Karin & Scooter's Journal - BIRTH STORY (FINALLY!)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree430Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 24th, 2012, 05:30 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
I honestly like soup any time of year.

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.
August 25th, 2012, 06:16 AM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
I agree, soup anytime of the year is good. Usually when it's super hot outside, it's super cold inside, so it works .

Enjoy a nice relaxing weekend.

Forever missing my angel 2010

August 25th, 2012, 01:33 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Just documenting...lots of movement at the Harley dealer...live music in the parking lot??

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
August 25th, 2012, 09:16 PM
DeepSouthMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We got a convertible (definitely plan on covering the rails though, my niece "ate" half the railings on her crib ) because we wanted Joseph to keep his furniture as his. If we end up having another, we'll buy that baby their own furniture set as well.

Besides, I have different views depending on the sex of the baby and well, I just LOVE to redecorate! For instance if we have a girl I want white furniture and we bought a dark finish for Joseph. So it just depends on if you want to have any babies y'all have to all use the same set or have each get their own.

Michelle ~ Mommy to Joseph
August 27th, 2012, 09:11 AM
18w0d - Ahhh, Monday.

This is the first normal week we've had since July! Between Sturgis, the wedding in Colorado, and my mom's visit, we have been go, go, going for the entire month of August!

We had a very nice weekend. First weekend we've had nothing to do! We did a little of this and that around the house, and got some errands done, including buying a baby name book so we can start getting ideas. It was so nice to not have any obligations! I did give both my fish tank and my gecko habitat a nice, thorough cleaning this weekend, so both my animals are happy I need to get Norman some crickets this week too.

Today, I have to finish up my school (last week of the term before Finals!), and do a ton of laundry and run to the grocery and Target. I am hoping to get to the Park to volunteer this week, just going to see how the day goes, and decide which day might work best. I'm thinking tomorrow and Wed. We shall see. The weather is supposed to be nice, yet hot.

DH and I are both totally in nesting mode. While we had planned on doing very little this weekend, our errands and such involved things like getting the hardware to fix one of our broken sliding doors and a window latch, cleaning up the 2nd bedroom a bit, looking at cribs, and starting to get ideas about how to organize our house. I will be doing a lot of research this week on baby things, still on cribs right now. I found one online that we both absolutely love (in style), though there is no way to see it unless we go to a showroom for this store, for which the nearest happens to be about 2 1/2 hours away (which is still good, at least they have one in our state!). I think by the end of the week, I might have a really good idea of cribs, and we'll probably go look at some around the area first, just to get a comparison.

We'll have to get registering soon as well. My mom and aunt decided that Oct 20th or 21st will be our shower! I'm so excited! We had enough people to consider splitting it into 2 showers, maybe 3 (one for each side of my family - mom & dad -plus my parents friends were enough to potentially have their own!). We decided, we think, that since we'll be traveling back to Chicago for it, it would be best for us to have it all at once. But, once that date is final, we need to register! I have ideas, but I need to put together a list. I think I might start a "pseudo" Amazon registry to start, just to get ideas all in one place other than Pinterest!

That's about it for me. Hope everyone had a great weekend, and is having a great monday! I'll get Scooter Stats up later, and tomorrow or Wed, update my belly pics from last week, and with tonight's photo!

xx

August 27th, 2012, 09:37 AM
lilemma86's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
isn't nesting mode the best? lol I feel like i have been nesting since i found out i was pregnant! On the weekends there are so many things I want to get done (i.e. buying things) but I know I have a shower coming up I am doing one big shower about 80 people on the invite list because I really want to kinda get it done with one

August 27th, 2012, 10:50 AM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
I think starting a registry on Amazon is a great idea, just to get everything in one place. How exciting to be at this stage!

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.
August 27th, 2012, 11:55 AM
18w0d - Scooter Stats!

How far along?: 18w0d
Total weight gain/loss: +5-6lbs. I guessed right last week!
Maternity clothes?: Yep. Bottoms for sure, one dress. Going shopping for shirts today!
Stretch marks?: Not any that are related to Scoots!
Best moment this week: Random movements/flutterings through the week, but finding out that Scooter is a boy tops all!
Miss anything: Eggs over medium, pasta carbonara (has a poached egg that makes it yummy!), my good tuna (too high in mercury).
Movement: Some random flutterings throughout the week, nothing significant. There was a moment at Biggs Harley (8/25) when I felt a bunch of tiny movements...it was pretty loud, there was a band playing outside, and lots of people.
Food cravings: Soup is the biggie lately. Chocolate, dark/gourmet. Snickers. OJ.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Not queasy or sick, but I'm really not digging on the chicken lately.
Have you started to show yet: Without a doubt!
Labor Signs: None
Belly Button in or out?: In! But it looks different than it usually does (pre-pg)
Wedding rings on or off?: On.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy, but really tired. DH claims I have random mood swings. I don't know what he's talking about!
Looking forward to: Our next appointment, Friday 8/31. Should hopefully get results of the quad/2nd tri screening, and maybe even get another quick peek at Scooter!

August 27th, 2012, 12:13 PM
Sapphera's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad you had such a great weekend, even if you spent it doing much more than you originally anticipated... getting that done helps the "nesting" feeling I'm sure!!!

With all the movement with the live band...I think you might have a music lover in there!!!
WTTC #2
August 27th, 2012, 12:38 PM
^ we sure do! The only time I have felt anything resembling "kicks" was after dancing at the wedding! x

August 27th, 2012, 01:25 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad you've finally gotten to nesting mode! I can't wait to see what you get! I did the play Amazon registry and it was one of the best things I did for myself this weekend. How are you planning to get everything back home after the shower? Sounds like it'll be fun to go back there and see so many people. I bet you'll have lots of Scooter love.

August 27th, 2012, 03:01 PM
Robyn - i think for the shower, we will do a combo of 2 things. We did this for my brother/SIL as well. First, we are going to bring a bigger suitcase than we need, so we have extra room, and pack an extra duffle bag in there as well if we need it. Secondly, for any bigger items we get, (that people purchase and bring to the shower), my mom will probably return them, get a gift card, and we can buy them out here. It's a bit of a pain, but for a few things, it shouldn't be too bad. We are hoping that people will be considerate and either ship things to us directly after the fact (and wrap perhaps a picture, that's what I did for my brother/SIL car seat I got them), or give us small things.

For anything else, my mom is going to ship them out to us!
Belita likes this.

August 27th, 2012, 03:43 PM
Sounds like a great plan!

August 27th, 2012, 07:15 PM
How exciting!!!! I am so ready to be in nesting mode but trying so hard to hold off. Oh and I am so jealous of you using Pinterest . I have been avoiding but I can't pin any baby stuff without anyone getting suspicious.

Do you have nursery ideas? Such as a theme and colors?

August 28th, 2012, 07:42 AM
Expecting #1
My mom and sister also picked the weekend of October 20th for my baby shower in Chicago My mom instructed me on getting the registry done stat so that got done, but it was so overwhelming and fun at the same time

Glad you had a good time with your mom and aunt. I also agree that soup is good any time of year. That has been one thing I have really enjoyed eating this pregnancy, soup and chili

I hope you get to all that school work done. Once that is done you can focus totally on Scooter and getting the rest of your nesting to-dos done

August 28th, 2012, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueeyes25s View Post
How exciting!!!! I am so ready to be in nesting mode but trying so hard to hold off. Oh and I am so jealous of you using Pinterest . I have been avoiding but I can't pin any baby stuff without anyone getting suspicious.

Do you have nursery ideas? Such as a theme and colors?
I have been pinning things for a while, but I had called the board "Someday". I didn't pin too much, though, to avoid raising suspicions. Once we announced it, I renamed the board "Scooter Stuffs!"

We are almost certainly doing an animal themed nursery (surprised??), but don't know all the details yet. We have colors pretty much picked, and I have a lot of ideas of what I'd like to do, but we haven't really sit down and discussed it formally. DH seems to really like most of the things I've shown him so far, though. Just a matter of picking everything out and ordering it (or registering for it!).

August 28th, 2012, 08:47 AM
BabyBirdies's Avatar over the rainbow?
I have a pinterest board called "daydreaming" that is all my baby/kids stuff And I've had it since I've had pinterest!

And I have stalked to Scooter board - lots of cute stuff!
kbpeanut likes this.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
My fertility blog: Only Infertile

NTNP since March 2012, TTC since August 2012, HSG = one blocked tube, SA = normal, 1st RE 7/11 - took a zillion tests, 2nd RE appt = Tubal issue with PCOS tendencies, possible polyp, August 2013 - possible polyp, September 2013 - new job, insurance change! January 2014 - new insurance, March 2014 - new RE appointment, then surprise BFP!

August 28th, 2012, 05:20 PM
18w1d - I.AM.TIRED.
Sorry for the late update today, but I just got home from "work". I've been at the Park all day volunteering. I thought I would go in for a few hours, but ended up working from about 930-almost 4. I had fun. Did a shift out front helping guests, then went to the petting kraal and hung out with the goats. It wasn't too hot today, probably only mid 90s, and the PK is shaded, so that was nice. I didn't realize how tired I was until I got home, and MAN am I zonked. I am even past the stage where I could safely nap. If I did, I wouldn't wake up until morning, but what would really happen is that I would wake up in the middle of the night to pee and not get back to sleep.

Nothing new to report...I have to take belly pics tonight..I was too tired to do them last night. I never put much work into myself before taking them, but I really must shower before these...I am filthy from goats!

Baby elephant was born this morning at 330 am, so that was exciting. They've been showing her a lot on the cam, and even though I was about 100 yards away at work today, I just couldn't bring myself to walk to the viewing area where she was. I was just too tired after I got off, and the walk isn't an easy one. I think I might go tomorrow morning and go see her before I start my shift, If I go in at all. We will see how I feel in the morning. That's the nice thing about volunteering...i make my own hours, and if I don't feel like working, I don't. And if I get too hot, too tired, whatever, I sign out and go home. No worries at all.

Anyhow, we go for our next appt on Friday. Just an OB appt, she'll prob do a quick scan, but otherwise, nothing too much new on baby front.

I have been researching cribs like crazy. I have it narrowed down to about 30 Ya, not getting anywhere. I know what I like, and I really didn't want a convertible, but the more I look, the more that's what I'm finding I like. If I convert it great, if not, so be it! My big thing is that I see them in person, and feel them put together. A wise one (Michelle ) once told me to make sure to do that because just because it might "look" nice, doesn't mean it "is nice" once assembled. I am hoping we will do a little shopping this weekend. We also need to start getting ready to register. I am hoping this week to put together a basic list so we can get started at least.

That's about it for me! Finals are this week too, so that's always fun. I'm really hoping to get both done on Thursday, so I have a nice long, school-free holiday weekend before next term starts up again!

Hope everyone is having a great week!
x

August 28th, 2012, 05:48 PM
What a day! I can only imagine how tired you must have been to choose not to walk to see the newborn elephant!

Babies R Us gives you a checklist when you register, but I think they put way too much on there. I can't remember where I found it, but I did manage to find some pretty good registry checklists online.

I hope you get to go shopping this weekend!

August 28th, 2012, 06:16 PM
Sounds like fun but tiring day! Good luck with crib shopping and getting a registry started!

Animal theme is a cute choice for a nursery and very fitting

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search