Karin & Scooter's Journal - BIRTH STORY (FINALLY!)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree430Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 21st, 2012, 01:14 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad it went well!

Merry Christmas!

December 21st, 2012, 01:31 PM
DeepSouthMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have a gut feeling that you better listen to P and rest while you can...something tells me Scooter will be here sooner rather than later!

Michelle ~ Mommy to Joseph
December 21st, 2012, 04:23 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
34w4d - PM Update
Well, I'm finally home, and the day went well. I had my NST (update above), then came home, had some lunch, got a few gifts wrapped, then headed back out. I went to the mall () and got a few last minute things for DH, mostly stocking stuffers. I also went to play with the puppies in the pet store. I hate doing that, but then again, I was so freakin miserable walking around the crowded mall, I needed a little joy

I left the mall, went to get my mani/pedi. By some miracle, they were not busy! I have NEVER seen it that empty on a Friday afternoon, let alone right before a holiday. There were a few people there, but I got right in. My nails and toes look pretty now

I came home, the maids have come and gone, and more packages arrived at my doorstep. One package was particularly disappointing, though. I had ordered 3 picture frames - and they arrived. They are "Grandma and Me" frames (ordered 2 of them - one for each), and one "Grandpa's Little Man" frame (for my Dad, DH's dad already has one, that's how we did our reveal to him). Well, what arrived was ONE Grandma Frame, ONE Grandpa Frame, and ONE Mommy and Me Frame!??

So, now one of the Grandma's isn't going to get one for Christmas (I'm sure I'll work it out, but it won't be in time for Christmas, unfortunately). Grr. It's just a little store where I found these, so it's not going to be easy returns like Amazon. Since I'd probably have to pay return shipping anyway, and the frame wasn't that much, I'll probably end up keeping the Mommy frame - especially since I got DH the matching "Daddy and Me" one for Christmas. Oh well.

I am still waiting on a few gifts to arrive - one is set to arrive on Monday, which is fine. The other was SUPPOSED to arrive Monday, but now they are saying Wed, which is after my brother leaves. I hate this sometimes.

Ok, last vent of the day. Finally heard back from the hospital about my Christmas Eve NST. They only had one slot left, and that was at 530pm. So, not only do I have to miss church with my family, but I will be late for dinner. Oh well, not much I can do about it, unless I want to just show up to triage earlier in the day, which is a much bigger production than it's worth.

Ok, DH is dealing with an issue at work, then he'll be headed home, and I have his Christmas gifts everywhere, so I need to get the rest wrapped and put away before he gets here.

I will try and check in over the next week while my family is here, but can't promise much. I sincerely hope all my journal readers have a wonderful, safe, happy, healthy, holiday!

xx

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
December 22nd, 2012, 04:36 PM
Expecting #1
Glad you were able to get your mani/pedi in! Relaxing time before family coming in is always a must! . Have a great Christmas and enjoy your family time!!

December 26th, 2012, 03:03 PM
JennyLee's Avatar TTC #1 after loss
I hope you had a fantastic holiday, Karin!
TTC #1 since 1/11, Unexplained Infertility
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
ER 10/8 - 24 eggs, 15 fertilized!
Blast transfer 10/13, 4 snowbabies
Very faint 10/18 (5dp5dt)
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!
U/S 11/14 - Heart rate 144!

Abigail arrived 6/28/14!

My Belly Pics
December 26th, 2012, 04:09 PM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
I can't believe how much I missed last week but all in all I am glad Scooter is doing good. I hope you had a Merry Christmas and are enjoying time with your family!

Forever missing my angel 2010

December 27th, 2012, 06:56 AM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
Hope you had a Merry Christmas! XO

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

December 27th, 2012, 04:25 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Haven't been on JM at all in the past week. Looks like family has kept you busy too. Hope you had a fantastic Christmas!

Only 1 1/2 weeks to full-term!

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.
December 28th, 2012, 12:18 AM
Crystallee's Avatar Host of the Dec 2012 PR
Hope Christmas went great for you guys!

Thanks kiliki for my siggie!
December 28th, 2012, 11:37 AM
35w4d - Whew.
I am having a love/hate relationship with my computer right now. I have taken a much needed break from my entire office the last week, and while I am loving getting caught up, I really did like being away. I am going to have to start being better about balancing my office time with rest time in my last month!

So, quick (as quick as is possible for me) update:

Holidays were good. My family was here, and there was stress at times (I may repost a vent I posted in my secret forum in my DDC about my SIL), but all in all, a good time. Brother, SIL, and Munch stayed with us, and my parents stayed at their favorite nearby Inn (it's upscale, and they love it there). We did a lot, including a visit to the Safari Park courtesy of free tickets from one of my keeper friends. We had a really nice Christmas Eve take out Italian dinner from our favorite Italian restaurant, and then a very nice, relaxing Christmas Day at home in jammies (I didn't shower/get dressed until about 4!). My family took care of all the cooking for Christmas Day dinner - I did the shopping earlier and then supervised mostly. That was nice. They also cleaned up everything! Brother/SIL/Munch left the day after Christmas, and DH and I spent the day with my folks on Coronado Island. It was nice, beautiful weather. Then my folks treated us to a really nice dinner at a local steakhouse. They left yesterday, and the house was again ours.

Couple of *fun* tidbits from the week:
* SIL drove me up a wall.
* Munch is FUN. She is truly a GOOD child.
* My pack and play is really nice (and the sheets fit well enough!)
* My baby monitor is on the fritz (good thing we had Munch to try it out!)
* Munch loved my dogs, and my dogs couldn't care less about a 1-year old.
* Magnets on a fridge are not safe from kids.
* Don't place a yankee candle on a placemat on a table a 1-year old can reach.
* My chicken aversion also clearly applies to the beautiful turkey we cooked
* I could eat green bean casserole for every meal right now.

I was really wiped from all the festivities, so after my NST/BPP/AFI in the morning and a lunch date with DH, I came home, plopped on the couch with the dogs (also needed some recuperation time!), and watched bad tv all afternoon. I couldn't even tell you the last time I did that. Today, I'm back to my normal routine.

Ok, Scooter updates!
I had NSTs (and related BPP/AFIs), on Christmas Eve and also yesterday, with my OB appointment on Wed. Everything is looking great. I'm starting to have contractions here and there, but rarely anything I feel, though I am having one right now. Scooter is still a maniac. I am at the doctor's office 3x a week now, which is no fun, but honestly, makes the time pass quickly. I often have a hard time believing I am nearing full term! My OB said if I went into labor now, they won't stop me

I have all my appointments made for the remainder of my pregnancy. Crazy. My plan for this afternoon is to make a list of all the last baby things we need to get/do/buy. Top of my list is packing hospital and diaper bags. Everything else can come second. We are ready for a baby...granted, there are "this' and that's" that need doing, but if I had to go to the hospital right now, and come home with a baby in a few days, we are ready. Car seat is the one exception, and we are doing that this weekend.

(Speaking of car seats, for those that remember my car seat fiasco/argument with bro/SIL, they ended up renting one from the rental car company - worked just fine. There is more to this story about using our stuff, but that will come in a separate post later. She slept in the pack n play and it was just great.)

So, I am off to make lists, and do things. I need to be better about getting away from my computer in the afternoons, and getting more rest. I know Scooter will be here before I know it and I don't want to look back on this last month "child-free" and regret not taking more time for myself.

With that said, I'm off. Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday!

x

December 28th, 2012, 12:02 PM
Glad you had a good holiday, even if there were a few little issues. I look forward to hearing more about it all, the venting and such.

December 28th, 2012, 12:12 PM
BabyBirdies's Avatar over the rainbow?
Sorry your SIL drove you up a wall, but I am glad that otherwise you had a really great holiday! I agree, looking forward to hearing more from you

Thanks Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
My fertility blog: Only Infertile

NTNP since March 2012, TTC since August 2012, HSG = one blocked tube, SA = normal, 1st RE 7/11 - took a zillion tests, 2nd RE appt = Tubal issue with PCOS tendencies, possible polyp, August 2013 - possible polyp, September 2013 - new job, insurance change! January 2014 - new insurance, March 2014 - new RE appointment, then surprise BFP!

December 28th, 2012, 01:56 PM
Glad you had a good Christmas even though SIL was annoying. The problem with posting the details in your private area for your DDC is that Julie is the only one who could see it!

I think it's a great idea to make sure you do things for yourself between now and Scooter's arrival to make sure you don't have any regrets about your time before he arrives. Even things like running into a convenience store become not so convenient, so it's great to do what you can now.

Glad things are looking good on your tests! I can't believe you're at the point where they won't stop you if you go into labor! It feels like just yesterday you were researching IVF!!!

December 28th, 2012, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belita View Post
Glad you had a good Christmas even though SIL was annoying. The problem with posting the details in your private area for your DDC is that Julie is the only one who could see it!
Don't worry, I won't hold out on you ladies...I will repost it here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belita View Post
I can't believe you're at the point where they won't stop you if you go into labor! It feels like just yesterday you were researching IVF!!!
Tell me about it! I waited so long to do so many things, and now I feel like I'm in cram-mode!

December 28th, 2012, 02:31 PM
Ok ladies, finally making a list to start packing my hospital bag.

For those in the know...does anyone have any brand/specific recommendations on:

witch hazel pads (all I know is Tucks)
numbing spray/foam (Dermoplast?)
absorbent pads (Always Infinity - got this great reco already!)

Any other items like this that I should be prepared to bring with or have at home (not talking nursing or boobie stuff...yet!)

December 28th, 2012, 02:44 PM
Check with your hospital. Mine provided Dermoplast and Lanisoh so I didn't need either of those.

If your hospital is baby friendly bring a pacifier in case you decide to allow Scooter to have one. We didn't and Sean wanted to suck to soothe so much that we spent $5 on one Soothie pacifier in the gift shop. Huge ripoff since they are cheaper at Walmart and Target and we had some at home.

December 28th, 2012, 02:55 PM
Ok, here is my reposted rant from Christmas Morning.

* Edited: removed since most peeps have read this, and I feel kinda icky having this out there for potentially spying eyes: *

Last edited by kbpeanut; January 2nd, 2013 at 08:55 AM.
December 28th, 2012, 05:15 PM
Grrr... so not cool about your SIL. And it's too bad that she has changed your brother too. Hope things will be back to normal for you now that they are gone and you can shed some stress and relax before Scooter arrives.

Witch hazel pads and dermoplast... they were not standard at my hospital, but the OBs would prescribe them if asked. Then insurance pays for it and you don't have to worry about it. That's what I did. I honestly don't even remember which pads I used now. I do know they were Always, just can't remember the type. Your hospital will provide pads for your stay there, though. I didn't need to use mine at all and even took some of theirs home with me. Of course, I was only there overnight.

December 28th, 2012, 07:46 PM
Yeah, I didn't pack pads in my bags either. I just used the Always when I got home. I wore the mesh underwear for a few weeks when I got home. I made sure I was hooked up!

Sorry your SIL is such a butt. And sorry she's corrupted your brother. People in relationships are supposed to bring out the best in each other. I cannot fathom asking someone to use their super expensive stuff that they haven't even been able to use on their own baby. If you offered I would probably use it since you'd be family but to ask? No way! Sorry it ruined your Christmas, too. You are a bigger person than I.

December 28th, 2012, 07:49 PM
DaniM0820's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I use generic witch hazel pads (supplied by hospital and cvs brand after I came home and then a third brand I can't remember) and they all seemed to be the same--and heavenly!

Dermoplast was way better than the other kind of spray I used. The hospital supplied the blue can kind. I'd go name brand on this.

Always infinity was also the best--they weren't as thick by held so much! Once the ones from the hospital were gone these were awesome to use.

Also, see if they will give you a sitz bath. It helped loads because of all th damage I had from delivery.

Also times 2, :hugs: to you. I wouldn't have been able to keep my cool and I'm glad you get you house and sanity back.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search