Lex's gummy bear - 12 week bump

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree20Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 26th, 2012, 02:51 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Nausea is no fun at all. I hope it eases up for you again soon!

April 26th, 2012, 08:21 PM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Pregnancy is much more difficult than I pictured Lex and I had my days of complaining for sure. Don't feel guilty! We all know how much you want this baby and this is the place to gripe.

You're going to be such a cute preggo! I can't wait to see you all big and belly.
Mrs.Paradise likes this.
April 27th, 2012, 12:33 AM
Lex&angels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So far my nausea has been ok this morning... I'm lucky to at least have a few pockets of time where I feel better... Navigating my ever-changing food aversions is a PITA though and I'm concerned about having a healthy enough diet for baby especially now in the 2d trimester when it starts mattering more! I'm jealous of people who get and stay better. I'm glad I had morning sickness awful as it was because it did help me not worry as much as I otherwise would have, but now that I'm not too worried anymore I wish I could just EAT again (I know something bad could happen but I can't live thinking about it all the time and at this point no amount of thinking about it in advance will help make it any less awful if something bad does happen).

Here are my girls names so far:

Katherine
Coraline
Eloise
Natasha
Victoria

These are the ones DH at least marginally agrees with.

For Katherine he likes it better with a C, and when I said I like Kate better than Cate he said no nicknames...

Coraline he says sounds too much like Caroline (my sister's name, but I'm sure she doesn't mind, we'd ask her first anyway)

Eloise he doesn't like as much as Elise BUT too many people have used the name in our circle of friends and I actually prefer Eloise.

Natasha we agree on... I think it may be the winner here. I'm actually the one with a concern.. My parents have a dog they adopted when she was already 6, her name was Taj Mahal and they changed it to Tajsha. I'm concerned people will use the same nickname for my kid as for the dog...

He likes Victoria but is concerned people will think we're naming her after Victoria Beckham.

As for middle names, we're thinking of Elise (my middle name) unless we go with Eloise, or Charlotte after my grandmother.

What do you think?

April 27th, 2012, 01:08 AM
Mrs.Paradise's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love the names you have for a girl! you think it wouldnt be too hard to pick out your babies names... and then you get here and then you think "now what?" at least thats me! lol its just harder then I thought it would be... it took my hubby awhile to agree with me on a boys name and then he started like soccer and likes the name... now we still need to pick out a girls name... but he doesnt want to even really consider any names until he knows what we are having! MEN! they just DONT GET IT some times!!! lol
April 27th, 2012, 06:23 AM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
I really like all your names. I'm kind of partial to Eloise Charlotte. Not sure why, just really like it.

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.
May 1st, 2012, 07:36 AM
New siggy! I love it
Nothing much to report... my morning/all-day sickness seems to be improving but I'm not going to shout victory too soon! I've had some improvement in the past that was short-lived. This time I'm hopeful though since it's supposed to be improving, 2d trimester and all. Hopefully I'll have fewer food aversions soon.

I'm frustrated because today is a national holiday and so everyone is online wanting to stream TV shows so the servers are slow and I can't see my favorite shows! I know it's very much a first-world problem and I should probably see it as a sign to do something else -- and I will. Just frustrating (I wanted to watch gossip girl! I did manage to watch how i met your mother... And I think I'm pretty much done with it. There isn't one character on that show that I didn't want to slap silly this episode. They were ALL idiotic).
Mrs.Paradise likes this.

May 1st, 2012, 07:52 AM
Cait&AngelAbove's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love your new siggy!!!

Thank you so much Bokkechick for the perfect siggie!!!
12-10-10 2-6-12
May 1st, 2012, 02:02 PM
your siggy is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo STINKIN CUTE!!! I havent gotten one yet... lol Im waiting for a good pic of the baby! lol

YAY for ms subsiding for now! Im still having some bouts of it... but I hope you are done with it!!!
May 2nd, 2012, 10:31 AM
From my blog (long):

Funny story: a few weeks ago, I called my doctorís secretary to make all my appointments until July, after which I will be seeing a doctor or midwife at the hospital where I am to give birth if all goes well (thatís just how it works here, if youíre in a big city. They make you see the doctor or midwife of your choice for the first few months, and then switch you to one in the hospital. In smaller towns I think it is different, and in private clinics or if you have had a high-risk pregnancy in the past they will sometimes give you a doctor at the hospital directly).

I was fairly alert on that day and I am pretty sure I would have remembered making an appointment for today. I donít remember that at all.

So last week, after my ultrasound (with a different doctor who has a better machine since it was an NT scan), I called my doctor, as planned, to let her know all was well. The secretary let me know that I had an appointment for this morning. I was very confused as to how that happened, especially the secretary was puzzled as to why she had written it down as a 5th month appointment.

Keep in mind, when I was still maybe 5 weeks along, the secretary ďcalled me backĒ to let me know she had spoken to the doctor about my bleeding and she was able to get me an earlier appointment because of it. I hadnít called about any bleeding. In fact, I am very thankful to say I didnít have any bleeding at all at any point during my pregnancy!

I let the secretary know this, that I hadnít taken an appointment for today and that I didnít see why Iíd need one, I just needed my prescriptions to be renewed (baby aspirin, and my monthy labwork) and to be given an administrative document sheíd forgotten to give me last time. So she asked the doctor if she wanted to keep the appointment anyway. The doctor did, so I didnít insist and I went this morning. Itís a good thing, because it transpired that the lab hadnít sent my 24-hour urine results to the doctor at all like they were supposed to. But the doctor was still confused as to why she had wanted to see me, she gave me the documents, I gave her a copy of my results and I left 5 minutes later, thankfully she didnít ask me to pay. Iím seeing her again in 3 weeks for an ultrasound and a monthly checkup.

Ok thatís the end of the ďfunny storyĒ. I have to wonder what kind of drugs that secretary is on though! I need to stay on top of things with this oneÖ

So my doctor finally saw my 24-hour urine test, the second one I did (2 weeks after the first) and the results were slightly worse, but not much. They still arenít bad-bad. Just not optimal. And since I also have positive ANA ó Iím guessing, there is a potential link here, though she didnít say so ó she wants me to see a nephrologist, ASAP. She is going to send me a phone number and name this week. She also wants me to get weekly urine tests for the next month.

So am I worried? Oddly, not that much.

I have worked myself up over nothing so many times in the past. Now that I understand better how the human body works and that I know that my results arenít that bad and that my other auto-immune symptoms are fairly mild and that auto-immune diseases can take easily 10 years to evolve enough to get a clear diagnosis and to be very problematic, Iím taking it all in stride.

Of course thereís the life of my unborn baby in play, but you know what? Iím in the second trimester now. Doctors know more and can do more to help now if something goes wrong. First trimester losses are something doctors canít do much about. They can throw progesterone and baby aspirin at the problem, but thatís pretty much it, and it doesnít always work. Many women with full-blown lupus or kidney disease are able to give birth to healthy babies in the end. And even if I do end up with lupus one day, Iím not there yet. I am just going to trust in my very reactive doctor (and not in her sub-par secretary) and hope that all goes well. Iím also going to keep praying for my little one and just enjoy and be happy.

Until now, all my doctors have always told me that a positive ANA doesnít necessarily mean anything at all. This is true, for borderline positive ANA that do go down. Mine was far from being borderline positive (1:640). Iíve been having some mild auto-immune symptoms for years and then there are all the miscarriages, too. My ANA has been tested positive at least 3 or 4 times, at the same titer, several weeks/months apart. This year, I have had the opportunity to speak with doctors, not as a patient, but as a student (we have a few doctors who gave us basic medical classes). After one class about immunology, I asked the doctor, not mentioning it was for myself, what it means to have auto-antibodies, and if it could just be normal or ďone of those thingsĒ. She replied that is generally not the case, that if auto-antibodies are positive but there is no disease yet, the key word is yet. Eventually things happen. It can take time. I appreciate the honesty, and it has confirmed what I have thought all along.

I am eventually going to have an auto-immune disease. Not all of them are that bad, and there are new and better treatments all the time. But in the meantime, I need to live and enjoy my life and make memories. Who knows if in 10 years I will be in any condition to do rock-climbing, especially if my disease is RA. So I need to do what I want to do now and enjoy it now. One thing I am very thankful for is who knows in 10 years what challenges a pregnancy or even being a mother to an adopted infant would bring? Now, though I am more tired than other women my age, in general, and though I do on occasion deal with joint pain and other problems, I am in good health. I need to be thankful for that and enjoy it.

Oddly, itís freeing to know that I probably will be ill at some point, but I do have time now. I can use this time to the fullest. And who knows, maybe Iíll be lucky and the illness wonít be all that bad. I wouldnít know any of this without my miscarriages. Itís the one (and only) good thing that came of them.

May 2nd, 2012, 10:52 AM
I'm glad you're taking this all in stride. I've been told by multiple doctors I have a high rhumetoid factor but they do not think I have RA, at least not yet. I hope not to get them, but honestly my mom has Lupus so I wouldn't be surprised if I end up with an auto-immune disease.

I think you have a very healthy attitude about this. That is so strange about your doctor's secretary!!

Also, I get a kick out of reminding myself that all these conversations take place in French.

May 2nd, 2012, 11:41 AM
Awesome post, Lex.

Your outlook is really fantastic. I have a friend who also wouldn't have known about her Celiac Disease had it not been for miscarriage. While it's hard sometimes to see the silver lining, I think that your approach is quite impressive.

I'm so glad you're pregnant with your rainbow baby. And I'll be hoping that any long-term auto-immune disease will be on the mild end. I have a feeling that with your amazing attitude, you'll conquer whatever life throws your way.
Mrs.Paradise likes this.

May 2nd, 2012, 03:43 PM
wow Lex you AMAZE me! I love your outlook on life... and I think that you are handling it all very well! GOOD FOR YOU!!!

as for that nurse! WTH?!?! lol oh boy that lady is all sorts of confused!
May 6th, 2012, 09:54 AM
13w6d

I've finally reached that point where I just round up or down my weeks of pregnancy in conversation. Each day doesn't seem so very, very important anymore. I even have to think about it for a minute to know exactly how many days... I just think in weeks now. That's good, right?

Today we told a few more people in church than last week and they were all so sweet and happy for us. You know what? I have really been taking a long hard look at my attitude and my beliefs and the things that have been bothering me, and I think it's time to rebuild.

I still cry when singing songs about loss and I think those songs will always hurt at least a little. I mean I have a hard time believing I'm the only one in the congregation who has to repress sobs when singing "you give and take away". Being pregnant now doesn't change the fact that I have lost a lot. That there is a lot of pain and suffering in the world and that, yes, it did rock my faith in a big way. It doesn't change the fact that while some in church may be praying that they will be broken and molded etc., I am praying that God will allow me some more time without being broken because if I am broken again right now I don't know that I'd ever be whole again.

I have also realized that contrary to what I thought, my small group might be the problem, not the church itself. I just don't think that the group understands me all that well and they honestly have not been as supportive as I needed. I have found, over the past few months, that people I hadn't even met until recently have been better friends in the church and seem to just "get it" so much easier. Sure, there are some things that bother me about our church in general, but now that I have been going back to church regularly but not the small group, I'm realizing that the problem for me is the small group, but I thought it was the church because that's where I've always broken down in tears because of the songs. I'm just emotional with music and I still have to deal with that. But being emotional with music is not the church's fault, at all.

I had such an outpouring of love today from people in the church and I just felt normal. Last week when I told the people from my small group, all I got were lectures about not worrying and enjoying the pregnancy, no congratulations or surprise or joy, no asking how I was feeling, just assumptions.
Today, people a) expressed joy about my pregnancy b) asked how I was feeling without assuming anything and c) said they understood that I was still a bit nervous d) served me more snacks

Belly pictures tomorrow!
Mrs.Paradise likes this.

May 6th, 2012, 12:26 PM
Glad you have a nice support system, even if it's not the people you thought it would be. I don't think there's anything wrong with getting emotional while singing songs. Church is a great place to find that release.

May 15th, 2012, 01:08 AM
So I am back from my sister's wedding, it was great I am starting to show a lot now (I will post pictures sometime soon), but the bridesmaid dress I was wearing doesn't really show much of a bump. I can tell because I know what to look for, but I don't think it shows much on pictures at all.
I still haven't announced on facebook, because DH STILL hasn't told one of his friends yet and wants me to wait. At this rate I may as well wait until after next Monday's ultrasound and announce the baby's sex at the same time lol. Most people who matter already know, anyway. We went very low-tech for our announcements: phone, in person and the occasional personal e-mail.
I have had a few dreams about my baby already, I'm so sure it's a girl <3 But if not it will take some adjusting mentally because I have been thinking of the baby as a girl ever since my 12w ultrasound, but I just know a little boy would make my heart melt too. I just can't wait to know!
I'm pretty sure I felt the baby move twice now, once it was clearly the baby and once I wasn't quite sure. 15 weeks is still on the early side to feel movement for a first-time mom, but it's believable especially since I don't have a lot of body fat at the moment (courtesy of the non-stop nausea and vomiting I had for 2 months).
The good news is that I have been vomit-free for nearly a week. The true test will be if I can remain so on the train ride home, I will pack some baggies just in case, but maybe... I was even able to enjoy food and even found my appetite again. Some foods still taste "off" to me, but they haven't made me sick. It was just a question of swallow that one bite and then don't eat the rest, as opposed to making me vomit. I have even been able to brush my teeth without any puking.

We are going to go home, get back into our life and routine (or start a new one, in my case, since staying in bed all day and eating crackers is hopefully in my past for now), have the ultrasound on Monday and then we will start planning for baby in earnest: decluttering the office, moving the office furniture into the living/dining room, removing the wallpaper, painting or wallpapering depending on what our landlord agrees to let us do. Looking for a car and shopping around for insurance for the car. Comparison shopping for strollers, cribs etc. so we know which ones to keep an eye out for so we are ready to jump on a good deal if one comes our way. Stocking up on diapers when they go on sale. This is starting to feel real.
Mrs.Paradise likes this.

May 15th, 2012, 11:57 AM
yay!!! Im sooooooooooooooooooooo happy that your m/s seems to be gone now!!! I cant WAIT to see your cute little bump!!!

I think it always starts feeling real once you start buying stuff! lol and planning what your going to do in the nursery!!! thats what we are doing right now... we are trying to figure it all out... and Im pretty sure what we are going to do now! so thats always nice to not have to worry about... I cant wait to get started on Landons room!!! and I was the same way about finding out what your having... I was sooooooooooooo sure Landon was a Landon that I didnt even really let myself think girl... and if he ended up being a she I think it would take me some time to get use to that idea too... so excited for you Lex!!! your baby is HERE TO STAY!!!
Lex&angels likes this.
May 15th, 2012, 02:51 PM
It's so exciting that you are starting to feel like this is real! How much longer until you find out the gender?

July 3rd, 2012, 08:06 PM
Lex, where are you?! I hope you and the baby are doing well!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search