Karin & Scooter's Journal - BIRTH STORY (FINALLY!)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree430Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 14th, 2012, 02:59 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I didn't have a hot cocoa craving, but I have had chocolate milk cravings (different from my milkshake cravings) and OJ cravings, too. Now we just need to see if you have a Mexican food craving!

July 14th, 2012, 03:34 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belita View Post
I didn't have a hot cocoa craving, but I have had chocolate milk cravings (different from my milkshake cravings) and OJ cravings, too. Now we just need to see if you have a Mexican food craving!
Ah, yes. I believe that Robyn's and my first trimesters were pretty much dominated by Mexican food. I'm still quite fond of bean and cheese burritos. This little bugger is gonna like spicy stuff.

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.
July 14th, 2012, 04:12 PM
Crystallee's Avatar Host of the Dec 2012 PR
I craved sweets and chocolates and orange juice!!!

Thanks kiliki for my siggie!
July 14th, 2012, 04:45 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Um, all I want/eat for dinners is homemade tacos That's pretty much what I got at the grocery today....milk, tortillas, salsa, and more cheese. Right...because I'm out of all of that because we've been using it all week!

I am back, and need to online shop to find all the crap they didn't have in my size at A Pea in the Pod. This pregnancy did some nasty work to my thighs...WTH happened down there?????

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
July 14th, 2012, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbpeanut View Post
I am back, and need to online shop to find all the crap they didn't have in my size at A Pea in the Pod. This pregnancy did some nasty work to my thighs...WTH happened down there?????

Don't even get me started on my thigh/butt area! If it's any consolation, I have read that it's perfectly normal to gain extra fat in that region and the fat stores actually aid in breastfeeding. At least that's what I like to tell myself.

July 14th, 2012, 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by junie22 View Post
Don't even get me started on my thigh/butt area! If it's any consolation, I have read that it's perfectly normal to gain extra fat in that region and the fat stores actually aid in breastfeeding. At least that's what I like to tell myself.
Ok, now I don't feel so bad. The nice lady at the store kept telling me all these jeans looked nice on my behind...but I kept turning around and seeing someone else's behind! Mine did NOT look like that! I applaud DH for keeping his mouth shut!

I'm a jean snob. Big time. I mean, most of my summer wardrobe is wifebeaters and cheap shorts (Park + goats = dirty). But jeans...yep, I'll spent the $200+ for a pair. They had plenty of styles that should work perfectly, most of the brands I wear, a little darker wash than I prefer, but they'll do...but jeepers...my thighs/butt just aren't cooperating! She asked my pre-pregnancy size to start trying on, so we started one up from that...and ya Try up 2 sizes..and I felt even those were tight. Since right now my main concern is getting them for our camping trip, I'm going to bring DH back right before we leave, in case I spread out any more back there. I really just need shorts...and they had cute pairs, but not in my size! Either too small or too big.

UGH.

July 14th, 2012, 05:10 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My thighs have grown, too, and I had large thighs to begin with! totally normal.

July 14th, 2012, 05:11 PM
Explain to me how I am still down 10 lbs pre-pregnancy, yet I look like a whale and my thighs are having some weirdness going on where it feels like my fat stores are channeled there and my butt? lol

July 14th, 2012, 05:22 PM
^ ya, I'm only up 3 lbs since I started treatment back in early Feb!!! So, I'm not gaining weight either, but it's all just pooling up in odd shapes back there!

July 14th, 2012, 05:56 PM
Whew, ok, A Pea in the Pod online had the shorts I loved, and in my size, AND still on sale, so I got khaki and black

Shorts - check.

July 14th, 2012, 06:22 PM
Yay! I'm so glad you had some success shopping today.

July 14th, 2012, 06:24 PM
Thanks! x I also just found some killer jeans, but of course, I'm digging like crazy for a coupon...so...

if anyone comes across an online Piperlime coupon....

xx

July 14th, 2012, 09:53 PM
So, once again, I find myself up too late. It's not even 10 yet, but given the night I had last night, perhaps I should get an earlier start tonight. But right now, I'm sucked into searching for "the perfect" nursery theme/bedding.

I think I've always known that animals would be involved somehow, but I'm not finding exactly what I like for bedding. I did find lots of bits n pieces that I might have to use to design my own type of theme. I think it will make a big difference to know the gender. After doing all this looking, I'm 99% sure I want to find out. I also find that I am very strongly leaning toward/liking boy bedding. Not at all surprising, since I'm not too girly for starters.

I love green/brown. And that would work with the room as it's currently painted. Right now, it's got a moulding strip around the center-ish of the room. The top part is painted a cream color, and the bottom is dark brown. Green would work well, and I love some things in green I've found. Not loving pinks.

I think choosing/designing nursery stuff will take the entire rest of this pregnancy

July 14th, 2012, 11:02 PM
Elephants:
Green Elephant 5 Piece Baby Crib Bedding Set with Bumper by Carters | eBay

whole zoo with elephants:
Azania Bedding by Cocalo - Baby Crib Bedding - 7835-830

Even cute zoo
Baby Safari Bedding by Kimberly Grant - Safari Baby Crib Bedding

Jungle Mania!!
Jungle Mania Bedding by Nojo - Jungle Baby Crib Bedding

This could be fun. Scooter Needs a gender. ASAP. lol come on nt scan sneak peak or elective early scan!!

July 14th, 2012, 11:06 PM
Heehee, did you get those off my Pinterest!? I found all of those...the first is my fav by far!!

July 14th, 2012, 11:10 PM
hahaha nope. I actually didn't!!! See now we know they are winners!! I just went on a zoo hunt for some cute green bedding.

July 14th, 2012, 11:17 PM
I just figured out how to find you on pinterest! lol

July 15th, 2012, 05:18 AM
Platinum Supermommy
fwiw, by mid day, my maternity jeans have stretched in my tight area to be not only more comfortable but a tad too big and I'm constantly pulling them up. I too struggled with finding shorts that fit/look good on me. I was being super critical of my legs (my thigh area grew too) and decided it's the hottest summer EVER so I gave in

So you have a boy feeling? yay! This is a "boy year" from what I've read so you have a really good chance

July 15th, 2012, 07:03 AM
While I was exploring a variety of options for nursery, one of them was a jungle theme in blue/green/brown. I wasn't totally sure of the colors, I had just found a lot of jungle animal stuff in those colors. I changed my mind (well, DH changed my mind ), but here's my Pinterest board:

Nursery Ideas - Jungle/Safari with Blue and Green

I also found a couple of sites that customize crib bedding. They have a lot of fabric swatches too, though they can be on the pricier side, depending on how much flare you want for your bedding. This is the one I liked playing around on the most because you can take their swatches and actually use a tool to put them on the bed (from bumpers to sheets to crib skirts to blankets). So you can get an idea of what it would like look.

Nursery Designer by Carousel Designs - Design Your Own Baby Bedding

July 15th, 2012, 07:43 AM
Thanks for the Pinterest board link...checking out now!

I also found Carousel, and spent at least an hour designing bedding last night! I don't mind spending good $$ for things like a quilt or bedskirt...I'll probably not worry much about sheets and such after the first "nice" set

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search