Julie's first little peanut!!!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree17Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 21st, 2012, 08:41 AM
Expecting #1
So now that I have seen the baby and heard his/her heartbeat, I figured I would start a journal. As a way of introduction, I just turned 28 and DH is 37. We have been married since 08/02/08, so we are coming up on 4 years soon! We have two dogs and three guinea pigs (our cat just passed May 17th). Yes, we have a small zoo.

We started TTC to conceive this February and of course after the first month, I balled my eyes out when it didn't happen right away. We kept trying and our third month was a charm. I had a weird feeling with that cycle and started just feeling different at about 5 DPO and started feeling twinges and pulls. I tested late in the afternoon at 9DPO and wish I hadn't. Getting a BFN is always hard to deal with and I just thought I felt pregnant. So i waited until AF was officially late and tested at 17 DPO.

So on Sunday, April 29th I got up super early (for me) on a weekend and just had to test. It was 6:30 AM and right away got a I was so excited. I immediately went downstairs to take a picture and then figure out a way to tell DH. While I was taking a picture, he started to wake up and called downstairs to see what I was doing. I told him I was getting water and then he started coming downstairs. I hid the test and ran to the frig to get some water. He walked into the kitchen while I was pouring some water and then asked for me to pour him some water. So I saw the bottle of champagne that was in the frig and pulled it out and gave it to him. He gave me this funny look and said it was 6:30 AM. I told him that he would have to drink it by himself because I couldnt drink for the next 9 months or so. He looked at me and asked if I was serious so I showed him the test.

He actually did pour himself a glass of champagne and I toasted with my water

Since I am high-risk, I had to go in and get my prescription for blood thinners, which I started. DH had to learn how to give me the shot, since I am so afraid of needles. He is such a trooper. The shot burns when it goes in and causes a bruise, but its all worth it for my little peanut!

I went in for an early u/s at 5 wks 5 days (May 7th) and got to see the sac. The u/s tech thought I was more like 5 wks 2 days, which would make sense based on my O date.

So my follow-up appointment was May 15th at 6 weeks 6 days and we got to see my little peanut and hear his/her heartbeat. It was so amazing! I got all teared up and held DH's hand while we listended. When the u/s tech left I cried a little because I was so happy. Just thinking of it is still so amazing. DH and I made that little peanut and love him/her so much already.

Doctor said it looks like we are keeping my due date of January 2, 2013 based on the 5/15 u/s. So its offical, 1/2/13 is my due date!!!!

We haven't told our families yet, but will be doing so the weekend of June 2nd and the weekend of June 15th. We can't wait!

Morning sickness kicked in last May 11th and whoever decided to call it morning sickness really should get shot. I have all day and night sickness. Pregnancy sickness would be a better term and not lead to false advertising! Today its really bad and nothing seems to be helping. I hope the sickness gets better and I am trying new things to try and help so hopefully I will find what works for me soon!

Well this is all for me today. I have been wanting to start a journal for a while, but I wanted to wait until I got to see my little peanut. Sorry for the long post, but I wanted to make sure to put everything in here.

May 21st, 2012, 08:49 AM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Congratulations! That was such a cute way to tell your DH!

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.
May 21st, 2012, 03:35 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
and That was such a cute way to tell your husband and I love that he really did have some champagne!

I hear you on the morning sickness. You're almost to the point where mine was the worst and then got better, so hopefully you don't have too much longer to go!

May 22nd, 2012, 06:56 AM
Expecting #1
7 Weeks, 6 days

So the morning sickness has been pretty bad. Yesterday was the worst I've experienced. Dizzy, nausea, and vomitting. M/s is a nice reassurance that my little one is there, but waves of nausea would be sufficient. There is no need to scream to get my attention. I rubbed my belly and told my little peanut that yesterday, but s/he didn't listen. S/he takes after mommy already! DH already said that our little peanut wants to makes such a loud statement there is no way the little peanut will not act just like me. It made me smile.

I broke down and called my doctor to get a prescription for nausea. I am taking my vitamins, baby aspirin (per my doctor), Omega-3 and my blood thinners. I didnt want to add something to the mix, but I just couldnt take it especially since I knew it would probably get worse before it got better. I tired sea bands with no relief.

For the last week, its been very hard to focus and get my work done so the m/s was starting to affect my job. So now I am taking zofran. I took some yesterday afternoon and then went for a nice long swim. I felt so amazing last night. I started to feel off after dinner but drank lemon water and went to sleep. This morning, I have felt bits of nausea but I really think the zofran is working.

So these last couple days have been pretty rough, which is another reason the m/s may have gotten worse. My 17 year old cat, Kobe, passed last Thursday. He has been having problems since September and there was no explanation for what was causing the problems so the vet thought it was stress. He still acted like a little kitten so we werent too worried. He had been acting, for lack of a better word, old lately. So we watched him closely and slowly he started to eat less and less so we encouraged him to eat more and hand fed him. He was still eating a little, but he dropped about a pound in a week, so I took him to the vet. While we were at the vet he started crashing and his kidneys were failing so we had to say goodbye. I felt so horrible becuase he hated the vet and it probably stressed him out just being there. I had him for 17 wonderful year and was with him until the end. I miss his purring and him curling up on my head at night when I go to sleep.

So its only 8 more days until I have my first appointment with the high-risk OBGYN. I already met with my OBGYN twice and had two u/s, but I will have to meet with the high risk office once a month as well. I don't mind because I will get to see more of my little peanut. With all my appointments though, I think my boss is going to have to find out sooner rather than later. I wanted to wait until 12 weeks, especially since I haven't even told my parents or in-laws yet. Hopefully I can wait.

May 22nd, 2012, 07:03 AM
I'm glad the Zofran is working for you.

I'm sorry to hear about your little Kobe. It's never easy to lose a pet.

It's probably a good idea to let your boss know, especially if your company is big enough for you to qualify for FMLA so you can take just the time you need for your appts (like often times I only need 1/2 hour since my doctor's office is so close) rather than half or full days.

May 22nd, 2012, 07:13 AM
Expecting #1
I'm not worried about taking the time. I am a corporate attorney so I have it pretty easy with time off. I can only take sick time in 8 hour increments, so I don't actually have to take time off for it unless I will be out all day, I just have to let my boss know. I am just worried he will start to speculate or someone in my office will start a rumor, there are a lot of pregnant attorneys in my office, so I'd rather he hear from me than a rumor. I plan to tell him once I get back from a work trip to Arizona, I am telling my family that weekend. So only two more weeks!
Belita likes this.

May 22nd, 2012, 10:39 AM
Hope you can keep everything under wraps for the next couple of weeks.

May 29th, 2012, 08:53 AM
Expecting #1
8 weeks 6 days

Wow, I can't believe I am almost 9 weeks! Memorial Day weekend was relaxing. Had a nice long pool day on Saturday and read an entire book. Tropical Storm Beryl came through Sunday and Monday so it was gloomy out so DH and I got to catch up on a lot of our shows.

We went to the USA v. Scotland soccer match which was a lot of fun. I felt a little weird since we were walking around and bunch of friends had set up tailgates. I was carrying around a gatorade. I got asked a couple times if I wanted a beer and just pointed to my gatorade. I got asked if I was being good and I said sort of, implying there was a little something extra in the gatorade. I feel bad lying, but Dh and I figured it was the best way to the handle the situation.

We had a wedding on Sunday night for a good friend who is also a co-worker so there were a lot of co-workers there even my boss. I ordered a club soda from the bar to make it look like I was drinking and I pretended to sip the champange during the toasts. I gave DH my glass of champange after the toasts, my boss was sitting right next to me, so my guess is that when I tell him, he won't be too shocked.

All in all our little secret is still safe and I think we played it off really well, even though I feel off about misleading people (especially because I also dont want them to think I was pounding drinks back while in my first trimester )

Tomorrow is my second appointment, its really my first with the high risk doctor. I will get a u/s and they have better equipment so I am really excited to see my peanut tomorrow. I am also very, very nervous and hope everything is progressing nicely.

On a side note, after the wedding DH and I are convinced our peanut is a boy. I don't eat red meat and haven't in over 10 years. I gave it up because I just didnt like the taste and because turkey and chicken were healthier options. DH will get me to try a piece when he orders a steak and every time I wish I hadn't taken a bite, even Ruth Chris steaks! I have been craving hamburgers so last weekend we cooked up my turkey burger, but that craving didn't go away. At the wedding, we were served filet and snapper. I hadnt had any fish all week, so I figured I was okay with the fish, but the filet just sounded good. Normally, I would just give DH my steak, but I tried a piece and it was SOOOO good. I ate the whole piece and barely touched the snapper. Later that night, mini cheeseburgers were served and I had one of those too and wow that satisfied my hamburger craving. So after that both DH and I said that we would be surprised if we were having a girl. We wouldn't mind either, but we are just convinced its a boy. Only time will tell for sure though.

May 29th, 2012, 09:06 AM
Glad your secret is still safe.

Keep eating that meat! Before getting pregnant, I had given up meat altogether for about 1 1/2 years (except for meat that was from sustainably farmed and humanely raised sources). It was easier for me just to be vegetarian than seek out meet that met my standards. However, I've definitely incorporated meat back into my diet since becoming pregnant, especially when I found out early on (about your point in the pregnancy) that I had low iron. It happens to a lot of pregnant women, so that could be a key to your craving red meat.

I'm having a boy, and I can say that I have wanted savory/salty foods much more than sweet foods, just like the old wives' tale predicts.

May 29th, 2012, 02:23 PM
I've had the red meat craving! Also Mexican food was another one for me.

Good luck at your appt! Sounds like you did a good job hiding it. Not too much longer and you can share your secret!!

June 8th, 2012, 06:56 AM
Expecting #1
10 weeks 2 days

So my 9 week appointment went well. Saw the heartbeat beating at 170 bpm and my little peanut has grown so much. I will have to post a picture of the u/s later, its at home.

This past week, I have been in Phoenix for work and I got to visit my sister. I finally told my parents and my sister. I got my mom a frame that said "When a baby is born, so is a Grandmother." and my dad a frame that said "I love Grandpa." I couldnt find an aunt frame for my sister, so I got her a family frame. In the frames, we put our picture that we just had taken. We are both wearing UNC tarheel shirts and DH is holding a sign that says comming soon, our little tarheel 1/2/13. I was holding a picture of the 9 wk u/s and a pair of UNC tarheel booties. It was cute picture. My Mom and Dad were on skype with my sister, DH and I (they are in Chicago). So my Mom cried and they were really excited. It was nice to tell them and tell them our journey thus far.

Just got back to Florida last night after being delayed just over a day because of weather. We didnt have a direct flight to Phoenix and got delayed in DFW on the way back.

We tell DH's family next weekend. We are going to GA for my nephew's baptism and will tell DH's brother and his wife in person. We are going to mail the picture to Dh's parents and his other brother.

We aren't ready to tell everyone yet, not until after the first trimester scan, which is scheduled for June 20th. I will be exactly 12 weeks! I can't believe I am more than a 1/4 of the way until I get to meet my little peanut.

Morning sickness is going strong this week, even with nausea medication. I think traveling and not eating normal also had something to do with it. So now I am back to my regular schedule, so hopefully the nausea will subside soon.

Hope everyone is having a great week! Yay for Friday!

June 8th, 2012, 07:32 AM
Glad your family reveal went so well.

Hope the morning sickness subsides for you. It's not fun ever, especially when you're traveling.

Looking forward to seeing pics of the 9-week scan and the 12-week scan in a couple of weeks.

June 8th, 2012, 09:17 AM
Glad it went well telling your family! I bet your husband's family will be thrilled, too!

Hope your morning sickness goes away soon. Mine started subsiding right around the point you're at now.

June 12th, 2012, 12:01 PM
Expecting #1
10 weeks 6 days

Went in for my second prenatal appointment today with the regular OB. Tests came back normal and I am Rh positive so I don't have to worry about that. The doctor tried to get the heartbeat on the doppler, but it was still early. She warned me first, but she could tell I got nervous when she couldn't find the heartbeat. She sent me in for a quick u/s to get the heartbeat, which is preferred because then I got a sneak peek of my little peanut. The heartbeat was 180 bpm and my little peanut is looking more like a baby now! I kept joking with my DH that the baby looks like him and is getting his egg shaped head.

Here is a picture of my u/s picture taken from my cell phone. Sorry its blurry.

Tonight I am going shopping for DH's birthday. Haven't decided whether to get him an IPad or get him a bunch of work out stuff he has been wanting and some new cologne. Guess I will be browsing tonight.

Happy Tuesday all!!!
Mom2JDub likes this.

June 12th, 2012, 12:09 PM
Aww, it does look like a baby.

June 12th, 2012, 03:27 PM
Isn't it so funny how we're already trying to figure out who the baby looks like while still in utero?! I did the same thing thinking the baby looks like DH in the ultrasound!

Very cute little one you have! Are you going to find out the gender or are you Team Green?

June 20th, 2012, 09:55 AM
Expecting #1
12 weeks

So today was the NT scan. Baby was measuring right on target and looked perfectly healthy. They didnt notice any abonormalities with the skin or nose and gave me without the blood results a 1 out of 885 chance of the baby having downs. When the blood results come back, if all is normal, the probability will problably decrease even more.

There was definitely a lot more time to focus on the baby today and it was amazing. The baby is so precious!!
Here is a picture of the face:

And a profile shot:

I am so in love!!

So today, I told me two bosses. I played around with them a little bit. I made my boss think I was quiting for a minute then I told him the news. He was so excited, he gave me a hug and we talked for a bit. He was so understanding and said when the time gets closer we can work out a plan for my time off and to take all the time I need because he woudlnt want to lose me as an employee. It was nice. He did tell me I made him nervous and that I should make my direct manager even more nervous.....

So my appointment with my manager, I went in and told him that I thought he was great and that I enjoyed working with him; however, I thought it would be appropriate to take a 12 week leave from working with him. I felt bad because he was just nodding in complete understanding and was very sympathetic and then I told him that I was pregnant and I was just joking with him and appologized. He laughed and said his mind was racing. I told him the big boss told me to lay it on good. It was funny. Him and I talked for a while, his wife just gave birth to their 3rd last October and she was also high risk, so we talked a little about the doctors and stuff. It was nice to be able to tell him and explain the appointments.

So phew... thats done. I will start telling more people at work in a couple more weeks.

DH's parents and family found out last weekend and everyone was so excited. The picture we made to tell our parents is saved on the computer at home, so I will have to upload that later tonight or tomorrow.

As for the symptoms, I have been feeling pretty good lately. I have been able to go everyday since Friday. It seems like my body is getting more normal again. For a while, it seemed like I would only poop once a week. Maybe its something in the water, because my great dane has been pooping a lot lately too, every walk I take her on... Oh well, I will take being regular as long as I can.

So I scheduled the next scan for July 25th and I will be 17 weeks. Wow, its crazy to think I will be 17 weeks at the anatomy scan and its only 5 weeks away. Lets hope the weeks continue to go by quickly! I will be finding out the gender as soon as I can. I am too much of a planner to not know

Well happy Wednesday all!!
Belita likes this.

June 20th, 2012, 10:34 AM
Glad everything looked good and that it went so well telling your bosses!

My doctor doesn't do anatomy scans until 20 weeks, so I paid an elective ultrasound place to find out at 15 weeks!

June 20th, 2012, 11:39 AM
Expecting #1
Would you recommend the elective scan??

DH and I are heading to NY to see his family right when I am 16 weeks, so if we got an elective scan right before we left, I could tell them in person whether its a boy or girl.

June 20th, 2012, 11:46 AM
Glad your NT scan went so well. And that your reveal to the bosses was good too. Men sometimes don't get it, so it's awesome they were so supportive.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search