Karin & Scooter's Journal - BIRTH STORY (FINALLY!)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree430Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 15th, 2012, 07:44 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had to go with a piece by piece method to get everything I wanted for my nursery. These all look so cute and I can totally see them working for you!

Welcome to the dark side of finding out earlier!

July 15th, 2012, 09:49 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Going shopping again today. I am bound and determined to find cute maternity clothes! xx

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
July 15th, 2012, 07:12 PM
11w6d - Weekend of shopping is behind me!
I have a serious love/hate relationship with shopping. I really do. I LOVE to shop. I love to find deals, and I love to buy new clothes, even though I only do it about once every 2 years. But this is vastly different. My body is vastly different. I am not complaining, my body is bigger, and that's a wonderful thing, but I don't know how to fit into clothes anymore! I'm not quite big enough for maternity tops yet, so this is all about the bottoms...

I live in what can technically be considered desert. Or at least I go there every day to the Park. Summers, like now, are HOT. Average temps in the mid 90s is not uncommon, and though our nights are cool, daytime is when I'm outside. And when I'm outside, mostly I'm at the Park, playing with goats, getting dirty. So, I need shorts because it's hot. And I need shorts that are not white, because I get dirty (and I don't like white shorts anyway). Sidebar: I did wear a pair of white capris today. My mom apparently bought them for me when I was going through IVF, and when I was home last month for Mabel's baptism, she gave them to me. Good thing, because it's about all that fits.

So, yesterday, I set out to go to A Pea in a Pod...they have a really big/nice store at the nice mall in town. It's not super far away, about a half hour. It's an outdoor mall, so I went and took a nice stroll yesterday. I stopped at the requisite Bloomingdales, and parked by Macys, so had to walk through there. I was drawn to all my favorite areas...most the Free People section. Again, no pants that will work there.

So, I get to PIAP. The saleslady immediately helped me find bottoms to try. I explained that I was a huge jeans snob, and only wear designer jeans (which they have there, main reason I went), and she picked a bunch for me to try. Their shorts selection was pretty slim...only about 4 different styles, and each one of those 4 styles, had exactly about 1 pair left in the store. Maybe it was 6. Anyway, I tried them all on...despite the fact that most were in size Small...which, by the way, is NOT my size.

The poor girls kept trying to help me, but I kept getting frustrated about how the jeans fit my behind. I kept turning around thinking "who's bum is THAT, because it's certainly not mine??" I realized, I've only looked at myself from the front...never behind. I have a lot of junk going on in my trunk these days. I don't mind a bit, but it's shocking to see what my body is doing...and so relatively early!

So, after about 2 hours of messing around, I finally ended up with 1 pair of capris, and one pair of jeans, on sale. Not the greatest jeans, but a brand I like, and they were cheap, relatively speaking. Super comfy, and once fall/winter hit, I'll be in jeans a lot, so a good purchase.

I left the mall, slightly disappointed, came home, and searched online for the shorts I actually loved, but they had been too big. Found them online, ordered 2 pair - one khaki, one black. Very pleased! for shorts!

I dorked around last night doing this and that. Went to bed closer to on time, but ended up watching a movie in bed again (ET!). I did fall asleep part way through, though, so that's good. I woke up a few times to pee, normal. I then woke up, wide awake at 6am! It's sunday! I had nothing to do, and I get up at 6?? Annoying. I laid there for about 15 min, then heard Max whining, so I figured, what the heck, and got up.

Let the dogs out, fed them, had a bowl of cereal and some cocoa, and played on JM for a bit. I showered, decided I needed to get new shoes today! So I headed to the outlet malls by the coast, about 30 min away. Walked all around, found my first baby purchase () but honestly, we needed it for the FB announcement photo, otherwise, I would have never bought it. The maternity store there stunk, so I left. Came back, stopped at another store in search of my shoe, grabbed a bacon cheeseburger from Five Guys, came home and ate. While I was eating, I surfed and found 2 things:

1. The shoes I wanted.
2. My PERFECT maternity jeans!

My shoes were on sale, but I needed to verify the size. I know Macy's carries the brand (Jambu), so I ran across the way to try on a similar pair to be sure I'm still the same size. I need the shoes for my Park volunteering. I usually wear Merrells - either my sandals or my shoes...but when I'm working, I have to wear closed toe shoes, and my Merrell shoes are HOT for summer. So I ordered a cute pair of lightweight, barefoot type, vegan shoes for work. Success!

Ran to the grocery store quick, because much to my dismay, when I went yesterday, I forgot to get meat for my tacos. Did that, grabbed a few extra tomatoes, and a 6-er of good beer for DH for a treat. When I got home, I continued to drool over the jeans. I have no problem spending money on jeans, I routinely spend $200+ for mine. But I wear them for YEARS, and they truly do fit wonderfully. These jeans are $211, and only a few stores have them, unfortunately, nowhere I can try on. I'm just thinking about them now. I will probably end up getting them at some point, but need to make sure I can justify it first.

I also ordered a few pairs of denim cutoffs from Macys.com as well. I got free shipping, and I can return them all to the store across the street if they don't fit. When I was there, I grabbed a few juniors shorts for kicks (in really big sizes), and to my surprise, they sort of fit! Granted, they were about 3 sizes bigger than I normally wear, but still. I just want one stinkin pair for Sturgis!

ANYHOW. This got really long. And I haven't even griped about DH yet! He didn't quite follow the "24 hour" rule, and I didn't hear from him until late morning today, so I'm a little annoyed. He just pulled up actually, so this should be fun times.

For now, I'm off...

Thanks to anyone who actually reads this garbage!

xx

July 15th, 2012, 07:27 PM
Is your DDC the gumdrops?! That's so cute!!

I learned not to even worry much about the fit of maternity clothes. With my body shape a lot of them fit well, but some of them are still awkward fitting. I'm also finding that with my boob size the side of my bra shows in any sleeveless shirt I wear. I figure it's a short period of time and it's not worth it to me to spend a lot of money on clothes that I won't get to wear long. This, however, is coming from a girl who has never spent more than $50 on a pair of jeans and cannot fathom spending $200 on one pair!

I can't see Adrienne's Pinterest board.

Sorry that he missed your 24 hour rule.

July 15th, 2012, 07:28 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
I read all the garbage.

I'm so glad you had some success shopping. I hope everything works well. And if you love the jeans, buy them! Sometimes you just gotta splurge.

Hope you don't lay into DH too much.

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.
July 15th, 2012, 07:34 PM
I just made him get in the shower. Vegas = smoke all around, and I don't want that near me. He looks like hell, to be honest. Should be an interesting night. I shall make my tacos, then go to bed. I'll be over this nonsense in the morning.

I special ordered my size in the jeans (I don't need *that* big of a size, but they were out of stock on the size I should need, so just needed to special order them).

Oh! Our DDC is Candy Land! Our belly pics forum is "Gumdrop Mountain", and our u/s pics forum is "Our Growing Gumdrops". That was a hard theme to make blinkies for...i'm sure there aren't a ton of pictures and such. Our angels one was made by a member of the DDC, and is honestly my favorite!

Oh, here are my shoes. I am also a shoe snob. They don't need to be pricey, but they need to be just what I want.

July 15th, 2012, 07:36 PM
I love your DDC theme! So fun and cute!

I had a feeling you'd order those jeans.

July 15th, 2012, 07:36 PM
DeepSouthMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Just a bit of advice, I only gained 7 pounds my entire pregnancy and much of what I bought early on, that I expected to last, didn't fit later on. Buy just a couple pieces at a time as you need them. And don't buy ahead. What works now very likely won't work later on.

Michelle ~ Mommy to Joseph
July 16th, 2012, 09:12 AM
Yep, Michelle, I'm right there with ya. I really don't want to buy much now, but I need shorts pronto, and the jeans, I need for our camping trip (can't ride a motorcycle without jeans!). Granted, I could wear my leathers, but that's usually overkill for short rides in the 100+ degree heat!

12w0d - HOLY COW!
I realized last night that today was 12w, but it didn't fully hit me until just now, when I typed it. That is a milestone I wasn't sure I'd hit! And now it's here! Tomorrow, we have our first trimester ultrasound - which is my first appointment at the peri's office. They scheduled me on a day when my actual peri was on u/s duty (they do rotations, like with delivery). She won't do the actual u/s, that will likely be done by a tech, but after the tech is done, the doc on duty comes in to review. I am glad it will be my doctor...though if it was a certain one of the others, I wouldn't have minded as well...specifically because he is VERY easy on the eyes...if you know what I mean. And if you know me at ALL, I say that about very few men. This guy, though

So, I am excited to see Scooter again! I have been spoiled with so many peeks at Scooter because of the RE, but I have a feeling now I will go back to the norm...probably this and then not another until the anatomy scan. Tomorrow isn't anything more than an u/s...our first "real" appointment is on July 30, when we actually sit down and talk with my doc about stuff. Either way, I'll be excited to get on board with all types of things...and learn what this having a baby business is all about! I have felt a little lost, to be honest, because of the different path I took to get here, and haven't been seeing a "regular" doctor....but I think after tomorrow, things will start to feel more real to me.

I also had to make one more shopping comment. I bought a pair of Crocs yesterday. I love them, ugly or not, and I haven't worn them regularly since my scuba days when I used to wear them mostly on the boat (to prevent slippage). I decided I wanted another pair, found them on sale, so bought them. Note to self: do not leave them on the back porch all summer during the daytime in the hot sun...they WILL shrink again.

Today, finish up school, finish a couple house projects (that I didn't do all weekend b/c of my shopping mess), and get ready for a busy week (for me). Tomorrow, I am hanging at the Park all day (fun day). Wed and Thu, I have the last 2 phases of my volunteer training (to become an entry level volunteer...yes, they have those). Then Thu after my training, the monthly volunteer meeting is at the Park this month (usually at the Zoo). Before the meeting starts, they are offering a rare tour of Beckman! The Beckman Center is where the conservation arm is housed...next to neonates, this is my top choice for work! This is where all the genetics labs are, where the conservation programs live (cheetahs, condors!!), and where the frozen zoo is housed (Google frozen zoo if you want to learn more, it's fascinating, and San Diego Zoo Global has one of the biggest/best). I am super excited for that...Beckman is NOT open to the public, even for special tours, and only rarely to volunteers, so this is an extra special treat!

Then Friday afternoon, I leave for the Bay Area. Headed to visit my brother and Munch (Mabel) for the weekend while SIL goes on a much-deserved girls weekend away. Should be super fun!

So, for me, a busy week. All good though!

Oh, for those that wondered, after DH got home last night, I ordered him to shower (he was nasty), and then I proceeded to lay into him for about 45 minutes (calmly, like the "I'm so disappointed in you" thing), then he went to bed. He knows he was wrong, and he knows he does this every time he goes out, and once again has no explanation. He's just a boy, and boys are dumb. That's all it is, nothing more. I'll be over it by tonight.

So, with that, off I go. Happy Monday all!
x

July 16th, 2012, 05:49 PM
12w0d - Scooter Stats!

How far along?: 12w0d
Total weight gain/loss: +3lbs? I might actually be down, but my scale is broken
Maternity clothes?: Yep. Expanded bottoms selection this past weekend.
Stretch marks?: None yet.
Best moment this week: Feeling generally pretty good!
Miss anything: Eggs over medium and poached eggs, for sure!
Movement: Nope.
Food cravings: sour candies, cocoa (ovaltine!), tacos!!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Starting to not want pancakes...they don't make me yucky, but I have had them for breakfast every day for the better part of a month! Same with grapes.
Have you started to show yet: My bloat is no longer bloat...I feel smaller, and more normal. I think whatever is showing is legit.
Labor Signs: None
Belly Button in or out?: In! But it's smoothing out inside and getting more shallow
Wedding rings on or off?: On.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Moody big time this week. One day I feel good (physically), next I don't. Insomnia at night, peeing a TON at night. All this makes me crabby pants.
Looking forward to: 12w/1st Trimester scan tomorrow!! (July 17) Also looking forward to finally doing our FB announcement, hopefully this week!

July 16th, 2012, 05:50 PM
Happy 12 weeks!!! One more week and you're done with the first trimester!!!

July 16th, 2012, 05:53 PM
^ thanks! I know, I can hardly believe it! Seems like this first tri has crawled by!!

July 16th, 2012, 05:54 PM
I felt like that with the first trimester, too. The second trimester is going by so much faster!

July 16th, 2012, 06:39 PM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
Woo hoo!!! Happy 12 weeks!!! Bye-bye first trimester!!!!

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

July 16th, 2012, 07:27 PM
JennyLee's Avatar TTC #1 after loss
12 weeks - wow! I feel like it's gone fast!
TTC #1 since 1/11, Unexplained Infertility
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
ER 10/8 - 24 eggs, 15 fertilized!
Blast transfer 10/13, 4 snowbabies
Very faint 10/18 (5dp5dt)
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!
U/S 11/14 - Heart rate 144!

Abigail arrived 6/28/14!

My Belly Pics
July 16th, 2012, 09:02 PM
Karin, I don't have time to read your update, but I always love reading them. Today was just completely insane at work. So I will catch up tomorrow.

Just wanted to say... Woohoo! 12 weeks!

July 17th, 2012, 09:56 AM
lilemma86's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow you are a busy lady!! I too love to shop but i really am not sold on the whole maternity thing yet.... I feel the same way I don't fit into tops but i could probably use some bottoms! It's funny you mentioned grapes because green grapes were the only thing i could eat some days! Also YAY for the next trimester!! time really starts flying!

July 17th, 2012, 10:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
12weeks - i cant believe you've hit that milestone already, thats gone quick!

hope your u/s goes smoothly today - looking forward to your update

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

July 17th, 2012, 11:58 AM
Hi Ladies!
Just back from my NT scan...I'm in a hurry, but wanted to post the info quick.

Scooter is just perfect in every way! Area measured max 1.71, average of the multiple measurements was lower, but they always go with the highest. So, looking great! I had 2 blood draws (2 diff labs for insurance reasons). One for the Sequenom testing (Harmony, basically, different provider), and also for Fragile X (recommended due to my AMA and my infertility diagnosis).

But, we got 2 good looks at Scooter today! One with the u/s tech, then another by the doctor on u/s duty today. When the doc came in, he actually did a little quick 3D view for us too! I have lots of pics, will post later along with my belly pics, but have to run out now. Just wanted to stop by, give a quick update!

x
Nicholle ttc likes this.

July 17th, 2012, 12:00 PM
Okay, all caught up! And such a great update!

I'm so excited to hear about your ultrasound, and I hope that you'll start to feel like this pregnancy is just a normal ol' pregnancy from this point forward. Hope you're having a lot of fun today.

We must have been posting at the same time!

Glad it went well, can't wait to see pics!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search