Katie's January Jumpingbean

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree24Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 23rd, 2012, 12:42 PM
Mrs.Paradise's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
to what Robin said! hang in there... your baby was just too tiny to see anything!

and I LOVE that your hubby is sooooooooooo excited about it all!!! its soooooooooooo fun watching them become a daddy!!!
May 23rd, 2012, 12:59 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
At your stage of pregnancy, the lack of heartbeat means absolutely nothing. You're right around the time when the heartbeat starts. It could even be that it starts beating away tomorrow. You're just right on that cusp.

And to put the sickness into perspective, I was really sick from very early on with my first pregnancy, which ended in a miscarriage. However, with this pregnancy, I didn't start feeling queasy about the sixth week, but it didn't pick up until the eighth week. And I don't think it was ever as bad as with my first pregnancy.

So don't let any of that discourage you. My fingers are crossed that next week's u/s will provide you with the reassurance you need, as well as a glimpse at that beautiful heartbeat.
Mrs.Paradise and Nicholle ttc like this.

May 23rd, 2012, 01:13 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ditto what Adrienne said. I immediately had symptoms out the wazoo with my miscarriage. The only symptom that was more intense this time was the morning sickness and evey other symptom I had was much less than my first pregnancy. I do not believe in symptoms as an indicator of how the pregnancy is going since I've had friends who have had healthy pregnancy with no symptoms at all. And since women get different symptoms with different pregnancies, even with the same outcome, I believe symptoms are just how your body reacts to that specific combination of chromosomes that is that one baby.
Mrs.Paradise likes this.

May 23rd, 2012, 02:35 PM
thats for sure! I know that Tammy has no m/s whatsoever! and shes got 2 in there! and Idk if you know who Becks is... but she was pregnant with twins and never got sick once! and now she has 2 beautiful babies!!! so just because your not having any symptoms doesnt mean anything... and just enjoy not having them! I didnt start feeling sick until i was around 7 weeks... and have been told by a LOT of women that it didnt kick in for awhile either for them...
May 24th, 2012, 11:01 AM
KatieKat's Avatar TTC #1
Thanks so much ladies! You're all so sweet It does make me feel a lot better. Thanks . I know it's too early, everything I've read as well has said the same.

To be honest, in true Katie form, I might skip out on all things PG related for the next week and a day (that includes JM). I know myself, and I know the more I read about things, the more I'll overthink. I am just going to try and take the next week 'off' and just focus on work, life, my pups, and I hope it will just fly by. So I'll be MIA for a while. I just know myself too well

Thanks again I promise I'll update as soon as I get home from my ultrasound next Friday! (It's at 1:15 and I took the rest of the afternoon off work - so it'll be the weekend!).

~thanks to Jaidynsmum for my perfect siggy!~

May 24th, 2012, 01:47 PM
sounds like a GREAT plan!!! relax and enjoy this time!
May 24th, 2012, 02:49 PM
I'll be thinking of you and your little one! I hope the time flies by!

May 25th, 2012, 08:36 AM
Expecting #1
When I went in at 5 weeks 5 days, I only saw a sac, not even a yolk. I have longer cycles (30-31) and could have implanted late, but the u/s tech said I looked more like 5 weeks, 2 days. That is without seeing a yolk. I went in at 6 weeks 6 days and heard the heartbeat and saw my little one. A couple days can make a world of difference, but it was a LONG 8 days though. June 1st will be here before you know it!

May 30th, 2012, 05:39 PM
Thinking of you, hun. I'm still holding out tons of hope that you'll see a beautiful, flickering heartbeat on Friday!
KatieKat likes this.

May 30th, 2012, 07:56 PM
JennyLee's Avatar TTC #1 after loss
I'll be thinking of you on Friday, Katie!
KatieKat likes this.
TTC #1 since 1/11, Unexplained Infertility
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
ER 10/8 - 24 eggs, 15 fertilized!
Blast transfer 10/13, 4 snowbabies
Very faint 10/18 (5dp5dt)
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!
U/S 11/14 - Heart rate 144!

Abigail arrived 6/28/14!

My Belly Pics
May 31st, 2012, 10:36 AM
KatieKat's Avatar TTC #1
Thanks ladies. The past 8 days have been TOO SLOW! In 24 hours I'll be heading to the RE's office though! DH and I have been pretty good about not talking about things the past week. I'll update you ladies on the car ride home tomorrow
Mom2JDub likes this.

~thanks to Jaidynsmum for my perfect siggy!~

May 31st, 2012, 10:51 AM
JandJC's Avatar #2 due in April!
sending hugely positive vibes Katie!!!!!! XOXO

May 31st, 2012, 02:52 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Will be thinking of you tomorrow, Katie!!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
June 1st, 2012, 06:48 AM
today, Katie.

June 1st, 2012, 09:24 AM
Thinking of you today.

June 1st, 2012, 09:32 AM
Good Luck Katie!!! Thinking of you!

June 1st, 2012, 09:41 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Good luck today! KUP when you have an update!
xx

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
June 1st, 2012, 12:36 PM
KatieKat's Avatar TTC #1
Well it doesn't look like my little jumpingbean will make it. They couldn't find a real heartbeat - there were some little beats here and there but very very weak. It was measuring 6 weeks 3 days - which is only 2 days of growth in 9 days. They can't move forward with anything (like a D&C) until there has officially been no growth or no flicker of a heartbeat. So I have an u/s next thurs to 'call it' and them we'll decide how it will play out.

I'll probably be off JM for a while now. It means so much to me to have you ladies thinking of me though. Thank you so much. I know 7 weeks is still early but I still feel pretty broken up about it.
June 1st, 2012, 12:53 PM
Oh, Katie, I am so very sorry. This is honestly not the news that I expected to hear.

I'll be thinking of you and still hoping for a miracle for your little bean.
June 1st, 2012, 02:17 PM
Hi Katie. I sent you a PM but totally understand if you don't feel like talking. I know exactly what you're going through and I'm here for you if you need anything. I wish I could give you a hug right now!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search