Karin & Scooter's Journal - BIRTH STORY (FINALLY!)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree430Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 14th, 2012, 09:37 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
16w1d - Play Day!
I have all my school done for the week (until Thursday, when the next week starts!), all the vacation laundry is done (plus sheets and towels!), so I've got a play day! I need to go to the store, and get some dog food too, but for now, I'm going to the Park to play!

Will check in later!
x

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
August 14th, 2012, 10:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Glad you got back safe Karin, I've been following your trip on FB and it looked like so much fun...and im really not a camping type of girl

Those pics of you and Pat under the place sign (?montana) where you belly is escaping from your shirt are soooo cute! really put a smile on my face

Have you got your outfit sorted for the wedding??

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

August 14th, 2012, 11:23 AM
Expecting #1
Glad the trip went well and you are starting to feel Scooter move around. Its such an amazing feeling. I bet you won't ever forget this trip

Great 15 wk belly pic!

August 14th, 2012, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen@FirsAve View Post
Have you got your outfit sorted for the wedding??
I think so! I have a simple black dress that is REALLY stretchy, that should work just fine. I'm more worried about the rehearsal dinner now...DH is in the wedding, so that's an added event that I need to dress for. We are going to have a little fashion show tonight to see if I can make something work. If not, off to the mall tomorrow!

August 14th, 2012, 04:37 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Glad you had a great time, Karin. I'm trying to get back into journal stalking mode. And I just have to say... You're 16+ weeks!

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.
August 14th, 2012, 04:45 PM
Awww, thanks for popping in! I can't believe you're already back here and posting! Jackson is precious. I love his dimple!

August 14th, 2012, 07:10 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbpeanut View Post
Awww, thanks for popping in! I can't believe you're already back here and posting! Jackson is precious. I love his dimple!
I always hoped he would have his daddy's dimples. So far, it looks like he just has the one on the left. It's almost cuter than having two.

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.
August 14th, 2012, 07:19 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by junie22

I always hoped he would have his daddy's dimples. So far, it looks like he just has the one on the left. It's almost cuter than having two.

August 14th, 2012, 07:42 PM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
Glad you had a great time in your trip! Good luck with finding a dress; hopefully the black one will work just fine

Forever missing my angel 2010

August 15th, 2012, 09:46 AM
16w2d - Day of Rest.
Yesterday, I woke up really exhausted. Not sure why, since I slept ok, but I was. It never really went away all day. I went to the park for a few hours, did the grocery shopping, and did a bunch of stuff around the house. By about 4pm I was cashed. When DH got home, he made me dinner, and I fell asleep on the couch by about 830. He woke me up at 1045 to go to bed. Then, this morning, I woke up at 430 to pee, but then was wide awake! I was thoroughly annoyed. I laid there for a bit, caught up on JM on my phone (reading only), and finally DH's alarm went off at 530. He had to get up and take an early conf call from the house at 630, so I just got up with him. I'm already tired, and know that overdoing it today would be a bad idea. I had originally planned to volunteer today, but with the way I've felt yesterday and being up so early this morning, coupled with the heat well into the 100s again today, I know that standing on my feet outside isn't the best thing. I decided to get caught up on stuff this morning, meeting DH for lunch at 1130, running to get dog food (which I didn't do yesterday because I was too tired), then coming home and resting the rest of the day.

DH doesn't believe I will. I only half believe I will, but I know at least I'll be inside and not outside in the heat.

Right now, I'm going to upload my 16w(1d) pic from last night (was too tired to do it on Monday night), then go have a shower maybe.

I'm still anxious to feel Scooter move again, and I pay attention, but nothing yet. I'm not really surprised, and I'm not worried, but I'm getting antsy! We have our next scan next Tuesday 8/21, and we should be able to find out the gender by then. I still strongly say boy. My OB has her prediction as well. We shall see! I think DH really wants a girl (though he's thrilled with anything!), so it will be a fun day. My mom and aunt are coming into town that day also for the week, so I think I'll make a cake with pink or blue frosting in the middle (white frosting on the top) for dessert that night. It's the only "in person" gender reveal/surprise we have a chance to do with family, so that will be fun!

Ok, off to do more stuff. Hope everyone has a great Wednesday!

x

August 15th, 2012, 10:05 AM
Updated with 16 week (1 day) belly pic!

August 15th, 2012, 12:16 PM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
Look at that beautiful belly!

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

August 16th, 2012, 08:11 AM
16w3d - Stoopid dress.
For weeks, I had a dress picked out for this wedding we are going to in Colorado this weekend. We leave at 5am tomorrow. I have a black, simple dress, very stretchy, about knee-length, sort of an all-purpose go to black dress. I was planning to wear that to the wedding, since I know it would fit. It fit 2 weeks ago. I tried it on again last night to be sure, and sure enough, no way in heck does it fit. The dress stretched over my belly well, but as a result, pulled down the boobie part way too far, so much so, that it doesn't even cover the tatas. So, now I'm SOL.

Today, instead of doing my school like I had planned, I have to go to the mall and find something to wear without spending a boatload of $$$. I managed to scrounge up 3 different options for the rehearsal dinner tomorrow night...none of which I'm overly thrilled with, but all of which will work just fine. I really don't want to spend $$ on another outfit for that, too. If I find something on sale or something, great, but I'm hoping just to find a dress for the wedding.

So, here starts my day. I woke up around 430 again, with searing back pain. I have no idea what my snoogle did to me during the night, but it was half on/half off the bed, curled around my neck sort of, and i had no blankets, and only part of an extra sheet on me (I keep an extra super soft sheet on the bed for warm nights when I can't deal with our regular bedding, but still need a little cover). I was all a mess. My back was killing from sleeping in some odd position for hours. I got up to pee, then 3 more times before DH alarm went off at 545. I finally got up and laid there until about 630. We had breakfast together, and I sent him off to work. Now just doing bare minimum catch up here, then I'm off to shop.

I shall come back, try and do a little school in between, then I need to get the dogs to the kennel around 4. Then come home and pack. I think our flight is at like 620am, meaning we need to be up at about 4. Shouldn't be a problem for me.

That's my day. Hope everyone has a great Thursday!
x

August 16th, 2012, 10:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Urgh stoopid dress! Hope you managed to find something at the mall that fits properly and isn't too expensive

I'm a terrible shopper if the pressure is on so I don't envy you that!

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

August 16th, 2012, 12:36 PM
Expecting #1
I'm sorry the dress didn't fit. Hope you find something you love!!

Right around 15/16 wks, I started waking up with blankets tossed all around me. I realized that I was just hot in the middle of the night kicking everything off. I assumed it was because I was hot, so I brought in an extra fan for my side of the bed and that helped me sleep better at night. Maybe you are moving things around because you body temperature is just getting higher than its used to?

I'm sure you will feel Scooter moving around daily soon! Scooter is turning out to be quite the traveler thus far.... Chicago, Sturgis, Colorado... and wasn't Vegas in there too? Where to next?

August 16th, 2012, 12:49 PM
Afternoon update - I am back from the mall and boy did I score! I ended up with 2 dresses from Macy's, one very simple black tank dress which was non-maternity, and I can totally wear after pregnancy. It's simple, stretchy, and adorable (and only $31!!). It's not nice enough for the wedding, but it would be great for the rehearsal dinner (or any other semi-nice event in the upcoming months). I also got a long sleeved black lace dress with white underneath in my fav brand (Free People), that is also great for rehearsal (or after pregnancy). It wasn't on sale, so I'm not sure I'll keep it. I'll see what DH thinks about it vs my other rehearsal dinner options.

Then I went to Pea in the Pod. I love it there. The ladies are always so nice, even though I am super picky and probably drive them crazy. They never mind. She brought me about 10 dresses to try, and I tried them all. There were so many cute ones! Some fit better than others, some weren't quite my style (but tried them all anyway, you never know!). When I put on the one I got, I was in love. It's not exactly my style (pre-pregnancy), but for now, it's absolutely perfect. I loved it so much. I came out to show the ladies, and they both gushed. I tried on the rest, then put this one back on. I just love it. It was a little more than I wanted to spend, but only by a little, so I splurged. Honestly, I could probably get it taken in after pregnancy and it would be a perfect adorable dress!

Matter of fact, I sort of got a little misty-eyed when I saw myself in it. It's a legitimate maternity dress, and I look legitimately pregnant. I was a little overcome with emotion if I'm honest. I knew that was my dress.

Here is a link to it.

Granted, I'm not looking much like the model in the picture, but you get a good idea of the dress.

I just came home to eat some lunch (leftover tacos, yum!), then I need to do some school, run the dogs to camp, then maybe, if I have time, get a quick mani!

SUCCESS! Love!

August 16th, 2012, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules_loves_beaches View Post
Scooter is turning out to be quite the traveler thus far.... Chicago, Sturgis, Colorado... and wasn't Vegas in there too? Where to next?

Scooter so far has been to...

Vegas (sort of, was just implanting around then!)
Chicago
Richfield, UT
Denver, CO
Loveland, CO
Sturgis, SD
Hulette, Wyoming
Alzada, Montana
Evanston, WY
Barstow, CA
Baker, CA
Mesquite, NV (gas stop!)
Many other gas stops in South Dakota, Wyoming, Arizona, Nevada, and California!

Now Boulder, CO! Jeez, world traveler!
Mom2JDub likes this.

August 16th, 2012, 03:10 PM
DaniM0820's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad you found some dresses you love!! I know you were worried about finding something, and now you have CHOICES!

August 16th, 2012, 05:22 PM
Hi ladies! Just a quick update, not sure when my next update will be.

I managed to get the dogs to the kennel (they were NOT pleased), ran to the mall to see if I could find one more thing (I did not), and got a quick mani. I got one of my 2 classes done for school, and as of about mid-day my second class hadn't opened up yet, which is odd. So, that will have to wait until Monday.

So, all I need to do is pack now, and I'm all set!

I hope everyone has a good weekend...I'll check in as usual, and will post if I have a free min!
xx

August 16th, 2012, 05:30 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Have fun! Glad you found a dress!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search