Tam's Christmas Baking

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree57Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 22nd, 2012, 07:26 AM
KatieKat's Avatar TTC #1
Woah! That's quite a haul for gift cards and $250! Good job (I love getting deals ). Hope the minivan budget works out!

~thanks to Jaidynsmum for my perfect siggy!~

May 22nd, 2012, 08:05 AM
Expecting #1
on the twins! I will have to get some tips from you on getting deals! That is a load of stuff for only $250 out of pocket and gift cards. Must be nice to get the big things out of the way so early.

May 23rd, 2012, 07:07 AM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
Just wanted to say that I love reading your journal. Again, I'm so excited that you are having twins! Can't wait to read and see more!

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

May 26th, 2012, 07:10 AM
Tammyms's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay I've graduated to olives today! Can I just say that I hate that they make you wait 4-6 weeks for u/s #2 here? Some of the girls dealing with an RE got u/s early and got to see their progress every week for a few weeks to know things were ok! I stumbled on a site which told me you can miscarry 1 twin and would never know it because you won't bleed or anything... I have this paranoia because I'm tired and have sore bb's but that's it for symptoms.

On a silly note I bought a gender test off ebay before I knew it was twins It's not the intelligender so I'm not sure if it works with twins, I couldn't find anything that said it would or wouldn't work, but it went to the darkest color of girl it could possibly be so that's it, I'm sure we're having 2 girls! I had done the baking soda test before and it indicated girl too... with the more expensive intelligender tests it says if it indicates girl then most likely both babies are girls. This time I have no feeling either way

That's it, no update because not much going on in my world!

Make a pregnancy ticker
May 26th, 2012, 08:13 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay for olives! That stinks your RE won't give you more ultrasounds.

I'm sure your twinsies are just fine and you're just lucky!
Mrs.Paradise likes this.

May 26th, 2012, 10:01 AM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Sorry you have to wait so long in between visits, but I bet your twins are both doing wonderfully.

May 27th, 2012, 10:36 AM
DeepSouthMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, y'all hit the jackpot at that store! And yes, maternity clothes are awesome. The part I liked best? Finally my having a big belly was cute.

And like I told Jess, even if you don't share them, be sure to take belly pictures along the way! You'll love looking back at it.

Michelle ~ Mommy to Joseph
May 27th, 2012, 10:40 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Yay for olives!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
May 29th, 2012, 04:03 PM
Mrs.Paradise's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
YAY for olives!!! Im so excited that you are just trucking along here!!! I think its normal to thing the worst... especially since being on jm... like I was telling you before how I felt like something bad was going to happen I think it takes until you start feeling your babies before you can really get excited at least it was for me... and from what I understand you feel them earlier when your pregnant with twins!

so just hang in there!
May 29th, 2012, 08:39 PM
I feel twinges of things on both sides, but I know it's not actually baby kicks, it's just things growing

I have no update other than I'm still so tired, go to bed early and wake up at 4am not able to get back to sleep. Work makes that a difficult schedule!

Doppler still hasn't arrived, so by the time it does I should definitely be able to hear something!

Oh and we got our minivan! They had such a wicked sale on we didn't want to wait and we figured out little car wouldn't work, especially if we want to take hubby's kids with us.

I'm also excited for this weekend because it's my dads 60th bday. My gift to him is a whole collage of pictures of us together and a Father of the Year scroll I made him in 1983 He's not sentimental but I hope he likes it! And I'm going to tell my 2 grandmas about the twins, I'll be 10 weeks, it's early I know but I'm going to give them a card or scrapbook type page with the picture from our u/s with a saying a JM sister left me "Miracles are like buses, you wait forever for 1 then 2 come along at the same time" and when I announce on FB that's what I'll use too, so applicable in my case

Make a pregnancy ticker
May 29th, 2012, 08:53 PM
I LOVE that quote about miracles. What a wonderful way to reveal the pregnancy to your grandmothers!
Mrs.Paradise likes this.

May 30th, 2012, 08:55 AM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
on the quote and as you said so applicable in your case!

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

May 30th, 2012, 11:03 AM
Mrs.Paradise's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
YAY for a MINIVAN already!!! glad you guys found a great deal on one!

LOVE the quote! I have never heard it before so I like it a lot!!! and it is sooooooooooooooooooooo TOTALLY your case!!!
May 30th, 2012, 03:38 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
I LOVE that quote. I *may* just have to borrow it! (here's hoping!)
DeepSouthMommy likes this.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
May 30th, 2012, 05:27 PM
That is a beautiful quote! It definitely applies to you.

Glad you were able to find a minivan!

May 30th, 2012, 06:36 PM
Well ladies, I had a rotten day today... not sure if I'm super sensitive to things but ug. First, my job is starting to take on way more travel than I was initially told about, like I got told today that we'll be out of town for part of next week. These are meetings I don't need to be at, but my manager is one of those that if she thinks everyone wants to be all teamy all the time... that isn't me, I actually like to sit at my desk and get work done from time to time! All I keep thinking is when we have twins, I'll have no one to watch them when we go out of town because hubby works out of town

And I had a friend tell me she was pg... I should be happy for her and I feel bad that I don't, but this was their first month ttc! All I can think of is what I went through, and what some of the girls here went through and what some are still going through and it just happens so easy for some! Thing is she's got a son and asks me all sorts of questions because she doesn't know the answers, her son is only 3, she should know what a beta is, and what an OB is and all sorts of other things. And, I wanted to feel special for awhile longer, like I was the pg one out of my friends... hubby tried to make me feel better saying we're having twins I'll be special, but twins run in her family and genetically it's "her turn". I feel so horrible for feeling this way, I just can't help it

Make a pregnancy ticker
May 30th, 2012, 06:54 PM
Maybe you can get out of trips when the twins come? How long of a maternity leave will you have?

I understand what you mean. I can see why she doesn't know what betas are because not all women get them. From talking to my friends it's mostly just people who have had losses or trouble getting pregnant. However, I'm annoyed by my friend who is due in August. She got to keep her baby, I lost mine, so now that I'm pregnant again she seems to feel that it's her duty to be the expert on pregnancy. She's pretty negative about how things feel and it honestly just reminds me of where I should be and how she should be grateful for being so lucky to keep her baby. I end up pissed off and wishing I hadn't spoken to her about it.

I just try to remind myself that it's not those people's fault that they got lucky and had an easy time of things and they just don't really know better. You just can't understand truly unless you've been there. I just take a step back from those people when I feel it's too much.

Maybe she won't have twins even though it's her "turn"and your husband is right. Twins are pretty darn special!
Mrs.Paradise likes this.

May 30th, 2012, 06:58 PM

May 30th, 2012, 07:06 PM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
Congrats on the twins again! That is so exciting! Do you plan to find out the sex of the babies?

Congrats on the minivan too! Awesome deals you got too!

Sorry about the traveling for work . Hopefully that will ease up. Would there be a way to get out of it later in pregnancy and after the babies come?

Forever missing my angel 2010

May 30th, 2012, 07:42 PM
JennyLee's Avatar TTC #1 after loss
Hey Tammy, I just wanted to stop by (finally) and let you know I'm still so excited for you! Sorry you had a rotten day though
TTC #1 since 1/11, Unexplained Infertility
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
ER 10/8 - 24 eggs, 15 fertilized!
Blast transfer 10/13, 4 snowbabies
Very faint 10/18 (5dp5dt)
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!
U/S 11/14 - Heart rate 144!