Karin & Scooter's Journal - BIRTH STORY (FINALLY!)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree430Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 20th, 2012, 01:26 PM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
Love the belly pics! You look gorgeous! I was able to participate in an independent study in undergrad and grad school. It makes your workload a lot easier. Hopefully you'll be able to enroll in something like this.

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

June 20th, 2012, 02:15 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
8w2d - Afternoon Siesta Time
Just home from the Park, having a big salad, and doing very little other than getting caught up on JM. I saw several animal friends, and several human friends...it was a nice morning, but now I'm tired. My pants hurt my belly so badly I couldn't wait to get home. Problem is, it's not just a waist thing...I have a bella band, and it doesn't really help, nor does the rubber band thing. It's more than my hips have seemingly grown, so that's the part that's most uncomfortable. I told DH we are doing some shopping this weekend, just so I can get a pair of shorts to wear. It's 90 degrees here most of the time, and I have zero shorts to wear! Ugh!

Now I've essentially got 3 boards to "manage" - TTC1, TTC1 Grads, and my DDC. I love it, though. I'm contemplating applying for host in my DDC. A few of the ladies have suggested I do so. I'm debating. I know that I would have a harder time hosting more than one board (at least hosting it the way I would like to host it). And I know I'll eventually have to step down as host of TTC #1, though I really wish I could just stay forever. So I know I could keep up if I wanted to, but not sure I want to commit to hosting a DDC.

So, should I, shouldn't I? What do y'all think pros and cons are?

Off to finish my salad, finish getting through JM, and then maybe rest, read, or something non-school related for one last day!
x

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
June 20th, 2012, 02:21 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Glad you had a good day.

I say go for it, with applying to be the co-host of the DDC. I very seriously contemplated applying to host mine, but back in December I knew that things were going to get really crazy at work in the winter/spring. So I decided not to do it. Looking back, I could have managed it though. I think you'd be an awesome DDC host!
Mrs.Paradise and Nicholle ttc like this.

June 20th, 2012, 03:22 PM
Mrs.Paradise's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
with Adrienne! you would be an AWESOME ddc host!!! DO IT! and if it ends up being too much for you then you can always step down!

LOVE your belly shots!!! soooooooooooooooo cute!!!

and Im right there with you on the whole sooooooooooo happy to FINALLY BE PREGNANT that Im happy for ANY of the not so fun things of pregnancy... we tried for almost 4 years to conceive too... so I get it!
June 20th, 2012, 03:58 PM
DeepSouthMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love the belly pictures! I'm so tickled to see you with a baby belly! Even if it's not much baby yet. Honestly, you may just be like I was. I tell people that as soon as the stick turned pink, my belly went pop! It's true. Like instantly I had a very obvious baby belly.

Btw, the outlook that you have on your pregnant body (about not caring what it looks like, it's gotten you to this point) is how I feel about my post partum body. While I didn't get stretch marks and other common pregnancy "marks" I did get left with a couple of other not so fun things. I don't care though, I have a handsome little boy to show for it and you will have one too! Oh, btw, did I mention that I think you are having a boy?

Michelle ~ Mommy to Joseph
June 21st, 2012, 12:26 AM
jojo2bee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hop everything works out for the school part of everything but it sounds to me you pretty much have it all figured out already lol. and I agree with everyone else... try hosting the DDC! Your a great host and would be awesome at it and if it does seem to become to much then you can always step down! gotta try it though!

June 21st, 2012, 10:15 AM
8w3d - School Starts Today!
Morning Ladies,
Well, today is Day 1 of the summer term. I have 2 classes, and I'm fairly excited about both. The first, Animal Behavior, will be great, both because I know the topic will be highly interesting, and also because I've had this professor twice before and I love him (founder of the school I have also previously mentioned.). The other class should also be interesting - The Human Animal Bond. It's the class I am taking as the required course for my new program (Animal Assisted Therapy), which will also count as the last elective I need for the Exotic Animal Training program. I am taking this instead of Canine Behavior, which I really wanted to take. But, that only counts for my elective, and this new class counts for both my elective AND the required course. Two birds, one stone. I just ordered my books on Tuesday, and I think one just arrived (thank goodness for Amazon Prime, and free 2-day shipping!) I just need to finish cleaning my picture project off my desk, or at least to one side, so I have room to work.

Last night, DH grilled up some brats and veggies on the grill. They were yummy. Then I had a freak out about whether I should be eating brats (we eat a ton of brats in the summer, they are one of my fav foods!). When I got pg, I immediately switched from uncooked/fresh brats from the local market to the precooked/Johnsonville Stadium Brats. They aren't nearly as good, but I knew they would be much safer to start. I know listeria can still infect the brats after they are cooked, and before they are packaged, but since we grill the heck out of them, I'm thinking the double precaution (precooked, then grilling to temp) should make them perfectly safe to eat. It still made me worry a bit, so perhaps I will cut down to 1 a week for a while.

I fell asleep shortly after dinner, and dozed on and off until about 10, when I finally dragged myself upstairs to bed. Well, first to feed my critters, then bed. I was up a million times to potty during the night, but that's nothing new. I woke up this morning, and #2!!!! That never happens in the morning. What a great start to my day! I seriously think it's all the grapes I'm eating.

I had my first breakfast (waffles/inhaled), and ready for my second. All I'm craving is cereal, all day, all night, so I will feed that craving now. I've been forcing myself to eat normal foods rather than my craving of cereal, since I have no aversion to most other foods (just pizza). Healthier. But, I really do only want cereal. Yum.

Right now, craving is for Capn Crunch. I don't have that, or any sugary cereals in the house...only health cereals. Probably a good thing.

Well, I'm off to have 2nd breakfast, then start work! Hope everyone has a wonderous Thursday!
x
Nicholle ttc likes this.

June 21st, 2012, 01:11 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Are you seriously maintaining three different journals? You're crazy!

I think you should apply for co-host of your DDC. Like I said, it's harder, but it's still fun. I love my co-host, too, so that's always good.

June 21st, 2012, 01:42 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
I craved cereal all the time before becoming pregnant, and that predilection has not been swayed during pregnancy. Like you, though, I try to balance out my diet. I could seriously eat cereal for every meal.
Nicholle ttc likes this.

June 21st, 2012, 02:09 PM
~Momma*2011~'s Avatar I love my little girl!!
Karin. I wanted to drop by and Say how extremely over the moon happy I am to see you having a journal on this side of TTC#1. I can't believe you are already over 8 weeks PREGNANT!!!! I followed you closly after you left us in the Dec DDC. I will be stalking you through this pregnancy.... HUGE CONGRATS!!!!
kbpeanut likes this.

June 21st, 2012, 03:01 PM
Thanks Ladies!

Robyn, yep, I'm doing 3 journals, but not sure for how much longer. Some days, I just copy and paste between my Grads and my DDC journal. The TTC one is the only one that is differnt, really.

Jacklyn!!!! I love when my Dec DDC'ers drop by my journal! It's so nice to know that there are a few out there that still stalk me! I loved being in there with y'all, and I hated to leave, for more reasons than one. It's so nice to hear from you!! And I know, over 8w already!

8w3d - Lunch Time!
Whew! Picture project maybe 60-70% complete. At least it's moved to a different part of my desk that doesn't get in the way of my school work area as much. I spent most of the morning doing that. I am very happy with how well it's coming along though. One of those things that's never fun, but when it's done, you are so happy you did it.

Then I got all my stuff for school organized. Got my syllabi printed out for my classes, then got my study guides and such all printed for this week's module. I am mostly done with the reading for one class, and the book is fascinating, so that's nice. It's always easier to read things of interest. Last term, I had a class with a book that was HORRIBLE to read. I eventually had to stop reading it because it was so complex and wordy, it felt like it was in a foreign language.

I decided that instead of cereal for lunch (b/c I had it for 2nd breakfast), I would make homemade chicken salad. I have chicken I needed to use, and I needed to cook it anyway for dinner to use in a casserole. So I cooked the chicken, then realized it was way too warm for chicken salad (which must be cold for me). So I reheated a panini that DH made for dinners the other night. Not bad the second time around, but not fulfilling. I already need a snack, and I want ice cream. I have none, however, I have an ice cream maker and all the ingredients...hmmmm....

Afternoon Project?

Tossed in a load of dog laundry too.

That's my exciting afternoon. Nothing terribly out of the ordinary.

Check back later taters!
xx

June 21st, 2012, 03:14 PM
Crystallee's Avatar Host of the Dec 2012 PR
Sigh now I want some darn capn crunch. This is like a bunch of alcoholics routinely discussing their favorite drinks LOL
kbpeanut, Mom2JDub and jojo2bee like this.

Thanks kiliki for my siggie!
June 21st, 2012, 03:47 PM
Tammyms's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow! Your belly is poppin! I know a lot of it's from IVF stims... I'm guessing I didn't have much of a bloat because I'm overweight? I love your belly!!!

Make a pregnancy ticker
June 21st, 2012, 03:51 PM
My DDC is notorious for that right now. I started a COTD posting (craving of the day). We all love it, but it's driving us all mad!

Update: I ate a panini for lunch, and no longer have a craving for cereal. Now all I want is an Oreo Blizzard from DQ.
Nicholle ttc likes this.

June 21st, 2012, 03:57 PM
Oreo blizzards are one of my favorites!!!

June 21st, 2012, 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammyms View Post
Wow! Your belly is poppin! I know a lot of it's from IVF stims... I'm guessing I didn't have much of a bloat because I'm overweight? I love your belly!!!
Yep, totally from stims...it started to get this way with round 1 (10 days of stim), then continued this way during my break from stim while i was on estrace (3 weeks or so), then continued for round 2 of stim (16 days!!). I also was on super high doses of everything, plus the estrogen wasn't helping. Even after the retrieval/transfer, my ovaries were still big, and still are "screaming" as my doc calls it, which is responsible for a nice amount of my belly. My right ovary alone is about 3 inches. Ugh! I have to be pretty careful still about twisting and turning.

Belly belly!
x

June 21st, 2012, 05:20 PM
jojo2bee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thats funny, I was cravin captin crunch my first trimester to! it was my breakfast all the time... and lunch and snacks to. ha ha! Now I think I want a big bowl of captin crunch yummy!

June 22nd, 2012, 12:55 PM
8w4d - Ready for Lunch!
Hi Ladies,
My update comes later than usual. I'm trying (not well) to maintain 3 journals, and sometimes I forget about one here and there. Today, it was this one!

So, last night, DH made a scrumptious dinner. An easy summery pasta dish, unoffensive to my tummy, and deelish. Apparently, I had been watching a program on the Food Network the night before, and fell asleep. Well, he continued to watch it, and Alton Brown taught him how to make this dish. It was yummy. I feel bad he is working all day, then coming home and cooking for me, but I just don't have the energy right now. I thank him profusely each night, and promise that I'm not playing this up just to get out of cooking. He knows that, and he is happy to do whatever to keep Scooter happy.

I got tired around 930, so I headed up to bed to feed my other critters, then get in bed before i got too tired. I put the tv on what I was watching downstairs, and it was a commercial. I didn't even see the show start again after commercial ended, so I know I passed out quickly. I got up to pee probably no less than 8 times, and at least 4 more after DH's alarm went off. He had an early conference call that he did from home, and he said he was watching me walk back and forth from bed to bathroom from the office.

I finally got up, and Scooter decided it was pancakes for breakfast. So, much to the amusement of DH, I made pancakes! What Scooter wants, Scooter gets. They were ok. We are on the tail end of this pancake mix we bought, and it's just nothing special. Going back to Krusteaz or Bisquick after this for sure.

I ate until my tummy was too full, then started in on school. Yesterday, I finished all of 1 class (reading, study guide, homework, test, and paper). Thus far this morning, I have done everything but the paper for my 2nd class. Normally I get farther on Thursdays, but the morning was overtaken by my picture project. I will finish today, no problem. Then I just have discussion next week, so easy.

This weekend we have a wedding. I am dreading it. I wrote out a long diatribe in my DDC journal, but in short, while we are still friends with the couple, and many of the guests, we all used to be a tight knit group, and now we are not. They are all former coworkers of DH, they are all about 10 years younger, and since they've moved on and up, they got big heads. Sort of like the first time you actually get a raise, well, many of them let it get to their heads, and now they are all full of themselves and think they are better than everyone. They forget that we are 10 years older, have 10 years more experience at least, and have been through that phase. It's beyond annoying. And I don't want to hang out with them. There is another couple there too, long story, but we used to be exceptionally close, now they live in another state, and we are very distant. DH former boss and wife. DH and former boss had some misgivings about things after his boss left (exp in other journal), and while wife and I used to be close, she has always annoyed me (she is EXCEPTIONALLY high maintenance). She drives me insane. INSANE. I used to put up with her because of DH and ex boss friendship (we used to be at their house 3-4 nights a week). The last year before they moved, I went back to work, so I spent far less time at their house (I used to go hang in the day, help with her kids, etc), and she must have taken it personally, because she all of a sudden didn't like me anymore. Whatever. It will be remarkably awkward.

Then there is the hiding the fact that I'm not drinking. Hiding my bloat (even in the dress I'm wearing, it will still show some). Making an excuse why my always perfectly highlighted hair is no longer (I'm growing it out??). Should be a fun time. It's only 2 min from our house, so I'm really hoping we make a short night of it. Normally, I love weddings, but this is going to be a disaster. I just know it.

I should also mention that if wife of ex boss takes a close look at me, she will know in an instant I am pregnant. She also, I should mention, has no tact, and will call me out, and no hesitate to share news. Maybe I'm not giving her enough credit, but if that happens, she's in trouble.

So, i'm just about to start writing my paper. I'm getting hungry, and I have chicken ready to go to make homemade chicken salad for lunch. Sounds yum! We are in a quandary about our Friday night dinner though. For the better part of 4 years, we almost always (99% of the time) get pizza for dinner on Fridays. All of a sudden, I CANNOT eat pizza. We tried last friday, and NO. NO NO NO. It is my first true aversion. We have 2 places we order from, and though it's the one we prefer 2nd, there is a place that has a huge menu, so I can order anything other than pizza, and DH can get a mini one for himself. The other fav thing that place has is their ahi tuna Can't get that either. Boo.

Ok, off to write paper, eat lunch.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful friday, and thanks for listening!

xx

June 22nd, 2012, 01:52 PM
This post makes me want to order pizza for dinner! I'm lucky that I don't have any aversions to specific foods. Well, none that I didn't already have an aversion to before becoming pregnant anyways. In my first trimester I had phases where all I could eat was certain foods, but that sounds different from what you're experiencing. I hope you get over your pizza aversion since it's a fun little tradition for you two!

I hope the wedding goes better than you expect.

June 22nd, 2012, 02:11 PM
DaniM0820's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My aversion is ground beef and anything with ground beef (other than burgers...go figure).

Mine started early and is still around, but I hope you get over yours soon!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search