Karin & Scooter's Journal - BIRTH STORY (FINALLY!)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree430Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 28th, 2012, 08:33 PM
Crystallee's Avatar Host of the Dec 2012 PR
Even without Preggo hormones I would have karate chopped her so you are a much better person than I. Hugs.

Thanks kiliki for my siggie!
December 29th, 2012, 07:29 AM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Ditto the sitz bath. I ended up buying one off Amazon. I bet the hospital would have provided one if I'd known to ask.

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.
December 29th, 2012, 10:28 AM
DeepSouthMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm with Crystal on this one! Your SIL and my SIL must be very closely related. :/

I also get what you mean about your brother "being in there somewhere". Same thing happened with mine. I must say though, I'm most appalled at the shampoo thing. Really?? After you've used it how many times, that's when you are going to ask permission?? And honestly, they should have brought at least the basics with them. If they didn't shame on them and if they did and used yours anyway (which I imagine was the case because SIL saw it was an expensive brand), then double shame on them.

I sure as heck hope your New Year's goes better than Christmas did!

Michelle ~ Mommy to Joseph
December 29th, 2012, 03:27 PM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
Wow, I'm so sorry about your SIL. What a ....I won't say it. I would be upset too. Maybe she's related to my sister somehow! Again, so sorry!

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

December 29th, 2012, 04:32 PM
BabyBirdies's Avatar over the rainbow?
I'm so sorry about your SIL It sort of makes me glad that my DH's brother isn't talking to anyone in the family right now. Sort of.

I wish I could say I was surprised - her wanting to use ALL of your stuff when they came (excuse me, CAR SEAT?) made me think that they might be like this too. It's too bad that you feel like you have to lock up your stuff from your own family to not get taken advantage of

Anyway, I hope things are otherwise awesome for you and that you had a nice time with your parents after she left!!

Read about Our Journey
Thanks Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
My fertility blog: Only Infertile

NTNP since March 2012, TTC since August 2012, HSG = one blocked tube, SA = normal, 1st RE 7/11 - took a zillion tests, 2nd RE appt = Tubal issue with PCOS tendencies, possible polyp, August 2013 - possible polyp, September 2013 - new job, insurance change! January 2014 - new insurance, March 2014 - new RE appointment, then surprise BFP!

December 29th, 2012, 11:24 PM
HopeTea's Avatar Cautiously expecting #1
So sorry you had to go through all that. And even people who are usually positive and optimistic are allowed to rant from time to time. Especially when it's so very warranted! I really feel for you...

So so glad you have your DH.

December 30th, 2012, 02:30 PM
JennyLee's Avatar TTC #1 after loss
So sorry about the family woes At least you got to enjoy your niece! I know I loved spending time with my nephew.
TTC #1 since 1/11, Unexplained Infertility
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
ER 10/8 - 24 eggs, 15 fertilized!
Blast transfer 10/13, 4 snowbabies
Very faint 10/18 (5dp5dt)
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!
U/S 11/14 - Heart rate 144!

My Belly Pics
December 30th, 2012, 04:02 PM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
I'm glad you were able to at least still have an enjoyable Christmas and found a way to be by yourself when you needed. I'm sorry about your SIL :hugs: That is so annoying with the comments and the wanting to use everything!

I hope you've had time to unwind since Christmas and focus on Scooter. He is going to be here before you know it! It's so hard to believe!

Forever missing my angel 2010

January 2nd, 2013, 06:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm going to echo everyone else and say sorry about your SIL - even as a non-preggo I think i wouldve been fed up with that

Hope you had a good new years, you're going to have such an amazing and exciting 2013!!

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

January 2nd, 2013, 12:17 PM
Waves! I'm having peanut withdrawals
Mom2JDub likes this.

January 3rd, 2013, 08:34 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
I owe y'all an update!

I will get to it shortly...promise!

Mom2JDub and Nicholle ttc like this.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
January 3rd, 2013, 10:20 AM
36w3d - What happened to the last 2 weeks?
Holidays happened, that's what. Just like every year, I have no idea where the time goes from my birthday (mid Dec) to New Years. But at least this year, it made time pass quickly!

I have now hit a standstill. I am just past 36 weeks, and I feel like time has stopped. Every day is a new thing - sometimes good, sometimes bad. Today, it's the hip pain. But, like always, I am cherishing every moment, good and bad. And these days, it's more bad than good. But still, nothing that prevents a smile every time I think about the Scooter man.

Holidays were good, in general. Most of you read my tale of woe about my family visit. I'm over it, I miss them now, and what's done is done. I still have a little bitterness about a few things, but whatever. I need to move on, and that's that.

Our New Years was uneventful. I had to go to the hospital for my routine NST at 4pm on New Years Eve (because I am on a Mon-Thu NST schedule, and the doctor office was closed on NYE). Scooter passed with flying colors. They wanted me hooked up for longer than normal that night for some reason (probably because they were busy, and that's just what worked), so DH and I were watching the monitors and readouts, and it was so clear that he was doing great, but was also pretty active. So we decided to have fun. When he'd settle down for a few min, I'd have a Tic Tac or 2. It drove Scooter bonkers. He started kicking and squirming all over the place! We were laughing, it was cute. We joked about bringing pixie sticks to my NST this afternoon, just to see what he does

After my NST, we went home, showered, and went to Macaroni Grill for dinner. Nothing special, but we used to go there almost every Sat night for the longest time. It's about 2 min from our house, and the food is good. We stopped going after about the first trimester though, because my absolutely favorite dish there is the Carbonara, which has a poached egg on top (which is what makes it so tasty). Since I can't have that, it made me sad. But we decided to go on NYE and I decided I was just going to have them cook the egg over hard instead. It wasn't my perfect Carbonara, but it was sure good! Plus, I had a free dessert coupon from my birthday, so I got a slice of cheesecake to boot. And we had leftovers for dinner last night We came home, plopped on the couch, watched some TV, and I fell asleep until about 1230. Oh well. I have been sleeping like crud lately, so i needed the sleep.

Speaking of sleep, or lack thereof, I need some. Badly. A few appointments ago, protein was showing up in my urine (just a +1, so nothing they are worried about yet), but they have been telling me to drink more water. So, I have been VERY good about it, and as a result, it's making me get up way more at night to pee. I was in the 3-5 times a night range for the better part of the 3rd tri, and now I'm well into the 7-9 times a night. It's doing no good for rest. That, plus, my hip is starting to hurt more and more, so if i'm not up to pee, i'm up because my hip hurts. I am going to ask my doc tomorrow if there is something I can take to sleep. I do NOT want to take things I don't have to, but just ONCE A WEEK, I would like to crash myself out and sleep through the night. Heck, I'll wear a diaper if I have to. I haven't even taken Tylenol one time this pregnancy, but I have a feeling my doc's reco will be Tylenol PM. We shall see. At least with my massive Pepcid dosage, the heartburn is at bay. If I forget even one dose, though, it's horrific.

Scooter is doing well. His NSTs have all been great, his AFI's have been as well. He has lots of fluid in there, but they always have a heck of a time measuring it accurately because all of his big fluid pockets are all filled up with cord. He likes to wiggle his toes...which is a bit disturbing, because DH has a bad toe-wiggling habit. If he can't wiggle his toes, he flips out. So, if you ever see him just sitting around without a shoe on, he will be guaranteed to be wiggling his toes.

Scooter is measuring about a week and a half ahead now, instead of the 2 to 2 1/2 weeks he has been. Doctors are pleased with that. They still say he's going to be big though, but they've stopped throwing out numbers. I am still going 3x a week to the office - 2x for NST/AFI on Mon and Thu, and 1x for my doctor appointments. They haven't started doing any internal/cervix checks yet, probably because there is no reason to at this point. I haven't felt anything that would lead me to believe we are getting close, and Scooter, while his head is lodged solidly in my pelvis, hasn't dropped.

That being said, I had always predicted that I would go early - Jan 12-14 was my guess. My dad thinks Jan 15 is the magic date, my mom thinks "early", but not sure when. DH thinks Jan 19 is Scooter's birthday, which also happens to be DH's birthday. I am now feeling Feb 1 for some reason.

Nursery is about 98% complete! We got the prints on the wall, my custom outlet covers and switch plates, custom lampshade, and custom valance. We had to take down the monitor since our first one went fritzy when Munch was here, so we exchanged it for a new one (a bit of a hassle, but it all worked out - BRU, go figure). Got the new one installed, and more on the closet arrangement is done. We are still waiting for our contractor and the electrician to finish the closet light, and we still need to get/install the shelves on the wall. Once those 2 things are done, the nursery will be complete! (or as close to it as it will be before he arrives). There is one problem with my custom valance though....

I ordered all this custom stuff from Etsy, a reputable seller. I got a lampshade, valance, outlet cover and switch plate to match the PBK quilt and crib sheets I have. I specified the window size for the valance, asked her to make it extend out a bit from either side. She asked if i wanted a flat panel or gathered/bunched. I opted for the gathered/bunched, which was extra $$$. When I got it, it was a flat panel that barely extended out past the end of the window. Not a huge deal, but 1) not what I ordered and 2) I paid extra for something I didn't get. I have contacted the seller, and still waiting to hear back. Hopefully, she will make good on this in some way.

So, once all is complete, I will finally share pictures!

I ended up spending the entire day at the Safari Park yesterday. I was in the Petting Kraal all morning, until about 2, then I went back to the volunteer office and hung out with the day captains and the Park Ops manager until about 5. They are all like pseudo-grandparents and aunts and uncles to me. They put a sign up on the fridge...it was pretty cute.

(keep in mind this was made by a 70 year old woman). It's a boy goat on ice skates

Today, I have a big list to tackle, including getting DH's birthday presents ordered, setting up a meet-n-greet with our pediatrician, getting our new insurance all figured out (DH's company switched providers as of Jan 1), and a bunch more unfun stuff. And I have to leave for the doctor about 2pm. So, I need to get to it! But, I know it's been a long while since I've updated, so wanted to check in and say HI!

so...HI!

Hope everyone is having a good week!
x

January 3rd, 2013, 10:45 AM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
Thanks for the update! I love the pixie sticks idea! Yay, the the nursery is almost done! That's awesome! I hope that your hip feels better and that you get some rest before Scooter arrives! Let us know if you end up wearing a diaper!

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

January 3rd, 2013, 11:41 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad you're doing well! That would be great if Scooter was born on Pat's birthday! I love that sign at the park.

I hope you have another great NST. Sean was super active when I was being monitored, too. I bet Scooter will be super-strong as well!

January 3rd, 2013, 03:56 PM
BabyBirdies's Avatar over the rainbow?
Hope you figure out something for sleep, but glad that Scooter is doing okay!!

Yay for the nursery being almost done as well. Hope you get a good settlement out of the Etsy lady. Looking forward to having you around more (and being on baby watch)

Read about Our Journey
Thanks Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
My fertility blog: Only Infertile

NTNP since March 2012, TTC since August 2012, HSG = one blocked tube, SA = normal, 1st RE 7/11 - took a zillion tests, 2nd RE appt = Tubal issue with PCOS tendencies, possible polyp, August 2013 - possible polyp, September 2013 - new job, insurance change! January 2014 - new insurance, March 2014 - new RE appointment, then surprise BFP!

January 3rd, 2013, 05:29 PM
36w3d - NST/AFI Update
Fluid is perfect, Scooter is perfect. Head is very low and likely engaged. But not much else to report!

I go for OB check tomorrow!
blueeyes25s and Nicholle ttc like this.

January 3rd, 2013, 06:08 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I haven't been on JM in a while but I had to come check on you Can't believe you are almost full term!!!!! Scooter is going to be here before you know it

January 3rd, 2013, 07:59 PM
JennyLee's Avatar TTC #1 after loss
Dude, Scooter is coming, like, soon
blueeyes25s likes this.
TTC #1 since 1/11, Unexplained Infertility
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
ER 10/8 - 24 eggs, 15 fertilized!
Blast transfer 10/13, 4 snowbabies
Very faint 10/18 (5dp5dt)
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!
U/S 11/14 - Heart rate 144!

My Belly Pics
January 3rd, 2013, 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyLee View Post
Dude, Scooter is coming, like, soon
You aren't kidding!!! It's pretty nuts, to be perfectly honest. To go from where I was, which you know all too well, to this point is surreal. I tell DH almost daily that I know we are going through all the motions, but I am still having a really hard time comprehending that in a month or less we are going to have a baby in this house! A HUMAN baby! Not a dog baby, hermit crab baby, fish baby, or gecko baby, but a real, live human baby. Crazy times I tell you, but so awesome.

January 4th, 2013, 12:15 AM
It was funny with all our issues it didn't click that I was going to get a little person out of it all until they said one more is push and I remember thinking holy cow they are going to put a baby on me in a second.... lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search