Karin & Scooter's Journal - BIRTH STORY (FINALLY!)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree430Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 28th, 2012, 08:06 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just had a random thought about how perfect it would be if your Safari Park friends threw a baby shower for you at the park.

June 28th, 2012, 08:19 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
HA! That would be funny! It wouldn't happen, but that would be really, really fun. It's been hard being there all week with this belly/bloat. I've managed to cover it for the most part, as since I've had not a ton of energy, I often sit down at animal encounters (yes, I just plop on the ground, nobody thinks anything of it). So, luckily, the way I'm sitting has covered any sign of my bloat. I did see one friend, though, and I was standing up talking to her before she brought her animals out. She's pretty young though, and probably didn't notice anything.

Ugh, it's getting harder to hide!
Belita likes this.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
June 28th, 2012, 09:02 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Sorry if I missed it elsewhere, but when do you plan to reveal to people other than your close family?

June 28th, 2012, 09:08 PM
DeepSouthMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belita View Post
It's not always Feb. 28th, though. Shrove Tuesday, which is the official day for Pancake Day is Fat Tuesday. We party it up with Mardi Gras, the Brazilians do Carnivale, and the British make pancakes!
Are you from New Orleans by chance??

Karin, I couldn't keep up with one journal, so keeping up with three...even if you are copying and pasting...is a miracle in my opinion!

Michelle ~ Mommy to Joseph
June 28th, 2012, 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepSouthMommy View Post
Karin, I couldn't keep up with one journal, so keeping up with three...even if you are copying and pasting...is a miracle in my opinion!
Ya, i went through a phase where I could barely keep up with my TTC journal, but then I made a pact with myself to write in it at least every weekday, if not every day. My TTC journal will end when I stop hosting the TTC#1 board...then the other 2 will probably just be copy|paste!

June 28th, 2012, 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepSouthMommy

Are you from New Orleans by chance??
No, but I can see why that comment made you think so! I just meant that in the US if people celebrate it's through the Mardi Gras. Are you from there?

June 28th, 2012, 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by junie22 View Post
Sorry if I missed it elsewhere, but when do you plan to reveal to people other than your close family?
I don't think I said, so don't worry, you didn't miss anything! We honestly aren't sure. Our original plan was to wait until 12 weeks. Then the bloat happened. Given that we have no family nearby, nobody sees us. Most of our friends here work with DH, so I don't see them much, unless I go there. So both of those groups are easy to physically avoid. However, the people I see every day are my Park friends. And I can't avoid them, really, without people taking notice. I have been hiding out from a few folks there for a few weeks, and I got called out on FB for it

The bigger I got, and the fact that I'm already in maternity pants at 9 weeks, and then random situations like the wedding last weekend...we are fairly certain that the reveal roll-out will start next week, following our 10w appointment. If all goes well at that appointment, I will "graduate" from my RE, and move to my regular doctor. Once that happens, I think we'll be ok telling people. I know my parents are bursting at the seams, and are dying to tell people, so they will be pleased. Only thing I have to watch out for with that is my one aunt.

We are very close, so she would be one of the first people we would tell. Same goes for when my brother and SIL announced their pregnancy. They, however, were ready to announce to close family and friends, but not publicly on FB. That aunt, the second she found out, went on FB and wrote a big "congratulations on your baby" thing. I need to make it VERY clear that this aunt is NOT to do this. We may choose to reveal to close family and friends, but would like to do the FB reveal a bit later.

Oh the drama.

But I can't hide it from my friends at the Park much longer. I have one keeper friend who has been on loan to another area of the Park during the remodel of the Petting Kraal and Animal Care Center. So, i see her on occasion, when we plan to meet up for a minute or two during her break, but I stopped doing that once the bloat started. She knows me best, knows we were doing IVF, and will notice in one MILLISECOND. I think her schedule goes back to normal this weekend, so I pretty much have to avoid her there, or just not go. It's just getting too hard to hide. You've all seen my belly pics...I don't look 9 weeks, I look way farther along that that!

So, there ya go! Long winded way of saying, probably next week

June 29th, 2012, 03:54 AM
jojo2bee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I started wearing my materinity pants really eairly on to. It became way to uncomfortable to wear my regular jeans and work pants so I fell for the stretchy ha ha! and by the way I'm loving the belly pics! Can't wait to see little scooter get bigger!

June 29th, 2012, 07:32 AM
So exciting that you could be revealing next week! Even when you're not bloated, it's hard to keep a secret when you're so darn happy. I stuck it out with everyone except immediate family and very close friends until after my NT scan at 12 1/2 weeks. It was really difficult to wait, though, and I know that a couple of women at work suspected it but just didn't say anything.

I feel you on the family Facebook thing. I had to personally ask each family member not to post anything on Facebook or tell anyone else. When I did make the announcement, my aunt told me that she already knew. My mom just couldn't keep it a secret for 6 weeks. That's all I asked, and she just couldn't do it. However, at least my aunt didn't post anything ahead of my announcement. That was a relief.

Hope next week's appointment goes fabulously and you can stop trying to hide the bloat.

June 29th, 2012, 10:37 AM
9w4d - Uber quick update
The weather is gorgeous (already 80s at 930am), I am DONE with all my school for this week, and I ate breakfast. I'm feeling normal, and I have NO reason to be inside right now, so just a quick "hello!" then I'm headed to the Park!

DH finally got home last night, about 130, after his flights got diverted, then delayed, but luckily his connecting flight to SAN was also delayed, so it worked like a charm. He just got home late, but hey, he's home a day early!

I did a ton of work on a photo book project for my friend for her birthday (that was in April ) yesterday. Should be able to make more progress this afternoon!

My bloat is going down for sure. Of course it makes me worry a bit, but that's more because I've been feeling more normal than not, and aside from the peeing a million times a night and the odd food aversions/cravings, I don't really have any symptoms. I am NOT complaining, though, I'll take it! I will, of course feel better after my 10w scan on Monday.

And last bit of news, I was chosen to co-host my DDC! I love hosting (can you tell?), and now I am a double host. My board is starting to settle a bit, so it's not as frantic to follow anymore. I've been playing host for a while now, so it's really just become official, that's all. We'll see how well I can do hosting 2 boards for a while.

I think what I may do is see if I can stay on here as "Grads Host", even though we don't really have a separate host for Grads. I am still thinking this through, but want to have a plan developed in the next couple of weeks. I figured that I should be stepping down here around 12-13w. We shall see. I don't want to leave though, I love it here!

Ok, that's my quickie update...headed to the Park!

xx Have a wonderful Friday!!

June 29th, 2012, 11:07 AM
KatieKat's Avatar TTC #1
Nice! Congrats I'm sad we're not in the same DDC anymore, but you'll do an awesome job! Just like you do here

~thanks to Jaidynsmum for my perfect siggy!~

June 29th, 2012, 01:42 PM
you'll do a great job!!

June 29th, 2012, 05:05 PM
9w4d - Whew, long day!
Well, I successfully spent about 6 hours at the Park today! It was a hot one, but I stayed in the shade best I could, and kept hydrated. Saw many animal and human friends, the bird show, a few animal presentations, and the soft launch of their summer safari program. My friend Joan, one of the keepers, the one I said I had to avoid because she would guess my secret in one second, called me during the bird show. I called her back afterwards, playing phone tag. The goats were back home, and though the Kraal is still blocked off, I'm guessing she was going to sneak me back to see my goats. But we played phone tag for an hour or so. I snuck a peek through an opening of her running around with Beverly (one of the older Pygmys), so that was cute. I was super excited to see the goats and her, but on the other hand, sort of wanted to avoid the inevitable conversation if she saw me. We never connected, so that worked out well.

Now, I'm back home, hot, and just had an ice cream. Another day of bad food. I had pancakes for breakfast, but no real lunch. Just some snacks of almonds, sea salt/malt vinegar potato chips, and 2 rice cakes. WTH is that? Real food doesn't sound good to me. It doesn't sound bad, just not good. Not quite sure what dinner will be. Friday is always pizza night, but so far, that's been my only aversion. DH said he will be home "early" tonight, so that probably means by 6 instead of 7 or 8. We shall see!

A little worried about Max's one eye. He's already blind in both, and he's had previous surgery to remove a detached lens in this one. But the eye is all of a sudden misshapen. I think it's glaucoma. The main concerns with glaucoma is catching it early to avoid blindness, which can set in quickly if pressure builds up too fast, but he's already blind, and pain. He doesn't seem to be bothered by it at all, so I'm just sort of keeping an eye on it, so to speak. I could take him to his vet, but I know he really needs to go to his ophthalmologist. That couldn't happen until next week anyway, so I'm just waiting to see if anything changes.

With that, off to work on my photo project for a bit before DH comes home...then maybe lie down for a bit. I don't feel tired, but I have a feeling I may have overdone it today! Outside in the 100 degree heat, walking around for 6 hours...ya, I shall sleep good tonight!

As per usual, I might not be around much over the weekend, though I always keep tabs on my phone. I just spend too much time on the computer during the week, and with DH traveling so much and always working late (and now me going to bed early), we hardly get any time together...so weekends are "us" time!

Hope everyone has a super great weekend!

x

June 29th, 2012, 06:30 PM
Sorry you missed your goats! My dad's friend had some pet pygmy goats named Thunder and Lightning. They were so cute! He had leashes that he would walk them on. Unfortunately, they were eaten by dogs, but those goats were awesome while he had them!

I hear you about the heat and sun making you tired. I'm exhausted and am biding my time until a reasonable bedtime before allowing myself to go to sleep.

June 29th, 2012, 08:00 PM
Tammyms's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay for you being able to reveal soon! I have to admit it's tough when people don't get the we're not public yet... I had a guy at work that came in and talked about my pregnancy daily no matter how many times I got mad at him and told him to shut it I never intended to tell him until we revealed but he knew about our IVF and was asking me like 5 times a day and was a bit of a bully about it... so ya I feel your grrr!

Make a pregnancy ticker
June 29th, 2012, 08:45 PM
Glad you had such a good day, and I hope you have a wonderful weekend too.

And congrats on your new hosting gig!

July 2nd, 2012, 11:23 AM
10w0d - Happy Monday!
I CANNOT believe I am 10w today! That number seemed so out of reach a few weeks ago, and now I'm here! More later on that.

I had a super busy weekend. If anyone figured out, I don't spend any time on my computer on the weekends if I can help it. I read just about every single post this weekend on my phone though, during relaxation periods on the couch. I just have long nails and hate phone typing!

We did a lot this weekend. Sat, we spent the day at the Park, as my goat friends came home after a hiatus since mid-April while their Kraal was being renovated. I missed them so much, I ran in and gave a few of my special favorites big hugs. Mandi (Mandolin) and Trumpet missed me especially, and both were giving me all sorts of goat love. We spent a lot of time at the Park. I go many times a week, DH only goes on weekends, and we probably only go every other weekend at that (lately, summer we go more). We spent til about 330 there (got there about 930), so I was wiped. We went home, I took a nap for a few hours, DH went and did stuff with his Harley, then we grabbed a quick bite out, came home, and watched the Olympic Trials on TV.

Yesterday, we got up early, went to breakfast, then went shopping for some new camping gear. We go on an annual camping trip each August to the Black Hills, SD for the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally. We always camp at the same place, mostly, and it's a nice campground. However, DH wants to be sure that this year, I'm extra comfortable. So, he decided to upgrade our air mattress to a SUPER thick and firm one to make sure I'm as comfortable as possible in a tent. As such, this mattress will not fit in our smaller tent, so we are also upgrading our tent. I made sure he wasn't just doing this for this year and me being pg. We talked a lot about it, and decided to just make the investment now, in a larger tent that we can use for many, many years, with our whole family. So, it's a larger tent than we need for just the 2 of us, but it will last us for a LONG time, and will fit our entire family. Good investment. We did a bunch of research, but ended up ordering online, since we found our supplies cheaper and with free shipping. Also made a stop at the reptile store to pick up some cricket snacks for my gecko

We also found a fire proof safe for my old photos. We went looking for one at office supply stores, initially thinking we'd get a smaller one for only the pics, but for a just a few dollars more, we decided on a larger safe. Now we can put pictures, and important papers and such in there as well. Sort of dumb that we're just now getting one, since we live in a fire-prone area. The store had it for $90, and Amazon had it for $75 with free 2-day shipping, so we came home and placed our orders. By this time, it was almost 5, so we relaxed on the couch, then DH made me some pasta for dinner. I stayed up until 10 watching Olympic Trials, and though they had an hour left, I made myself go to bed.

Today, I'm doing my Monday, no posting on the weekend, JM catch up. I had pancakes for breakfast. Need to hop in the shower soon, and go get DH for our 1245 10w scan! Today is a big day.

Today, our 10w0d appointment, is the last day our RE can legally see us. After today, she isn't covered, insurance wise, to see me any more. So, I will have my last scan there, and assuming all is well, I will "graduate" from the Fertility Clinic. I should also get my little envelope of all my u/s pics from the past few weeks (6w, 8w, and today). Neat!

I called last week to make an appointment with my doctor, a peri. I thought it wouldn't be an issue, since I am a previous patient. When I was a new patient, the process is, you call, give a bunch of information, then your "case" is put to the doctors for review. If they choose to accept you as a patient, they call you back, and you make your appointment. They are a highly specialized group of doctors, and as such, extremely busy. There is one doctor who is so popular, he books at least 6 months out. So, you pretty much have to make your appointment before you even get PG! (Of course it's not really that extreme, but it's not far off). My doctor is a little less busy, but it's tough to schedule still. So I called last week, thinking because I am a previous patient, I can just make an appointment. But no, apparently, they go through case review with each new pregnancy! So, they had to take all my info, then put it to the doctor for review. If I'm accepted, they call me back to make appointment. I called on Wed, and she was out (in surgeries, deliveries, etc) the rest of last week. So, she won't even review my case until today or tomorrow. I should still get in...she told me she would happily see me next time I was pregnant at my last appointment after my D&C last year. I'm not worried, just anxious to get it scheduled!

So, that's that. I got a little nervous late last week, since I was starting to go asymptomatic, but I still feel quite pregnant, so I think things are just fine. We agreed that if all goes well today, we are going to start telling close family and friends. My friends at the Park see me too often, and the past few days, I KNOW they have noticed, no matter how I stand, or try and cover my bloat. They are just too polite to say anything. It will be nice to just "let it out", and not worry about hiding my belly/bloat!

Well, I am going to go shower, and do a few things before I have to leave. I will check in later for sure!
Happy Monday!

xx

July 2nd, 2012, 12:06 PM
Glad you had a productive weekend (with some naps thrown in here and there)! Can't wait to hear about this afternoon's appointment. I hope Scooter is looking as cute as ever.

July 2nd, 2012, 12:30 PM
Can't wait for your update! I bet Scooter is doing just fine.

July 2nd, 2012, 03:45 PM
10w0d - Scan Update.

Scooter is PERFECT. He is measuring 10w1d, and was fast asleep when we first "got in there". But then after doing all sorts of measurements and such, my RE decided to wake Scooter up! She started mushing around on my belly and such, and boy did that do the trick! Scooter started doing a little dance!

We saw fingers, hands, feet, and then my RE asked 2 questions:

1. Who has a really big, big toe?
2. Which one of you dances funny?

Apparently Scooter has a big, big toe! Funny, neither of us do (matter of fact, we both pride ourselves on having pretty cute feet)! And that dance Scooter did made us all laugh. I think I screamed a little when Scooter started moving around. I glanced up at DH, who was standing right next to me, and he had the biggest grin I've ever seen! Then all our smiles turned into laughs, when my RE compared Scooter's dance to Elaine's on Seinfeld. If you don't know what I mean, click here.

So, we graduated! I have my U/S pics, and will get those scanned in later today or tomorrow. We got a graduation certificate, and copies of all our papers post-transfer (I think, haven't looked, but it has all my recent measurements from betas onward).

We are beaming. We couldn't be happier. Tonight, we are going to call our immediate family, and our best friends. The rest will fall into place later this week.

Tonight we'll take our 10w belly pic, and tomorrow I'll get that posted, along with all my u/s pics

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search