Karin & Scooter's Journal - BIRTH STORY (FINALLY!)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree430Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 12th, 2012, 11:00 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Hey Dani! Thanks for popping in!

I totally did my glucose drink like a shot. Cracked me up that the one girl sat and sipped it for like 15 minutes, and I just chugged it. The tech thought that was pretty funny
DaniM0820 likes this.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
November 12th, 2012, 05:57 PM
29w0d - New Carpet Day AND day of organization!
Carpet is IN and it is glorious. It is SO plush and warm and cozy. The installers said that whoever did the carpet before that was in (it was already in when we bought the house) didn't even install it right. Oh well, it's all better now!

So NOW I can start on the nursery! All of the furniture is ordered. The crib and dresser should be here in the next week or two, and the glider/ottoman and nightstand probably by end of year, if not early next. Those were both special order, and we ordered them a while ago, but they take time.

Now, I am going to start ordering all of the decor. I've had it picked out for months, but need to make a few final decisions, then start getting things ordered. Next weekend, we are going to BRU/BBB to do our first round of shopping for things we need. This is FINALLY getting exciting!

DH is on his way home now, and we have to put the house back together. All the furniture is displaced from the rooms that got carpet (our bedroom and the guest room), so we need to put everything back together, and get our closets in order (had to clean those out too, since we had carpet put in there also).

Today, I finished one paper for school, but not my big one that is due on Wed (no matter I've had 2 months to do it, oh well). But, I got a TON of office organization done. We spent all day yesterday cleaning out our office, purging stuff we don't need, donating old cell phones and recycling cable upon cable that we didn't need. Today, I reorganized a bunch of computer stuff (cds, install disks/software, etc.), cleaned out my desk drawers, cleaned out 2 shoeboxes of old work junk, made a craft bin, and consolidated another 2 large drawers into 1. Now, I have a whole drawer dedicated to all my critters (crabs, fish, and gecko) and their "stuff" (which before was in one of my cabinets. Now, I have way more cabinet space. I am wiped.

Best part of the day was when DH came home for lunch!!! He NEVER has done this. But, he forgot to leave cash to tip the carpet installers (they were very nice and helpful with our random mix up), and they were so nice to me. One guy even said, "Ma'am, just in case you need to go down the stairs, they look done because the carpet is on them, but it is still very loose, so be very careful, as I don't want you to slip and fall." So sweet. Turns out he just had his first baby 3 weeks ago. He's probably 25 years old by my estimate. Really nice guys who worked really hard and deserved a good tip. (When DH tried to give it to them, he actually tried to refuse).

So, since he was coming home anyway, he brought me delish lunch and ate it with me! This is a treat! From a guy who works 12-14 hour days, with rarely time to eat lunch himself, this was so nice. Made my day.

Tomorrow morning I need to bring Max to the vet for a blood pressure check. Pretty routine, should be cake. Then I have to be home from 11-2 because a guy is coming to fix our furnace, which is not working properly. Hopefully I will get the rest of the office organized, and my paper done. Wed I was planning to volunteer in the morning, then I have my doctor appointment and u/s in the afternoon. Crazy week!

No idea what's for dinner tonight. Probably just toss together whatever. I hae no more energy, and certainly didn't have any to run to the store after the carpet guys left. I swear, I feel more and more pregnant with each passing hour!

I really need to update my belly pics. I will try and remember to take one tonight and get them updated tomorrow.

Ugh, DH is going on a trip tomorrow too, I just remembered. Jeez!

Ok, off to do one last thing before DH gets home.

Happy Monday!
x

November 12th, 2012, 06:19 PM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
How exciting you got your carpet installed!!! I cannot wait until we can start on the nursery so I can understand your excitement. I can't wait until you have it together and we can see pics!

How sweet of DH. It's amazing how little things like that can just make your day .

Forever missing my angel 2010

November 13th, 2012, 06:49 AM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
Sounds like you had a nice weekend! Yay about the carpets!!! I can't wait to see pics of your nursery when its complete!!!!!

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

November 13th, 2012, 09:22 AM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
One more step to nursery completion! I am so stoked to see the final product, even if it will be a while still. Hope you have a productive day working on your big paper.

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.
November 13th, 2012, 11:18 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I bet that carpet looks nice! They sound sweet! I am weird and love the smell of new carpet. I can't wait to see your nursery!

Glad you had a great lunch!

November 14th, 2012, 09:02 AM
29w2d - Heartburn is my #1 enemy.
I had heartburn on and off all day yesterday. I took some Tums mid-day and that seemed to help for a short while, but then nothing. It wasn't really bad, so I just thought I'd wait until dinner time, take a Pepcid, and that would solve it. So that's what I did. I ate dinner, had my Pepcid, and we went to bed around 11.

Just after midnight, I shot up out of a dead sleep, sat straight up in bed, choking on my own acid reflux ( sorry). I burned my insides SO badly. I got up right away, DH said to take 2 Tums to stop the immediate pain, but the damage had already been done. I sat and cried and wimpered for an hour before finally getting the courage to try and lay back down. It burned SO badly. I had the most horrid taste in my mouth. Every time I tried to lie my head down, it burned even more and the "urping" started again. I even propped my head up really high, and nothing helped. Finally I must have fallen asleep, because I did sleep until 545am when DH's alarm went off. I still taste the burn this morning.

I am not happy. Pepcid usually works, but not this time. I didn't eat anything that would have triggered it so badly either. Blech. Ouchie.

Today I usually volunteer, but I have a doctor appointment this afternoon. Technically, I could still rock out the morning shift, but I honestly just don't feel like it. I am tired. I am still going to the Park this morning, one to drop off some papers in the office, and two, just to get out and walk around a bit. It's sunny, warmish day, not too hot, so it will be nice to get some fresh air. Doctor appointment is at 245 - just a regular peri check and u/s. I am also getting my Rhogam shot today. I'll be curious to know if they got the results of my GTT, and also what the rest of the pregnancy will look like from an appointment perspective. I don't know my doctors policy on when they switch to every 2 week/every week appointments and such, so I'm sure I'll find out today.

In other news, I got Max's blood pressure checked yesterday. Not sure if you remember, but about a month ago, he had 2 grand mal seizures that landed him in the hospital. His blood pressure was deadly high (i.e. yes, really so high that it should have been fatal). He's been on high dose med for the past month, and yesterday, I was pleased to learn that it is back in normal ranges. Granted, he'll be on the med for the rest of his life, but he is an easy dog to medicate, and the med is cheap, relatively speaking. Unfortunately, now he has a cold. Peanut had it over the weekend, and now Peanut is better, but Max has it. Oh what fun. At least I can't catch it. But it does make for some unpleasantness around these parts.

I had a mini-freak out on DH last night. Mostly just because I am anxious about getting this house ready for Scooter. We have the carpet, which was my big thing, but now we are waiting on our contractor to schedule a bunch of other "this and that" work that we need done. None of it is critical, but I would LOVE if it were all done by Christmas, when my whole family is coming out. Again, not crucial that it is, but it would be a lot less stressful on me.

For example, we need some new outlets put in, and some other ones moved (whoever put the outlets in this house put them in really odd places.) There is one in the office (i.e. where i live), that is right above the dog bed. That is where we plug in our charging station (which is all the way across the room, and needs an extension cord), and also where I plug in an extension cord for all my critters. But the extension cord only has a few slots, so one of my critters always goes without something plugged in (never anything critical though). I also have one critter still downstairs for that reason - no more plug room! Plus, there are 2 drawers that can't open fully because when things are plugged into that outlet, the plugs stop the drawer. Stupid! So, once that outlet is moved and expanded, I can get all my critters set up happily, and that is one big organizational project I want off my list!

Blah, sorry about that detour. Nobody cares about my plugs.

So, that's my tale of woe for this fine Wednesday. On another note, I did get my big project done for school last night. So, tomorrow starts my FINAL WEEK OF SCHOOL! Then finals! Ugh! Don't even want to think about those, but honestly, they are my last 2, and once they are done, I am totally done with school!!! I still need my field work, but I am slowly coming to the realization that I won't finish all my hours before Scooter, so oh well. It will get done, there is no time limit on that.

Enough moaning and groaning today. I'm off to the Park for some fresh air and some animals!

Have a happy Wednesday all!
x

November 14th, 2012, 09:55 AM
Expecting #1
Glad the carpet is in and that must have been a special treat that your DH came home and you two had lunch. Maybe he will get to surprise you and Scooter occasionally after the little guy arrives.

Sorry about the heartburn, maybe your doctor will have some other suggestions for relief.

YAY for almost being done with school! That is so awesome that you will be completely done before Scooter will arrive.

November 15th, 2012, 10:33 AM
Platinum Supermommy
maybe as your doctor about zantac insted of pepcid?? I had horrific heartburn with Jackson and that worked wonders. Yay for almost being done school!! That's fanastic Hope you hear about your GTT and you passed!!!

November 15th, 2012, 03:56 PM
I hope you had a good day today! I agree about something stronger for the heartburn. That's exactly what my heartburn was like in the third trimester. I took Prevacid and it was a miracle worker!

November 15th, 2012, 04:17 PM
29w3d - Project Day!
Today, I haven't left the house, haven't changed out of my PJs, and yet, feel very accomplished. I have put in some serious work on various projects, mostly electronic and organizational, but still needed to be done. I didn't start my school for the week (last week of the term before FINALS!!!), but we have an extension due to the holiday, so I have plenty of time. I'm thinking tomorrow is school day.

My appointment yesterday was good. Quick recap:

Growth u/s was great. Scooter is measuring 30w4d. He gave us a nice shot of his boy parts, and everything looks spot on. He's in the 67th percentile for size, and is weighing 3lbs 6oz. Both the u/s tech, the u/s doc on call, and my perinatologist said I'm fixin' to have a big boy!

OB check up was great. Asked a bunch of questions, we talked mostly about keeping an eye out for Pre E, she put me on a 2-a-day regimine of Pepcid or Zantac to get my heartburn under control, and told me she would write me a script for a prescription if it's not better by my next appointment.

GTT - passed! But found to be slightly anemic. Going to be on iron supplements. Yay for constipation.

Got my Rhogam shot today = hurt butt. It wasn't too bad, really, but it wasn't fun.

I go back in 3 weeks, then 2 weeks, then move to weekly.

My NSTs start on Dec 20th.

So, all in all, good. I didn't have any heartburn through last night either, which was a nice treat!

Today, I've had many BH contractions...and honestly today was the first day I was even sure that I was having them. Until now, they were so mild, I wasn't sure if that's what they were, but today, I'm sure. They aren't the slightest bit painful, and they are very infrequent/irregular, but they are there.

My chocolate supply is running low. Just thought I'd toss that out there.

I guess that's about it for today. Nothing too exciting to report. It's cloudy and cooler, a perfect day to stay inside. DH is going to make me some yummy dinner tonight, which is nice, since our schedule has been all whack lately because of his travel and work things at night.

This weekend, we will likely do our first stock up trip at Buy Buy Baby and BRU. First round of getting the rest of what we need. I have to do some prep for that tomorrow, too...organizing my coupons, figuring out what we need, etc.

Ok ladies, I'm out. Have a great Thursday evening! Catch ya on the flipside!
x

November 15th, 2012, 06:41 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Sounds like today was a much better day. Glad Scooter is doing so well.

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.
November 16th, 2012, 03:56 AM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
I'm glad Max is doing so much better! Good news to hear Scooter is doing well too! That has to be such a good feeling to be wrapping up school. The timing could not have worked out any more perfectly .

I'm sorry about your acid reflux/heartburn issues . I hope it stays away with your new prescriptions.

Forever missing my angel 2010

November 16th, 2012, 07:14 AM
Expecting #1
Glad you had a great appointment! Hope you have a great weekend of shopping. Can't wait to see what you pick up for Scooter

November 16th, 2012, 07:15 AM
Glad everything is looking good and that you got some meds for the heartburn! Sounds like a fun weekend you have planned. Enjoy all those BH, it's getting so close to Scooter's birthday!!!

BTW, how is the name hunt going?

November 16th, 2012, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belita View Post
BTW, how is the name hunt going?
Getting closer, but still a LONG way off. We have a long list of names, but every time I go back and look at it, there are at least 3 or 4 I no longer like. We have been saying one name over and over, to see if we like it, and so far, it's in the lead, but far from being a "winner". We are pretty darn sure we won't decide until after Scooter arrives!
Mom2JDub likes this.

November 16th, 2012, 10:21 AM
DaniM0820's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The best part of my ultrasounds were the money shots to make sure Jordan was still a boy
Glad things are going well!

November 16th, 2012, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniM0820 View Post
The best part of my ultrasounds were the money shots to make sure Jordan was still a boy
Yesterday was the king of all money shots...there is NO DOUBT that Scooter is still a boy. When the tech first put the thing on my belly, she was like "Whoa, THAT's a boy!" So funny
DaniM0820 and Belita like this.

November 16th, 2012, 12:36 PM
That's what my 3D one was like at 15 weeks. Makes you feel a lot better about buying boy things, doesn't it?!

November 16th, 2012, 12:45 PM
It totally does. The funny thing is, when I look at what I have bought, most of it could actually be considered fairly gender neutral anyway! I love green!!
Belita likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search