Karin & Scooter's Journal - BIRTH STORY (FINALLY!)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree430Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 24th, 2012, 12:08 PM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
Can't wait to see the fb announcement!

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

July 24th, 2012, 12:17 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Updated with 13w belly pics!
Mom2JDub likes this.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
July 24th, 2012, 05:34 PM
13w1d - Afternoon update after a day of nothing
For the record, I did nothing today. Nothing fun, nothing exciting. My belly ache lasted until about 3. Nothing horrid, nothing earth-shattering, just annoying. Annoying enough that I didn't feel like walking around in the 90 degree heat at the Park. Around 3, I finally got up from my desk, boxed up the stuff I had to return, opened my packages of shorts, got dressed (sort of, enough to pass for being in public), and headed out. I went to the UPS store to drop off the boxes, went to the grocery store to get a bunch of random things: ground beef for my tacos that I'll inevitably want this week, milk (made the switch to whole milk this week finally), some organic jam for my PB&J, eggs, my smoothies, some peanuts for DH, and some Pringles. For whatever reason, I needed to have Pringles today. When I got home, I proceeded to open the canister of salt & vinegar ones and ate half of them. They were so tasty! I NEVER allow myself a treat like that. And boy were they good. I don't feel the least bit guilty either.

Now, deciding whether to have tacos or leftover chinese for dinner. Decisions, decisions.

Tomorrow I'm working a shift in the PK (petting kraal, I hate typing that out, and here is the only place that I do that). My good friend Joan, who is a keeper in there, will be thrilled that I am helping. They've all pushed me to get through the program so I can help out in there, since they need the help. Most importantly, though, unlike any of the other volunteers, I know each and every goat, their personalities, their challenges, and how they need to be treated. I know what the keepers need help with, and can recognize the opportunities as they arise without being asked. Some days, it's help with crowd control, but a lot of the time, it's keeping Helga, Brisa, Nadine, and Biscotti away from the feeders where guests are trying to get food out to have fun feeding the goats. I know they need help with enrichment, and they've had projects piling up waiting for me to start. The other volunteers usually just sit outside the PK, making sure guests leave strollers out front, don't have maps hanging out of their pockets, etc. That's not what's needed, so I'm excited to help out. Only annoying part is that I need to wear my uniform shirt and shoes instead of my normal tank top and flip flops.

Whatever. Exciting! I'll knock out my school's field requirement before I know it. My goal is to have it done before Scooter arrives. Shouldn't be a problem.

Anyhow, ramble, ramble. I'm feeling much better after my Pringle snack, so I'm going to hang around for a bit, do a few more things, then go chillax on the couch.

xx

July 24th, 2012, 05:40 PM
Oh! PS. One more thing. I got a call from the genetic counselor today. I couldn't get to my phone in time, so she left a message. Apparently, the Sequenom testing is going to be delayed, as they couldn't get enough of a sample of Scooter's DNA in the first vial...but they are running more. This is normal, happens sometimes, not to worry, nothing abnormal. But in good news, my Fragile X carrier testing came back negative!
Belita likes this.

July 24th, 2012, 05:50 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Hope you're feeling less icky now. Have fun tomorrow. I'll be looking forward to hearing about it. And congrats on the Fragile X carrier news. I'll be hoping the other results are great too.

July 24th, 2012, 06:37 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope you're feeling better. You MUST be feeling poorly to not go to the park.

Have fun with the goats tomorrow!

Glad the Fragile X came back clear! Hopefully everything else does, too!

I was reading the book Lone Wolf by Jodi Picoult (in it a man lives in the wild with wolves for two years to study them) and it turns out that a real person has done that. Have you heard of Shaun Ellis? What are your thoughts on this? I can't imagine doing this!

July 24th, 2012, 06:45 PM
I have the utmost respect for him. He's not the norm, and it takes a very special person to devote their life in that way. I can't say it's for me, as much as I like animals and all, but if it's for him, KUDOS! There is no better way to immerse yourself than to do exactly that...immerse yourself!

Yep, I was feeling quite poorly this morning. Like m/s reared it's ugly head. My days of m/s have been very few and far between, and I can't complain, but it was yuck city this morning. I feel much better now!

July 24th, 2012, 07:52 PM
Glad you're feeling better!

I agree. Not many people would do that. I find it odd, but animal behavior is not a passion of mine. Logically, it isn't all that different from others who go live with indigenous tribes or alone in the mountains. It's just choosing animals for companions instead of humans. Almost like he's the wolves' pet!

July 24th, 2012, 08:06 PM
Yep, that's basically it. But the premise behind people that do that are that they become one of the pack, so truly one of "them" (vs a "pet"), but it's very similar. I find it remarkable. But bizarre at the same time!

I decided that I can no longer eat chicken. Yuck. Food aversion came on strong. I was eating some of DH's leftover chinese with mine...mine was beef lo mein, and his was some sort of breaded chicken. I had about 2 bites, and couldn't eat another. I was totally grossed out. Blech!

July 24th, 2012, 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbpeanut View Post
I decided that I can no longer eat chicken. Yuck. Food aversion came on strong.
Karin, I've been averse to chicken almost the whole pregnancy. I've heard that poultry is a pretty common pregnancy aversion. I can eat it some now, but only when I'm desperate for some protein and it's all I have. And I have to pretty much make it myself because I want to know there's no chicken gristle or fat or veins. It's grossing me out just thinking about it.

July 24th, 2012, 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by junie22 View Post
...chicken gristle or fat or veins...
I seriously just massively gagged when I read this

I've heard this is common. I used to eat a lot of chicken, and haven't really thought much of it until now, but realize that I haven't eaten hardly ANY this entire pregnancy! But I haven't noticed it as an aversion until now. Siiiiiiiiiiiiiick!

July 25th, 2012, 04:55 AM
DaniM0820's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been good with chicken, but ground beef has had me running to the sink! The weird thing is I am good with burgers (not too thick though) and tacos, but anything other than that, no matter what other ingredients are in it, and I can't do it. We have a recipe for hamburger pie and cheeseburger pizza, and both times I tried eating them I had to spit it out and let DH finish it all. So sad.

Hopefully chicken ends up being your ONLY adversion! I've lucked out with just the ground beef (though earlier I had no desire for sweets, but they didn't make me gag).

July 25th, 2012, 08:10 AM
SO far, my only food aversion was pizza early on, but that is working itself out, still not better 100%, but getting there. Cottage cheese for sure, but that's from an earlier situation. Now the chicken. GROSS.

13w2d - Oatmeal!
Found something new and tasty for breakfast! I always have oats in the house, mostly for baking, but I decided to have them for breakfast. So tasty! Much better than pancakes, again! I just finished my bowl and my ovaltine, and now I need to hop in the shower.

Today is my first official volunteer shift at the Park. I won't be doing anything that much different than I often do, I will just have a red polo on, and be allowed to officially eat lunch with my keeper friends now Mostly, I'll be scooping poop, feeding the goats their morning snack and maybe lunch, depending on the crowd, and keeping the obnoxious, food-aggressive goats away from the feeder! I do this all the time anyway, but now I'm official! My first shift is from 10-1, but I will likely pick up the afternoon shift (1-3), as long as I am feeling up to it. I have no idea what my energy is like these days...the past couple, I've been feeling iffy here and there, so figured, no reason to chance it. The program is flexible, though, so if I want to stay, I stay. If I need to go, I go. Simple as that!

In awesome news, I only got up to pee TWO times last night! That's a record low for me! I actually got to sleep at a reasonable hour, and slept really well, which RARELY happens with DH traveling. He'll be back tonight around 8, so that's nice!

Other than that, not much to report.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
x

PS. Don't forget grads chat this afternoon! I should be there, but if I stay for the 2nd shift, might be a few min late, but I'll pop in when I get home if there are peeps in there!

July 25th, 2012, 08:20 AM
Mmmm... oatmeal. It's my go-to breakfast, pregnant or not. I like to make a pot of steel-cut oats (Bob's Red Mill are the best) on Sunday and then portion them out for the week. They keep really well in the fridge, add just a touch of milk in the morning, and heat them up. I like to add a lot of nuts to mine and sometimes dried cranberries or blueberries. Yummy.

Chicken...

July 25th, 2012, 08:37 AM
Crystallee's Avatar Host of the Dec 2012 PR
I might make it to chat if you guys stay late. My appt is at 3 30

Thanks kiliki for my siggie!
July 25th, 2012, 01:54 PM
Funny seeing you ladies talk about chat "this afternoon" when it's at 7pm for me!

July 25th, 2012, 02:52 PM
Mrs.Paradise's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
whew just catching up on your journal!!! Im soooooooooooooo happy that you are in the 2ND TRI!!!! YAY!!!
kbpeanut likes this.
July 25th, 2012, 05:01 PM
13w2d - Long and tiring day!
Just back from my first official volunteer shift. Well, 2 actually. I worked the morning shift (10-1) then felt good enough to stay for the afternoon shift from 1-3. I actually worked until 330, though. I pretty much did what I normally do, but now I can officially do all of it! I finally get to eat lunch with the employees though, so that's fun! Usually I would take my lunch to a shady area by the cheetahs or sometimes at the bird show, but this time, I got to go back and sit with my friend and eat lunch with her.

It was fun day, and I'm getting credit for school, too! I am tired though. It's a little different to be there working instead of "playing".

I'm going to do a few things here on the computer, while I have a massive Pringles attack! Then going to make some dinner, if I'm still hungry, that is. DH gets home around 8-something. We'll prob catch up on my day, then I'll crash. I'm exhausted, and will be doing it all over again tomorrow!

Friday is my new "school day". It used to be Thurs, but now Thursdays work better for volunteering, so I made Friday my stay at home, don't change out of PJs day to do all my school. This weekend will be a lot of prep for our trip, so that's fun, and busy at the same time.

I'm getting sleeping just trying to type! Going to hang out in chat a bit more, and then go relax!

Happy Hump Day!
x

July 25th, 2012, 06:36 PM
Glad your first day being "official" went well. Hope tomorrow is just as fun.

July 25th, 2012, 07:07 PM
Glad it went well! Days in PJs are nice, but not so nice when it's school work.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search