Karin & Scooter's Journal - BIRTH STORY (FINALLY!)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree430Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 4th, 2013, 05:43 AM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
Thanks for the update! Glad everything is going well, well at least for the most part...minus no sleep and hip pain .

I have to say its hard to believe Scooter is going to be soon!!! I'm getting so for you!

Forever missing my angel 2010

January 4th, 2013, 06:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Glad to see everything is still going ahead fairly swimmingly for you and Scooter! I loved the part about the tic tacs, one because kids on sugar are so funny, nevermind babies and also 'tic tac's - I've not seen/heard of them in years lol!

I hope your doc helps you figure out something for your sleep, perhaps they could give you a temporary catheter or something for overnight?! lol, gotta be better than a diaper!

Oh and i blue the boy goat in skates, is anyone at the park having a bet on when scooter will arrive?

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

January 4th, 2013, 06:28 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Jen, I was actually saying the same thing about wanting a catheter to my husband in the final weeks. Now I wouldn't want that because I still have some times when I'm irritated from the catheter but it sounded like a great idea then!
Jen@FirsAve likes this.

January 4th, 2013, 08:03 AM
Expecting #1
Sorry for the hip pain and need to pee. Scooter must be really low. Know that is just a sign you are closer to meeting him.

Ember was measuring 2 wks ahead of schedule too, but she ended up being 7lb. 11 oz. I had tons of u/s too, so they aren't the most reliable.

Are you going to get a cervical check? Being high risk, my OB wanted me to get one at 39 wks but any other time was optional for me so I was only checked at 37 and 39 wks.

January 4th, 2013, 09:09 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
36w4d - Off to the Doc...again.
This 3x a week thing is crazy. I feel like I live at the doc/hospital. Today is just an OB/Peri check, routine.

After yesterday's NST/AFI, I wasn't too concerned about anything until I got home later. I started having bad pelvic pain. Nothing that seemed out of the ordinary, and though I've had bouts of pain in this area in the past, this is way worse. Between that and my tailbone hurting (and my hip, don't forget), I was a HOT MESS last night. I was supposed to go to the grocery store and make a primavera for dinner, but that didn't happen. (DH did it all instead, bless him). We adjusted our sleep number to really soft, and that massively helped my hip pain, but made it really hard and almost comical (if it didn't hurt so bad) to try and get up to pee in the middle of the night. Or with the raging heartburn that seemingly ignored the Pepcid yesterday as well.

But this pelvic pain is YUCK. Again, I don't feel it's anything out of the norm, but at least I can ask about it today. Also on my list...what I can take safely to sleep. I did get up fewer times last night, but I am still not resting well, even when I'm not "up".

Julie - I have only had 1 cervix check thus far, and that was when I was sent to triage after a wonky NST. (And it sucked, big time). I am not expecting one today, but who knows what they will say after I tell them about my pain. Plus, Scooter is VERY low (the u/s tech yesterday said he looks engaged and ready), and he has been that way for quite some time. But, aside from that, I feel absolutely nothing that would lead me to believe that I'm anywhere close. I am just now starting to have contractions that are more noticeable, and they are not even close to regular (some days, I don't even feel any).

So, we will see.

Whoop, just looked at the clock, realized I'm only half dressed, and still need to stop and fill my Jeep with gas. Crikey, I gotta jet.

Be back later!
x

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
January 4th, 2013, 09:44 AM
Glad the softer bed helped the pain, even if it did cause other problems. I think our memory foam helped the aches and pains but the difficulty rolling and moving that you noticed probably led to throwing out my back so be careful!

I really can't believe that you're so close to meeting Scooter Man!

January 4th, 2013, 11:15 AM
36w4d - A Plan is Forming...

I was NOT expecting this today at my doc appointment, but we're starting to talk induction. Of course, we want Scooter to come naturally, but since I am high risk and AMA, they don't let patients go over their EDD. So, Scooter will be a Jan baby for sure, it's just a matter of how he will get here and when!

My appointment today was with another OB in the practice, since mine was off today or something, but next week, I'm back with my regular doctor (even though they pretty much all stick to the same protocol). We will start talking about if I don't go on my own before then, inducing at either 39 or 40 weeks (or in between).

All of a sudden, it hit home.

I'm having a baby THIS MONTH.

January 4th, 2013, 11:26 AM
**** just got real!!

January 4th, 2013, 11:42 AM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
Woo hoo!!!! January baby!!! Only a couple more weeks to go!!!!

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

January 4th, 2013, 01:32 PM
DeepSouthMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's ok to cut down on water in the evenings to make nights more bearable.

Speaking of making things more bearable, one word, chiropractor! I HIGHLY recommend this for all preggos.

And yay!!!!!!! Hurry up, Scooter, we can't wait for you to get here!
fromustobaby likes this.

Michelle ~ Mommy to Joseph
January 4th, 2013, 01:41 PM
The chiropractor helped me a ton!

January 6th, 2013, 07:32 AM
JennyLee's Avatar TTC #1 after loss
I hope you don't have to be induced, but it's good that you're getting a plan together!
TTC #1 since 1/11, Unexplained Infertility
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
ER 10/8 - 24 eggs, 15 fertilized!
Blast transfer 10/13, 4 snowbabies
Very faint 10/18 (5dp5dt)
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!
U/S 11/14 - Heart rate 144!

My Belly Pics
January 6th, 2013, 12:36 PM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
I can only imagine trying to get out of your sleep number when it's soft with how far along you are. I normally sleep on a soft number...35 and have noticed its was getting harder to get out of bed. I have adjusted it to 45 so far...trying to make slow transition but have been wondering if I kept it as soft as 35 how hard it will be to get out of bed later on

Anyways! Yes you are going to have a babies w/in weeks even days

I am soooo excited and happy for you and cannot wait!

Forever missing my angel 2010

January 6th, 2013, 01:24 PM
Expecting #1
Scooter is coming this month!!!! Yay!!!!!!!

Ember was really low for a week but I wasn't dilated. OB said once I dilated she came out real easy because of how low she was. I hope your labor will be like that too since Scooter is so low!

January 7th, 2013, 09:19 AM
DaniM0820's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can't decide if I'm more excited to see what Scooter looks like or to find out what his name is....
Mom2JDub and Belita like this.

January 7th, 2013, 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniM0820 View Post
I can't decide if I'm more excited to see what Scooter looks like or to find out what his name is....
I think at this point, we are just foregoing a traditional name and just going to keep Scooter on his birth certificate! That's what everyone is going to call him anyway!

Just kidding.

We are in the same boat. We didn't get the 3/4D u/s so we don't even have a "sneak peek". And though we have some names that we really like, and one that is top billing right now, we are still sticking with our guns to see him first before deciding. (Which is driving the planning side of me crazy, since there are 2 very specific things for his nursery that are name related that I want to order, but can't!!)
Belita likes this.

January 7th, 2013, 11:17 AM
37w0d - FULL TERM!
I honest to goodness never thought I would see this day. Just even a few weeks ago it seemed so far away, and now it's here. I am full term...well, Scooter is, anyway. Doesn't mean I want him here yet, I would much prefer he bake until at least 39 weeks, but I have a sense of relief knowing that if he were to come anytime from this point forward, he would probably be a-ok.

Our weekend was good, but very busy. Friday night, we just relaxed, didn't do anything. DH had a busy week at work, and a stressful day on Friday, so we just relaxed and prepared (mentally) for the busy weekend ahead.

Saturday, we were up and out of the house early, grabbed breakfast at IHOP, and something wasn't right from the minute I got up that morning. I felt off, different, strange. Not bad, just odd. By the time we got to IHOP, I was feeling queasy, then we went inside and it was steamy hot in there! That didn't help anything. I took off my vest and sweater, and that helped, just being in a tank top. Then I went to the bathroom () and that seemed to help more than anything. DH got me some ice water, and we ate our breakfast. I was having contractions already, and he was sort of freaked out. Nothing time-able or regular, but they were the most "real" contractions I've felt to date.

We finished our breakfast, and went on our errands. We ended up getting a ton of things done, including getting the airplay speakers and bose dock that we've been wanting, and we treated Scooter to his very own iPod We have one working iPod in the house, and we use that in our bathroom, and it's old. Most of our music we listen to on our phones these days (hence the airplay speakers, which will also come with us to L&D), so we figured we'd get Scooter his own dock and iPod. Plus, our swing (mamaRoo) has an iPod dock as well, so it will get some great use. We came home, did a bunch more stuff around the house, including working more on hospital bags and finally installing the car seat, then went back out for a quick Target run, and finally crashed on the couch for the night around 8pm.

The long and short of the day Saturday is that I had contractions all day long. They weren't quite regular, but they were FAR stronger than I've felt to date. DH was totally worried, and got a bug up his butt to make sure we got things ready. I had one contraction on Sat night that had me nearly in tears. It didn't hurt, per se, but it was STRONG and intense. Lasted about 1 1/2 min. After that, DH ordered me to the couch for the night.

Yesterday, we got up and out early again, then went to pick up our kid-friend coffee/end tables (to replace the wrought iron/stone ones we had), and they are FAB. DH had a bunch of work to do to prep for this week (his quarterly executive meetings), so he did that, and I worked on my L&D playlists and a Lullaby playlist for Scooter. We ran out for a quick lunch, came back, he did more work, and I did my first load of baby laundry!!

This is becoming so real.

I took the tags off and washed Scooter's coming home outfits (yes, plural, since 1) I haven't totally decided yet, and 2) a 0-3 month one in addition to the NB one since I don't know if he'll be that big or not, though I hope not!)

I did realize that his 0-3 month one is handwash only...which is dumb for baby clothes, but it was a splurge purchase, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised. So, I still need to wash that today. I made it through 2 loads (one light/one dark) and didn't lose a single sock or mitten! I also washed a bunch of LS and SS plain white onesies too, as well as some blankets, and bibs. Not everything, but enough to get us through the first bit at home. Plus, anything that I have packed in both me and DH's diaper bags got washed. We also boiled a few paci's - mostly just so we have a couple at the hospital.

We hung up the shelves in Scooter's room, and picked a few things that will temporarily live there. Short of getting the valance fixed from the Etsy seller (she STILL hasn't responded to me, and it's been nearly 2 weeks, ugh.), Scooter's nursery is DONE!

I think today, I may pull out the camera and snap some photos to finally share...

Of course, there are still 2 things that are most certainly going to be ordered for his room, but they are both name-specific, and thus, I can't get them until later.

Oh ya, Friday, I spent a chunk of time on the phone with some peeps trying to get my breast pump. Turns out my insurance will cover several types, likely at different amounts, some free and some at a small cost to me. I am fairly certain I will be able to get the Medela Freestyle (the one I chose) for at LEAST 50% off if not way more (likely). I just need to get some paperwork from my doc and fax it over.

Today, I've got a ton to do. This week is super busy.

Today - finish hospital bags, put in car, finish L&D playlists, choose/book NB photographer, send off a few packages to our folks. Oh ya, NST/AFI/BPP this afternoon.

Tomorrow - WORK (explain in a new post later)

Wed - volunteer in morning, mani/pedi, OB check in afternoon

Thu - NST/AFI/BPP in morning, hair cut/color at noon, then drop the dogs in the kennel (exp later), and head to DH's holiday party.

The reason the dogs are going to the kennel is that DH surprised me with a mini-staycation!!! His holiday party is always at a fancy restaurant or hotel in town, and this year, it's at a nice hotel. He decided to book us a room for the night of the party and also for the next night! That way, we can enjoy the party, but if I get tired or need to get off my feet for a bit, I can go up to our room. Then, we don't have to worry about driving home either, since sometimes it goes pretty late. The next day, his plan was to order us room service, and just enjoy the day. We are going to a local awesome aquarium and he's taking me to see a movie (Les Mis). Then we will probably grab a nice dinner in the area on Fri night. He took the whole day off work (odd for him, especially since he'll be taking much time off in the coming month!) Saturday, we will check out, and he is driving me to my prenatal massage!!!! He bought me a gift certificate for our anniversary, and honestly, this is the first chance we've been able to make it work! He is going to drop me off, go pick up the dogs from the kennel before they close for the weekend, then come back and get me (it's a super pain in the butt to park where I have to go and he didn't want me to stress over it).

So...THAT's what I have to look forward to this week!!!

Sorry for such a long update, but I've had a lot to update.

I will keep my new job for a separate post, and also try and get some belly pics updated from around Christmas and maybe even some Scooter nursery pics later too!

Happy Monday all!

x
Belita likes this.

January 7th, 2013, 12:47 PM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
Sounds like a great weekend! New job????? Can't wait to read your next post!

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

January 7th, 2013, 12:55 PM
Awesome update! New job??? Can't wait to hear about it! I guess it's something at the park?

January 7th, 2013, 01:10 PM
Hi Ladies!
I will update more later, but I need to hop in the shower, and grab a bite before going to the doc in 45 min...

But yep, new job! I have some prep work to do this week, but everything is super flexible until, during, and after Scooter's arrival.

I will actually be working for my old school! They have hired my consulting firm (Killer Bee Consulting - aka me), to do social media marketing. Perfect combination of my passion for animals, school, and all that jazz.

The founder of the school, who was also one of my professors for many of my courses in exotic animal training/enrichment, came out of the blue a few weeks back and approached me about this opportunity. They are well aware that I am past 9 months pregnant, and will be out of pocket for a while, but they are in such need of help, that they are willing to deal with my leave and such and take what they can get!

So exciting!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search