Lex's gummy bear - 12 week bump

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree20Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 20th, 2012, 03:56 PM
Lex&angels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well... This board has always been my number one home, so even if I haven't posted in awhile and most of the recent girls wouldn't know me, I still want to have a grads journal here, if that's ok? Until now I kept a blog, but it was my freakout blog and I'm not comfortable leaving it online much longer in case someone I know IRL stumbles upon it.

I'm finally feeling confident enough to start one here I have started posts like these 3 times in the past and it was agonizing still seeing my old journals floating around here for months -- though it looks like the board gets cleaned up more often now

Today I'm 11w5d, I can't believe the long-awaited 2d trimester is just around the corner. I think I realized I'm ready when I noticed that my internet searches now involve cord blood banking (we're probably going to do it) and epidurals with scoliosis (basically, no way of knowing until I see my doctor again at 16 weeks, she's not the one doing my ultrasound next week) slightly more often than miscarriage. My hope-to-fear ratio is shifting and I am really starting to believe there might be a baby at the end of this rainbow.

I'm planning on taking progression belly pics this Sunday, and my NT scan is on Thursday, so between then and now I'll dig up my first and second ultrasound pics and post them here too.

Todo list for week 13 (starting Monday):

* make list of people to contact before my big facebook announcement, which has to happen before May, I want to put 2 weeks between my announcement and my sister's wedding to avoid stealing any thunder. She agreed this was a good plan.
* officially declare my pregnancy to the insurance company
* confirm my spot in the hospital for early November
* suspend our homestudy process (you're supposed to do it at the start of the second trimester, you can pick up where you left off if you lose the baby, and if you have a live birth you need to start over again when you're ready)
* sort through my closet, I need to figure out what I can wear and what I'll need to buy soon. As you'll see on Sunday, my belly is starting to pop
* start weaning off my progesterone
* get my T21 bloodwork done at the lab after my NT scan
* put away my workout books and shoes. Make pregnancy books my nightstand books and just put the new rules of lifting away already.
* announce my pregnancy at the office (I work there 1-3 days a week, on an as-needed basis. I said I couldn't work more than 2 days per week since I need time to write my papers, exceptionally 3, I have a very good relationship with most people in the office so I'm excited about this. Lately it has been taking ALL my energy, so I haven't been doing any writing, just working 2 days, resting the rest of the time, but I do need the money and I love my job there so...)
* start swimming again. Now that my appetite is mostly back and I can keep things down for the most part, I have no excuse.
* request a siggy. I'm thinking a rainbow, my name, my EDD, a picture of baby from the NT scan, and a picture of Gem thrown in for good measure.
fromustobaby likes this.

Last edited by Lex&angels; April 23rd, 2012 at 11:07 AM.
April 20th, 2012, 05:36 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Hi, Lex! I'm Adrienne. I had one loss and a chemical pregnancy before getting pregnant with this little guy. And I know some other girls with journals here have had similar experiences.

I'm so glad that you're feeling more comfortable in this pregnancy. It's a wonderful feeling to hit that second trimester. I look forward to following your journal and your belly pics and seeing those wonderful u/s pics of your little one.

EDIT - Hehe, I wrote "semester" instead of "trimester." Can you tell I have pregnancy brain.

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.

Last edited by Mom2JDub; April 21st, 2012 at 08:24 AM.
April 20th, 2012, 08:36 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So glad to see you over here, Lex! Sounds like a great to do list! A few of us have Sunday belly pic days, so it's an exciting day around here!

April 20th, 2012, 09:01 PM
Tammyms's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay for starting a journal Lex! I'll probably get mine up and going this weekend, nice to have another vet on board
Mrs.Paradise likes this.

Make a pregnancy ticker
April 23rd, 2012, 10:38 AM
Belly pictures

12 weeks:

If you're wondering about the wallpaper in the background, here is the culprit:

Mrs.Paradise likes this.

Last edited by Lex&angels; April 23rd, 2012 at 10:42 AM.
April 23rd, 2012, 11:17 AM
Cait&AngelAbove's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am so happy for you Lex!

Thank you so much Bokkechick for the perfect siggie!!!
12-10-10 2-6-12
April 23rd, 2012, 01:22 PM
Wizza's Avatar TTC our first since 2009
Congrats Lex! You've waited a long time for this and I'm so happy for you.

April 23rd, 2012, 02:13 PM
PinkCloud's Avatar It's a girl!!!
Lex, your belly is too cute!! Gem is adorable, too! He looks too sweet & innocent to tear anything up!
Mrs.Paradise likes this.
April 23rd, 2012, 03:06 PM
You're so teeny tiny but I see the start of a bump!!

April 23rd, 2012, 03:23 PM
Mrs.Paradise's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
YAY!!!! Im soooooooooooooooooooooooo excited you and so many other vets get to join me over here!!! this is your STICKY BEAN!!! I just KNOW IT!!!
April 23rd, 2012, 05:50 PM
I know this is nothing to do with your journal but just wanted to thank you again for talking me through today
Lex&angels likes this.

Make a pregnancy ticker
April 24th, 2012, 11:17 AM
Today I bought some baby bibs on sale, they are 0-3 month size. They are "day of the week" bibs and they were on sale. I also bought a bath thermometer (which I'll start using for myself so I can take baths without risking overheating my belly) and some pacifiers since they were also on sale.

I also made a list of things to do if I end up miscarrying because I'll be grieving so much I might forget to do important things.

Really nervous and super excited about my upcoming ultrasound on Thursday!

Today I saw a beautiful rainbow in the sky. I know it's superstition but I want to take it as a sign.

April 24th, 2012, 04:14 PM
I just know what you won't need the list in case you miscarry because you're having your rainbow, Lex!!
Mrs.Paradise likes this.

April 24th, 2012, 05:51 PM
Lex you've made it so far I think it can only mean great things, that baby is here to stay!!
Mrs.Paradise likes this.

Make a pregnancy ticker
April 25th, 2012, 02:31 PM
Im with Robyn and Tam!!! this is your rainbow baby and its HERE TO STAY!!! cant wait for tomorrow!!!
April 26th, 2012, 07:24 AM
Everything is perfect! Heartrate 165, Baby is 60mm, and was sleepy for all but a minute of the half-hour ultrasound NT is 1.5mm so good and the doctor is guessing girl!

I had honestly stopped believing I would ever see this! Even my last ultrasound I was happy, but numb. Now I really really really am pregnant. I'm so happy and just barely scared at all anymore. I feel so relieved!

The doctor was amazing, she's a different one from my regular one who just has a very basic ultrasound machine. She was just so nice the whole time and reassuring and gave us all the info right away!

April 26th, 2012, 07:57 AM
Cait&AngelAbove's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is awesome Lex! I am so happy for you!!!

Thank you so much Bokkechick for the perfect siggie!!!
12-10-10 2-6-12
April 26th, 2012, 08:04 AM
you REALLY REALLY REALLY ARE PREGNANT!!! I still am not sure I am! lmao! but YAY for a GREAT U/S!!!! Im soooooooooooooooooooooo happy for you!!!
April 26th, 2012, 12:36 PM
Let me preface this by saying that I am over the moon happy right now. This has been the best day ever!
Let me also preface this by saying that I totally understand that reading about pregnancy-related complaints is the last thing many girls who are still TTC number 1 want to do. So if you're having a bad day, skip this post

My morning sickness was really bad, then it nearly went away around 10 weeks, then it came back, pretty mild, until this week.
On Sunday there was a little bit of a mini-potluck after church, and I couldn't stomache anything at all except the fruit juices and carrot sticks.
On Tuesday, DH made a simple staple I've been able to eat until now: ground beef and corn. I couldn't eat the ground beef at all. I guessed it might be a fluke. He then made spaghetti bolognese yesterday. I ate the spaghetti that hadn't been touched by the sauce but that's all I could manage. Just 2 weeks ago I was able to cook and eat lasagna!!!
Today I figured some hard boiled eggs wouldn't be too much of a problem since I had some ok just last week. I took one bite and lost that plus the crackers and cream cheese I had just eaten.
I haven't been able to brush my teeth without throwing up afterwards in over a month now.
I'm glad baby is growing and is ok but I am so SICK!!!!!!!!

April 26th, 2012, 02:49 PM
awwwwwwwwww that sounds AWFUL!!! Im sorry sweetie... its no fun being sick!! I hope your ms goes away soon FOR GOOD!!! your almost to the 2nd tri...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search