Karin & Scooter's Journal - BIRTH STORY (FINALLY!)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree430Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 12th, 2012, 05:20 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Geeze, your belly still looks as big as mine!

July 12th, 2012, 05:25 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belita View Post
Geeze, your belly still looks as big as mine!
Yepper! And i think it's getting smaller! I got called out yesterday at the Park, finally...but not by one of my trainer friends. This lady is in the Education department, and she hasn't seen me in about 2 months. She saw me walking by and said "Oh! Is that who I think it is?? WHAT is THAT???" She was thrilled! I had to ask if someone told her or what. She just said, "Uh, no, duh, look at you...you used to have a flat tummy!"

It was funny
Mom2JDub and Belita like this.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
July 12th, 2012, 05:32 PM
Your trainer friends must just be trying to be polite with not saying anything.

July 12th, 2012, 05:36 PM
Crystallee's Avatar Host of the Dec 2012 PR
You just look so cute! I don't care if it is bloat or whatever it is a cute preggo belly!

Thanks kiliki for my siggie!
July 12th, 2012, 07:40 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystallee View Post
You just look so cute! I don't care if it is bloat or whatever it is a cute preggo belly!
Cute, pregnant, and tan!

July 13th, 2012, 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belita View Post
Your trainer friends must just be trying to be polite with not saying anything.
For sure they are! There are at least 2 that for sure suspect, and probably 1 or 2 more that might as well.
Belita likes this.

July 13th, 2012, 09:35 AM
11w4d Friday - Sad Day.
This is going to be short (for me), I'm in a really crummy mood leftover from yesterday, and I have to get distracted by doing my school.

Yesterday started out great. I ate breakfast, went to the Park. It was overcast and sprinkling, so a nice break from the scorching sun and 100 degree heat. I hung with the goats for a bit, then my keeper friend had a long break before her dept meeting, so we went walking around a bit. Found Buddy, a one-eyed goose that she used to care for, visited Max, an obnoxious Moluccan cockatoo, and said hi. Then we watched some animal ambassadors together.

The trainer who was presenting was putting Tarzan (rough necked monitor) away, getting ready to bring out her next animal, and then she came back out with Tarzan. My friend said something to her, and she came over to us (I know her well also), and she could barely get the words out "Majani just passed away.".

Majani is the Park's most famous, and most well-known, and EXTREMELY well-loved ambassador. Majani was an 11-year old Cheetah. He was the largest cheetah in captivity on record (in his prime), and he was a stud. Many of the trainers had raised him from day one, so he has been in their lives for many years. Majani inspired me to make my life-change and return to school. All the trainers knew that Majani was my favorite, and I would go out of my way to get a chance to see him. Since he was retired, he didn't come out to the public much, but they made sure I knew when he did.

I immediately burst into tears. The trainers were a mess. Everyone had blotchy red eyes, they had to get another department to come and take over their animal presentations. I couldn't bear to see anyone. It was such a sad day for the Park. Majani was a big loss. Everyone knew his time would come (he was VERY old for a cheetah), but nobody was prepared.

Maj passed away peacefully in his sleep. Ashley, one of my friends and one of Maj's trainers, brought Majani's best friend Clifford, the dog, up to his pen to say goodbye. I can't even imagine how tough that must have been.

So, I feel like I have lost another pet. No, I wasn't one of his trainers, and you all know how much these animals mean to me...but Majani was at the top of the list, no doubt, no question. It was a rough day yesterday. And I'm still feeling it today.

That's why I'm in a crummy mood still. I'm working on my photo project still (getting all my photos from the Park uploaded to SmugMug), and it's taking forever, but I've now made Maj pictures a priority. So, hopefully sometime later today, I will get a photo album put together of all my pics of Majani. I lost some of his earlier years when we first moved here, but I have lots in the past couple years.

So that's that. Hope everyone has a wonderful Friday.

xx

July 13th, 2012, 09:40 AM
Sorry yesterday was so rough. That's a lot of loss in a short time frame. I hope you'll be feeling better soon.

July 13th, 2012, 09:46 AM
I'm so sorry about Maj. He sounds like such a special cheetah.

July 13th, 2012, 09:56 AM
Thanks Ladies. I'm still overwhelmed at the sense of loss I feel. I mean, I didn't work with him, but he was so inspiring. I can't even explain it. My timeline pic on FB is a pretty recent pic of Majani...taken in June, or late May perhaps. Janet, the trainer in the pic, is one of the trainers that has been with him the longest...about 8 years (2 others have been with him since he was born). Poor guy. But now he's running around playing in cheetah heaven with Chewbaaka... (no, not from Star Wars...here is a bit about him, another beloved cheetah friend).

Blah, so sad.

July 13th, 2012, 12:56 PM
Crystallee's Avatar Host of the Dec 2012 PR
I just saw this one facebook So sorry about your Cheetah friend He was absolutely gorgeous and it sounds like he will be missed very dearly.

Thanks kiliki for my siggie!
July 13th, 2012, 12:56 PM
For anyone interested, here is the PR on Majani's passing, as written by Janet, one of his long-time trainers (she's the one in the pic on my FB timeline pic).

July 13th, 2012, 01:28 PM
What a touching tribute.

July 13th, 2012, 09:49 PM
11w4d - PM update
I'm just updating because I'm bored. I'm sitting on the couch, watching Ocean's 11, waiting for my tummy to feel better before I go to bed. DH left work today about 1, picked us up some lunch, then came home to eat. I am a major sandwich/deli freak, and I have had exactly ONE sandwich since I knew I was pg. Today, I had another. It's a place with really high/fast turnover, so I know the meat is fresh. I also get it toasted, so that should take care of any problems. I still won't eat sangys like I used to, but I REALLY wanted one today. So, I ate half for lunch, and it immediately didn't agree with me. Whatever, I haven't eaten a proper lunch in weeks, so I wasn't surprised. I helped DH pack, then he took off for Vegas. I spent the afternoon finishing up most of my schoolwork, then working on my Majani photo project. Seems like I always have a photo project.

I worked on that until about 7, then headed downstairs for the night. I fed the pups, flipped on the tube, found Willy Wonka on tv (the old one), and I ate the rest of my sandwich. Then I had a brownie. Then my sangy didn't agree with me again. Nothing bad, just a bad tummy ache that ended in a bathroom trip. Now my tummy feels all funny like, and I'm just waiting for it to settle a bit before I head to bed.

Tomorrow, I'm going to get up and go treat myself to some good hot cocoa (mostly because I just drank the last of my milk with dinner, then my 1 brownie). My plan is to go to the nice mall, closer to downtown, and go maternity clothes shopping. I have exactly 1 pair of shorts, and I wear them every day. They are getting nasty. The nice mall has a big Pea in the Pod store, and also a much bigger Macy's (which has a good maternity section). I have a $25 coupon for Destination Maternity (I got it from some class action lawsuit??), so that's fun. I also want to get a pair of jean shorts (i.e. jorts). I usually avoid them like the plague, unless I make them myself, but this store has a few pairs that actually might work. I would only wear them in Sturgis with my bikini top and black motorcycle boots with my big preggo belly hanging out. Ahhh, the life of a biker.

I'm still ok on tops...I only wear wifebeaters in the summer, and I have more than my fair share of them. They are all fitting reasonably well so far, so no need to spend money on different tops. I will save that for when I get bigger.

I have to finish a paper this weekend, but I've got most of it done, just need to clean it up a bit. I have one test to do as well. I'm hoping to go to the country on Sunday and visit one of my friends on her new ranch. She bought it late last year, and I have been dying to go see it, and visit her 2 cattle dogs, her horse, and her chickens, and her polydactyl cat, Mau Mau. We will see how I feel. Right now, things aren't looking good for anything, but I'm sure I'll feel much better in the morning.

This is the excitement that is my Friday night. I'm also sitting here browsing nursery themes/ideas. It's so funny, I can't believe I'm allowing myself to look at this stuff, but whatever. I always thought it would be easy, but I'm finding little that I like. I have ideas that go in a couple different directions, both are or can be gender neutral, but I'm just not finding stuff that's in my head.

I can't believe that I'm going to be 12 weeks on Monday! I am feeling more and more pg every day, and loving every minute of it. I really want to get our FB announcement out there. Not too many folk know, but enough that a FB comment could easily slip. So far, so good, though.

Blah blah blah. Anyhow, I'm getting close to bed time. I am not super exhausted, which is nice, but I really have no reason to stay up. I'm just watching a movie I've seen a bunch of times, so I can just flip it on in bed.

Thanks for reading my ramblings of a lonely Friday night!
xx

July 14th, 2012, 06:48 AM
Hope you feel better and find some good stuff shopping today.

It may feel weird to start nursery planning early, but I say the earlier the better. Especially since you're having a difficult time narrowing down your ideas. I went through several possible themes and felt like I wasted so much time on creating different Pinterest boards. In the end, I'm so happy that I ruled everything else out and settled on our theme. I couldn't be happier with our nursery (well except that I'm still waiting on that **** storage... but I *hope* to share completely finished pics next week).

You've probably already come across it, but I really like the website Project Nursery - Inspiring Baby Rooms, Nursery Design Ideas and Children's Room Decor. I used it in coming up with ideas for themes we didn't use , but it was pretty neat to see what others have done. This one has some good ideas too: Nursery & Kids | Apartment Therapy.

Hope you have a great weekend!

Last edited by Mom2JDub; July 14th, 2012 at 06:52 AM.
July 14th, 2012, 06:50 AM
Sorry your sandwich didn't agree with you.

Yay for browsing nursery themes! I found my theme didn't really come together in my mind until I knew the gender, but by the time I was as far along as you I'd decided on pandas or koalas. It's fun, but can be a little overwhelming at times if you don't go with a prepackaged theme. Sean's room would not be happening without Amazon or Etsy!

July 14th, 2012, 11:17 AM
Thanks ladies for the websites, and for the reassurance that it's not too early! I think we are just still sitting in limbo-land about this whole thing! I think we are 95% sure we are going to find out the gender now (despite being so adamantly Team Green for so long!), and I have a feeling that will help, though I know we probably still won't do an overly boy or overly girly nursery.

Anyhow...

11w5d - It's Saturday, all mine!
I paid for staying up so late last night. By the time I finally got my behind up to bed, it was just past 11. I put on a movie, laid there trying to fall asleep, but to no avail. Next thing I knew, the movie was over (1am), and I was still awake. Of course, Peanut was happily snoring next to me. I put on another movie, and I must have finally dozed off about an hour in, because that's the last thing I remember seeing was about an hour into the movie.

Then I woke up at 5am, I was sleeping in a funny position, and had to shift. But of course, first, pee. Then I laid there, wide awake! I was so ticked. It's Saturday, I have nothing to get up for, I was up late, and I wasn't able to sleep in! I turned off the TV, which was still on from the movie, and just forced myself to keep my eyes shut. Next thing I knew, my phone rang (telemarketer, ugh), and it was 920a I haven't slept that late in I don't know how long!!!

Max was whining downstairs, Peanut was dancing around on the bed, so I hopped up quickly, let them both out and fed them, then came back up to shower, but not before doing some quick fish tank maintenance (best before shower, since I had to stick my whole arm in the tank). Then I realized I needed to eat, pronto. It was nearing 10, and lately, if I don't eat by like 9-930, I'm hosed with queasy the rest of the day. I was out of milk (no hot cocoa, no cereal), really didn't feel like pancakes for the 20th day in a row (shocked?), so just ran to McDs. I really didn't even want it, but honestly, it was (or should have been), the quickest way to get food.

I got there, and no surprise, the line was out the door. This McDs is notorious for being always busy, always slow, and always totally out of whack. Their food isn't even good. But it's 30 seconds from my house, so I deal, especially on days like today. I waited almost 20 min to order, then another 10 for my food. Yeesh. Got home, and ate. Yum. So far, things are sitting good, and I think I got food in my time window to avoid the nasties. Only time will tell.

I didn't get my cocoa, because it's already over 80 degrees...too hot! Settled for OJ, which I normally don't prefer, but it's tasting pretty good right now. Might have to add that to my morning routine. m

So, now I'm just catching up here, which is fun, b/c I rarely do on weekends, and getting ready to head to the mall for some maternity shorts shopping! Also need to go get dog foods, and grocery. Then I'll be back to work on my projects around here. I miss DH, but I know he's having fun! Usually, I would get all pissy about him going to Vegas and partying too much and such, but this time, he's the "Dad" of the group!

He's in a wedding next month for his best friend at work, Kevin. Kevin and his DF Maggie, are probably our closest friends here in SD, and have been since we moved here. They are both 10 years younger than us, though, as are most of our friends from DH work. He's in management, and the rest are either scientists or analysts, and are typically younger. Anyhow, so he's at this bachelor party with a bunch of 25-27 year olds in Vegas. I know he can hang, but I also know that he will also feel like the Dad of the group, making sure everyone gets back to the room ok, nobody ends up sleeping on a rooftop, or missing a tooth...that sort of thing I just told him we're on the "24-hour rule" - he has to check in, just even by quick text, every 24 hours to let me know he and everyone is alive and well. So with that, I'm going to enjoy my weekend!!

Ok, done with breakfast, done with my weekend update...headed to the mall for some retail therapy! I started yesterday by buying a new watch. I have my nice watch, but I can't do that at the park, too many goats nibble on the nice leather strap. No thanks! I always have a sports watch for that. But, in the last 6 months, BOTH of my sports watches quit! Granted, I've had them both for at least 3 years, so it's not surprising. I ended up buying the newer version of the same one I had...

http://www.amazon.com/Timex-T5K5859J...s=yellow+timex

It's just like my old one, so I'm super excited. I love yellow

Ok, I'm off! Hope everyone has a great weekend!

xx

July 14th, 2012, 11:30 AM
I don't blame you for fiddling around with picking out nursery themes. It's been taking so long for you to get your Scooter and to believe that he's going to stick around. It is good to go ahead and get started since problems do happen (like Adrienne's storage and my rug).

Sounds like you're losing your pancake craving! I started losing my milkshake craving this weekend. I'm sure something else will take its place before long.

Enjoy your retail therapy!

July 14th, 2012, 11:37 AM
I am for sure losing the pancake craving, but honestly, they sit SO well with me every day, and I'm not grossed out or anything by them yet, so I just eat them. They seem to just set my day off perfectly! I usually prefer bacon and egg breakfasts on the weekends...DH and I's treat...we go out every single weekend for breakfast. But I like my eggs over-medium, so I can't do those any more The sausage mcmuffin was ok...by the time I ate it, i was just so happy to have food in my tummy!

There is no question once we decide on a nursery theme, it will take me FOREVER to get things done. I am a super online shopper, but I always have to look about 15 places for things, to find the cheapest price, or to see if I can get a promo code or use eBates. It's nuts. Not like I *have* to do that, but I do, because why spend extra $$$$ I go through phases. Like today, if I find something I like, I will buy it...coupon or sale or not.

Off I go!
x

July 14th, 2012, 02:33 PM
Karin, your frugal shopping cracks me up because I am the exact same way. I just hate paying extra for things. I have returned so much stuff this pregnancy because I'll find the same thing somewhere else at a cheaper price. Or, case in point today, I discovered that some things I'd already bought from BRU were on sale. So I returned them and bought them all over again. I LOVE online shopping, but some sites don't allow for free return shipping. So I always have to be careful with that. I've saved a lot during this pregnancy... and then I spent that savings on more stuff for Jackson.

I just have to say, too, that early on in pregnancy, I drank a lot of hot cocoa. And I also went through a phase of drinking OJ every day. I wonder if Scooter is indeed a boy?

Hope the rest of your weekend is great.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search