Julie's first little peanut!!!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree17Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 20th, 2012, 01:07 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Wow! First, great news on a great appointment, the pictures are adorable. Secondly, I love that your bosses are being so great. I've had my fair share of managers/bosses, and while I can imagine most would have been good, I know I've had a few that would have been a challenge.

Yay!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
June 21st, 2012, 02:27 PM
Expecting #1
Thanks I really work with some great people and I love my bosses.

June 28th, 2012, 10:13 AM
Expecting #1
13 weeks 1 day

DH and I have been telling a few more people, only family and really close friends. Its a little strange, but I sort of like keeping this our amazing secret from everyone and just enjoy the journey with a select few. I won't be able to keep the secret much longer as my stomach is starting to pop a little bit. My choices from my closet are getting a little limited as far as tops, but I can make do for a while.

DH and I are going to New York for our neice's baptism and for a little vacation, so I think we will start telling more people after we get back on July 19th.

The nausea feeling seems to be very infrequent, but still comes and goes, mainly when I need to eat. I have been really tired lately, but I went for some blood tests last week and it looks like my iron is low. I was anemic before, so when I meet with my doctor tomorrow, I may have to go on an iron supplement.

Here is our announcement picture that we sent to our families and closest friends:

Happy Thursday!!

June 28th, 2012, 10:15 AM
This announcement is adorable!!!

June 28th, 2012, 10:33 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
very cute!

June 28th, 2012, 10:50 AM
Expecting #1
Thanks! DH is a UNC alum so he wanted to incorporate that into our announcement. He already has the baby's graduation date from UNC planned out. LOL.

June 28th, 2012, 11:04 AM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Very cute announcement.

Hope the iron supplementation won't be so bad. I became anemic early in the pregnancy, too, even though I'd never been anemic before. I was dreading supplementation because normal vitamins make me so sick to my stomach. I take one Bifera (which contains both heme and non-heme iron) per day, and it doesn't upset my stomach. Since it has both forms of iron (and non-synthetic), it absorbs better, so my iron levels haven't gotten worse during the pregnancy. And I fortunately don't have to suffer from upset stomach either.

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.
July 13th, 2012, 10:12 AM
Expecting #1
15 weeks 2 days
So I had my appointment last Tuesday and everything seemed to be going well. Doctor was running super behind, so DH and I had to wait a little over an hour to go back to a room. The doctor came in and I asked a couple questions.

I did tell her that I have been dizzy and that my iron and blood sugar was low on my last labs with my hemotologist, but it seems that its just because I haven't eaten in a while. She told me to snack more, which my hemotologist also said, so I guess I need to eat more. I thought I was doing good, eating pretty much every two-three hours a healthy snack (fruit, yogurt, cheese and crackers) or meal... guess I wont say no to eating more She said to grab and protien snack before bed everynight. I'm usually not hungry, but I eat dinner between 6-7 and am in bed by 10 at the latest. So no more supplements for now! WhooHoo!

I'm up 5 pounds so far, which from what I was reading seems pretty much on target. Got to hear the heartbeat on the doppler, 160 bpm! I love hearing my little peanut's heartbeat.

Two more weeks until my anatomy scan.... July 25th!!!!! Can't wait for the big gender reveal!!! DH and I are leaving for NYC tomorrow and will be there for a week. So next week will fly by. My next appointment will be here before I know it!

July 13th, 2012, 10:28 AM
Sounds like things are going well. Hope the next couple of weeks go really fast for you. Have fun in NYC!

July 13th, 2012, 10:30 AM
I love when you get busy in between appointments...makes the time pass so much faster!

August 1st, 2012, 06:40 AM
Expecting #1
18 weeks

So its been a crazy couple of weeks. DH and I went to New York City and to Western MA. We saw DH's family in MA and met our niece, it was her baptism. It was nice to see family and share our news in person Then we spent a couple days in New York City exploring and eating. It was a great trip!!

We came back and I had my anatomy scan. My LO was being so uncooperative! Baby was sitting real low and was curled around. There was no about of poking that was moving the baby. It almost seems like baby was sleeping and would move an arm or leg when poked, just like mommy does when DH tries to get me up in the morning! I am a bear to wake up, but once I am out of bed I am bubbly and energized. Guess my stubborness and tendency to be a bear in the morning was passed on to the LO. The u/s tech needed to get certain measurements and see the heart so she did a transvaginal scan and did see between the legs for a split second. She said she was 99% sure it was a boy, but when the doctor came in he said he wasn't quite so sure with the picture. The u/s tech then started questioning herself so we left without knowing for sure, but with a strong feeling boy.

Other than baby being stubborn, baby looked healthy and the heart looked great and we only could get a shot of one of the kidneys. Doctor said to come back in 7 weeks, so I will go back in the beginning of September for another u/s. Its strange to not have another appt with the high risk doctor for 7 weeks, so far its been every 4 with the risk dr. and every 4 with my regular ob. The high risk dr. is just for consulting and tracks the baby's growth, they don't deliver, so I have to see both the whole pregnancy. Doesn't bother me much, other than waiting rooms, because I get extra looks at baby and extra reassurance everything is going well.

So since DH and I couldn't wait until September we scheduled an elective u/s. It was last night and this time, I drank sweet tea and OJ and even had a cookie right before the appointment. I was hoping all the sugar would wake the baby up and have the baby bouncing off the walls. I was right!!!

Baby is a GIRL!!!!! We were sitting there in such shock because my gut said boy since the beginning and the u/s tech at the high risk office said 99% sure it was a boy. So this u/s tech, who used to work at my high risk Dr.'s office and decided to open her own business, showed us several different angles (thank you baby for cooperating!!) and described what we were looking at and showed us the princess parts and then described what we would have seen if baby was a boy. I'm glad she did that because it gave me a little peace of mind. DH is still concerned that at the next appointment the u/s tech will say boy.

We would be happy with either boy or girl, but we wanted to start shopping. I feel confident enough to start my shopping now though! We had a crib picked out for boy and a different one for girl, so we will go and get that in the next couple weeks, but I can't wait to start getting some shoes, bows and dresses. I'm just so excited to know!!!

Well here is are two pictures of my sweet little girl
Princess parts:

Profile shot:

August 1st, 2012, 07:46 AM
Yeah, that princess part shot looks nothing like the same shot of my little boy. I'd agree with girl!

August 1st, 2012, 08:43 AM
Yay for Team Pink!

August 1st, 2012, 08:48 AM
Yep, all girl! And what a cute profile shot.

Have fund shopping for your adorable princess.

August 3rd, 2012, 06:40 AM
Expecting #1
18 weeks 2 days

So yesterday was DH and my anniversary. He is so thoughtful for gifts, he really is such an amazing guy! This was our four year anniversary so the traditional gift is flowers/fruit and modern, but I did find a couple places that said it was traditional, is linen/silk. So DH sent me some flowers and got me a silk pregnancy top. He also got me some other clothes because my clothing stash (bottoms) is very limited these days. He picked up a matching sleep set for me and the baby. Its super cute, its a gray nursing pajama dress and the onesie is a gown with a monkey on the front. Very cute!! DH also got me a pregnancy pillow. I love it already!! Last night I was all curled in it and slept pretty good.

We went out to a nice dinner out at the beach and then came home and watched a movie. It was a nice anniversary. Tonight we are going on Dh's Company yacht to cruise the river for a bit and then heading to the baseball stadium, its on the river, and going to watch the minor league team play tonight. Should be fun night too.

One of my co-workers was telling me she has a good friend who is in the business of buying people's stuff, who are downsizing, and then reselling the items. I guess its just like a consignment shop, but its only for high-end items. She only buys high quality items and most of her "clients" are known around the community and are pretty well-off. So my co-worker was telling me she has loads of baby stuff. DH and I planned to get pretty much everything new, but we are going to go check it out today and see what she has.

Now that we know we are having a girl, I am trying to plan out the nursery theme in my head and I've already looked at a bunch of ideas. Our nursery is a very, very large room so I don't want the wall color to be too strong. I think I am leaning toward using soft pinks, grays, and white. I have a vision of what I want it to look like, now I will have to start picking out the pieces.

Yay for Friday!!!!

August 3rd, 2012, 09:21 AM
What a sweet husband! Glad the pillow worked so well for you.

I can't wait to see your nursery!

August 6th, 2012, 06:46 AM
Expecting #1
18 weeks 5 days

So this weekend was pretty much a relaxing kind of weekend. We didnt do any housework for the most part and relaxed a lot. Friday we took the boat over to a minor league baseball game and sat up in DH's Company's suite for the game. Thank god for AC in the suite because it was so hot out! After about the 5th inning we went and sat outside to watch the rest of the game and sit under the fans. I could get used to watching baseball games like that!! The game went by really quickly so we stayed for the whole game and took the boat back to DH's work. We live about a less than 10 minute walk from the stadium so we were going to walk home if I got tired and then walked to DH's work the next day to pick up the car (we both work less than 2 miles from the house), but since it was still pretty early we took the boat back. It was a nice night with a great breeze on the water.

Saturday we relaxed a bunch and then walked over to the Jaguar football stadium for DH's Stadium Challenge 5K. It was so strange to just be a cheerleader and not run in it. If the run didnt go up all the ramps in the stadium, I probably would have tried to run/walk the run, but I thought it was too much so I just cheered on DH. He did great even with the pouring rain!

Once my doctor said to put my marathon training on hold and keep my distances to 5 miles or less, I have been too scared to run more than 3 miles and really only just walk for the most part. I know I read it was okay to run if you are a runner, but everytime I did I felt like I hurt the baby and was all worred. So for peace of mind, I just stick to walking. Plus, I get so tired so easily so my body is even telling me to slow down!

Sunday it was all rainy so I just read and watched some movies while DH studied for the CPA exam. We went and saw Dark Knight last night and it was pretty good. It didnt feel like a 3 hour movie and it was a good movie to see in IMAX. It was pretty loud and I was worried the noice was scaring the baby, but I only felt her move once or twice during the movie so maybe she was sleeping right through it.

We didnt get any shopping in, but we looked online for some pieces we want to decorate the nursery. I think we have a plan set and will go pick out the wall color in the next week or so. I want to get the walls painted before we get the furniture. We are still deciding between a chandelier or a ceiling fan/light. I want a white crystal or pink chandelier and of course DH wants something a little more pratical because it can get a little warm on the second floor so he wants a fan. I am sure I will get my chandelier as we have a white tower fan we can use if its warm in the room, but we will look to see if anything strikes an interest.

Now back to the grind... I can't believe its already August. Time flies when you are having fun!

August 6th, 2012, 07:11 AM
What a great weekend! Sounds like you squeezed in fun activities with relaxation. Can't go wrong with that.

I was a long-distance runner before getting pregnant, too. I kept up running at the beginning... scaling back to just 3 miles at a time. However, I started feeling weird about it, too, and then just switched to walking 3 miles at a time. I've gotten a lot of BH contractions throughout my pregnancy, though, and sometimes just walking that far would start to trigger them. So I haven't been good about walking in the third trimester. I walk a lot on my campus (where I work), but not the set 3-mile route that I have around my neighborhood. I don't think there's anything wrong with being cautious, even if everything would still probably be okay. There's plenty of time for running after the baby arrives.

Good luck with the nursery planning. I look forward to seeing your progress. Another girlie nursery! We don't have enough of those in the grads section.

August 6th, 2012, 08:56 AM
Sounds like a great weekend! I can imagine just how nice it must have been to be in a luxury box!

August 13th, 2012, 09:46 AM
Expecting #1
19 weeks 5 days
So this past week has just flown by. I have been extremely busy at work, which is good because then time just flies.

I had my monthly pre-natal appointment last Friday. The nurse asked me if I wanted to do to the MSA testing and I also wanted to test for cystic fibrosis, so I had both of those done. I wanted to get the testing done, so in the event there is something wrong, at least I will have met with the right doctors and be more prepared. The nurse took my blood and it hurt so bad. Its never hurt that bad while getting my blood work done. When I was leaving I took the bandaid off and there was already a bruise on my arm... its still there today. Yuck!

I met with the doctor and the doppler found my LO's heartrate right away, 155 bpm. I talked to my doctor about getting dizzy a lot from standing and she didnt seem too concerned but said to keep moving around and not stand still. I am hoping the dizzy feeling from standing for 5-10 minutes goes away.

So over the weekend DH and I went and looked at cribs and bought some girly outfits. He isn't sold on my color theme and wants to "think" about it for a while. He is pretty indecisive when it comes to decorating so I am not sure why he hasnt given me the green light yet. We are going to one more store this weekend to look at some more cribs and then decide on paint color for the room. I am just worried he is going to keep "thinking" until its almost too late to get everything done! He originally wanted a dark wood color for the crib, but I think he is starting to see how the white will look more elegant and girly with the color theme I have picked out. Plus the color theme I want is soft and girly (soft pink, gray and white) I think he is just saying this now, because he wants to have more of a say. I guess I should have talked to him more about colors and such before just deciding. I'm just so excited to start working on the nursery.

The baby has been moving around a lot lately. She is a little squirmer in there! When I was laying in bed the other morning I could actually see my belly twitch from her moving around. I told DH to come watch and we both saw what we are pretty sure was movement. You couldnt feel it from the outside, but you could see my belly move. It was so amazing. I can't wait until he can put a hand on my belly and feel the movement!

Happy Monday all!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search