Karin & Scooter's Journal - BIRTH STORY (FINALLY!)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree430Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 27th, 2012, 09:29 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
9w2d - Wednesday is Pancake Day!
Well, right now, every day is pancake day! I just finished my pancakes, and it's just too dang nice out, so I'm procrastinating school until this afternoon and heading to the Park before it gets scorching hot. Yesterday it was in the mid 90's by like 1130, so I want to be there when it's still cooler out. School can wait until this afternoon.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Wed! I'll check back in later!
xx

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
June 27th, 2012, 04:43 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Every day should be pancake day.

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.
June 27th, 2012, 04:47 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You actually had me checking the date! I dated a guy from England and Pancake Day is the day before Ash Wednesday there. I got confused thinking "Pancake Day is in February or March!"

Are you making different kinds of pancakes or the same kind every day?

June 27th, 2012, 05:33 PM
Yep, Pancake Day is Feb 28. I always remember that because it's only 2 days after my "adoption day". And I just love pancakes!

Every day is the same. Krusteaz Buttermilk...best pancakes on earth!

Mmmmm, now I want those for dinner.

June 27th, 2012, 05:39 PM
It's not always Feb. 28th, though. Shrove Tuesday, which is the official day for Pancake Day is Fat Tuesday. We party it up with Mardi Gras, the Brazilians do Carnivale, and the British make pancakes!

June 27th, 2012, 06:15 PM
OH! I always thought it was Feb 28! Learned something new today!

June 27th, 2012, 06:17 PM
Tammyms's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We just had breakfast for supper and I thought you'd want to know

Make a pregnancy ticker
June 27th, 2012, 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammyms View Post
We just had breakfast for supper and I thought you'd want to know
I did want to know. You reinforced my desire for more pancakes for dinner!

June 27th, 2012, 09:02 PM
9w2d - Bored.
Had a great day today, felt relatively normal. I slept like crap last night, but that's nothing new since I always sleep poorly when DH travels. That, plus my potty breaks. I got really hot in the middle of the night too. The temp in our bedroom is perfect for sleeping, but our down comforter is too warm for summer nights, and just the sheets alone are too cold. I think i need to get a quilt or something for summers.

I slept until 815 though, which is about 2 hours later than usual! I got up, got dressed (if you know me, this never happens), made breakfast, fed the dogs, did a little JM and email catch up, then went to the Park for the day. I felt pretty darn good, I was pleased. The heat didn't bother me, I had some triscuits and lemon candies for a snack, and a lot of ice water. I got home, and wasn't hungry for lunch, probably because i had so many triscuits! I did some school, then had an ice cream cone for a snack.

I finished up all my school for this week, took about an hour, then uploaded some pics to FB. I take so many pictures at the Safari Park, and i never upload any, so I uploaded a few for my trainer friends. They were pleased. But it's also resulted in a weird sort of chat/conversation that is occurring between us via the photo comments. So funny.

Just made a swiss+cojack grilled cheese for dinner. Despite the fact that an hour ago all I wanted was pancakes, by the time I got to the kitchen, they no longer sounded good. So I had a grilled cheese and sea salt/malt vinegar chips. Going to have ice cream cone for dessert shortly. Then bed. I was up too late last night.

DH is coming home a day early! Found out earlier today, via email from his admin (she lets me know when he'll be gone/where, etc, I can't keep track on my own). I was very pleased! So, he'll be home late tomorrow night instead of Friday night.

I hate summer TV too. I can always find something to watch on a food channel, but it's mostly reruns. I should just go to bed, but I feel like if I go to bed too early, I REALLY won't sleep through the night. I should listen to my already mommy friends when they tell me to GET SLEEP WHEN I CAN NOW. Max and Peanut are already cashed out on the couch, so clearly they are ready for bed. Ice cream, then bed. Deal.

Tomorrow is school, all day. I will update in the morning, then need to focus on school. I want to try and get everything done tomorrow, so Friday I can go play. Tomorrow is supposed to be the hottest day of the week, so I'm ok inside. Friday is supposed to be nice.

Well, hope everyone has a good night. Toodles noodles!
xx
Nicholle ttc likes this.

June 28th, 2012, 01:44 AM
HopeTea's Avatar Cautiously expecting #1
OMG! I'm away for a few weeks and I miss something like THIS?! CONGRATULATIONS! I am SO excited for you!

June 28th, 2012, 07:19 AM
I'm glad Pat gets to come back early. I can't imagine having Bert travel that much. Hopefully once you're open about your pregnancy you can work something out so that he's not traveling so much at the end of your pregnancy, at least. A friend at work's husband travels for work a lot and his job didn't make him travel for the last month of her pregnancy and for 6 weeks after the baby was born.

June 28th, 2012, 07:23 AM
Mmmm... ice cream cone.

June 28th, 2012, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopeTea View Post
OMG! I'm away for a few weeks and I miss something like THIS?! CONGRATULATIONS! I am SO excited for you!
Jack!!! Where have you been??!! Hope things are going great for you...you need to update your journal! Thank you! xx

June 28th, 2012, 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belita View Post
Hopefully once you're open about your pregnancy you can work something out so that he's not traveling so much at the end of your pregnancy, at least.
Yep, that will be at my insistence. His boss knew we were doing IVF, and so did his main sales person that he travels for all the time. I can't really explain his job, other than he is a consultant. He isn't in sales at all, he is in Product Development, but he has to go with the sales people on most big calls to talk the technical stuff about the solution. But, when we were doing IVF, we had some "no fly zones", and his boss was great about it (covered a few trips for him), and Susan (sales) totally got it. Susan and I are great friends anyway, so she gets it. When things get closer, people will be more understanding. I will NOT allow him to travel in the last month at least...which actually works out well anyways because it's around the holidays and things are always a bit slower then anyway. If anyone pushes, they deal with me, and I know all of them well enough to deal with them personally if they give any grief. But EVERYONE at DH work loves him, and they love me too, so they will be good. They will be so dang happy for us that it won't even matter. The vast majority of them know we have been trying for this long...as he already worked there when we started...so people know it's been a long road for us.

Whew, anyhow. I wish he didn't travel so much either, but honestly, even though I gripe about it, I realize that it's his awesome job that is allowing me to not only quit my 6-figure job, but also go back to school ($$$) AND eventually be a SAHM. I can't complain one single bit when I think of it that way!
x
Mom2JDub, Nicholle ttc and Belita like this.

June 28th, 2012, 10:16 AM
9w3d - Thursday is School Day!
I'm starting to get lazier and lazier about my journals. I'm still maintaining 3 - 2 pregnancy ones (one in DDC and one in TTC #1 Grads), and for now, still doing my TTC #1 journal. Lately, my DDC and Grads have been copies Oh well!

Just finished my yummy pancakes for breakfast, and getting ready to change out some laundry, then get going on school. I really want to knock out all my school work today, which won't be easy, but if I don't get too distracted, I can do it. I "only" have 2 classes this term (I usually take 3), so this is a nice break.

DH is coming home a day early, so he'll be home late tonight. I'll be asleep, but still, it's one more night he's home! I am almost done with picture project #1, all pictures are sorted and categorized roughly, just need to get a container (fire proof) to put them all in. Then, onto picture project #2. I started this a few months ago, but got busy so never finished. I have SO many pictures from the Safari Park (I would guess nearing 20,000), and I need to upload them all to SmugMug. There are so many people who want to see them, mostly people who work with the animals of which I take the pictures. But I need to sort through them...since most of the time, I'll just sit and snap away hoping that out of the 50 pictures I may take of one animal, one or two turn out. So, imagine years of those pictures, going 4-5 times a week most weeks, ya, that's a lot of pictures to go through. Right now, they are categorized by month/year. But when I upload them, I want to upload into groups by animal, and then by trainer so people can look at what they want. It will be a project that will last through this pregnancy!

Anyhow, it's already after 10, and I'm still playing on JM. Time for school! I'll be around, and will check in later!

Hope everyone is having a great day, and for those in the midst of a heat wave, stay hydrated, and stay cool!
xx

June 28th, 2012, 10:28 AM
I hear you about the job. DH's job might make him grumpy, and his 6-figure job may not feel like 6-figures since I overspent so much before we met and we're paying that off, but it is that job that is allowing me to stay home despite my prior shopping addiction.
kbpeanut likes this.

June 28th, 2012, 10:36 AM
Expecting #1
Your posts make me want pancakes! Hopefully your sour patch candy is keeping your m/s at bay.

June 28th, 2012, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbpeanut View Post
Lately, my DDC and Grads have been copies Oh well!
I keep up a daily blog for my family/friends and this journal. I mainly just copy the main entries for both. Of course, I have to censor the blog more because I sometimes talk about my family issues on here and would obviously not do that on the blog. And there are some things that I add to the blog that I don't add here. For the most part, though, they are the same. Whatever makes life easier. I think you're a real trooper for doing as much as you do... and hosting!

June 28th, 2012, 12:01 PM
KatieKat's Avatar TTC #1
I'M POSTING IN YOUR GRADS JOURNAL! That is all....
Mom2JDub and Nicholle ttc like this.

~thanks to Jaidynsmum for my perfect siggy!~

June 28th, 2012, 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieKat View Post
I'M POSTING IN YOUR GRADS JOURNAL! That is all....

9w3d - Annoyed.
The good - I feel pretty good today.
The bad - Except for my pancakes, I haven't really eaten real food.
The good - I did a TON of laundry!
The bad - I still have to fold it all.
The good - DH got to leave Delaware a day early.
The bad - Weather diverted his flight, now he is delayed, and is going to miss his connection.
The good - I finished all my school!
The bad - ya, no bad to that one!
The good - I am back to working on my photobook project from 3 months ago!
The bad - I still have a long way to go!

So, that's about summing up my day. Lots of goods, and lots of bads. But overall, nothing terrible. I'm just excited that tomorrow I can go play at the Park instead of doing school again!

Going to work on my photo project...Have a super night all!
xx

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search