Katie's January Jumpingbean

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree24Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 18th, 2012, 05:53 AM
KatieKat's Avatar TTC #1
I'm still in disbelief about my BFP, and I was going to wait until I get my first ultrasound next week to start a journal, but here I am! A little background on me - I'm Katie and DH and I were on cycle #10 of TTC #1. I had been seeing an RE and he had diagnosed me with high prolactin levels, and a small polyp in my uterus. We were going to start some medication and potentially surgery, but then I was treated to this!

I'd heard some women get their BFPs after getting an HSG, so I guess the same is true for hystersonograms . I had a few days of spotting, but my betas came back at 155 (18 DPO) and 600 (22 DPO). So they are low but seem to be doubling ok. I'm hoping with all my heart for a sticky sticky bean!

Thanks for reading
Mrs.Paradise likes this.
May 18th, 2012, 05:57 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was hoping you'd start a grad journal soon! You don't have to hide your siggy here, either!

I'm so, so, so happy for you, Katie! I was also supposed to start tests and fell pregnant. I hope that you see a beautiful little blob with a strongly beating heart at your appt next week!

May 18th, 2012, 06:05 AM
KatieKat's Avatar TTC #1
Thanks so much Robyn (I couldn't remember if ppl hid their signatures in the grad journals - thanks). Wednesday can't come soon enough! I feel like I'll finally be sincerely excited after that if everything looks ok. I'm just so nervous at this point.

5 weeks 4 days

DH wanted to tell his parents and sister so badly, so he did on Tuesday night. They are SO excited for us, it's really really cute. They know we've been trying for a little while, and it's been so amazing to have their support. My MIL called me last night just to tell me how happy she was, and how much they loved me etc. SO CUTE.

I'm going to wait and tell my family closer to the 9 week mark. I'd like to tell them in person and they live far away, so 9 weeks it will be!

I was surprised when the fatigue hit me a few days ago - man am I zonked! I'll happily take any pregnancy symptoms I can get - but I was not expecting to feel so tired so soon!
Mrs.Paradise and Belita like this.

~thanks to Jaidynsmum for my perfect siggy!~

May 18th, 2012, 06:23 AM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Woohoo!

I was so very happy when you got your BFP, Katie! And I am so very happy you started a grads journal!

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.
May 18th, 2012, 09:49 AM
I started feeling tired at around 6 weeks. It's amazing how quickly all those things start! Frequent urination started around then for me, too, as did waking up during the night to go to the bathroom! Welcome to pregnancy! It's amazing and not the most comfortable experience, but it'll all be worth it for us in the end!
Mrs.Paradise likes this.

May 18th, 2012, 07:12 PM
Tammyms's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay for coming over and starting a journal! Your betas sounds awesome, as long as they are doubling properly you're good to go And yup, the exhaustion for me is the biggest symptom and started right away!
Mrs.Paradise likes this.

Make a pregnancy ticker
May 22nd, 2012, 05:51 AM
KatieKat's Avatar TTC #1
6 weeks 1 day

Nothing much to report today - I'm feeling really anxious about tomorrow's ultrasound - I just want it to be 11:30 tomorrow already! The last few days I haven't felt many of the symptoms I first felt, but I am trying not to read too much into that yet. Tomorrow will tell. DH is coming with - which is nice.

It was the long weekend here - and the weather was amazing! So nice to finally get out and get the flowers in the garden, clean up the yard, put away the winter clothes etc.

Provided tomorrow goes well - I'm going to start doing belly pics next week
Mrs.Paradise and Belita like this.

May 22nd, 2012, 06:07 AM
I bet tomorrow will go wonderfully. Symptoms come and go and symptoms are not necessarily an indicator of a healthy pregnancy either, so try not to worry about that (easier said than done, I know). I can't wait for your update!
Mrs.Paradise likes this.

May 22nd, 2012, 06:12 AM
Can't wait for belly pics! Hope the next 24-ish hours goes by as quickly as possible.

May 22nd, 2012, 07:38 AM
Expecting #1
Good luck with the u/s tomorrow!! Don't worry if you don't hear the heartbeat though. I went for my first u/s when I was a little bit earlier than you are now and just saw the sac. A week later I saw the baby and heard the heartbeat. I did freak out for a week in between the first and second u/s and that wasnt any fun.

May 22nd, 2012, 12:04 PM
Mrs.Paradise's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
YAY Katie im sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy for you!!! i must have missed your pg announcement... but Im so glad you are over here!!! its soooooooooooooooooooooooooo hard not to worry about if your little baby is going to stick or not... and I hate to tell you that it doesnt get any easier as time goes... lol Im still worried... I cant wait to hear Landons hb tonight! CANT WAIT to see your little bean!!! and start seeing your belly bump pics!!!
May 23rd, 2012, 05:58 AM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
GL at your u/s today! I can't wait to hear about it! And I can't wait to see belly pics!!!!

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

May 23rd, 2012, 06:07 AM
Thinking of you today. I hope you see that tiny little heartbeat flickering away!
Mrs.Paradise likes this.

May 23rd, 2012, 06:21 AM

May 23rd, 2012, 06:37 AM
KatieKat's Avatar TTC #1
Thanks so much ladies! I won't lie - I'm incredibly nervous (like stomach in throat nervous).

May 23rd, 2012, 06:45 AM
I felt the same way, still do, before ultrasounds. I'm sure all will be grand and you'll have the best moment of your life watching that little heartbeat flickering away and seeing your little grain of rice!
Mrs.Paradise and Nicholle ttc like this.

May 23rd, 2012, 10:08 AM
KatieKat's Avatar TTC #1
6 weeks 2 days

Well I just got back from my ultrasound. I'm still in limbo it seems. They found a gestational sac and yolk sac, and what the tec said she 'thought' was the embryo (it was 2.1 mm - very small). Things were measuring a little behind schedule, but I know that's not a big deal. Unfortunately no heartbeat though.

The doc said that the lack of heartbeat didn't mean much yet. He said they can't say either way if it's a viable pregnancy or not.

So I am going back June 1st for a repeat. I'll be 7 weeks 4 days at that point so there will be a definite outcome either way. I do not want to wait a week and a half but at least this way there will be no wishy washy results.

I just have a bad feeling I can't shake. A lot of it has to do with the fact that I haven't been sick at all, and the bloated feeling I had back in week 4/5 is gone (I know symptoms come and go but it's hard convincing myself it doesn't mean anything).

[DH was so cute though. He was asking the tec what everything on the screen was, and stading up closer to the screen to get a better view. He's just as dissapointed as I am that there was no hb.]
Mrs.Paradise likes this.

May 23rd, 2012, 10:19 AM
I'm sorry you didn't see the heartbeat, but you are still on the early side of being able to see a heartbeat. I'll BRB. I have a link to a chart that was very reassuring to ladies in my DDC who had similar experiences. I think that's very encouraging that you were able to see all those things and the doctor thinks he saw the embryo!
Mrs.Paradise likes this.

May 23rd, 2012, 10:24 AM
Here it is! The Online Pregnancy Test (OPT) - Am I Pregnant? | BabyMed.com

You're right at the cusp for seeing a heartbeat.

I know that it's hard to shake those feelings, but I was feeling nothing but good things about my first pregnancy and that ended in loss. I had a bad feeling about this one and this is turning out to be my healthy baby. I have faith that everything will be okay for you and you're just a day or two off.
Mrs.Paradise likes this.

May 23rd, 2012, 10:47 AM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
I'm sorry you didn't see the heartbeat. Like Robyn said, it's still early. I'm glad that you have a f/u u/s. Love that DH was so involved!
Mrs.Paradise likes this.

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2