Julie's first little peanut!!!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree17Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 13th, 2012, 10:37 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope the dizziness eases up.

It's so exciting to see that movement and feel it from the outside! I hope your husband is able to feel her soon!

Don't husbands understand that they don't really get an opinion in nursery decor? I hope you can get him to come around to something before much longer. With those colors, I think white would look very nice.

August 13th, 2012, 12:12 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
I too, was a long distance runner...but I am opting for only walking now...I am way too freaked out to do anything like my running or strength training, which was pretty heavy. Do what YOU are comfortable doing!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
August 15th, 2012, 06:48 AM
Expecting #1
20 weeks

Well I am officially halfway there!! WhooHoo!! Its such a nice feeling. I kept thinking wow, this pregnancy is just flying by. I would then think that I had more weeks left than I was pregnant, but now I dont!

There were 7 women pregnant in the office and now its just down to two. One is due in 4 weeks and me. All the women in the office have gone early naturally too (10 days-5 wks), one went 7 wks early but there was a medical need to induce her. So it seems like if I follow the trend, I might be early too! Its nice to think I will get to meet my little girl a week or two early. She can stay as long as she wants, but its fun to try and predict when she will come and think about that day. Of course, when I am 37/38 weeks, I may be wishing she is ready to come out.

So my mom and I have been talking baby shower stuff. I guess I am having one in Florida for friends, coworkers and some family, but the main family one will be in Chicago. Since she is throwing it for me, I told her better pick a date in October because I need to book a flight before it gets too expensive and last minute. She then of course got on me about starting my baby registry. Of course, I told her it was so early, but she wants it to be up and ready so she can tell people to look there. I guess family is wanting to start buying stuff already and my family, while they like to do their own thing, is also really good about getting us stuff we need as well. So of course, I got online with DH and spent a little over 4 hours adding stuff to the BRU registry. Wow that was overwhelming! There is just SO much. I am trying to use the suggested list of things I would need as a starting point, but I enlisted my SIL for help. She made out this long list of baby things I will need from care/safety to activity and strollers.

We still have to pick out the bedding and blankets and go look at things in the store to make sure we like everything just as much in person and make sure the strollers/car seat arent too heavy and easy to use.

So this weekend's plan is to finalize the registry, pick out the paint color for the nursery and get the rest of our clothes into our closet from the spare room. Our Master isnt huge and looks more elegant with just the king bed and two nightstands so we keep our initmates in dressers in the spare. We have a huge master closet, but it doesnt have built-in shelves so now we have to find a solution to this problem. I think I am just going to get those baskets for the top shelves to put our initimates in and maybe a small dresser for inside the closet for PJs and workout clothes.

I picked out our chandelier... its absolutely gorgeous and I hope that we can go pick it up this weekend and install, but that might be a lofty goal with everything we have planned this weekend. Here is a picture of the one that I love... Pink Alyssa Chandelier | Pottery Barn Kids

I think once the paint color is on the walls and chadelier installed, it will be easy to pick out the furniture because we will just know what fits.

I picked out some bedding, but its a little pricey for baby bedding. I just keep thinking about how its going to get puked and peed on, even though I absolutely LOVE it! http://www.babybedding.com/pink-and-...k-crib-bedding I havent found anything like it yet and this is exactly what I pictured in my head when dreaming up my little girl's nursery. Lots of decisions to make!!! This stuff is so much fun!!!

I am just so excited to start the whole decorating process!

Other than the nursery on the brain, baby girl has been moving around lots. She was kicking and moving a bunch last night. DH could see the movement on my belly, but he still couldn't feel it. He rested his head on my belly and talked to our little girl while she was moving around. She stopped bouncing around while DH talked, but once he stopped she was all over the place again. I just absolutely love this point of pregnancy withe movement and excitment of planning for her arrival with decorating!!!

Happy Wednesday all!
Mom2JDub likes this.

August 15th, 2012, 07:02 AM
I can't wait to see pics of your nursery!

I'd already done my registry by 20 weeks, so not too early at all! It is overwhelming and does take forever. So much different than wedding registry since this stuff is important.

August 15th, 2012, 09:37 AM
I also can't wait to see the nursery! I'm obsessed!

I am thinking the same thing with my bedding. So far, I've only found one set I like, and it's way more than I would normally want to spend, but I might just get one set of really nice sheets, then all the rest just whatever!

August 28th, 2012, 07:09 AM
Expecting #1
21 weeks 6 days

So its been a whirlwind of busy lately. I still can't believe how fast the weeks are passing by. Every Friday, I can't believe its Friday already. So DH and I have been busy preparing the nursery and getting ready for our LO's arrival. We picked out our nursery furniture a little over a week ago and the lady said it would take 7-14 days to get the furniture. Fast forward 3 days and I get a call its in! We weren't prepared for it to come in so quickly. We have a little sports car so we had to decide whether to get it delivered or rent a truck for the day. We opted on renting a truck for the day on Sunday and got our furniture home. It was heavy, but DH managed and I helped by guiding the furniture onto a luggage cart to wheel it into the house, but that was my only contribution.

We picked up two more paint samples because the one we picked up seems a little dark for the whole room. We will probably paint the squares sometime next week.

I ordered the chandelier! I am so excited for it to come it and get it installed. Now we just need to pick the color for the room and DH will paint so we can start setting everything up! I can't wait.

We won't have too much left to do for the nursery, just pick up the chair, rug and curtains. I am going to buy some shelves and picture frames from Etsy, which I have already picked out. I already ordered the fabric swatches for the bedding that I loved and its the perfect color! So I will just have to order all of that. I think for the next two months, we are going to slowly get a thing here and there so we can slowly add all the parts. I am afraid if I get it all done now, I will just continue to buy stuff for our little girl and we will just have too much! Which isnt exactly a bad thing

DH told me that he is going to call our little girl pumpkin. So he has his nickname, but we still need to decide on a name. We have three names and we are testing them out by saying them here and there and just see which one works the best.

DH finally felt her move last night. I kept putting his hand on my belly when she was moving and then she would stop or only do really soft movements. Finally last night she was moving around big time and I had DH put his hand on my belly and after a minute or so she gave one of her biggest kicks yet. I asked him if he felt her and he looked up at me with the hugest grin and said he felt it. He was so happy and was smiling ear to ear. He laid next to me for a while touching my belly and talking to her and she only gave one more big movement. The rest were just small movements that he couldn't feel. I am so happy he finally got to feel her. I know he has really been wanting to feel her kicks.

Next on the agenda is to finalize our new SUV purchase. We have been looking for a little over two months and the past two weekends we have been going to lots to look in person and narrow down our list. We test drove a bunch over the weekend and I think we have our list narrowed down to 3 cars. Its been hard to adjust mentally and find something because we are trying to be more practical, but getting rid of the little luxury sports car convertible is going to be hard.

This weekend we are heading down to Tampa to relax and get away. We are really excited and hoping for good weather.

Hope everyone is having a fabulous week!

August 28th, 2012, 08:18 AM
As soon as I started reading your post about your sports car, the first question that popped into my head is "what are you going to do about a car seat!!?" But you clearly answered that as I continued to read

You are making great progress on the nursery! Can't wait to see pics when it is done!

August 28th, 2012, 09:26 AM
Karin!

Sounds like you're making great progress on things. I totally purchased all of my things for the nursery very close together and now find myself buying more just because I'm excited to buy things for my little boy, so if you can hold yourself to a slow and steady pace, that will be good!

You'll have to post pictures when you finish the squares. I wouldn't have the patience and I'm not so sure DH would have the patience if I asked him to do that either!

August 28th, 2012, 04:32 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
What an awesome update! So much going on. You must be super-excited. I hope you'll post pics of the nursery. I would love to see it when it's all complete.

September 5th, 2012, 07:35 AM
Expecting #1
23 weeks

Wow these weeks are just flying by. I guess keeping busy with baby stuff and other stuff has really been helping the time fly. So baby stuff was put on a slight hold for a week or so while DH and I looked for a new car. We both work downtown 3 buildings down from each other and live downtown as well (2 miles from work) so when we moved downtown, we opted to get rid of the second car. There simply was no need. We carpool, so if one of us had to stay late or go to a work event, then the other could walk/run home or we could make an extra trip to the house. We have been doing it for over a year and its worked wonderfully. Plus it really helped us save extra QUICK. So we kept the fun little convertible. When we started to TTC, we knew we would need something bigger, but figured we would wait until we got pregnant, not knowing how long it would take. Once we got pregnant, we knew it was time and wanted to wait until Aug-Oct to get some good end of the year sales when dealerships are trying to get rid of last year's model. So we started our search for a new SUV..... wow I thought looking at carseats was daunting. Now, we had to really look at safety ratings and cargo space... which we never really looked all that much into before. For the past two weeks, we have been test driving and trying to get the best deal and walking out of several dealerships when they wouldn't give us what we wanted (I am a lawyer so I sort of haggle for a living and can walk away when its not the best deal I can get, especially knowing there are SO many dealerships to go to and do business with.) Anyways.... we FINALLY got our new SUV and we couldnt be more thrilled this process is over. We are now the proud owners of an Acura MDX.

Whew... back to baby stuff. We still haven't painted the tester samples on the walls yet because we have been so busy with car shopping. We are going to do it this week and hopefully paint this weekend! I will post some pictures of the color options after it gets painted.

Our chandelier came in on Friday and so that just adds another box to all the boxes we have downstairs waiting for the nursery to be painted. We have the three large boxes with all of the furniture and then the big chandelier box. It will be nice to have the nursery painted because then I can get rid of the boxes!!

This past weekend, Dh and I went down to Tampa for a weekend away. We saw the Yankees play the Rays and spent a lot of time at Clearwater Beach. It was nice to take a break and just relax.

This Friday, I have my monthly OB appointment and I am sure I will have to schedule my glucose testing. I asked about that at the last appointment and she said I would schedule it for sometime between 24-26 weeks (I think). Next week, we go back to my high risk OB and get another peek at our little girl. Its been 5 weeks since we have seen her, its the longest time we have gone without an u/s. Huge benefit of being high risk, is lots of u/s!!

I have been feeling the little pumpkin move around a lot lately. I am fairly certain she found my bladder yesterday and was bouncing around on it. I felt like I had to go every 30 minutes to an hour and when I would go almost nothing would come out, it was just more of an urge. DH has felt and seen her move around a lot lately too. He has been feeling some of her biggest kicks yet. He loves it! When he sees my belly move, he will put his face real close to my belly and start talking to our girl. Its super sweet.

So I am not doing pregnancy pictures, but am taking a few shots here and there just to keep a record of me pregnant... Here is me at Clearwater beach 22 weeks 4 days

September 5th, 2012, 08:58 AM
First of all, I totally ditto your thoughts on the one good part about being high risk! LOTS of u/s! We get one every 4 weeks, at least.

Congrats on the new car purchase! I've seen that exact car around town a lot, and it looks NICE.

Glad you had some time away for a little R&R! You look fab! x

September 5th, 2012, 01:26 PM
Even though I really don't want to be HR, part of me wouldn't mind the extra ultrasounds!

I have a few friends who have had the Acura MDX and they loved it. I've ridden in them and they are nice cars. Good buy!

September 5th, 2012, 05:18 PM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
Congrats on the new car! Awww...how cute of DH

Forever missing my angel 2010

September 6th, 2012, 06:30 AM
Expecting #1
Being labeled high risk was a little more nerve racking at first, but getting multiple u/s helped. Plus I would see my regular OB and sometimes get an u/s or she would just use the doppler. So either way every 2 weeks, I was hearing the heartbeat or seeing my LO.

We love the Acura! It has more than enough space to accomodate a stroller, car seat, and baby gear... plus we can also fit in the dogs at the same time, which is a huge plus!!

September 10th, 2012, 07:01 AM
Expecting #1
23 weeks 5 days

So I had my monthly OB appointment last Friday. Everything went well and we heard our little girl's heartbeat for a while. 155 bpm. My OB just had asked whether I felt movement and I told her that she is getting into a regular pattern and I feel her all the time. So she has the doppler on and she starts moving and then we got to hear two big kicks! She even kicked right where the doppler was. It was a sweet sound of the hearing the kick.

I scheduled my glucose testing for October 5th, I will be just over 27 weeks. I am nervous about the test because my Dad has diabetes and so did his side of the family. I have gotten my blood sugar tested before and I am well within the normal range, I even did a health screening shortly after getting pregnant that showed my blood sugar in the normal range, but I still get nervous. My OB said I didn't have to fast, but to avoid sweets the night before and try to eat just a slice of toast or a plain bagel for breakfast. I haven't had a real sweet tooth, so that shouldn't be too much of a problem.

So we had the baby registry all finished, but then my mom and my sister started making comments about how we put such an expensive stroller on the registry, the BOB, and we wanted a Britax everyday stroller. My response was that I am a runner and did my research on running strollers and the BOB is what I wanted to suit my needs. I also know its sort of bulky and heavy so using it as an everyday stroller may be difficult so we wanted something for everyday walking. DH and I walk a lot, so we know we need good quality strollers that will last. I never asked them to buy it for us, I just put it on our registry. If they don't want to buy it for me, then there are plenty of other things they can get us, or just a gift card.

I know that DH and I have slightly expensive taste on certain things, but I am also a firm believer, that with somethings you get what you pay for. I don't always think that expensive is better, but sometimes there is a reason why something may be priced slightly higher than something else and that is where the research comes in. So we did a lot of research on car seats and strollers and other baby necessities... yes, some of what we picked out is expensive, but just because its on the registry, doesn't mean they have to get us something that is that expensive. There are plenty of less expensive options on the registry.

So we painted the two other gray colors on the wall this weekend. Here are the three options. The middle one has a purple color to it, so we won't use that one and the one on the left is a little dark. I love the two end colors, but the one on the right is lighter and most likely won't look too dark with the whole room painted. We are going to wait a week before making the decision because we want to see how the color looks in different lighting.

I bought some stuff on Carters site this week during the sale and got this cute penguin onesie. I have a slight obession with penguins, so I HAD to get this...

And here is the bed of goods we have thus far. I tried to organize everything by size, but we have a lot of clothes so far. I can't wait to wash everything and fold it all up and put it in the dresser drawers After we paint this room, this will be our nursery and this furniture will go elsewhere. The nursery furniture is still in the boxes downstairs.

September 10th, 2012, 08:45 AM
Wow you have a lot of gear! YAY!

I totally hear you on the registry. DH and I tend to have expensive taste in SOME things as well. Other things, we really don't care, but for some, we've done our research and you get what you pay for. I wouldn't worry too much about it. We put some higher ticket items on our registry that we don't expect anyone to get, but if they are on there, we can use our fulfillment bonus after the baby is born to get them at a discount

September 10th, 2012, 09:39 AM
I got hassled for my wedding registry, but I'm like you and Karin. You get what you pay for and we'd both lived on our own for years so I was seeing it as an opportunity for upgrade not as getting essentials. Like you said, I think as long as there are other options for people who don't want to spend that much it's no big deal. With the BRU registry, though, you're probably better off saving up their coupons than using the fulfillment since the coupons are always 20% and their fulfillment is 10%. Bed Bath and Beyond is the same with their registry. I don't understand why these places that hand out 20% off coupons like candy don't give the same to their fulfillment, but that's a rant that is getting away from the topic.

I love the penguin onesie! I love penguins, too. She's going to look adorable in it!

September 12th, 2012, 09:30 AM
Expecting #1
24 weeks

Well this is a fun day... viability!!! I feel our little girl moving around everyday so I feel so much more relaxed and now that I hit the 24 week mark, I think my nerves can take a break until I get to about 36 wks (if not before) when I will start worrying about baby's arrival.

Today we went in to the high risk OB and had another long anatomy scan. The u/s tech confirmed we had a little girl I wanted to make sure before really getting the nursery done, even though I think I will still be wondering until the day she is born. She was being stubborn again and it was taking the tech a while to get the shot of the heart she wanted. She wanted to see both sides and the baby wouldn't flip. She did at the end, but the tech did say she was a stubborn little girl. DH was shaking his head and after the tech left said that our little girl may be half of him, but she gets her stubbornness from me.

We got some great shots of our little girl and she is measuring 1 lb. 9 oz and has some long legs. She is in the 59% and is measuring a few days ahead of schedule. I said well maybe she will come a little early and the tech said she most likely will just be a bigger baby. I really hope she doesn't get to be 10 lb.! I was 8lb. something and DH was 7lb. something, so I am guessing our little one will be in the 8lb. range if she is full term. I told my family no more NB size as she might not even fit into it when she is born.

When we were waiting for the doctor to come in, DH said he is going to be a wreck when it comes time to deliver. He admitted how nervous he gets before u/s and he was really nervous when the tech kept focusing on the heart because she was trying to get another side view. He kept thinking something was wrong. I told him that if I have to have a planned induction, which many people with my condition have to have, he will be a nervous wreck so I am hoping I go naturally so he doesnt have too much time to freak himself out.

So we go back for another u/s in 4 more weeks. Its crazy to think I will be 28 weeks at the next appointment! Time is flying!

Tonight we are going to put up the chandelier in the nursery. We wanted to wait on putting sutff up in the nursery until after we confirmed we had a little girl. I don't think DH will paint this weekend because we have friends coming into town on Saturday and Sunday we will be at the Jaguars football game. Hopefully, next weekend we can paint, or shall I say, DH can paint. It seems like we have a lot to do still, but at the same time we just need to do a few things after the painting is done, like pick out a rug, get the window treatments, get a few shelves and wall art and buy the chair for the nursery. I have a lot of what I want on Etsy tagged and we picked out the chair and window treatments so we just need to get it. I am getting a little anxious to get everything done because I just have a feeling, my due date will just be here before I know it and I will still have a list of stuff left to do. Eeek!

Well here is a profile pic of my little girl with her hand under her chin. I did text this picture to my sister and her only comment was "oh she has your butt chin" Not exactly the comment I would like to hear, but she is usually just a negative person, so I tried to shrug it off. It still bothered me though.

September 12th, 2012, 09:45 AM
I don't see a butt chin. How rude!

Glad she's still a she.

Time will start flying by now. on reaching viability!

September 12th, 2012, 09:56 AM
for viability!! I can't believe how time is flying!

That picture is adorable! I can't wait to see pics of your nursery. I also have many things "favorited" on Etsy, but trying to make decisions too. Fun fun!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search