Karin & Scooter's Journal - BIRTH STORY (FINALLY!)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree430Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 5th, 2012, 05:57 PM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
I already said this on Facebook but it!

Forever missing my angel 2010

December 5th, 2012, 06:13 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Trumpet is a permanent photobomb
He was actually napping right next to me, and prior to that, he was propped up against my back, sleeping. I have a pic of that too, I'll have to remember to upload it.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
December 5th, 2012, 06:15 PM
DeepSouthMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Too cute!!

Michelle ~ Mommy to Joseph
December 5th, 2012, 07:51 PM

Trumpet napping propped up against my back. Love this kid!
blueeyes25s and Mom2JDub like this.

December 5th, 2012, 08:42 PM
BabyBirdies's Avatar over the rainbow?
So cute!!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
My fertility blog: Only Infertile

NTNP since March 2012, TTC since August 2012, HSG = one blocked tube, SA = normal, 1st RE 7/11 - took a zillion tests, 2nd RE appt = Tubal issue with PCOS tendencies, possible polyp, August 2013 - possible polyp, September 2013 - new job, insurance change! January 2014 - new insurance, March 2014 - new RE appointment, then surprise BFP!

December 6th, 2012, 08:42 AM
32w3d - Project Day!
I have a lot to do today, but thought I'd update quick first.

First, my BRU saga of the other night. We went to pick up the glider, ottoman, and nightstand we had special ordered. When they called to let me know it was in, they said to call 45 minutes ahead of time so they could have it ready. So, that I did.

When we got to the store, which, by the way, is always empty on weeknights, the customer service person took our order slips for both, and I told her I had called, and she said "Oh ya, it should be ready, give me a second.". Several minutes passed, then she said that it wasn't ready, and she was really sorry, it should have been ready since we called, and she would have it up from the back as soon as possible.

So, I went to the bathroom, then DH and I looked at little clothes and such to kill time. Then we looked at some other things we still need to get. Then more clothes. Then strollers. Still no furniture.

About 20 min later, a guy comes wheeling out some huge boxes on a cart, we went out to the truck with him, and he and DH loaded the glider and ottoman into the back of DH's pick up. We said, "there is still one more, the nightstand.". The guy looked really confused. We showed him the slip, and he said, that was all that was back there. I was confused because on the phone, the lady clearly said ALL THREE were in.

Back inside. Customer service lady took the slips, and said, "No, just these 2 are in.". I again said that when I was called, I was told all 3 were in, and that was the only reason we came out today. She went to check with her manager. They all had a little pow wow, and the manager came over and said, "I think only the 2 are in. Do you have your slips?" We gave them to her, and she went to the computer herself and checked. Turns out whoever looked them up, just looked up one of the orders, not the other. It was back there, they were just incompetent (again). She apologized, sent Luis back to get the remaining box.

We waited for another 15 minutes.

Finally, he came out with it. (Again, the store is totally empty).

The manager kept apologizing profusely for making us wait (it had been over an hour by this time), and said she was going to thank us by taking 20% off the nightstand because we were so patient and kind during all of this. While we didn't ask, nor expect anything in return, it was a nice surprise! So, DH went out to the truck to load the nightstand, and I waited at the register while she adjusted our price.

So, here's how it broke down:
* We originally got 20% off the nightstand because the lady was so incompetent when we tried to place the order.
* The manager took off another 20% for making us wait.
* The computer, for some reason unknown to all of us, including the manager, took off ANOTHER 20% for no apparent reason!

So, we got a friggin STEAL on the $300 nightstand!

Guess it pays to be nice!

More update later..need to refill coffee!

December 6th, 2012, 09:20 AM
Sapphera's Avatar NTNP Host
I can totally feel your BRU pain!!! We bought our crib and dresser combination last night..and they were like "yeah, you'll be able to fit that in your car no problem"... we wait over 45 minutes for them to bring the stuff out...and.. not even ONE box would fit in a car.. seriously.. (and we drive a wagon!).

So, now we have to see if I can borrow my brother + his truck to pick it up now
NTNP #2
December 6th, 2012, 09:32 AM
Honestly, BRU is good for a quick one stop shop if it's near your house, and there isn't anything else nearby. But they are overpriced, and their services (in-store) are horrid. The ONLY reason we continued to get our order from them is because our furniture we chose is ONLY sold at BRU.

I am going back tomorrow to get some diapers because they are having a sale where if you buy 2 boxes of the brand we are going to try and use, you get a $35 gift card (and who doesn't like free money!), but other than that, the rest of our stuff is coming from Buy Buy Baby or Target!

December 6th, 2012, 09:38 AM
Sapphera's Avatar NTNP Host
Yeah, still waiting for Target to open up here... supposed to be by the end of December!!
NTNP #2
December 6th, 2012, 09:46 AM
Expecting #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbpeanut View Post
I am going back tomorrow to get some diapers because they are having a sale where if you buy 2 boxes of the brand we are going to try and use, you get a $35 gift card (and who doesn't like free money!), but other than that, the rest of our stuff is coming from Buy Buy Baby or Target!
Which brand are you going to use? That is a great deal!!!

Love your belly pics with Trumpet. I showed DH, who LOVES goats, and now he wants to take me to the zoo so we can get one with a goat at the petting zoo. Oh and you look fabulous. It sort of looks like you put a basketball up your shirt you are all belly and a cute perfect round belly at that!!

December 6th, 2012, 09:57 AM
We are using Pampers Swaddlers Sensitive (to start, will see how they work!). When we were at BRU the other night getting our furniture, they had a sign up that said you get a $25 gift card, but my email from Pampers.com gives me $35 It's only valid in-store, and only valid on Friday Dec 7 and Saturday Dec 8! Not sure if you can still get it if you sign up now for the Pampers.com club, but if not, they should still have the $25 deal going on (though can't remember if that was tied to a specific brand!)

I love my goats!

December 6th, 2012, 10:29 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oooh! That's the brand we use when using sposies and with our Christmas trip coming up I'll have to get some!

December 6th, 2012, 11:34 AM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Karin, I already have my diaper reminder alarm set on my phone so I don't forget to stop by on my way into work tomorrow! BRU's prices are usually not as good as Amazon Mom's prices on diapers, but with the $35 bonus, they certainly are.

I otherwise have come to completely LOATHE BRU and I'm really trying to avoid it at all costs. I could write a book about all the bad service I've experienced there since we registered.

Glad you got a great deal on your nightstand though.

December 6th, 2012, 12:48 PM
Did you guys both get the $35 Pampers deal? I think without it, the gift card thing is $25, and again, not sure if it's specific to a brand or whatnot?

December 6th, 2012, 01:24 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
I got an email that said on Friday and Saturday only, it's $35 with the purchase of 2 boxes of Pampers and a box of wipes. The only requirement was the size count on the boxes.

December 6th, 2012, 01:29 PM
DeepSouthMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
BRU sucks. But that's where we buy all his diapers because they run awesome deals pretty regularly that make Pampers cheaper there than anywhere else.

Michelle ~ Mommy to Joseph
December 6th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by junie22 View Post
I got an email that said on Friday and Saturday only, it's $35 with the purchase of 2 boxes of Pampers and a box of wipes. The only requirement was the size count on the boxes.
Ok good! Just wanted to make sure you got the email too!

December 6th, 2012, 01:45 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just joined Pampers so we'll see if I get an e-mail. I hope so!

December 6th, 2012, 01:49 PM
I hope so! If you don't this time, you will get stuff in the future...they have really good deals/coupons usually! Of course, I haven't been able to use them until now (I've been signed up for years b/c they used to be my client and I was testing their stuff!)

If not, though, I think the $25 gift card deal will still work?

December 7th, 2012, 04:36 AM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
I just joined pampers too! I hope I get the email as well.

Adrienne; have you found that amazon is the cheapest for diapers? We have had a chance to shop around but with Amazon prime we will most likely be buying diapers through amazon unless we come across deals like this .

Forever missing my angel 2010

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search