Tam's Christmas Baking

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree57Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 22nd, 2012, 05:22 PM
Tammyms's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, I wasn't sure I'd ever get to start another grad journal but here I am! The short version of my story is that as of April 13th, DH and I have been ttc our 1st together for 3 years. He has 3 kids from a previous marriage so finding out male factor was one of our issues was quite surprising! I also have PCOS which didn't help matters! We've been through 6 rounds of clomid, 3 rounds of Gonal F and 7 IUI's. One IUI was successful but I did have a m/c December 9th, 2010... my birthday

Our last chance was IVF and it worked! What an up and down roller coaster of emotions that is! They prepared me for OHSS because on my own I produced 35 follies in 1 cycle, but things weren't really growing. I ended with up with 14 follies, 11 of which were mature, 8 of those fertilized with ICSI. The next day they told us it would be a 5 day transfer because things were looking good, but 2dpt, we lost 2 embryos, 4 were really struggling and 2 were doing great so we had to go for a 3 day transfer. They decided to transfer the 2 good ones for our best chance. What a cool experience it was to see my embryos on the screen and watch them go in! We were able to freeze one which was quite a shock, but yay for fighter embryo!

So, 9dpo I was at my friends wedding and was so weepy and just felt... pregnant! So at 2am I went to my hotel and peed on sticks! My line tests were faintly + but digi was -... 7 hours later I peed on more sticks and the lines were a bit darker but digi still said -. Then at 10dpo, everything said pregnant even the digi!

My urine test from the RE isn't until Tues which is actually 18dpo, talk about painful since I've already known for a week! They don't do betas with this clinic, but they do a 7 week u/s. So I already made an appt with my GP to get a referral to an OB and that's on Thurs so things are progressing somewhat! We are leaving for our road trip on Friday so at least time will fly

My embryos! Maybe (hopefully!) they both stuck!

Progression of my IC's from trigger to BFP! I have a few more where the test line is as dark as the control line but no pic, this will have to do!

Nice and early digi at 10dpo!

My FRER at 14DPO

Make a pregnancy ticker
April 22nd, 2012, 05:34 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so happy you started a grads journal! I just know this one is for keeps! I'm betting they both stick! And they both split and you end up with quadruplets!

Seriously, though, how cool is it that you'll be able to show your baby the photo of the embryos and say that's what you looked like!

April 22nd, 2012, 06:38 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
What an amazing journey you've had so far. I really look forward to following the rest of it. Sending lots of sticky thoughts and vibes your way for both embryos to stick!

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.
April 22nd, 2012, 08:42 PM
Crystallee's Avatar Host of the Dec 2012 PR
Soo so good to see you here!

Thanks kiliki for my siggie!
April 23rd, 2012, 11:06 AM
Lex&angels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Your FRER is just beautiful! I hope your tests just keep getting darker and darker...
Mrs.Paradise likes this.

April 23rd, 2012, 11:16 AM
Cait&AngelAbove's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So happy to be reading your journal!!!

Thank you so much Bokkechick for the perfect siggie!!!
12-10-10 2-6-12
April 23rd, 2012, 02:14 PM
PinkCloud's Avatar It's a girl!!!
I'm so happy for you Tammy! I can't wait to follow your journal through this journey! Congrats
April 23rd, 2012, 02:23 PM
BabyBirdies's Avatar over the rainbow?
Love it! Can't wait to follow along!!!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
My fertility blog: Only Infertile

NTNP since March 2012, TTC since August 2012, HSG = one blocked tube, SA = normal, 1st RE 7/11 - took a zillion tests, 2nd RE appt = Tubal issue with PCOS tendencies, possible polyp, August 2013 - possible polyp, September 2013 - new job, insurance change! January 2014 - new insurance, March 2014 - new RE appointment, then surprise BFP!

April 23rd, 2012, 03:19 PM
Mrs.Paradise's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo SUPER DUPER FREAKING HOOKER FANGBANGER EXCITED for you!!!! I just KNEW this was going to be it for you!!! and I just know there is 2 in there!!! and they are going to be soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo STICKY!!!! Im sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy you have a journal! yay for Christmas baking!!!
April 23rd, 2012, 06:03 PM
So, today I had a bit of a freak out... I took a conception indicator digi test 6 days after the last one and it still said 1-2 weeks I thought with how quickly things showed up it would have for sure said 2-3 weeks... it said pregnant right away and took quite awhile for the 1-2 to show up. But, I think if I just wait a couple days it will change, my line tests looked great last time I took them!

Tomorrow is my urine test for the doc, thank God I already know the answer

Make a pregnancy ticker
April 23rd, 2012, 06:32 PM
I think it's great that the word popped up right away! Good luck at your doctor's test tomorrow! I'm sure your little one(s) are snuggling in nice and tight and that you'll get the next week on the indicator very soon!
Mrs.Paradise likes this.

April 24th, 2012, 11:34 AM
I'm sorry you had such a freak out with the conception indicator. Those tests can be evil! I've always had good experiences with them, but you're not the only one to get results that aren't what you'd expect and have everything be fine. I hope that in a couple days you get a nice 2-3

I can't believe the doctor makes you wait so long to confirm.... on a urine test! What else is the doctor even going to do at the appointment?

April 24th, 2012, 05:42 PM
So my official Due Date is December 29 The clinic called me this afternoon with all my instructions and she laughed when I told her I knew I was pregnant already

Here's my question for everyone, my GP is actually a maternity clinic and they deliver at the hospital I want to deliver at... I'm wondering if I need the referral for an OB or if I can go with my own doc? I know if something went wrong during delivery they'd have to call in an OB but chances are one would be onsite given the hospital it is. Thoughts?

They told me to tell my doc to do an u/s between May 12th and 19th, thank God for holidays in there to make time fly by!

I had to change my ticker, initially I didn't have my EDD so I put in CD 1 so everything changed by 4 days. Totally ok with that because that means my digi from yesterday is totally on track

Make a pregnancy ticker
April 25th, 2012, 02:36 PM
I think you should stick with what you feel most comfortable with! if thats your GP then stick with her! you already have a great relationship with her... so why not? I CANT believe they are going to make you wait THAT long before you get to see your babies!!! thats CRAZY!!! Im glad you have your holiday inbetween so the time will fly but STILL!!! lol and Im sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo FRIGGIN EXCITED TO MEET YOU!!!! I CANT WAIT!!!!
April 25th, 2012, 03:41 PM
DeepSouthMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Woo hoo! I'm so happy to see you have a journal here again! And no worries about that silly test. Just like with line tests, there are TONS of variables on the sensitivity of them.

Michelle ~ Mommy to Joseph
April 25th, 2012, 04:17 PM
Glad you have a date to see your babies even if it is a couple of weeks away. I hope the time flies by!

April 25th, 2012, 07:30 PM
Not much to update today... actually nothing really So that's it, just kind of saying hi, I'm still here

Make a pregnancy ticker
April 26th, 2012, 12:22 AM
I'm glad your EDD changed -- even though it might be a bit frustrating because in those first few weeks every new day feels like a victory -- because it makes your test a lot less freaky IMO!!! A 1-2 is totally normal with your new dates!
Mrs.Paradise likes this.

April 26th, 2012, 06:54 AM
GLAD your STILL HERE!!!!
April 26th, 2012, 05:20 PM
Yes Lex, I took another conception test today and got my 2-3 days indicator! I've never seen that before on my own test so I totally did a jig! I met with my GP today and have my u/s booked for May 17th. She was great! She didn't push me staying with them at all, acknowledged that because I'm an IVF patient I'm already considered higher risk and she said if it's twins or they suspect anything wrong they would refer me to an OB immediately. So she said I don't have to decide right now, that I could go for the u/s and then see if I wanted to go with an OB.

I did think it was funny when I called to book my u/s the lady on the phone asked if I was carrying twins... really? That's one of the reasons I need the u/s you... smart lady you!

So I'll be MIA for awhile, won't be back from holidays until the 9th
Belita likes this.

Make a pregnancy ticker

Last edited by Tammyms; April 26th, 2012 at 10:02 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search