Karin & Scooter's Journal - BIRTH STORY (FINALLY!)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree430Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 22nd, 2012, 04:51 PM
DeepSouthMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Go to BJ's! Like you said,huge menu and everything is awesome! I have no idea about what to do with the wench lady...hopefully it's a big enough wedding that you can just avoid her.

Michelle ~ Mommy to Joseph
June 22nd, 2012, 05:02 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
First, Michelle, thanks for posting something that said "cake". As must as it was unrelated to actual cake, all it did was make me want cake. But I got grapes instead. I need to be careful what I write on FB, I don't need people being suspicious!

Ya, we will probably do BJs...a big menu, so I can choose anything I want. That's good, because my tastes change hourly!

I'm vacillating between wanting grapes and sausage right now.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
June 22nd, 2012, 07:38 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Hope the wedding isn't as disastrous as you're anticipating... or that you can at least make a fairly quick exit.

June 22nd, 2012, 07:49 PM
Crystallee's Avatar Host of the Dec 2012 PR
I vote you come up with a witty comeback about having eaten too much and how rude she is for pointing it out if she comments on the bump! Also find a glass and have lots of ice water in it to sip. Who would question whats in it.
Mom2JDub likes this.

Thanks kiliki for my siggie!
June 22nd, 2012, 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystallee View Post
Also find a glass and have lots of ice water in it to sip. Who would question whats in it.
Everyone For me not to be drinking chardonnay at a winery, this is a VERY odd thing. Very odd.

I think we'll figure it out. I'm not dreading it as much as I was earlier. I don't honestly care, and to be honest, if I get called out, so be it. There is another couple going, probably the ones we are closest with by far (DH is standing up in their wedding in August), and they are closing on a house today, and spending all day tomorrow moving (themselves) into the new house, BEFORE going to the wedding. They are going to be wiped...so I'm hoping me and Mags (female half) at least, can cop a squat somewhere, catch up, and that will be that! She's not nosy, and she's a good friend, and she wouldn't notice a bump, or if she did, she wouldn't dream of saying anything. Safe zone!

8w4d - about to sign off for the night!
Ok ladies, i'm off for the night, and probably a good part of the weekend. I always read from my phone, but probably won't post as much since i hate typing on my phone. (I feel like I already said that somewhere...3 boards = confusing). DH just pulled in, and he's swapping motorcycle for truck, then going to pick up dinner (chicken lettuce wraps for me/some pasta thing for him - from BJs!).

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
x

June 22nd, 2012, 09:59 PM
DeepSouthMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbpeanut View Post
First, Michelle, thanks for posting something that said "cake". As must as it was unrelated to actual cake, all it did was make me want cake. But I got grapes instead. I need to be careful what I write on FB, I don't need people being suspicious!

Ya, we will probably do BJs...a big menu, so I can choose anything I want. That's good, because my tastes change hourly!

I'm vacillating between wanting grapes and sausage right now.
Sorry about the cake thing! And the other stuff too. But just to ease your mind, my profile is viewable only by my friends and I check it regularly, from another account that I don't have as a friend, to make sure that FB hasn't screwed up and make it public.

And eww! Grapes and sausage. The thought of those together is nauseating to say the least! I'll go back to thinking about those cheddar biscuits. That I have a recipe for. On Pinterest. In case you were interested.

Michelle ~ Mommy to Joseph
June 25th, 2012, 05:28 PM
9w0d!

Scooter Stats
How far along?: 9w0d
Total weight gain/loss: about +2lbs (but scale is broken, so that's a guess, I feel like I've lost just a bit)
Maternity clothes?: Yep. Had to make a trip to the mall this weekend as I officially have no jeans or shorts that fit comfortably. I think this is temporary, bloat.
Stretch marks?: None yet.
Best moment this week: A little bit more energy during the days.
Miss anything: Not really.
Movement: Nope.
Food cravings: Breyers Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream, sour patch kids, bacon/hard boiled egg sandwiches, pancakes, cereal (grape nuts)
Anything making you queasy or sick: Pizza still.
Have you started to show yet: Still just bloat from my enlarged ovaries. Might be a bit smaller than last week.
Labor Signs: None
Belly Button in or out?: In! Please stay that way.
Wedding rings on or off?: On.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Pretty much happy all the time.
Looking forward to: 10w "graduation from RE" appointment/scan on Jul 2!

Whew. It's been a day. I'll apologize in advance for my journal laziness today. I'm pasting what I wrote in my TTC journal, and just adding a few things. Doing the same for my DDC journal too.

First, we had a busy weekend. Good, but busy. Sat, breakfast, then did some gardening. Got our bunny fence back up, ran some more of the irrigation system/drip watering, since we didn't think one area was getting quite enough. Sampled our green onions...looking like those are ready any day! Yum! Then we did some stuff for DH motorcycle (whenever he gets a new bike, seems like every weekend is something related for a few months). We got home, then showered, and went to the wedding. I ended up having to not wear the dress I was planning (the big flowy one I got for the baptism), as it didn't quite hide my bump anymore. I ended up wearing an older black dress, one of my favorites, that fit ok, and it has ruching (sp?) in the mid section, so it did well enough to hid my bloat/bump. I also had on my heavy duty spanx. That, plus, my shawl that I included later in the night after the sun went down, hid things well enough.

When we got to the wedding, the ceremony was quick, then we all got in the drink line. I got water. It was bout 90 degrees and sunny, so I said I was too hot to drink yet. Nobody thought anything of it. It wasn't long before I found out that the people I didn't want to see (the woman, primarily), weren't coming. They live out of town (far), and turns out their middle child had been in the hospital. All 3 of their kids have auto-immune challenges, so this isn't terribly uncommon, but this was apparently a bad one. So they stayed home. I felt bad for them, despite my complaining. But, that made things a TON easier.

The couple we are closest with, we were seated with. Nobody seemed to notice I drank water all night. If the one girl did, she's the one I'm closest to, she wouldn't dare say a thing. I'm sure there is some speculating, but oh well. It was a nice night, the food was OUTSTANDING (for wedding food!!!), and I ate a ton. I got tired about 9, and DH was all to pleased to leave. We were having a really nice time, but our good friends just left (they spent the entire day moving into their new house), and the dance floor was just picking up (as was the drunkenness of the kids - remember, these peeps are 10 years younger). We had a super nice time, and left. Came home, crashed!

Sunday, breakfast out, then decided I needed to go shopping. We had taken the bike out on Sat and then Sun for breakfast. I always wear jeans on the bike, no matter the weather...safer. And I officially now have no jeans that fit. Not even with belly band, or the rubber band trick. There is just no way around it. I am officially out of shorts that fit too, and capris. That leaves me with 3 pairs of pants that I can wear in public (they are all either rachel pally or saint grace pants - palazzo style, if you are familiar). They are great, and I can get away with them in many situations, but not places like the Park or riding a bike. Plus, I live in the desert, I need shorts! So, DH insisted we go to the mall. I don't want to get a ton now, since I'm still early, but I just needed a couple things. I ended up with a super cute pair of khaki capris from Macy's/Destination Maternity section, which were on sale, and they are a bit big now, and are full panel, so I can probably wear them throughout. At the Motherhood Maternity store, DH made me try on jeans. I first tried shorts, but they were all hideous. When I came out of the dressing room with them on, DH says , "Um, what happened there? What's going on over there?" They were bad. Then he found jeans. First pair, sucked. Second pair, big, but good enough. I am a jeans snob. SNOB. Yes, I'm one of those that pays WAY too much for jeans. But I do, and I love them. The only thing I ever spend money on, really. Everything else is Target or big time sale. But the second pair wasn't bad. They were comfy, and though big now, wearable for a long time I think. No luck on shorts. Then since I've been craving a DQ Blizzard, I got one

We came home, decided it was too nice to be inside, so we went up to our subdivision pool (very nice pool). There were a few people there, and so we just laid by the pool for about an hour. We got in before long, as it was really hot out (90s), and the water wasn't warm, but it felt great. When we got home, I took a rest on the couch, DH worked, then we went to Olive Garden for dinner. Don't know why, we never eat out on Sundays, but DH wanted it? Whatever! It was deelish. I didn't feel well at ALL after dinner, so we came home, and I pretty much went to bed. Slept 12 hours.

Woke up this morning not feeling to hot, so laid in bed with Max and Peanut for another hour. Finally got up, had pancakes (leftovers from yesterday), and went to the Park. I didn't feel good, but I don't have too much school to do, and I wanted to get out. I wore my new capris, which was awesome, and stayed in the shade. I saw some animal friends, human friends, and the bird show. TI can say that m/s is kicking in. I felt like s**t all morning, though not nauseous, totally queasy. I tried eating a banana at the park, thinking it would help, but it almost made me ralph. I kept it down, drank some ice water, and sat in the shade. It passed. I still stayed for a bit, then I went to the grocery store, picked up a few things, forgot more than I remembered to buy, then came home.

I've spent the last hour and a half trying to figure out what to eat for lunch. I finally decided, after a bit of a process, to make a cobb salad sandwich. Whatever, it works. So what if it's 4pm?

DH is yelling at me over my chat window to go rest. So, going to do that. And will probably fall asleep, so no making fun of my belly pic that I will take later/post tomorrow, which will happen after I've made a mess of myself on the couch!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Monday!
xx

Last edited by kbpeanut; June 26th, 2012 at 11:32 PM.
June 25th, 2012, 05:58 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Water with lemon helped my queasiness and except for once per day a sip of water would quell any vomiting. Especially when I dry heave.

Glad the wedding went well. Sounds like a great weekend!

June 25th, 2012, 06:20 PM
Thanks Robyn. You know, ice water seemed to really do the trick. Once I got cooled down in the shade, and sipped my ice water, I felt a LOT better.

June 25th, 2012, 08:19 PM
Glad you had an awesome weekend and that the wedding went well. Hope the queasiness doesn't pick up any more than it has been.

June 26th, 2012, 09:40 AM
9w1d - Morning Ladies!
I am having all sorts of tummy troubles this morning. I don't feel nauseous or queasy, but my tummy is a mess. Maybe this is my form of m/s? Either way, it's annoying, but nothing I can't handle.

After my 4pm lunch, I wasn't really hungry for dinner, so DH just heated up some leftovers for himself. I eventually had a bowl of cereal. Which I'm very glad I did, it's helping to, ahem, move things along this morning, if you catch my drift.

I got up this morning late. I was supposed to help DH pack for his trip, but he didn't wake me up when he was supposed to. He said I looked so peaceful sleeping he just couldn't bear to wake me. I finally woke up (I think he dropped something on my foot on the bed while packing), and got him out the door for Delaware for the rest of the week. I fed the dogs, happy that Peanut is eating a little again (he hasn't eaten much this week). Even if it was rice and pancakes, he's eating. I got a little dog food down, so that's good. Made some pancakes for myself, and now just catching up here.

The weather is looking to be nice, so I'm going to head to the Park for a bit this morning, before I get too tired, and before it gets too hot. I have to run to the pet store, get dog food, a light for my crab tank, and crickets. I should really run to target, but if I get tired, that can wait. Maids come today, and it would be nice if I was out of the house when they were here. I always feel like I am in their way.

Other than that, nothing too exciting to report. I have a little school to do, but I can do that later today and tomorrow. It's not much, probably just about an hour or so of work, and I have 2 days to finish it. If I were smart, I'd get a jump start on next weeks reading. Perhaps my books will come to the Park with me.

Hope everyone is having a great Tuesday. I'll try and get my 9w belly pics up shortly!
xx

June 26th, 2012, 09:43 AM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
Hope you are feeling a better today! Glad that the wedding turned out better than you expected.

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

June 26th, 2012, 02:47 PM
Platinum Supermommy
aww hubby is in MY neck of the woods!!!!

go grab either a box of lemonheads (candy) or pick up some preggie pop drops (sour kind) and keep them with you. The lemon ones seriously took any nausea I had away like a champ! I didn't believe my girlfriend who recommended them but they have been my savior throughout my pregnancy (I had bouts of nausea well into my 5th month).

I can't believe your 9 weeks already. I feel like you just took your confirming blood test! Only 3 more weeks and you're in the "safe zone" (as Guiliana and Bill Ranic say...)
kbpeanut likes this.

June 26th, 2012, 03:10 PM
I forgot about preggie pops! Those did help, but they are basically sour candy.

Studying at the park sounds not too shabby!

June 26th, 2012, 05:23 PM
9w1d - Sour is the BOMB.
So, I ate my pancakes, tossed on my (new, awesome, how did i live without them) maternity capris, and went to the Park. I didn't bring my books, mostly because I forgot. I brought some snacks, a bottle of ice (that eventually melts into icy water), and went and camped by the ambassador stage for the morning. Saw many friends, human and animal, and as I was there, I munched on plain rice cakes. Whatever my tummy was doing this morning, those seemed to fix it. I hung out for a bit, saw the bird show (and more friends), another presentation, then I went to the pet store. Got the dogs some new foods (they all of a sudden don't like the food they've been eating for years.). I'm picky when it comes to what I feed them. I like them to enjoy it, but I'm finicky about buying only natural/organic foods. Got in lenghty conversaion with the guy that worked there, and ended up with 2 small bags of 2 different kinds of foods (one for Max, he has a bit of a weight problem, one for Peanut, he needs a LID, limited ingredient diet for his sensitive tummy). They didn't have the right crickets I needed, nor did they have the light for my crab habitat. Need to make a reptile store trip for those. Not unusual.

Then I went to target. Still feeling pretty darn good, but I had a few things to get, figured I could knock it out quickly. Also, my Target is one that has a grocery, and I was hoping upon hoping that they would have the ice cream I've been craving for a few days, since my grocery did not. In the parking lot, I saw that I had a bunch of email, so I took a quick look. Noticed a few board emails, so read them. Saw Lyz' comment about sour candies. It was all I could do to keep from running directly to the snack aisle!

So, here was my basket. "Basket of Pregnancy", I call it:
* More sunblock (always in need with the amount of time I'm outside)
* Conditioner & Soap
* Travel stuff for DH (toothpastes, etc)
* Breyers Mint Choc Chip ice cream
* Ice Cream Cones
* Juicy Fruit Gum - big huge pack
* Bag of fruit slice candies (like gumdrops)
* Bag of lemon drop candies
* 2 Bags of Sour Patch Kids
* 1 Pair maternity shorts (very cute!)
* Disposable razors for DH

I think the check out lady was like "WTH?" She just glanced at my bloat, and kept her mouth shut

I don't even feel bad at all today, but as soon as I read "sour candies", I HAD to have them. Got home, had a handful, washed them down with an ice cream cone. Great lunch.

Talked to my folks quick, just to catch up, nothing big. Getting ready to have a shower, then relax on the couch with the pups tonight. Wonder what dinner will be? A bacon and hard boiled egg sandwich sounds perfect right now. Jeez!

OH! I forgot to mention earlier that as of last night, I am finally OFF my progesterone and estrogen! It is a little odd feeling, not having patches to be mindful of/change, and not having to deal with the progesterone (suppositories), or their associated mess (if you've done them, you know what I mean by that), but it's very nice also. I haven't noticed any difference, other than my bloat is going down, but that started before I stopped the meds. Either way, it's really nice to be done with those. As my RE said at the 8w appt, "Your body is making PLENTY of what you need."

So, that's that. Hope everyone had a wonderful day!
xx

June 26th, 2012, 08:21 PM
for going med-free! It was so hard for me to stop the progesterone.

Just wait until you're going through the checkout lane with nothing but three tubs of pub cheese!! the things pregnant women get away with...

June 26th, 2012, 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belita View Post
Just wait until you're going through the checkout lane with nothing but three tubs of pub cheese!!
I don't know if I ever commented on this, but when you posted that the other day, I laughed. Aloud. Hard.

June 26th, 2012, 09:33 PM
I don't remember either. No worries. DH was laughing at me while shaking his head!

And he had a great laugh about my new toothbrush, too!

June 26th, 2012, 09:43 PM
Woohoo! Glad you're off the hormone supplements now.

I must commend you on an awesome lunch too.

June 27th, 2012, 03:01 AM
jojo2bee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad to hear things are going good! I never tryed the perggo pops but always wanted to. I had the same just off tummy mess, never got m/s really and it only lasted a total of maybe 3 weeks. It was amazing! I hope your the same way to!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search