Karin & Scooter's Journal - BIRTH STORY (FINALLY!)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree430Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 19th, 2012, 11:08 AM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Have fun today. Hope you get a burst of energy.

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.
June 19th, 2012, 11:13 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That stretching sounds like Scooter is growing!!

I'm glad you're making an effort to get out somewhere every day. It bet it'll help.
Mrs.Paradise likes this.

June 19th, 2012, 01:13 PM
Mrs.Paradise's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
yeah I crave sweets ALL THE TIME!!! and this is for sure a BOY!!! fruit was my go to thing at the beginning! I guess I wasnt really craving ice cream and candy and cakes and stuff... but fruit was what I ALWAYS wanted!!! lol now I have the craving for ice cream!!! lol

and I agree with Robyn sounds like your stretching for scooter chicken to grow!!!
June 19th, 2012, 02:28 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
8w1d - Afternoon Update
Very little to update. My sweet craving is out the door. Now it's salad with my homemade dressing (had that for lunch), and triscuits. Salt, salt, salt!

WTH?

I did spend 2 hours at the Park with my animal friends. Great morning, saw 4 of my friends, too, so that was nice...one I hadn't seen in a long time, so it was great to see her. We couldn't really catch up or anything since she was handling a cheetah, though

I need to go make a snack, then work on getting my belly pics posted!
x
Mrs.Paradise likes this.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
June 19th, 2012, 03:05 PM
My cravings come and go quickly like that, too! It's funny how that happens!

June 19th, 2012, 04:41 PM
I ditto the fruit thing, Jessica. I've wanted so much fruit this pregnancy. In fact, I'm eating strawberries right now. I just haven't craved a lot of bad sweets. Once in a while I do, but not out of control.

I've had way more food aversions than food cravings. And if I eat something sweet, I immediately want something salty... and vice versa.

June 19th, 2012, 05:46 PM
8w1d - Evening Update
After a whole host of difficulty with my online photo hosting provider, I finally uploaded my belly pics - weeks 6 through 8. I hate them all. First, I look utterly exhausted in all of them. This, as I explained in the first post, is because these were all taken at night, usually after I was woken up from sleeping on the couch, and almost at my bedtime. Secondly, I hate that I didn't get a "before" picture. Before, meaning before stims, or before this bloat started. I do NOT normally look like this. My tummy is usually completely flat. Believe that.

So, blame it on the drugs, plus my super enlarged ovaries, and there you go. First pregnancy belly pics and I look 6 months pregnant at 6 weeks.

June 19th, 2012, 05:46 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Looking forward to reading your journal and so happy for you that you are on this side!
kbpeanut likes this.
June 19th, 2012, 07:07 PM
Karin, you're among friends here, and we don't care if you look tired or bloated. You look awesome no matter what, and you are PREGNANT!
Mrs.Paradise likes this.

June 19th, 2012, 10:40 PM
jojo2bee's Avatar Matthew's Mommy!
You look amazing no matter what! I look horrible in mine though lol. but glad to hear things are going good!

June 20th, 2012, 04:07 AM
DaniM0820's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Still wishing I was as skinny as you are in your 6 week pic before I got pregnant!!
I think you look great, and so stinkin' happy!
Mrs.Paradise likes this.

June 20th, 2012, 04:21 AM
Veteran
i just love your bump photos!

June 20th, 2012, 08:11 AM
We're always our own worst critics. I hate the way I look in my pics, mostly since I was at my all-time heaviest by 30lbs when I got pregnant (moving 45 minutes away from work and not feeling like cooking iwith the long days did a number on me), so aside from the look of my belly (which I do love) I am frustrated and upset with the rest of me.

That's my long way of saying that I think you look great, although I completley understand why you don't feel the same.

June 20th, 2012, 08:36 AM
Thanks ladies. I honestly really don't care...I'm so stinkin' happy to be pregnant, no matter what rough road it took to get here, and no matter what that rough road did to my body! I think what it comes down to is this...if I didn't have to hide it, I'd feel much better. But since I'm trying to keep this on the down-low for another 2 weeks at least, that belly you see is making it really, really hard.

8w2d - Morning
Nothing much to report. I went to bed last night after feeling pretty crummy all night. I couldn't bring myself to eat anything normal for dinner, so I had a bowl of grape nuts, my leftover swedish pancakes from sunday breakfast, and a ton of grapes. I didn't feel sick or anything, just not right. Seems to be an increasing trend in the evening hours. DH went to bed with me too, at 10pm. He usually stays up a little and watches tv, but he was already falling asleep on the couch too.

I didn't sleep well, but that's nothing new. I got up to pee so much I lost count. I couldn't get comfortable, except on my back. Then every time I'd wake up on my back, I'd freak out b/c I wasn't on my left side (supposed to be best). I know it's not a complete no-no to sleep on your back, but somehow in the middle of the night when you aren't fully awake/aware, it becomes a mortal sin.

When I finally got up this morning, I had sort of a funky feeling in my tummy, and of course, loads of awesome gas that just made DH laugh. It was pretty funny though. I'm pretty sure I was tooting all through the night as well.

I got up, fed the dogs, did all the dishes from yesterday (can't bring myself to do them at night, which bothers me to no end), took out the recycling (was piling up), and ate breakfast (waffles today). I feel much better now that I ate.

Today is my last day before school starts tomorrow. I ended up making a change to my school plan, though I'm not sure it will work out the best timing-wise.

My original plan was to complete 3 certifications: Zoo & Aquarium Science (ZAS), Exotic Animal Training (EAT), and Wildlife Rehabilitation (WR). As thing stood at the end of last term, I had completed ZAS, and only needed 3 more classes to complete the other 2. Two are offered this term, and one is offered in the Fall. So, at the end of November/early December, I would have completed all 3 programs in just over a year of full time study. Not too shabby. Well, in true Karin form, I had to be an overachiever.

Since some of the classes count for more than one program (i.e. a required course for one program could count as an elective for another), I did a little research. If I one of the classes I take this coming term was switched to another class, it would not only still count for the program I am in (just a different elective), but it would also count as a required course in a completely different program - Animal Assisted Therapy. With a little more digging, turns out that I have already completed much of the requirements for this program anyway, and if I just switch that one class this term, add one 1 class in the Fall, then one class in the Winter, I will have an entirely new certification under my belt...grand total of four.

I waffled back and forth. If I stuck with my original plan, I would have it really easy during the Fall term (Sep-Nov ish), and then I would be done. Plenty of time to chill before baby. But no, I had to make things challenging! I will be taking one class in the Winter term, which starts in Jan, and runs through March. Worst case scenario, if Jan rolls around and I don't feel I can do it, I can always just wait and take that class next time it's offered (later in the summer). No big deal. I've also thought about talking with one of my Professors, who knows me extremely well, and also happens to be the founder of the school, and seeing if he would allow me to take another course in the Fall, instead of the required course in the Winter.

Here's why that might work. The last required course in Winter I need is Practical Psychology. It's NOT about animals, it's only about human psychology. I majored in Psychology in undergrad. And I double majored in Sociology. I guarantee you that I could pass that class without doing a single lick of reading or work. I know the school would not want to grandfather me out of the class entirely (like testing out of a class in college), because they are small and likely need the tuition. But, if I offered to take a replacement class in the Fall term (i.e. there is one elective that I REALLY want to take, but it doesn't fit in my program otherwise), they would still get their tuition, and I would still complete the 4th program, and i would still be done before baby!

Win win. Sorry that was long. It's been weighing on my mind the past few weeks, and I just finally sort of figured it out. If you got through that, kudos.

Ok, so that's that. School starts tomorrow, today is my last day off, and it's supposed to be nice out. I'm going to head to the Park again this morning. Morning visits seem to work a bunch better than afternoon, when I'm far too tired to do anything productive.

So, off for now! Will check back in this afternoon!
xx

June 20th, 2012, 08:56 AM
Funny how you're starting school again as I'm finishing up!

Quote:
Thanks ladies. I honestly really don't care...I'm so stinkin' happy to be pregnant, no matter what rough road it took to get here, and no matter what that rough road did to my body! I think what it comes down to is this...if I didn't have to hide it, I'd feel much better. But since I'm trying to keep this on the down-low for another 2 weeks at least, that belly you see is making it really, really hard.
This brought on the water works! Of course I read it as soon as someone came into my office! I'm so happy for you, though.

June 20th, 2012, 08:59 AM
thanks Robyn! After 3 1/2 years of trying SO freakin hard to start our little family, this is a blessing, no matter what hardships it brings, no matter how sh*tty I feel some days, and no matter how bloated I look this early. We have our Scooter, and that is ALL that matters.

June 20th, 2012, 09:08 AM
Your plans for school (while spinning my head around a few times) sound awesome. I'd be like you, just get the fourth certification. Even if you end up postponing until later in the year instead of the winter term for the last course, you might as well do it and have four certs under your belt.

Have fun today!
Mrs.Paradise likes this.

June 20th, 2012, 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbpeanut View Post
thanks Robyn! After 3 1/2 years of trying SO freakin hard to start our little family, this is a blessing, no matter what hardships it brings, no matter how sh*tty I feel some days, and no matter how bloated I look this early. We have our Scooter, and that is ALL that matters.
Thank goodness I'm almost done working. I cannot read your journal in public. You're going to have me constantly in tears for you, aren't you?!
fromustobaby likes this.

June 20th, 2012, 09:24 AM
DaniM0820's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Another option is talking to the professor who offers the class in the winter and seeing if you could do the work for the class in the fall (reading, papers, tests, etc) as an independent study-type thing. I did that for one of my classes in college, and it worked out well!

Good luck!

June 20th, 2012, 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniM0820 View Post
Another option is talking to the professor who offers the class in the winter and seeing if you could do the work for the class in the fall (reading, papers, tests, etc) as an independent study-type thing. I did that for one of my classes in college, and it worked out well!

Good luck!
Huh?! That's a super great idea also! I will have to poke around and find out who is teaching. Even if I don't know *that* professor well, I know the founder of the school, and he might allow it...he knows me well, likes me a bunch (I'm his star student...not to pat myself on the back or anything)...that might just work!

Thanks for the great idea!

(and thanks for those of you who actually got through reading that with your head still attached!)

I'm headed to the Park for a couple hours. My friend, Meghann, who is a keeper, sent me a picture last night of 2 of my goat friends - Beverly and Marble (mom & daughter). The goats are all out in the field (off-exhibit) while the Petting Kraal is being renovated. For those of you that remember, I used to spend most of my days with those goats! Not only do I love each and every one of them, but I also used them to work on my training for school. I haven't seen them since APRIL, and I am going through major goat friend withdrawal! I miss my babies!

Not sure if this link works or not, but here is the pic she sent me (this is from her FB, so it may not work). Marble on left, Bev on right. these clowns.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search