Karin & Scooter's Journal - BIRTH STORY (FINALLY!)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree430Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 20th, 2012, 11:39 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was reading Parenting magazine and they had a recommendation for a bra called the Coobie bra. Apparently they are one-size fits most, and they come in "full" sizes for women who don't fit in the regular ones. Because of the way they are made they supposedly grow with you. I just ordered some because I was able to get 3 for the price of 1 at Nordie's. Parenting says these are also good as nursing bras. They have a coupon code baby20 that gives you $20 off three bras at shopcoobie.com and I thought the lady in your DDC might be interested in trying these, too.

Last edited by Belita; July 20th, 2012 at 11:41 AM.
July 20th, 2012, 02:03 PM
lilemma86's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
those bras look very comfy! I have been thinking about getting one like a sports bra for delivery. Defiantly give a review when you get them!

PS your belly pic is so cute!!
July 20th, 2012, 04:32 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
There are some new smilies! Have you seen this one, Karin?

Mrs.Paradise likes this.

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.
July 20th, 2012, 04:40 PM
I love getting new smilies! I saw that one yesterday and it is super cute! (well, from what I remember since I'm on my phone and can't see it!) perfect for Karin!

July 20th, 2012, 06:05 PM
Tammyms's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've been debating about bras myself I'm just too darn cheap!

Make a pregnancy ticker
July 20th, 2012, 07:58 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
You should visit a few threads in my DDC I have all over the place!
Mom2JDub and Belita like this.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
July 22nd, 2012, 11:32 AM
Super quick update. On the plane coming home from San Fran. Had a great visit with my brother and Mabel but it was too short We had lots of playtime, and I got lots of practice feeding, changing diapers, and picking out cute outfits and jammies! We spent her afternoon nap yesterday making 3 weeks of baby recipies, which was super fun. They have a great book called Top 100 baby purees, super great. Me and bro are both pretty much organic eaters and so is Mabel. It was fun to watch her try Salmon Surprise for the first time today! She loved it!

Ok, have to shut down phone. Will hopefully get caught up tomorrow!

X

July 22nd, 2012, 11:47 AM
Safe travels back, Karin. I had two baby cook books on my registry and received one of them - http://www.amazon.com/Cooking-Baby-W...I1ZXJMV9ZI0FKQ.

I'll end up buying the other one, but I'm not in a rush until he's ready for solids - http://www.amazon.com/201-Organic-Ba...=IYZ8C0WZQCQBD.

I'm very excited to make his food. I have the freezer storage containers already and everything.

July 22nd, 2012, 01:18 PM
I have that 101 baby purees book on my registry. Glad to hear a great review! I figure I'm staying at home the least I can do for my son is cook his food.

July 23rd, 2012, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belita View Post
I thought the lady in your DDC might be interested in trying these, too.
Great info! I will pass along for sure (and made a note for when I need more for me!!) They look great and super comfy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilemma86 View Post
PS your belly pic is so cute!!
Awww, thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by junie22 View Post
Safe travels back, Karin. I had two baby cook books on my registry and received one of them - http://www.amazon.com/Cooking-Baby-W...I1ZXJMV9ZI0FKQ.

I'll end up buying the other one, but I'm not in a rush until he's ready for solids - http://www.amazon.com/201-Organic-Ba...=IYZ8C0WZQCQBD.

I'm very excited to make his food. I have the freezer storage containers already and everything.
Thanks for the reco's on the books! I will be doing my best to be making nearly all foods for Scooter, so any book reco's are super helpful!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belita View Post
I have that 101 baby purees book on my registry. Glad to hear a great review! I figure I'm staying at home the least I can do for my son is cook his food.
I agree...in the same boat! That, plus, we are mostly organic/natural eaters, so the more I can control what I put in Scooter food, the better (for me). Also, the book was 100 (not 101) - not sure if there are multiple books or not...here is the exact book:

Amazon.com: Top 100 Baby Purees: 100 Quick and Easy Meals for a Healthy and Happy Baby (9780743289573): Annabel Karmel: Books

YAY!
Belita likes this.

July 23rd, 2012, 04:15 PM
Oh, yup! That's the one I put on my registry. So many of these books do 101 instead of a round 100! I also put the first one that Adrienne linked to on my registry and this one, too: http://www.amazon.com/The-Baby-Toddl...=1JT46QPVCCSZN

July 23rd, 2012, 04:37 PM
Good! I think you will be very pleased with the 100 book. (I know, who does an even 100??) I flipped through the recipes, and they all sounded good! My brother loves the fact that it indicates "freezability" which was interesting (I didn't think of that), and also some of the earlier recipes have adaptations for older babies. Honestly, when we were cooking Salmon Surprise on Sat, I was thinking there is no way a baby is going to eat that. But the person that loaned them the book had a sticky on that page that said "Surprisingly well liked at 7 months", so we tried it. She loved it! Crazy!
Belita likes this.

July 23rd, 2012, 04:48 PM
13w0d - Whew. Busy Busy!

Hi Ladies!
Well, I'm back from San Fran, had a superb weekend with my brother and Mabel. Lots of play time, and good catch up time with my brother. Also lots of mommy practice - changing diapers (I still suck!), feeding bottles and solids, making solids from scratch, prepping bottles, changing clothes, reading stories. All great stuff! I got back yesterday afternoon, then helped DH do some trip prep for our Sturgis camping trip in 2 weeks. We were so tired from the weekend (he did a bunch of garage stuff, worked on his bike, put on new pipes, tried out our new tent, got most of our camping gear ready, etc), so we just ordered Chinese carry out for dinner. We rarely do carry out on Sun nights, but we were so tired.

Today, I had a massively busy school day. My school week runs from Thu-Wed, and when the classes open up on Thu, I usually get everything done either Thu, Fri, or both, depending on how hard the papers and such are for the week. Then the rest of the week, I do my discussion part (discussing other people's papers, much easier). But since I was gone all weekend, and spent Wed and Thu doing my volunteer training at the Park, I had to do everything today! All my papers and such are due by Mon night, so I had to cram all my readings, study guides, homework questions, tests, and papers into today! I got it all done, though, so very happy about that!

Now, I'm literally just catching up on life stuff (returning a watch to Amazon, logistics for the wedding in Aug, and our trip, catching up here, cleaning out my email). I need to shower soon, we are meeting some friends for dinner tonight. They live 1 mile down the road from us, and for some dumb reason, we never get together. Mostly it was because they had 1 boy (now 2), and recently had another, so they've had their hands full. They got a sitter for tonight, so they are excited for some adult time! We are going to a nice wine tasting restaurant called the Barrel Room. We've only been once before, they have FAB food, so I'm uber stoked. Sure, I won't be tasting the wine, and that's ok, sounds nasty anyway (which is for me) but it will be a blast. I know the other couple (good friend of DH's from work and his wife), are super excited we are expecting. Apparently, when we were at their house for a BBQ when we were super early (like 6 weeks I think), she totally "knew" I was pregnant. It will be a fun time!

This week, pretty low key. I will be volunteering, likely, one day (working through schedule now), and then just hanging at the Park the rest. I have some random house stuff to do, but much to my surprise, DH did laundry AND dishes before I came home yesterday! I neither asked nor expected him to do either, but he said "I didn't want you to come home to a bachelor house!" He is such a doll. I him so much for these little things!

I am feeling pretty darn good. I can't believe I'm 13 weeks already! Time has seemingly been passing so slowly, but the last week flew by! Here's hoping this week flies by too...our next appointment is next Monday the 30th. Finally our first appointment with my doctor. Probably no scan, but I'm hoping to maybe hear the heartbeat? No idea what will happen other than chit chat!

So, that's that! Hope everyone had a great weekend! I think I'm all caught up on everyone's journals and all the posts of late. Hope I didn't miss anything!

Happy Monday Ladies!
x
Nicholle ttc likes this.

July 23rd, 2012, 05:08 PM
Happy 2nd Trimester!!!!!

Glad you had a good weekend and got lots of practice.

That sounds like a lot of work to get done in one day. Well done, you! Have fun with your friends tonight!

With my pregnancy I felt like time was going slowly each day for the first trimester, but went fast in retrospect. Now that I'm past the first trimester and am feeling movement throughout the day it's going much faster. I hope the same happens for you! I think most OBs start doing a doppler check at every appt starting by the end of the first trimester, so I bet they'll do a heartbeat check. The only appt my OB hasn't checked the heartbeat since 10 weeks was the one right after my anatomy scan.

July 23rd, 2012, 05:17 PM
Just posted the coobie info in my DDC! I think I'm ordering myself!

I can't believe i'm in the 2nd tri! Ohh, need to do my Scooter Stats. I always forget!

July 23rd, 2012, 05:20 PM
Mine shipped today. Hopefully it won't take long for them to arrive!

July 23rd, 2012, 05:47 PM
13w0d - Scooter Stats!

How far along?: 13w0d
Total weight gain/loss: +3lbs? I might actually be down, but my scale is broken
Maternity clothes?: Yep, but only bottoms. Not in tops yet. Just got 2 new pairs of maternity shorts delivered!
Stretch marks?: None yet - whew!
Best moment this week: I ate a proper lunch today for the first time in a month!
Miss anything: Eggs over medium and poached eggs, for sure! (Still!)
Movement: Nada.
Food cravings: No real cravings, but lots of things sound good!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Really over having pancakes every morning. Other than that, everything is A-ok!
Have you started to show yet: Yep, legit bump! (My brothers neighbors guessed I was 5-6 months, though! )
Labor Signs: None
Belly Button in or out?: In! Still smooth inside, but no real change from last week.
Wedding rings on or off?: On.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Have felt pretty great!
Looking forward to: First peri appointment, and our FB announcement (no, we still haven't done it!)
sweet.hun likes this.

July 23rd, 2012, 07:31 PM
sweet.hun's Avatar We're Complete <3
Honestly, the thing I'm most looking forward to once I get in the 2nd trimester is doing my FB announcement. I have such a great feeling about this pregnancy that I've been looking at how to do a really cool announcement. What are you gonna do for your FB announcement?

Always missing my 3 angels. 2/9/06, 3/12/11, 5/22/12
July 23rd, 2012, 08:15 PM
Glad you had such an awesome weekend, Karin. Hope you have another great week and time really flies until your 7/30 appointment. Can't wait to hear about your volunteering day.

July 24th, 2012, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet.hun View Post
What are you gonna do for your FB announcement?
We have an idea that we are keeping sort of secret for now...but I did steal it from another grad

We don't know if it will work, since it involves getting a photo of our dogs standing still (nearly impossible), but we are going to try!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search