Karin & Scooter's Journal - BIRTH STORY (FINALLY!)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree430Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 13th, 2012, 10:34 AM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
Good luck! Hopefully the weather won't extend your drive time! I'm guessing someone's birthday is right around the corner! Happy early birthday!

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

December 13th, 2012, 01:59 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
It is a nasty day out there! Be careful getting everything done. I saw your post on FB about the DMV, so I'm assuming that all went really well.

I bought some drawer dividers from Ikea, too. They have a ton of variety and sizes. Hope you find exactly what you're looking for.

December 13th, 2012, 04:57 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope your errands went well and safely!

December 13th, 2012, 05:38 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
33w3d - Finally home.
I left the house at 915am. Got home just after 4pm. I have to go out again, so here is my day, in sum:

* Went to DMV. Forgot my confirmation # for my appointment, so had to wait like everyone else. Luckily, the line wasn't too bad, and once I got my number, I only had to wait about 15 minutes to get called. I was there to a) renew my license (expires tomorrow), b) update my address, and c) add my M-class.

Turns out that when I passed my motorcycle test, I had to have turned in the sheet within a year. Well, this isn't within a year, so I had to take the written test again. I didn't prepare (and it's not terribly easy). I also learned I needed to take 1/2 the regular written test for renewal. It's also not easy (California has wacky things). I thought I would come back, then decided against it and tried to wing it. I passed the driving part, no problem, but failed the motorcycle part - which was not a shock at all, since I haven't reviewed that stuff in over 2 years.

So, now I have to pass my m-class written before they will issue my new license. Grrr. I am going to review tonight and tomorrow morning, then go back and retake it in the morning. I don't have to wait in line or anything, just go test. Annoying, but my fault for not paying attention to all that jazz.

At least the folk at the DMV in this location were all super friendly.

* Fast forward 2 hours, I leave for Ikea to get the little bins for the drawers. It's pouring rain and nasty here, so traffic was slow, but no problem. I'm not in any hurry. Took me about 45 min to get from north of my house where the DMV is, to south where Ikea is. Went in, got my drawer things, found a couple other odds and ends, and was out in about a half hour. I decided that walking around a lot makes my pelvis hurt.

* It was just past 1 at this point, and I knew I needed to eat. I ran to McDonald's which was right there, went inside, ordered my QPwC and sat down with my iPad. I did some Christmas shopping for DH, so at least a good use of my time.

* Drove back north, and about half way home, I remembered that Max is nearly out of his blood pressure meds. So, I exited at the vet exit, and got stuck in traffic there b/c of an accident that had just happened. Waited about 20 min to go 1/2 mile, but that's ok, I was enjoying the Christmas music on the radio. Got to the vet, they were all happy to see me without a sick or injured dog, and they got to work on gathering Max's meds (I hadn't called or anything). Apparently someone told my vet I was there, as he came out to the front to give me a hug and see my belly He's very sweet. They all are.

* Left there, got to skip my next stop (Best Buy - because I ordered what I was going to get for DH from Amazon instead, while sitting in McD's). Headed to Target. I got some dog food, a set of pack n play sheets that are SUPPOSED to fit my odd-shaped PnP, and then I found myself in the infant clothes area. I saw 3 sleepers that I hadn't seen before, so I got them. They were all $8, and all super cute. All NB size, but I'll keep the tags on them, just in case. Then I needed to get some fritos and ground beef for my chili tonight, and checked out. Went to Sbux there (never made it there this morning), got a little treat, and went home.

* Got home, realized I forgot the beans for my chili.

Now I have to go back out in the gross rain. For beans.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
x

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
December 13th, 2012, 06:13 PM
How frustrating about the DMV! At least they were friendly and it wasn't a long wait. Hope you pass tomorrow!

December 13th, 2012, 07:24 PM
Got my chili beans. The lady at the Target starbucks looked at me all funny-like when I walked past. I was like 'Yep, I was just here about 20 min ago' (preggo brain at it's finest!)

I decided since I was there anyway to pick up DH a 6-er of good beer. He's arriving home shortly from his last business trip until AFTER SCOOTER IS HERE!

Many of you know how often he travels, so this is a pretty big deal for me. This week, especially Tuesday when I felt so crappy, I realized how much I really didn't want him gone any more. After he lands, he won't be...for a long time. And his boss is working with him to make sure that he a) has a contingency plan in place for all the travel he can't do, and b) that DH takes enough time after Scooter arrives (since he and everyone else knows DH probably won't take enough, even though he is entitled, and is being encouraged). Probably didn't hurt that at 6pm the other night, when DH's boss' 8 year old son was having a coniption because he needed to watch the Empire Strikes Back THAT NIGHT, and they didn't have it...so I got dressed, drove our back up copy down to the office for his son.

(Yes, we have 3 copies of all 6 Star Wars movies - VHS, DVD, and Blu Ray - we are a bit of Star Wars nerds 'round these parts. It should be enough to say that the entrance of our bridal party into our wedding reception was to the Theme from Star Wars.)

ANYWHO.

I got home, had some packages waiting! I seriously forget half of what I ordered (mostly from Zulily), since it takes so long to arrive, so it's like a big fat surprise all over again when it does arrive! Today, nothing from Zulily but I did get...

* first aid stuffs for Scooter's bathroom
* couple more JJ Cole storage bins
* set of Boppy receiving blankets (I have tons of muslin/a+a and a few heavy ones, but nothing in-between)
* nursery prints ()
* cute BabySoy gown with giraffe
* pack of NB thermal LS onesies in basic colors (blue, gray, brown, oatmeal)
* Jack in the Box for Munch for Christmas
* little baby ISU book for Scooter that I'm giving to DH for Christmas

I got the Ikea drawer things put in, and they are a PERFECT fit for the nursery drawers. Right now, I have diapers in one, various changing station items in another. Then in another drawer, I have plain white tshirts in one, and the other is reserved for plain white onesies when they arrive. Who knows if that will stay, but for now, they work.

I also put diapers and wipes in back up locations in the nursery closet, and bedroom. I will eventually have them downstairs too in our diaper/changing caddy, but I don't really have anywhere to put it now, nor any need to have it "out".

The other day, I forgot to mention that I also got the 2nd part of Scooter's coming home outfit! I got the main part (the top and bottoms) a while back, and the outerwear part that I've been lusting over since I was about an hour pregnant, well, I ordered it. It was a splurge, it's Little Giraffe, a luxe brand I lust over in general, but wouldn't normally buy for every day use. I decided that for his coming home outfit, I would splurge, and get the jacket and hat set. Well, the sizing on the site was misleading, and even though I ordered 0-3 month size according to how they site told me to order it (Nordstrom, btw), 3-6 month arrived. (Note, it doesn't come in NB). So, now I have to take it back to Nordy's, where they don't have it in the store, and see what to do about it. At least they have superior customer service, so it won't be any problem (nor any charge) to return/exchange. But I need to get that done pronto to make sure I can get it.

Last thing. I also found a PnP sheet at Target that, in theory, should fit the odd-sized PnP I have. Someone on a random message board recommended the Circo sheets because of their size, so I found a pack of 2 for $10, and I'm hoping to heck they fit. The company wrote me back and gave me a line of BS:

Dear Karin,
Thank you for your inquiry. If a sheet is used with the pad, use only a fitted play yard sheet specifically designed to fit snug with at least 2” under all sides of the mattress. The sheet must allow proper use of the mattress retention straps. For further assistance, please see attached photos: an example of how a sheet should properly fit on the mattress pad and an example of an appropriate sheet.

Thanks.

Also of random note and rant. When you try and look up playard sheet sizes on BRU website, it typically will give you the dimensions of the PACKAGE, not the dimensions of the actual sheet.

VERY helpful.

So anyhow, pardon the rant. I'm a bit on the cranky side, and can't wait to get my feet up. I am still dressed though, and not in my comfies, as I'm thinking I might have DH take my picture in front of our Christmas Tree tonight. Or not, now that I'm just remembering that it doesn't even have ornaments on it yet.

Good gawd. I'm leaving the computer now.

Y'all are saint-like if you read that. And comprehended it. And are still my friends.

xx

December 13th, 2012, 07:36 PM
Sounds like you should do the photo tomorrow and just cuddle up with Pat tonight.

Oh! And when you said you got Jack in the Box for Munch I initially thought you got a meal from the restaurant for her. I thought "What an odd gift for a baby, especially since it'll go bad before Christmas." THAT is New Mommy Brain at its finest!
Mom2JDub likes this.

December 13th, 2012, 07:52 PM
Karin, that was quite a day! I've been so annoyed by that whole product dimensions versus package dimensions so many times.

Glad you got your beans... now you've seriously made me want some chili. I was craving it last weekend but didn't make it because DH doesn't like chili (crazy, I know). Perhaps I'll make it on Sunday and then be able to have it for lunch on Monday and Tuesday as well.

December 13th, 2012, 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belita View Post
Oh! And when you said you got Jack in the Box for Munch I initially thought you got a meal from the restaurant for her. I thought "What an odd gift for a baby, especially since it'll go bad before Christmas." THAT is New Mommy Brain at its finest!
That is friggin fantastic. And thanks, now I want a Jack. And I don't even like them.

December 13th, 2012, 08:10 PM
you're welcome!

December 13th, 2012, 08:15 PM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
What a day

Forever missing my angel 2010

December 14th, 2012, 06:23 AM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
Whew...glad that day is over for you, but at least it sounded productive and you got your beans!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! (couldn't remember the emoticon for that )

Hope you can put your feet up and relax today!

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

December 14th, 2012, 06:54 AM

December 14th, 2012, 09:52 AM
Thanks Ladies! I honestly keep forgetting it's my birthday. I have so much else on my mind/going on, that my birthday is the farthest thing from it. Plus, for some reason, I don't like the number I'm turning today.

33w4d - Friday!
Short update for now (is that possible from me?). Today, I woke up to quite possibly the best present ever. No, not breakfast in bed (like I usually get, but poor DH doesn't know what to do with me these days!). No, not a cake. No, not a gift. But I woke up to DH showing me a text from our contractor asking if he can come today!??!!!

If you've kept up with my rant about that, you will understand how happy that made me.

I also have to go back to the DMV to take my stupid M-class written exam (must study now!), and go to Nordy's and return the going home thing I bought for Scooter, but honestly, once the Boerger is in the house, I can leave and do all that (again he's a good friend, so no problems leaving him here). I can't believe that by this weekend, all this work might actually be done!

So, I got up, showered, got semi dressed, and ate breakfast. Sent DH off to work, and he left me with the instructions to choose a fun place for dinner. Right now, we're thinking Red Robin, it's across the street, and I get a free burger Plus, we love RR!

We will see what I feel like later though. I have been craving tacos again, so Hacienda might be in the cards, too. (Outdoor, fab restaurant that we only go to with guests in town). We shall see.

Also, this weekend we have our prepared childbirth class all day Sat and Sun. Well, not "all" day, but from 8-3 each day I think. I'm actually quite excited to do them. I feel so unprepared, so hoping this will answer many questions. Then, sometime between now and next weekend, I need to get all my Christmas shopping done!

Ok, off to study for my motorcycle test. I can't believe I have to do DMV 2 days in a row.

At least today, I get a free Starbucks drink of choice b/c it's my birthday! xx

Happy Friday all!
Belita likes this.

December 14th, 2012, 10:07 AM
Happy birthday, Karin! This will be your last birthday without Scooter in tow (well, on the outside)! Good luck with the motorcycle test.

December 14th, 2012, 10:23 AM
BabyBirdies's Avatar over the rainbow?
Happy birthday!! Hope your day goes well and the contractor makes good progress!!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
My fertility blog: Only Infertile

NTNP since March 2012, TTC since August 2012, HSG = one blocked tube, SA = normal, 1st RE 7/11 - took a zillion tests, 2nd RE appt = Tubal issue with PCOS tendencies, possible polyp, August 2013 - possible polyp, September 2013 - new job, insurance change! January 2014 - new insurance, March 2014 - new RE appointment, then surprise BFP!

December 14th, 2012, 10:42 AM
Expecting #1
Happy Birthday! I am glad the contractor is coming by today. What a great birthday surprise.

Read that you are starting Belly Laughs... I loved that book. Quick read, imformative, and hilarious.

Yay for no more business trips!!! WhoooHooo! Another awesome birthday gift too

December 14th, 2012, 10:52 AM
Crystallee's Avatar Host of the Dec 2012 PR
Happy biiiiirthday!!!!! Loved that book by the way. My only complaint was it was too short.

Thanks kiliki for my siggie!
December 14th, 2012, 11:08 AM
Sapphera's Avatar NTNP Host
Happy Birthday Karin!!!!

Sounds like yesterday was a really trying day, so hopefully your day will be better (starting with passing that exam!!!)
NTNP #2
December 14th, 2012, 12:40 PM
Thanks for all the birthday wishes! So far, I've had a decent day, including passing my motorcycle test. I'm now a fully licensed m-class (I've been riding for years, just never had it officially ON my license).

Bad news of the day. I arrive home to find that now our contractor can't come today. Awesome. Not surprised, though. He said he was going to stop off at his big job first this morning, so when I heard that, I sort of mentally prepared that this was too good to be true. He is, however, going to come first thing tomorrow morning before our childbirth class, and work all day while we are gone. So honestly, might work out really well.

Plus, gives me today to get more stuff done around here, and out, without the additional distraction.

So now, doing a few things, having lunch, then nest, nest, nest!

Oh crud, I should probably do my dang Christmas cards. Yeesh.
Mom2JDub likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search