Karin & Scooter's Journal - BIRTH STORY (FINALLY!)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree430Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 17th, 2012, 12:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
yay for a great scan!!!! It's always a nice relief to see your little one on the u/s The second tri is going to FLY by! Especially since you have a packed schedule for the next several weeks!! Soon you'll be like me going "OMG, I have to deliver this child in less than two months"

July 17th, 2012, 12:44 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so glad Scooter is looking so well! I cannot wait to see the pics! I also hope this will allow you to feel more as though this is actually happening for you!

July 17th, 2012, 01:44 PM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
Can't wait to see the pics!!! I'm glad that it went well.

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

July 18th, 2012, 08:44 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
12w2d - BUSY week!
HI Ladies!
Sorry I wasn't around yesterday...and sorry I won't be for the next few days as much. I've got a busy week (for me), and not a lot of time for JM

Today, I'm up, showered, breakfast eaten (minus cocoa, no milk ) and getting ready to head to the Park for my phase 7 (of 8) volunteer training! I have been in training since March, so I am gearing up to finish this week! Not sure what today has instore, exactly, but I will be mentored by a current volunteer on some things. That will take up most of my day, then I need to run to the store and get food for DH for the weekend, and milk, for me! Tomorrow, I do my phase 8 training! After tomorrow is done, I will be an official San Diego Zoo Global Volunteer. Trust me, this is no small feat!

Then, I leave Friday for the weekend in San Fran with brother and Munch. And sometime, before all that, I need to do all my school A bunch of reading, 2 sets of homework, 2 study guides, 2 papers, and 2 tests. I have no idea when I'm going to do all this. I'm usually not this busy! But, whatever! It's all great stuff!

So, apologies in advance if I'm not around as much this week. I'm trying to get caught up in morning and nights, so hopefully I'll do ok

Have a super Wednesday all!
xx
Belita likes this.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
July 18th, 2012, 08:50 AM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Hope you enjoy your week and get everything accomplished! Safe travels too.

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.
July 18th, 2012, 09:19 AM
Sounds like it's all great stuff (or a means to an end). Enjoy finishing up your training and then you visit with your brother and Munch!

July 18th, 2012, 04:55 PM
12w2d - Hot, home, hungry.
Short update. Home from training, it was FAB. Had a super fun time, and I am WIPED out. Stopped at the grocery to get a few things I forgot the other day, now home, trying to get some stuff done before dinner. Then I will crash I have a feeling. Because I do it all again tomorrow!

Hope everyone is having a great day!
x

July 18th, 2012, 07:18 PM
JennyLee's Avatar TTC #1 after loss
Glad to hear Scooter's looking good!
TTC #1 since 1/11, Unexplained Infertility
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
ER 10/8 - 24 eggs, 15 fertilized!
Blast transfer 10/13, 4 snowbabies
Very faint 10/18 (5dp5dt)
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!
U/S 11/14 - Heart rate 144!

Abigail arrived 6/28/14!

My Belly Pics
July 18th, 2012, 07:41 PM
Glad you were able to make it to chat for a while! I wasn't sure you'd be there with how busy you said you'll be.

July 19th, 2012, 08:48 AM
12w3d - Another Busy Day!
Short update, I need to get ready to go! I had a great day yesterday, doing phase 7 of 8 for my volunteer training. Today is 8 of 8 I will be so excited to be done training! After today, I can officially volunteer! I will probably start next week.

I am wiped OUT though. I was SO tired yesterday, like ridiculously tired. I came home, caught up on JM, DH got home, made me dinner (well, heated up leftovers), we talked about my day over dinner, watched a wee bit of TV, then both headed to bed. I woke up in the middle of the night with some wretched pain in my belly (nothing Scooter related I'm pretty sure), so I have been up since about 330-4. Now, I have another long day in the sun, forecasted to be in the low 90s here, so probably high 90s at least at the Park. Then I have the Beckman tour after that. Then home and nap.

I don't know what I'm going to do about school this week. But right now, keeping healthy is most important. I'll figure something out.

So, just finishing up my breakfast, then going to make a lunch, and get headed out to the Park. I will try my best to do a little catching up when I get home this afternoon, but I can't promise anything today. I REALLY want to try and get my belly pics and u/s pics uploaded, so I will try and at least to that. But I am already dragging, and it's not even 9am yet. This is fixin' to be a long ***** day.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Thursday!
x

July 19th, 2012, 07:26 PM
on finishing your training!!

July 19th, 2012, 08:03 PM
Hope you're feeling better now.

July 19th, 2012, 09:16 PM
Crystallee's Avatar Host of the Dec 2012 PR
I swear I already posted this somewhere but I can't find it, but YAY for scooter looking so perfect. I can't wait for you to get your bloodwork back and be past all that stuff. Can't wait to see the new bump picture soon. Also, looooove that you are an OFFICIAL volunteer now!!

Thanks kiliki for my siggie!
July 20th, 2012, 08:09 AM
Thanks Ladies! It's been a long road to get to this point to Volunteer, so I'm really pleased and

12w4d - Friday Fun Day!
Quick update, lots to do today! I am finally done with my Safari Park Volunteer Training! It's been going on since March, so this is quite an accomplishment. This volunteer program isn't one that allows you to just go "sign up, start volunteering", it requires 8 different phases of training (and that's just to become an Info Ambassador - entry level). There are more phases of training including oral presentations, tests, and lots of studying to move up the ladder. I will be working my way through those as it makes sense (and as they are scheduled). So, after another really long day (for me) yesterday, I am official! I will be mostly volunteering in the Mammal department, in the Petting Kraal with the goats (no shock there), but also doing some info ambassador shifts sometimes to change it up. Should be fun, and I'll start getting my field work hours for school done too!

Today I fly up to San Fran to see my brother and niece for the weekend. I'm excited to see them! We have nothing really planned, just hang around. It's supposed to be nice (low-mid 70s) up there this weekend, which is really nice for them, and a nice change from the 100s for me. Just eating my breakfast and catching up on JM, then I need to go pack!

Scooter news: nada. Other than being in the 100+ degree heat working my butt off the last 2 days (i.e. no sitting), and being completely exhausted at night, we are doing great. My tummy has been on and off decent. DH is starting to wean me off tacos for dinner. Now I just need to find a pancake replacement for breakfast. I choke them down every day because they treat me so well, but I am really, really sick of them. What I wouldn't give for a nice plate of eggs over medium or eggs benny! I'm starting to get sick of my sweet cravings. I don't necessarily crave savory/salty things, but the overly sweet diet is getting to be a lot. I've never been a big fan of sweets to start, so this is overload for me. Hopefully the start of the 2nd tri coming up will start to even out my food things.

I am still so lame I haven't gotten my latest belly and u/s pics posted. I just have had no time this week. I'm going to go get packed and ready for my trip, and if I have time before I go, I'll try and get them posted.

I won't be around this weekend much, though I always try and keep up from my phone. And retro-apologies for not being here much this week...for me, this has been the busiest week I've had in a long time, and it's kicking my butt! Now, just to get to the airport, then a few days of R&R! I still need to do all my school though

Hope everyone has a wonderful and fun-filled weekend!

x

July 20th, 2012, 08:17 AM
Hope you have a great time this weekend, Karin! And safe travels. I love San Fran in the summertime, so I'm just a little jealous.

July 20th, 2012, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by junie22 View Post
Hope you have a great time this weekend, Karin! And safe travels. I love San Fran in the summertime, so I'm just a little jealous.
Thanks! I'm looking forward to it, seeing Munch, and enjoying a nice break from the heat! Should be a lovely weekend!

Updated with 12w pics finally!

July 20th, 2012, 09:06 AM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
Woo hoo--12 week pics are up!!! You look great! Though I don't know this for sure, but it really looks like you are all baby now and no bloat! Have a great trip and a fun weekend!

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

July 20th, 2012, 09:16 AM
Adorable bump in your 12-week pics!

July 20th, 2012, 10:11 AM
Have fun with your Monkey Munch this weekend!

Some supermarkets sell pasteurized eggs. Those should be okay for you to eat over-medium (according to my OB anyways). I picked some up for myself so when I bake brownies or cupcakes I can lick the bowl.

July 20th, 2012, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belita View Post
Some supermarkets sell pasteurized eggs. Those should be okay for you to eat over-medium (according to my OB anyways). I picked some up for myself so when I bake brownies or cupcakes I can lick the bowl.
I know, and I've been looking like CRAZY for them!! Mine does not, and the health food stores (that probably do, or at least have a better chance) are much farther away, and I haven't had a chance to get there this week. I wouldn't even need a lot...just one every few weeks would tide me over!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search