 05:35 AM
Crystallee's Avatar Host of the Dec 2012 PR
4w 2 days
I finally decided to work up the courage to make a grads journal. I know most of you guys but for those that don't know me, we tried to conceive for 16 months with 3 chemical pregnancies. This cycle I got my bfp at 11 DPO in the middle of the night and ran out to get a digital and some frers at about 4 am only to find more positives. I had bloodwork done on 12dpo which was 19.8 (HCG) and 12. 51(Progesterone). My repeat bw on 14 dpo was 33(hcg) and 17.25 (progesterone). I haven't had any spotting at all which always happened early on with each of my chemicals and I have had strong symptoms this go round so I am hopeful that everything is ok. I switched ob's from the doc that helped us get preggers during all this because he is kind of a jerk and their office is terrible at getting back to you so I have my first prenatal appointment on monday at 3:15 and will do another round of bw that day too. My biggest symptoms are waves of nausea/lack of appetite, exhaustion, lots of crampiness, especially with any exercise, and i have to pee every 20 or 30 minutes Oh and my boobs feel terrible and I am pretty bloated. I think that is pretty much it. I am having a hard time accepting that this could work out and be our time for a baby so I was having troubles making a journal or joining my ddc. PS My due date is around 12/21/12.... yeah doomsday.... Glad I don't put much stock in that nonsense. Besides being an emotional wreck, I am mostly just super thankful and excited when I get over my worries. So excited that I get to join you guys!

BFP Pics

Ultrasounds

blueeyes25s and dibbers like this.

Thanks kiliki for my siggie!

Last edited by Crystallee; January 14th, 2013 at 08:28 PM.
April 14th, 2012, 07:25 AM
12 Weeks!

17 Weeks!

18 Weeks!

19 Weeks!

28th Week

Last edited by Crystallee; September 20th, 2012 at 01:15 AM.
April 14th, 2012, 12:58 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Glad you felt comfortable starting a grads journal, Crystal. I'm sending lots of positive vibes your way. With your increasing progesterone and beta hCG, though, I think you've got a sticky bean.

April 14th, 2012, 01:01 PM
DaniM0820's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yay! So glad you are here!!!
Congrats, mama!

April 14th, 2012, 03:24 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
April 14th, 2012, 05:12 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So glad you are starting a grads journal!!! Happy and healthy 9 months to you!

April 14th, 2012, 06:46 PM

Today was.... fun. My cousin called me first thing in the morning to ask if I wanted to ride to the next city over with them and another one of my cousins and her hubs to go to PF changs. I said sure and after I was already trapped in the car on the way out of town, they decide that sushi sounds better......... I was like greeeeeat. Turned out to be a conveyor belt sushi place where you grab plates off the belt that you want and they had stuff like orange chicken and such so I was alright. Had a bad sushi craving going on though.

April 15th, 2012, 10:20 AM
4w3d
My test looks SUPER dark in person today. I was so excited to see the progress in the last two days. I am kind of nervous for my appointment tomorrow. I think it is just an intake appointment and an exam w/bloodwork. I am not sure if they are going to do an ultrasound. I am going to schedule an ultrasound for right at 6 weeks so we can hopefully see a heartbeat. Still no spotting, symptoms are the same. I added a separate dha to go along with my prenatal. I did have very vivid food dreams last night and woke up starving. I decided to wait for a heartbeat to join the ddc. Dh can't come to the appt tomorrow but he will definitely come to the ultrasound one in a couple weeks. One thing I am confused about. I have an app on my phone that says I am in my fifth week right now... so does it count backwards like from 4w1d-5w you're in your "fifth week" or is my app just confused?

April 15th, 2012, 12:55 PM
That's right because while AF is here you're in Week 1 with days 1-6. 4 weeks pregnant means you have completed 4 weeks.

I had my first ultrasound at 6+4 and we saw a heartbeat. If you schedule one for right at 6 weeks it may still be too early.

Glad your lines are getting dark!!!

April 15th, 2012, 01:28 PM
Thanks for clearing that up. I figure I won't be too upset at 6w if not much shows up and they will just reschedule me for 7 weeks and we can try again. I kind of just want to see a gestational sac, maybe a blob in it at this point and by 6 weeks I should be well over the 200-2500 hcg that usually is required to see at least that and I will be over the 25,000 hcg hopefully which is around when the heartbeat is visible.

April 15th, 2012, 02:40 PM
You're welcome! I felt the same way as you did. As long as your expectations are reasonable, you should be fine.

April 15th, 2012, 06:18 PM
DaniM0820's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I got an ultrasound at around 5 weeks and some change and we only saw the sac no heartbeat. Got the second one at 7 weeks and we saw the baby "blob" and were able to pick up the heartbeat

I can't wait to hear how your ultrasound goes but if you dont see much don't be discouraged!
Mrs.Paradise likes this.

April 15th, 2012, 06:24 PM
I am kind of feeling like I just want a whole bunch of ultrasounds to make me feel better So if we have to have 2 or 3 to see the heartbeat, at least I get weekly reassurance that something is in there I am going to see if they will schedule it on the 26th or 27th and while I would love to see a heartbeat, I mostly just want to know it isn't ectopic and at least exists. They may even do one tomorrow which would satisfy my ultrasound craving and then I will wait until 7 weeks most likely for the follow up.

April 15th, 2012, 06:36 PM
Here are two charts that really helped me:

hCG Level in Early Pregnancy | BabyMed.com
Ultrasound Sonogram Scans week by week first trimester month 1 2 3 months weeks 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 early scan - Baby2see

April 15th, 2012, 06:41 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Hope tomorrow goes well, even if it ends up just being a typical in-take appointment.

April 16th, 2012, 10:33 AM
5 more hoooooours. I am super antsy and excited.

April 16th, 2012, 11:30 AM
Edited first post to add todays progression pic. Here is just todays test (didn't use fmu or even hold it btw):

I was so surprised at how dark it got so fast.

April 16th, 2012, 01:49 PM
That's wonderful, Crystal! Can't wait to hear how your appt went!

April 16th, 2012, 05:17 PM
4w4d
Appointment went great. They gave me prometrium as a can't hurt might help measure so that is exciting. Scheduled first ultrasound for 4/30 at 945am. Basically today I peed in a cup, they did a pregnancy test (duh) checked for a uti, and then just chit chatted with the ob. I really like him. He is personable and funny. They are doing all sorts of bloodwork that I have to fast tonight for and then do it tomorrow. They are testing for all the different clotting disorders, rh factor, and all the normal prenatal bloodwork I spose. He seems confident that this is our sticky baby so I feel a lot better about the whole situation. He joked around and said we would ultrasound to see some heartbeats and I was like heartbeatS huh and he said well hey you never know! He was super funny. I think I already said that. Anyways, I really like their office and I like how hands on he is. His nurse was great too so I am all around happy. He also didn't make me feel like a walking timebomb about to miscarry so it felt good to be "normal"

April 16th, 2012, 06:11 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!

That is so great! Nothing makes me happier to know that you found a doc that makes YOU happy. All of this is hard enough on us all as it is, but to then have a crap doctor on top of it,

So happy that you are happy!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search